Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post > Trading Post - Archives - Read-Only

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-11-2005, 05:55 PM   #61
Tvo
Frequent Poster

The thing was we had already had one successful trade. How long am I supposed to distrust a trader? You take your chances sometimes I guess.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:05 AM   #62
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

I had originally posted a "bad trader" post here- when in fact, I think it was more bad trading circumstances and bad communication.

I try to reserve a bad trader alert for someone who deliberatly scams or is thieving.
Someone who falls into the catagory of those who are decietful by their address or claims of inventory.

I think, under closer analyzing- that the situation that happened between Mele503 and I - was a very bad situation, with so many outside aspects that a lot of judgements and assumptions have been passed, and as well blown out of proportion.

My advice remains in trades, ask, ask, ask. And keep the lines of communication open. Assuming never answers more issues, then a direct question.

I am not above getting overwhelmed, or frustrated. I am not above making mistakes, so for any that were part of this I apologize.
And for the apologies made to me, I accept.

Last edited by savageamusement; 08-20-2005 at 12:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:47 PM   #63
mele503
Frequent Poster

Default Update to origianal bad posting!!!

I originally posted savageamusement515 as a bad trader. We both have come to terms that this list should only be used by proven bad traders and scammers. She nor I really belong on this list so both of us have decided to delete our original postings.

We both make mistakes. We are only human. We also both get agrrevated and fustrated which is what happend here.

We have come to peace with each other and we are both big enough people to admit when we went a little overboard with the postings about each other. As everyone can see it is possible to work things out with the other trader even when all seems incapable and doomed.

Mel

Last edited by mele503; 08-20-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:57 PM   #64
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

By something being worked out, I meant If I was unable to copy or provide them - due to machine incompatability, time, or even lack of available equipment- at times sometimes I have loaned out masters, or even sent them to a mutual party- they copy it for the trader, and they gain access to the show as well --
A lot of things can be worked. I will never willingly just refuse or remain unhelpful

Last edited by savageamusement; 08-20-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:15 PM   #65
ku7uk
Frequent Poster

Hi,

I want to offer my two cents in this conversation. Don't be put off by bad traders. I originally wrote this bad traders list to slow and hopefully stop bad traders from operating, and I am proud to save that for the most part it was worked wonderfully. But still some will hang around.
The fact is, trading is a gamble. But what have you really gambled? a five disc trade is what $1.00!!! The chances are that its going to be a good trade, and you'll get some sets out of it, that you would have paid $50 for if given the chance. For those rare exceptions where we get ripped off, its only a few dollars in discs.
Persoanlly, i don't worry about it. The odds are well in my favour, and its a gamble i'll take any day to get the shows i want.

ku7uk

p.s: to do a decent trader check, across all the forums, go to a search engine (www.google.com) and type in their username or e-mail address. It will check all the forums for you and let you know how active that trader is. its the fastest way to do a proper trader check.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:20 PM   #66
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Thanks for the input. Your so very right

Last edited by savageamusement; 08-20-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #67
Agent 13

Oh No savageamusement515 vs. mele503

I have been trading with savageamusement515 for over a year, and she and I have developed a friendship to where we have lent each other our masters without a blink of an eye.

Over the last months, savageamusement515 has shared with me some of her frustrations with her trade gone awry with mele503. Though I have not traded with mele503, I do feel like a fair enough judge in this matter since I know quite a few of the inside details.

I have made plenty of mistakes both in the trading world and in my personal life. Perhaps it's my age, coupled with having had forgiving traders, but I think that mele503 needs to forgive savageamusement515 and move on. savageamusement515 accidentally recorded on a master tape, and it seems to me that her mistake has been rubbed in her nose long enough.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #68
loren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 13
I have been trading with savageamusement515 for over a year, and she and I have developed a friendship to where we have lent each other our masters without a blink of an eye.

Over the last months, savageamusement515 has shared with me some of her frustrations with her trade gone awry with mele503. Though I have not traded with mele503, I do feel like a fair enough judge in this matter since I know quite a few of the inside details.

I have made plenty of mistakes both in the trading world and in my personal life. Perhaps it's my age, coupled with having had forgiving traders, but I think that mele503 needs to forgive savageamusement515 and move on. savageamusement515 accidentally recorded on a master tape, and it seems to me that her mistake has been rubbed in her nose long enough.

JEN, you know me well enough that i dont pass around praise unless it is really warranted,

i have traded with mel for a while and all is just fine with her, i give her an earned good rate

i didnt have the honor of working with savage as of yet, so i really dont know them at all, but if you say they are good, its fine enough for me

even good traders have a problem at times, this is such a minor thing to get all in a frenzy about, no lives are at stake here

its a couple blanks and a few bucks postage, yes its a matter of principal, and both parties feel they are correct and the other is a dope.

wars have started over principals

hey both youall, how about just pass it off, and put your energies toward another move, no one is out more than about $7 total

after a while even of your 100% correct, you name shows up on these disputes and folks are going to associate you as a problem person

hey mel, lets work on a gunsmoke trade and you put this one behnd you
Old 08-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #69
wolf11
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

i have to say that Kim Michalak is an excellent trader very honest person email me alot to let me know what going on i never had a problem with her she very cool and very fair person i would trade with any day in fact i setting up a trade withn her now again..i mean come on can't we all quite picking on really good traders and get the bad one of this site i mean there is more to get mad at now a days like gas prices i think kim is a excellent trader........