Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

South Park links at Sitcoms Online / South Park Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Cartoons/Animated Series > South Park

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

TV Comedy Central Renews "South Park" for 3 More Seasons

"South Park" Renewed for Three More Seasons
by Patrick Hipes
July 8, 2015

Comedy Central has struck a deal for three more seasons of its flagship animated series "South Park", ordering 30 more episodes that will extend Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s cutout cut-ups to 23 seasons.

By the end of the new pact, cable’s longest-running primetime scripted series will have aired 304 episodes. Parker and Stone will continue to write, direct and edit every episode, as they have since the 1997 series premiere, the network said in the announcement this morning.

In a separate deal, South Park Digital Studios, a joint venture between Parker, Stone and Viacom, is extending its SVOD pact with Hulu to cover the additional seasons.

The news comes ahead of "South Park‘s" Season 19 premiere on September 16.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/south-pa...al-1201472071/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 03:05 PM   #2
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

geez, only 10 episodes per year? no wonder it seems like they haven't had a new episode in forever.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
king of comedy

Great news!!
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:22 AM   #4
James28
Michael Jackson - DCS Leader

Dang, I thought South Park was going to end after its 20th season, but no. It's cheaper to produce than even a reality show, and it's still the highest-rated show on Comedy Central. Personally, I never expected SP to get renewed past S20. I suspect that they cut down the number of episodes per season because, aside from the show getting old, and its cast and crew (who are getting old as well) want more time to do other projects.

The trouble with these animated series is that they are never willing to go out on top, and never find a good number of seasons to end after.

I quit watching/following South Park after season 16, and now that SP got renewed for 3 more seasons, they can try to lure me back into following it, preferably after the end of a live-action show that I am a fan of. Well, guess what, I will NEVER go back to watching South Park.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:17 PM   #5
king of comedy

I'll keep watching them.
king of comedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:55 AM   #6
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up

I wish the 300 ep will be like the film "300".

SP can go up to 26 seasons and I'd still watch it...they don't really dumb the show down like "The Simpsons" but they use a lot of shock as well.

What newsworthy thing will SP tackle this season?

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:28 PM   #7
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"South Park" Renewed for Three More Seasons at Comedy Central
by Denise Petski
September 12, 2019

Comedy Central and "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have reached a deal for three additional seasons of the Emmy- and Peabody Award-winning animated comedy series.

The three-season, 30-episode renewal comes just two weeks ahead of the Season 23 premiere, during which the iconic comedy will surpass its milestone 300th episode.

South Park is the greatest comedy in the history of television, unmatched in its satirical strength and cultural relevancy and it shows no signs of slowing down,” said Kent Alterman, President of Comedy Central, Paramount Network and TV Land.

If humanity is still intact in 1000 years, historians will see the most transcendent artists of our era as The Beatles, Muhammed Ali, and Matt and Trey. We’ll do as many seasons as they would like.

Apparently, our efforts to get our own show cancelled have fallen short,” said Parker and Stone.

Luckily, we love Comedy Central and Kent and our staff so we are looking forward to new cancellation opportunities in the next few years.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/south-p...al-1202732230/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:46 PM   #8
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

I hear that there may be a new South Park Movie.

I hope it has Mickey Mouse team-up with Satan as Mickey tries to buy South Park...maybe that'll be the plot for Season 23, alongside with Herbert Garrison tackling AOC, Omar, Talib, and Pressley and those four have the Canadian look!

I can't wait for Season 23!
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote