Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
Kasey

Default It's a Living (Logo Airings)

Anyone have a complete set from the Logo airings? I already own the previous set that was floating around on I-Offer, etc. so am looking for upgraded quality. Contact me via PM.

Top 10 Shows I Want Completed on DVD: It's a Living, The Donna Reed Show, Phyllis, Petticoat Junction, My Three Sons, Murphy Brown, The Hogan Family, Julia, 227, Delta

Last edited by Kasey; 09-08-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:50 AM   #2
TeeVeeCloset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Anyone have a complete set from the Logo airings? I already own the previous set that was floating around on I-Offer, etc. so am looking for upgraded quality.
I am currently putting together a mint quality 80 episode "Best Of" 16 disc set from the Logo airings with the commercials professionally edited out. Each episode runs approx 21 minutes.

It has been quite a labor intensive project, The set does contain all of seasons 1 thru 3 minus a few that Logo always skips due to some unknown reason. I prefer the Ann Jillian years (especially season 1) but have a healthy dose of seasons 4 thru 6 including the finale clip show "The Sonny & Dot Show".

Each episode also includes a slate at the beginning with the title, episode description and original airdate taken from the electronic program guide.

All of the transferring/editing is taken place in real time, as i don't use computer high speed burners.

I just really have fond memories of the series and since it will never get an official release due to sonnys' piano playing snippets of songs, i set out to make my own very enjoyable set. Plus I feel this is the last shot at extensive national airings of the series since it was gone so long since its' last very brief showings on TV Land nearly two decades ago.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
retroTVfan4ever

As a general rule I don't watch TV shows made from 1980 and forward so I'm not interested in It's A Living, but during the past few years I recorded some other shows from TV, I recorded The Joey Bishop Show episodes from Antenna TV and put those on to DVD's, I recorded the episodes of Peter Loves Mary and The Girl With Something Extra from GetTV and put those on to DVD's, I also recorded The Paul Lynde Show episodes from Antenna TV but I haven't put those on to DVD's yet, I just have them recorded and saved on my DVR.

Antenna TV runs edited versions of the Joey Bishop episodes, I wish they would run the shows uncut but it's better than nothing.

Antenna TV runs 19 of the 26 Paul Lynde episodes, 7 episodes are missing but 19 is better than nothing.

I don't record shows from GetTV anymore because they now telecast in widescreen format with the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. I hate widescreen. Thankfully, when I recorded the Peter Loves Mary and The Girl With Something Extra episodes from GetTV a few years ago, those shows are fullscreen because GetTV hadn't yet changed to widescreen.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:49 AM   #4
TeeVeeCloset

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever View Post
As a general rule I don't watch TV shows made from 1980 and forward so I'm not interested in It's A Living, but during the past few years I recorded some other shows from TV, I recorded The Joey Bishop Show episodes from Antenna TV and put those on to DVD's, I recorded the episodes of Peter Loves Mary and The Girl With Something Extra from GetTV and put those on to DVD's, I also recorded The Paul Lynde Show episodes from Antenna TV but I haven't put those on to DVD's yet, I just have them recorded and saved on my DVR.

Antenna TV runs edited versions of the Joey Bishop episodes, I wish they would run the shows uncut but it's better than nothing.

Antenna TV runs 19 of the 26 Paul Lynde episodes, 7 episodes are missing but 19 is better than nothing.

I don't record shows from GetTV anymore because they now telecast in widescreen format with the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. I hate widescreen. Thankfully, when I recorded the Peter Loves Mary and The Girl With Something Extra episodes from GetTV a few years ago, those shows are fullscreen because GetTV hadn't yet changed to widescreen.
Nice post, I record the same as you and buy every release, like have lotsa luck and good morning world dvds from a decade ago way before they ran on antenna.

We have much of the same taste in classic tv, even bought dvd of pete and gladys.

btw my gettv thank goodness is still full screen 4:3 ratio with a hd converter box from cable company because that is all they offer! I am watching on a 36 inch beloved 4:3 tv but am forced to watch converted hd channels. Thank goodness Logo, gettv, fetv, and antenna all remain full screen as i can't stand watching 16:9 either, I believe most don't even have a clue about aspect ratios on their modern only available widescreen tv's.

I hate modern tv's, first because screens should be glass, not plastic! the sound sucks unless you hook up additional speakers. I also strictly believe a series should always be shown as shot, we all know classic tv was never shot in 16:9!

I fully understand regarding movies which were shot 16:9 letterbox.

My rant is done! LOL Have a great classic TV day and time!
TeeVeeCloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #5
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVeeCloset View Post
Nice post, I record the same as you and buy every release, like have lotsa luck and good morning world dvds from a decade ago way before they ran on antenna.

We have much of the same taste in classic tv, even bought dvd of pete and gladys.

btw my gettv thank goodness is still full screen 4:3 ratio with a hd converter box from cable company because that is all they offer! I am watching on a 36 inch beloved 4:3 tv but am forced to watch converted hd channels. Thank goodness Logo, gettv, fetv, and antenna all remain full screen as i can't stand watching 16:9 either, I believe most don't even have a clue about aspect ratios on their modern only available widescreen tv's.

I hate modern tv's, first because screens should be glass, not plastic! the sound sucks unless you hook up additional speakers. I also strictly believe a series should always be shown as shot, we all know classic tv was never shot in 16:9!

Yes I also have Good Morning World and Lotsa Luck, DVD sets that were released back in the 2000's decade.

How about My Mother The Car? Do you have that one too? I have the DVD set but it's not a great sitcom by any means, probably the most outlandish of the 1960's fantasy sitcoms, good for a few laughs here and there, I was surprised when this was released. I think Car 54 got released on DVD also but I don't have that one.

Warner Archive has released some interesting old shows, Hank (1965-66 sitcom), The Jimmy Stewart Show (1971-72 sitcom), Harry O (1974-76 detective series with David Janssen), and the just recently released Bronk (1975-76 detective series with Jack Palance.)

I suppose I could contact my cable service regarding the GetTV widescreen telecasting but it's been awhile since I've been interested in anything on GetTV's schedule. They seem to have discontinued airing some of these short lived sitcoms from the 60's and 70's.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:02 PM   #6
TeeVeeCloset

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever View Post
Yes I also have Good Morning World and Lotsa Luck, DVD sets that were released back in the 2000's decade.

How about My Mother The Car? Do you have that one too? I have the DVD set but it's not a great sitcom by any means, probably the most outlandish of the 1960's fantasy sitcoms, good for a few laughs here and there, I was surprised when this was released. I think Car 54 got released on DVD also but I don't have that one.

Warner Archive has released some interesting old shows, Hank (1965-66 sitcom), The Jimmy Stewart Show (1971-72 sitcom), Harry O (1974-76 detective series with David Janssen), and the just recently released Bronk (1975-76 detective series with Jack Palance.)

I suppose I could contact my cable service regarding the GetTV widescreen telecasting but it's been awhile since I've been interested in anything on GetTV's schedule. They seem to have discontinued airing some of these short lived sitcoms from the 60's and 70's.
Yes I have the over sized box that holds the 2 my mother the car cases, i bought the series released by two seasons of Car 54 and yes have archive jimmy stewart show. Mainly like sitcom and animation.

Yes remember the good mornings of gettv yet they never got many nanny and the professor episodes.

I enjoy Sonny & Cher/Cher Show on gettv still and at holiday time they gear up plenty of rare variety! Though luckily i had TV Land from launch when they didn't run commercials! Yes its true, in place of real commercials they ran promos and old ones. Plus Sonny & Cher and other shows ran totally uncut! I recorded over 30 episodes. Every official release of the show has musical edits.

I love the oddball releases like My Living Doll, How To Marry A Millionaire, The Bad News Bears, It's About Time, Im Dickens, He's Finster, Bridget Loves Bernie, etc. Though many at times don't ever release the promised volume 2. Even The Real McCoys ended after season 6. Tho off the top of my head not sure how many seasons it lasted.

So much lost tv that should be released like Muir, Daises, nanny and so many uncompleted. But I am grateful as the days of actual released dvd's is sadly slowly ending with downloading.
TeeVeeCloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:40 PM   #7
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Yes I have the over sized box that holds the 2 my mother the car cases, i bought the series released by two seasons of Car 54 and yes have archive jimmy stewart show. Mainly like sitcom and animation.

Yes remember the good mornings of gettv yet they never got many nanny and the professor episodes.

I enjoy Sonny & Cher/Cher Show on gettv still and at holiday time they gear up plenty of rare variety! Though luckily i had TV Land from launch when they didn't run commercials! Yes its true, in place of real commercials they ran promos and old ones. Plus Sonny & Cher and other shows ran totally uncut! I recorded over 30 episodes. Every official release of the show has musical edits.

I love the oddball releases like My Living Doll, How To Marry A Millionaire, The Bad News Bears, It's About Time, Im Dickens, He's Finster, Bridget Loves Bernie, etc. Though many at times don't ever release the promised volume 2. Even The Real McCoys ended after season 6. Tho off the top of my head not sure how many seasons it lasted.

So much lost tv that should be released like Muir, Daises, nanny and so many uncompleted. But I am grateful as the days of actual released dvd's is sadly slowly ending with downloading.
Sonny & Cher is one show on GetTV's schedule that I like but I haven't recorded any of the episodes.

I like some of these oddball releases too, I thought about getting How To Marry A Millionaire but after sampling a few episodes on You Tube it didn't seem to be my type of show. I have the It's About Time DVD set, that is a wacky show. I probably would have bought I'm Dickens, He's Fenster if the whole season had been released but sadly that isn't the case. Volume one with episodes 1-16 was released but there hasn't been a volume two.

I believe there were plans to release Please Don't Eat The Daisies on DVD but nothing has happened which makes me wonder if maybe there are elements issues with some of the episodes.

I agree that classic TV show DVD releases are decreasing but I remain on the lookout for anything that might interest me.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:08 PM   #8
stevea
LITB/FKB Fan

Quote:

I absolutely HATE HDTVs. First of all the audio is horrible. I'd like to blame the cable box, but the audio was fine with the old picture tube TV from the early 2000s.

You get virtually no RCA jacks on the TV. Try hooking up a little switcher and it won't work. So I'm always plugging and unplugging cables.

I hate SD widescreen. But even worse is SD played on an HD channel, which then employs black sidebars.

As far as I'm concerned TV was fine in SD. My HDTV is only 32" and I hate the thing. I'd rather have my nice old TV back.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:28 PM   #9
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea View Post
I absolutely HATE HDTVs. First of all the audio is horrible. I'd like to blame the cable box, but the audio was fine with the old picture tube TV from the early 2000s.

You get virtually no RCA jacks on the TV. Try hooking up a little switcher and it won't work. So I'm always plugging and unplugging cables.

I hate SD widescreen. But even worse is SD played on an HD channel, which then employs black sidebars.

As far as I'm concerned TV was fine in SD. My HDTV is only 32" and I hate the thing. I'd rather have my nice old TV back.
Modern TV's are garbage and I wouldn't waste my money on any of them.

My living room TV is a 27" Zenith brand, my bedroom TV is a 21" Sony Trinitron. Hopefully those sets will continue working for many more years.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #10
Kasey

I am holding off on this posting for now. If the show starts airing on Antenna TV in 2020 I won't have any need for the Logo airings.
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote