Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #46
Zlatko
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Really? What makes you say that?
I'm not going to generalize that all gay women look like such and such. However, Amy looked like a very specific stereotype; that of a sports-orientated gay girl.

http://www.amybradley.net/photos.htm

Of course, my aunt loved sports and looked the same, yet she was straight. This is all unfounded speculation. Still, I don't rule out the chance that she was gay.

BTW, Don Dixon looks like the type to hang around elementary schools. Just sayin
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #47
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke74
It's entirely possible that it's Chase's friends who were gay.
I understand completely. But honestly, how many straight men would have two close gay friends who were close enough to be interviewed on tv?
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:56 AM   #48
NellieBlyArmy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I understand completely. But honestly, how many straight men would have two close gay friends who were close enough to be interviewed on tv?
My husband is the first that springs to mind, though off the top of my head I can think of at least 2 other straight guys I know who have multiple gay friends who are very close.
NellieBlyArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #49
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

My best friend is a straight man.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:29 AM   #50
CanadianUMFan
Frequent Poster

I must say that this is a very interesting thread. And, yes, I could see UM not being forthcoming with information about some of the victims' sexuality whether potentially relevant to the case or not.
CanadianUMFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #51
88keys
Forum Regular

I think Amy Bradley looks like, well, a young woman from the late 90's. That short hairstyle was fairly popular back then. I had several straight girl friends who had it.
88keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #52
mistagee
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Never thought about this possibility but it could have been this. I've also always thought Matthew Chase was gay, perhaps the suspect in the ATM image was a man posing as a male prostitute who murdered Matthew.

Doubt that. The guy in the photo was butt ugly and a gang type bandana was found in his car. Matt wasnt looking for a hook up that night, and we dont even know if he was gay. I believe he had work the next day, so he didnt plan on staying out late. Discard the theory.
mistagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #53
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistagee
Doubt that. The guy in the photo was butt ugly and a gang type bandana was found in his car. Matt wasnt looking for a hook up that night, and we dont even know if he was gay. I believe he had work the next day, so he didnt plan on staying out late. Discard the theory.
People who hire prostitutes really don't care about how attractive they are. Have you seen streetwalkers before? The fact that Matthew didn't plan on staying out late means nothing. He could have simply changed his mind.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #54
Drakken
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Welcome! UM never really mentioned this but I often wondered if Lisa Bishop and Florian were having a fling. That could be one reason why she was so determined to go on the Freedon with him even though everyone was trying to get her not to go.
I'm pretty much certain they were. In fact, she was covertly going on a break to bone that guy in the Caribbean, and make that crazed journalism project traveling on a wrecked sieve on the side.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #55
dynoguy88

Quote:
People who hire prostitutes really don't care about how attractive they are. Have you seen streetwalkers before? The fact that Matthew didn't plan on staying out late means nothing. He could have simply changed his mind.
Since nobody here knew Matthew, I guess anything is possible. But I think we're getting a little off track here regarding his activities the night he was killed.

Regardless of whether he was gay or not, I highly doubt he was looking for a hookup or in need of a prostitute. I just think he planned on depositing his paycheck, buying some cat food and coming straight home like Teresa said. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Going to an ATM alone at night is bad news and I don't think people were as aware of that in the 1980's as they are now. The simplest explanation is usually the right one.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #56
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Since nobody here knew Matthew, I guess anything is possible. But I think we're getting a little off track here regarding his activities the night he was killed.

Regardless of whether he was gay or not, I highly doubt he was looking for a hookup or in need of a prostitute. I just think he planned on depositing his paycheck, buying some cat food and coming straight home like Teresa said. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Going to an ATM alone at night is bad news and I don't think people were as aware of that in the 1980's as they are now. The simplest explanation is usually the right one.
I too think he was abducted at gunpoint, while drawing money out of the ATM. Someone brought up earlier in the thread the fact that the man in the composite may have been a "pickup" and I kind of expanded on that idea as a possibility.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #57
Clytemnestra
Frequent Poster

I got the vibe from the Don Kemp segment that he and the guy in the trailer possibly had a homosexual relationship. Did anyone else feel that way? I also thought perhaps Kristen Modafferi was a lesbian.
Clytemnestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:09 AM   #58
CanadianUMFan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88keys
I think Amy Bradley looks like, well, a young woman from the late 90's. That short hairstyle was fairly popular back then. I had several straight girl friends who had it.
Are you sure that those girlfriends of yours are straight?
CanadianUMFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:23 AM   #59
brian.grimace
Occasional Poster

Default She and a stranger got friendly faster and faster -- NOT necessarily for sex !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clytemnestra
I got the vibe from the Don Kemp segment that he and the guy in the trailer possibly had a homosexual relationship. Did anyone else feel that way? I also thought perhaps Kristen Modafferi was a lesbian.
Don't know about Kemp. For Modafferi you have nothing to go on. She moved to the most heavily populated megalopolis in North America without knowing a single person there. During the month she spent there after having traveled 3,000 miles, she made eye contact with ten times more people than she actually spoke to. She barely scratched the surface of friendship with anyone who was in the very small percentage of Bay Area residents with whom she talked. Did she place a newspaper ad that included her new land line number ? That was a scary thing to do in the era before Myspace. I was too scared to do that before Myspace.

Modafferi could have been fooled by a bad person who increased their mutual familiarity in an exponentially faster way -- more intimate conversation after one minute, ten times as intimate after two minutes. Or it could have been one day / two days. And they could have been inside that San Francisco shopping mall talking about the beauty of Lands End -- not sex. The point is we know their mutual familiarity and Modafferi's trust in the other person increased faster, faster, faster within a very short time. Minutes ? Days ? Even if it were two weeks, that's not long enough for some young women in strange surroundings to become suspicious of a new acquaintance in a megalopolis.

Modafferi planned to take a photography course, but no one in such a class has come forward to say he or she ever met her. Back then an aspiring photographer had to get information by talking, not typing or texting. Modafferi was vulnerable. Unfortunately, in death she is vulnerable to people who claim to have "gaydar." Law enforcement doesn't use such a thing.

Modafferi's case remains as mysterious as the skeleton discovered encased in a block of ice in Wisconsin in the 1980s. That's in another thread I started less than an hour ago.
brian.grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #60
Mysteryphile
I wonder what happened to her.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Sody_84
I'm also gay. nice to see some Posters are down with the rainbow! but seriously I never really speculated about victim's orientation unless it had something to do with the case.

I cannot recall the man's name but he was Asian. apparently he was found shot to death in his bed. and his friend found him. there was vibes of a coverup because the Sherriff burned the Mattress. rumors arose that the victim had been seeing the Sherrif's wife. but I thought the friend who discovered his body seemed gay. like he was infatuated with the deceased man.
Oh yes...that has been my theory all along on the case. Remember how Eric and his date heard banging outside? and Eric sort of ignored (probably guessed who it was) I TOTALLY think Dixon had a crush and when it wasn't mutal he couldn't deal with it.
Mysteryphile is offline   Reply With Quote