Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Dramas/Dramedies > The Good Fight

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-11-2019, 05:10 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Default Julianna Margulies wanted to reprise her Good Wife role on The Good Fight

https://deadline.com/2019/02/juliann...it-1202554262/

“Me and the Kings actually just recently had a call because they had this great idea,” Margulies told Deadline, referring to Good Wife and Good Fight creators Robert and Michelle King. “I said, ‘You know what? I would love to.’ But the deal didn’t happen.”
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:41 AM   #2
Chocolate Moose

If she did,I can't image what would happen ... she'd definitely outstage all the others !
Old 04-08-2019, 02:02 AM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Julianna Margulies on Why She Didn’t Reprise her "Good Wife" Role on "The Good Fight": “CBS Wouldn’t Pay Me
by Nellie Andreeva
April 7, 2019

In February, "The Good Wife" star Julianna Margulies revealed to Deadline that she almost reprised her role as Alicia Floreck on the current third season of the spin-off series "The Good Fight" on CBS All Access.

She said she “really wanted to do it” but “the deal didn’t happen.

The Emmy-winning actress is now opening up about the reasons the deal did not come together.

CBS wouldn’t pay me,” Margulies told Deadline on Sunday while attending The Contenders Emmys event to promote her new Nat Geo miniseries "The Hot Zone".

She had addressed the issue at the Series Mania festival in France last week where she was quoted as saying, “The showrunners had found a nice away to reintroduce my character, a story that was to span three episodes. I was really excited about the idea, but CBS refused to pay my (ask).

She elaborated to Deadline that she had not asked for more than her regular fee, which I hear was in line with what Margulies made on "The Good Wife". I hear what she was offered was a "Good Fight" guest star rate.

I’m not a guest star; I started the whole thing with The Good Wife,” Margulies told Deadline. “I wanted to be paid my worth and stand up for equal pay. If Jon Hamm came back for a Mad Men spin-off or Kiefer Sutherland wanted to do a 24 spin-off, they would be paid.

After the deal fell through, Margulies rules out a possible stint on future seasons of "The Good Fight", which she said she loves. She praised the quality of the storytelling and the cast, sharing her regret she would not be able to work again with Baranski and Cush Jumbo, her co-stars on "The Good Wife" and who are her friends.

She also said that she regrets she would not be bringing back Alicia for the fans who had been asking for the character’s return to "The Good Fight" ever since the spinoff was announced.

Margulies today echoed some comments she made last week in France. “To be perfectly honest, I was shocked. I was more surprised than hurt. I thought, what are you worth? If you are worthless, if you are not valued for your work, than what’s the point?

https://deadline.com/2019/04/juliann...ss-1202590243/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Julianna Margulies on turning down The Good Fight guest role: "I don't need the money," but I needed to take a stand

The Good Wife alum decided to call out CBS for paltry pay for a proposed Good Fight guest role because, "If not me, then who?" She tells E! News: "I don't need the money. That's not what it's about, that's not what it's about at all. I am so sick to death of women not being treated the same as men in our industry. And I am at a place in my career where that shouldn't ever happen. It's not that I want more than so-and-so, it's that I want equal. I'm not angry, I'm really not."

Julianna Margulies says CBS tried to blame her for not guest-starring on The Good Fight after revealing cameo dispute

Margulies says she wanted to be paid her The Good Wife per-episode salary (about $181,000) and not a guest-star salary for a three-episode appearance on the CBS All Access series. In a SiriusXM interview, Margulies says CBS tried to blame her after she making her Good Fight cameo dispute public. “I started talking about it and said I wanted to do it," she said, according to Vulture. "They were twisting it that I didn’t want to be on the show and that I didn’t think I was good enough. I watch the show; I love the show! But I’m not a guest star.” Asked if she'd return if CBS paid her Good Wife fee, Margulies said: “In a heartbeat, of course. I always would have.”

Last edited by TMC; 05-21-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:46 AM   #5
TMC
Forum Celebrity

CBS All Access on Julianna Margulies' Good Fight pay dispute: "It was just a deal that didn’t work out"

Julie McNamara, CBS All Access’ executive vice president for original content, addressed Margulies' claim that CBS wouldn't offer her regular pay for a Good Wife guest stint. “We love Julianna and there’s a long, great history (with her)," said McNamara. "We did want to bring her to guest on The Good Fight. There was a different (financial) expectation of what that meant, and it didn’t work out… It was just a deal that didn’t work out. I won’t go into the financial specifics of that.” McNamara did hint, without going into detail, that CBS All Access has “another project in development” with Margulies.