Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
ltm1997
Frequent Poster

Default Looking for the following episodes of The Cher Show

I'm looking for the following full, 1 hour episodes of Cher's 1975 CBS Series:

SHOW 4
Guests: Jack Albertson and Cloris Leachman
Airdate: 02 March 1975

1. Cher opens the show with "By Myself" and a monologue about being clumsy off-camera.
2. Cher sings and tap dances to "Do a Take" with Jack and Cloris.
3. Cloris recites a Shakespeare-like soliloquy, with simultaneous jive translations by Cher.
4. "Life With Laverne" -- Laverne (Cher) takes her car in for its 300,000-mile checkup and gets waited on by "Chico and the Man's" Ed Brown (Jack).
5. Cher performs a medley of "I've Got the Music In Me" and "Listen To the Music"
6. Jack and Cloris appear as man and wife in this blackout on Geritol commercials.
7. Cloris plays a wealthy eccentric whose annual dinner parties for former suitors are always unattended, with Jack cast as her butler who must cater to her every whim.
8. "Saturday Night" -- Cher tells about dating a Gemini with a split personality.
9. Cher sings "Am I Blue?"
10. Jack sings "The Man In My Little Girl's Life"
11. Cher closes the show.

SHOW 5
Guests: Freddie Prinze, The Pointer Sisters and Teri Garr
Airdate: 09 March 1975

1. Cher opens the show with "When You're Smiling" and a monologue in which she compares her TV show with a new baby.
2. Cher and Freddie camp it up in a song-and-dance routine.
3. "Life With Laverne" -- Laverne (Cher) is reunited with Olivia (Teri), her old friend from the launderette.
4. Mable the Fable Lady (Cher) interviews a present-day Cinderella and Prince Charming (Teri and Freddie).
5. The Pointer Sisters sing "Live Your Life Before You Die"
6. Cher appears as a clown in this comedy vignette about unhappiness.
7. "Girls" -- Cher and The Pointer Sisters introduce a series of comedy sketches about how woman are superior to men. In blackouts, Freddie plays Cher's ever-lying husband who promises he'll never lie again and a dissatisfied customer trying to exchange an electric blanket at the complaint department.
8. "Saturday Night" -- Cher describes another date with a "loser."
9. Cher sings "How Long Has This Been Going On?"
10. Cher and The Pointer Sisters perform a medley of songs from the swing era, including: "Chattanooga Choo Choo", "On the Sunny Side Of the Street", "Well, All Right", "I've Got a Gal In Kalamazoo" and "Opus One."

SHOW 14
Guests: Art Carney, The Hudson Brothers, Teri Garr and Chastity Bono
Airdate: 18 May 1975

1. Cher opens the show with "Great Balls Of Fire" and introduces a video clip her staff put together of questions asked by the studio audience throughout the season.
2. "Life With Laverne" -- Laverne (Cher) tells her old friend Olivia (Teri) her secrets on how she keeps husband Harry happy.
3. The Hudson Brothers perform "Rendezvous"
4. Cher and Art sing "My Blue Heaven"
5. Cher appears as a buxomly stewardess describing her airline's "extras".
6. Chastity makes a cameo appearance in a sketch about a little girl buying a balloon.
7. Art tries getting Cher to laugh during their brief intermission.
8. The Hudson Brothers appear as bill posters trying to put up a sign on the outside of an old theatre. Comedy blackouts include: "Flashback Theatre", in which Art plays the dentist credited with inventing dentures, and "Memories", with Cher appearing as Art's very forgetful wife.
9. Cher performs a medley of "My Sweet Lord" and "Oh, Happy Day"
10. Prosecutor Art gives witness Teri a trying time in the courtroom.
11. Teri attempts to return a shower package to Cher at the complaint department.
12. Cher sings "Hernando's Hideaway"
13. Cher closes the show.

SHOW 17
Guests: Wayne Rogers and Nancy Walker
Airdate: 21 September 1975

1. Cher opens the show with a medley of "Feeling Good" and "I Feel the Earth Move", followed by a monologue about the Family Hour and TV censorship.
2. Cher and Wayne portray two clowns who can't play their wedding ceremony straight.
3. Cher performs "Puppet Man"
4. Nancy is cast as a temporary hotline worker who gives advice to callers with problems.
5. Cher sings "Until It's Time For You To Go"
6. "People In the News" -- Cher and Wayne appear as a pair of scientists who are studying the effects of living underwater on human behavior.
7. Cher, Wayne and Nancy showcase their talents in this sketch about each other.
8. "The Corsican Sisters" -- Cher and Nancy play identical twins who've grown up learning to suffer with each other's aches and pains.
9. Wayne and Nancy join Cher in a musical finale saluting the all-American hamburger.
10. Cher closes the show.

SHOW 19
Guests: Mac Davis and LaBelle
Airdate: 05 October 1975

1. Cher opens the show with "Take Me Home, Country Roads" and a monologue about some of the letters printed in the TV section of the Sunday newspaper.
2. Mac sings "I Still Love You (You Still Love Me)"
3. Cher offers a glimpse of what a beauty contestant winner is like off-camera.
4. LaBelle sings "Messin' With My Mind"
5. Cher joins LaBelle for "Are You Lonely?"
6. "Life With Laverne" -- Laverne (Cher) is reunited with Larry, her equally tacky brother (played by Don Reo, the show's co-producer).
7. Cher sings "Five Hundred Miles"
8. Cher and Mac perform a medley of popular songs that Davis wrote, including: "Stop and Smell the Roses", "One Hell Of a Woman", "In the Ghetto", "Baby, Don't Get Hooked On Me" and "I Believe In Music."
9. Regular Gailard Sartain is featured in a comedy skit about the possible hazards that can occur in an ordinary home.
10. Cher performs a medley of The Rolling Stones' greatest hits, including: "It's Only Rock 'n Roll (But I Like It)", "Under My Thumb", "It's All Over Now", "Ruby Tuesday" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

SHOW 20
Guests: The Ike and Tina Turner Revue and Anthony Newley
Airdate: 12 October 1975

1. Cher opens the show with "There'll Be Some Changes Made" and a monologue about how bad she is at telling jokes.
2. Anthony sings "Quilp"
3. Cher joins Anthony for "Take a Little Dab Of Hope"
4. Cher appears in a commercial blackout about losing weight.
5. "Life With Laverne" -- Laverne (Cher) gets an interior decorator (Anthony) to help her with a complete makeover of her apartment.
6. Tina performs "River Deep, Mountain High"
7. Ike and Tina perform "Baby, Get It On"
8. Ike impresses Cher with his deep, philosophical thoughts.
9. A nouveau rich couple (Cher and Anthony) learn that their stolen car is being held for ransom.
10. Cher sings "You Turn Me On"
11. Cher and Tina perform "Country Side Of Life"
12. Anthony pitches a record album containing the bottom one hundred songs.
13. Anthony and Tina join Cher for a spirited salute to the old-time revival meetings. Featured songs in the medley include: "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show", "Resurrection Shuffle" and "Saved."
14. Cher closes the show, reprising "Saved" with Tina and Anthony.

SHOW 21
Guests: Ted Knight, The Smothers Brothers and Steve Martin
Airdate: 26 October 1975

1. Cher opens the show with a medley of "Stars" and "Keep the Customer Satisfied", followed by a monologue about Halloween.
2. Dick Smothers appears as a chain-gang prisoner being visited by his wife (Cher).
3. Ted tries finding a father at the Big Daddy Foundation.
4. Ted sings "I'm In Love With Barbara Walters"
5. "Saturday Night" -- Cher tells her dog, Tiger, about her date for the evening.
6. "Life With Laverne" -- Anchor man Ted Baxter from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" (Ted) appears on Laverne's (Cher's) doorstep.
7. Cher sings "If You Could Read My Mind"
8. Comedian Steve Martin delivers one of his standup comedy routines.
9. "Man vs. Machine" -- Regular Gailard Sartain appears in a skit showing the problems a person could have trying to get a cup of coffee from a vending machine.
10. The Smothers Brothers approach Cher with their idea for a new TV series, a variety show starring Howard Cosell.
11. Tom, Dick and Ted join Cher in the show's finale, a comic look at big-time crime.
12. Cher closes the show.

SHOW 29
Guests: Glen Campbell, Ruth Buzzi and Hal Linden
Airdate: 04 January 1976

1. Cher opens the show with a medley of "Georgia On My Mind" and "Sweet Georgia Brown", followed by a monologue in which she reminisces with Ruth about one of her early concert appearances.
2. "Trashy Ladies" -- Cher is featured in a series of comedy sketches based on Mae West and Scarlett O'Hara of "Gone With the Wind."
3. Cher and Glen perform a medley of Glen's greatest hits, including: "By the Time I Get To Phoenix", "Wichita Lineman", "Galveston" and "Gentle On My Mind."
4. Ruth recreates her role as a drunk searching trash cans for a discarded can of beer.
5. A man is accused of stealing sugar in a comedy blackout.
6. The entire cast plays the Flying Garbanzos, a zany group of trapeze artists.
7. "Life With Laverne" -- The ever-popular Laverne (Cher) tries to arrange a blind date for her frumpy friend, Gladys Ormphby (Ruth).
8. Glen sings "Country Boy (You Got Your Feet In L.A.)"
9. The entire cast takes part in a wacky television show that combines music, melodrama and comedy.
10. Cher closes the show with a video clip showing one of the bloopers she made during that week's taping.
ltm1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
ltm1997
Frequent Poster

still looking for these!
Old 08-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #3
ltm1997
Frequent Poster

I'm also looking for this full 1-hour episode as well of Cher:

SHOW 2
Guests: Wayne Rogers, Tatum O'Neal and Raquel Welch
Airdate: 16 February 1975

1. Tatum impersonates Cher at the start of the show, singing "Let Me Entertain You"
2. Cher opens the show with "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You" and a monologue about bugle beads.
3. "Girls" -- Cher and Tatum introduce a series of sketches about how women are superior to men. In comedy blackouts, a dissatisfied customer (Wayne) attempts to return a broken toaster to the hardhearted clerk working at the complaint department (Cher), and Tatum discusses divorce with her attorney (Wayne).
4. Cher and Wayne sing "Let Me Be There"
5. Tatum appears in a takeoff on the Catherine Deneuve commercials.
6. "Life With Laverne" -- Laverne (Cher) gets into a verbal battle with Raquel.
7. Cher appears during a brief commercial blackout singing "Nothing Can Stop Me Now"
8. Pitchwoman Donna Jean Brodine (Cher) promotes a new glue product called "Stick-It."
9. Cher performs a medley of "Long Train Runnin'" and "Love the One You're With"
10. Cher and Wayne are cast as the newly-married Sigmund Freuds on their wedding night.
11. Raquel joins Cher for a duet of "I'm a Woman"
12. "Saturday Night" -- Cher describes her disappointing date with a nineteen-year-old.
13. Cher and her guests are featured in a song and tap dancing finale to the tune of "Top Hat, White Tie and Tails"
14. Cher closes the show.