Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-16-2003, 10:22 PM   #16
iloveTV
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to iloveTV

Quote:
Originally posted by I Dream of Jeannie
JT, you don't understand the situation. It's not about her opinion, I don't care if someone doesn't like Deidre it's the fact that she said that JUST to get to me.
You seem a little paranoid and more than a little self centered.
iloveTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:29 PM   #17
I Dream of Jeannie
Undisputed..........

Location: Rebelling againist a group, defining a genre, and supporting Deidre -n- Drake and John and Marlena no matter what, and thanking Mr. Reilly for this magnificant storyline. Woohoo!! Life is good! Dee and Drake are bad. he he he

Quote:
Originally posted by iloveTV
Awww, thanks.

Die Hard J&M/DnD-er and Proud of It!

"As she gets more desperate and frightened, he
becomes her salvation, as she falls apart, he's right there. It's every child's fantasy and every woman's fantasy of a husband, where he is a knight in shining armor. And Drake is magnificent
at it. It's clean and it's pure and it's right there in front of you." ~ Deidre Hall

"John has always been her salvation. I'm not sure Marlena believes anyone can clear her, but if anyone can do it, it will be John." ~ Deidre Hall

"Yes, it does look really bleak right now (for John and Marlena). I know that, but as in any good fairy tale there's a lot of pain to get through in order to reach the end of a good or happy ending." ~ Ken Corday

Smile God Loves You
www.geocities.com/hazel_n_blue_4ever/index
I Dream of Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 10:56 PM   #18
Christopher
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by iloveTV

Jeannie didn't do anything. She just stood up for her favorite show and actress. Kind of what you did in the General Hospital thread against Brandon. Do you remember?
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2003, 08:39 AM   #19
iloveTV
Forum Regular

Yes, I remember defending GH. But what I said to Jeannie was that she was being paranoid. Maybe that person wasn't saying that they didn't like Days because of her. Maybe she had nothing to do with it. Gosh!
Old 07-21-2003, 09:31 PM   #20
britt britt
Catherine O'Hara

Send a message via ICQ to britt britt

I dont like Passions. I used to like it but it sucks now.
Destiny rules
That the spirits are ruthless
With the paths they choose
It's not being together
It's just following the rules
No one's a fool

britt britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 12:01 AM   #21
HIGH ENOUGH

Location: making out with Hilary Duff and Tara Reid at the same time.

I HATE GH!!! I wish it would go off the air. The only cute women on there is Skye and Carly (kinda) I don't think they have anybody my age on there!

-Brandon

"Damn you all!"
-Stewie

Family Guy returns Spring '05.

Tara Reid is hot!
HIGH ENOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 12:46 PM   #22
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally posted by ONE LIFE TO LIVE
I HATE GH!!! I wish it would go off the air. The only cute women on there is Skye and Carly (kinda) I don't think they have anybody my age on there!

-Brandon
Well you are entitled to your own opinon, but don't you think that not having "so-called" pretty girls is a pretty lame reason to want a show to get canceled?

And i guess it depends on your definiton of "cute" but i think "GH" has a very attractive cast. And btw, it seems to me like "GH" is OVER-saturated with young people and doesn't have enough older people on it, i mean where oh where is Bobbie, Tony, Monica, Alan, Audrey, Helena, Felicia and so on.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:58 PM   #23
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Passions. I'm sorry, but IMO, it is the sorriest excuse for a soap.
ClassicTV4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 07:05 PM   #24
Christopher
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicTV4Ever
Passions. I'm sorry, but IMO, it is the sorriest excuse for a soap.

That is how I feel about Port Charles. It has vampires, slayers and other stupid things. If you want to watch a show with vampires and slayers watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It is WAY better than Port Charles. The acting, the stories and the writers, everything is better than Port Charles. I just don't understand why Port Charles ripped off Dark Shadows, that is the original soap with vampires and other supernatural stories.

I agree about Passions, but I still like to watch it for Juliet Mills. She is hilarious as a 300 year old witch. JMO
Old 07-25-2003, 02:03 AM   #25
iloveTV
Forum Regular

All the women on GH are pretty! What show are you watching!? It's SO superficial to watch something only for that reason!
Old 07-27-2003, 12:06 AM   #26
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

At the present PASSIONS!!!!!!!!! That stupid show replaced a wonderful soap like Another World, what idiot did that?

Beverly Hills 90210 is highly overrated, Young and the Restless I can't stand much anymore, stories drag on like Passions do. General Hospital and OLTL suck right now, so I don't care for them much.
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 12:16 AM   #27
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
That is how I feel about Port Charles. It has vampires, slayers and other stupid things. If you want to watch a show with vampires and slayers watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It is WAY better than Port Charles. The acting, the stories and the writers, everything is better than Port Charles. I just don't understand why Port Charles ripped off Dark Shadows, that is the original soap with vampires and other supernatural stories.

I agree about Passions, but I still like to watch it for Juliet Mills. She is hilarious as a 300 year old witch. JMO
Oh I highly disagree, PC is nothing and I mean noting like Dark Shadows, have you ever watched PC, I find that people who bash it are the ones who have never watched it. I would never do that to a show I have never bothered to watch.

If it's such a rip off then why does it get praise from tv guide, soap mags(who are notorious for playing favs). This quote from last weeks tv guide: "Make no mistake PC is more exciting and innovative than ABC's other 3 soaps combined"-Michael Logan-July 19-25th TV Guide

PC is helluva lot more interesting than Passions, now that show is a waste of airspace. Zombies? Talking Dolls, no way would PC touch that with a ten foot pole.

Gh all about Mobsters and women punching and slapping each other. OLTL all about Jen the slut, who's trying to get a minister in training to leave his calling for her. Hmmm what should I choose from ABC? Let's not forget that OLTL was the Mitch Lawrence hour for almost Six months, GH was the Brenda Barrett/Vanessa Marcil hour for 4 months, now GH is the Sonny/Carly/Jason/Courtney hour aka the mobster hour, you wanna talk about ripping off, what do they think GH is the Sopranos? Hardly!

All My Children is the only soap of OLTL and GH that actually resembles what a soap should be about, it has balance, and great acting
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 04:55 PM   #28
KellyKapowski
*pineapple princess*
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to KellyKapowski

I despise Port Charles and I really can't stand OLTL.
Old 07-27-2003, 06:23 PM   #29
Christopher
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Topanga
have you ever watched PC, I find that people who bash it are the ones who have never watched it. I would never do that to a show I have never bothered to watch.

Yes I use to watch PC. I was really into it, I liked it. But then it got kind of lame after a few weeks and I couldn't stand it. I read an article about the girl who plays Lucy, she said her character is like Buffy, the whole show is going gothic, that is when I just decided to tune to Buffy and Dark Shadows for my gothic shows.

Quote:
"Make no mistake PC is more exciting and innovative than ABC's other 3 soaps combined"-Michael Logan-July 19-25th TV Guide

I still can't believe that guy said that. IMO AMC is really the best soap opera on right now.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:04 PM   #30
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Topanga
Young and the Restless I can't stand much anymore, stories drag on like Passions do.
Y&R storylines have always dragged on.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote