Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Unhappy Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters, Y&R) 1966-2019

Link

"Young and the Restless" star Kristoff St. John has died at age 52.

His attorney Mark Geragos confirmed the actor's death, saying in an email: "Sadly we can confirm."

Officer Rosario Cervantes, of the LAPD, said police responded to an incident yesterday in the San Fernando Valley area where a person was pronounced dead. She could not confirm the name of the deceased.

“We did respond yesterday at 2:05 p.m. on Morea Way for a possible alcohol overdose and that’s going to be a coroner's case,” Cervantes said.

USA TODAY has reached out to the medical examiner's office for more information.

St. John had played the character of Neil Winters since 1991 on the long-running CBS daytime soap opera.

The actor was nominated nine times for Daytime Emmy Awards, and he won 10 NAACP Image Awards.

He also had roles in the 1990s on a variety of sitcoms, including "Martin," "The Cosby Show," "Living Single" and "The Jamie Foxx Show."

St. John's son, Julian St. John, died of an apparent suicide in 2014 while in a mental health facility.

On Jan. 21, St. John retweeted a tweet about the loss of a child that reads: "Grieving the loss of a child is a process. It begins on the day your child passes, and ends the day the parent joins them."

He also responded to the tweet, writing: "Never a truer word was spoke. Thanks for posting this."

Grieving the loss of a child is a process. It begins on the day your child passes, and ends the day the parent joins them.

The actor took a leave of absence from "Y & R" in October 2017 to undergo psychiatric treatment after a reported scare with regards to his mental health, according to Entertainment Weekly.

"No parent should ever have to bury their child, and for those who do, it is a nightmare that haunts you forever," ex-wife Mia St. John said in a statement to Entertainment Tonight that month. "The death of our beloved son Julian, has taken a toll on both of us. He is an actor and while he may appear whole on the outside, his heart is broken. As a society we need to start taking mental health seriously and realize that no one is immune."

St. John was set to be wed, announcing in September that he was engaged to model Kseniya Mikhaleva. He posted a photo of the engagement ring with the caption “She said yes."

Actress Yvette Nicole Brown reacted to the news of his death Monday on social media, mourning her fellow actor friend.

"No!!! This news has truly broken my heart," Brown tweeted. "Kristoff was pure & so kind. I will never forget how wonderful he was to me and everyone else he came into contact with. He was just a good, good man."
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

I am in complete shock over this one. This is tragedy beyond comprehension right now.

I know he had been extremely broken since the death of his son but I had such high hopes for him.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
Steve_uk

I didn't know him but my condolences to his family and friends. There's a textbook definition of the grief processes by Swiss-American psychiatrist Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, though my hunch is he never got over the loss of his son, Julian. https://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:22 AM   #4
LaBestia
Crazy For Dax Shepard

When Mom and I used to watch The Young And The Restless together we always thought that Neil and Drusilla Winters were a terrific couple and Kristoff St. John was the perfect actor to play Neil Winters and when paired with actress Victoria Rowell who played Drusilla Winters they really made an awesome couple and when the characters Drusilla and Neil Winters got married on The Young And The Restless Mom and I saw the wedding episode and it was awesome. Then if my memory serves correctly Drusilla and Neil had a son and I believe the son was named Nate and he was cute. It's hard to believe that since Jeanne Cooper passed away that The Young And The Restless has lost a talented actor and it makes me think that CBS will no longer air The Young And The Restless due to loss of actors/actresses. I also think that The Young And The Restless will recast the role of Neil Winters with a different actor replacing Kristoff St. John and do a special episode with a message saying "IN MEMORY OF OUR DEAR FRIEND KRISTOFF ST. JOHN 1966-2019"
Bestie
Old 02-05-2019, 02:13 AM   #5
simmytbone

He was one of the Key Players on Y&R and he also starred in other shows like Charlie & Company and he even made appearances on variations of Family Feud and Soul Train

God Bless His Soul

R.I.P. Kristoff St. John, We'll Miss You Brother

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP
simmytbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
Ryan Chamberlain
Return Of The Silverburg 2018!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia View Post
When Mom and I used to watch The Young And The Restless together we always thought that Neil and Drusilla Winters were a terrific couple and Kristoff St. John was the perfect actor to play Neil Winters and when paired with actress Victoria Rowell who played Drusilla Winters they really made an awesome couple and when the characters Drusilla and Neil Winters got married on The Young And The Restless Mom and I saw the wedding episode and it was awesome. Then if my memory serves correctly Drusilla and Neil had a son and I believe the son was named Nate and he was cute. It's hard to believe that since Jeanne Cooper passed away that The Young And The Restless has lost a talented actor and it makes me think that CBS will no longer air The Young And The Restless due to loss of actors/actresses. I also think that The Young And The Restless will recast the role of Neil Winters with a different actor replacing Kristoff St. John and do a special episode with a message saying "IN MEMORY OF OUR DEAR FRIEND KRISTOFF ST. JOHN 1966-2019"
Bestie
Nate is actually Dru's nephew. He's Olivia's son. He's on there now as an adult and is very good looking.

Neil and Dru had a daughter together. Or, so Neil thought until he found out that she really belonged to Dru and his brother Malcolm. Scandalous!

I will miss KSJ greatly. Cried and reflected a lot yesterday. He seemed to be such a good guy according to everyone who had met him.

He couldn't find a way to move past his son's death. It ate him up from the inside out. It's so tragic what happened to both Julian and him. Both far too young.

Night Court, The Simpsons, Pre-Cartini General Hospital, Step By Step, Murphy Brown, Three's Company and Perfect Strangers fan forever!

"You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice" -Dana Carvey

You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone. <3

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018
Ryan Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:43 PM   #7
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Remember his Happy Days episode? ('Football Frolics')

Name:  46704865_370589080177324_5660086199896283924_n.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  93.5 KB
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:19 PM   #8
AB
Supernatural - Dean
Forum Celebrity

Such sad news, may he rest in peace.
Attached Images

AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:15 PM   #9
MA
Once Upon A Christmas
Forum Legend

Rest In Peace.

And many other guys too.

Netflix, please add Home Improvement

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #10
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Kristoff St. John’s last episode of The Young and the Restless will air Wednesday

CBS also announced that the daytime soap opera will air a special tribute to the late actor, who died recently at age 52, on Friday.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:55 AM   #11
LaBestia
Crazy For Dax Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Chamberlain View Post
Nate is actually Dru's nephew. He's Olivia's son. He's on there now as an adult and is very good looking.

Neil and Dru had a daughter together. Or, so Neil thought until he found out that she really belonged to Dru and his brother Malcolm. Scandalous!

I will miss KSJ greatly. Cried and reflected a lot yesterday. He seemed to be such a good guy according to everyone who had met him.

He couldn't find a way to move past his son's death. It ate him up from the inside out. It's so tragic what happened to both Julian and him. Both far too young.
Oh so Nate was Dru's nephew. Thank you very much for correcting me Ryan. Because when my mom and I would watch The Young And The Restless together we always thought Dru and Olivia were great sisters and Kristoff St. John's character always had a soft spot for Nate as an uncle. He was also the first actor I saw with the name Kristoff because I have always associated the name Kristoff with Disney's Frozen and I never knew that Y&R had an actor with the name Kristoff. Kristoff St. John also was a featured celebrity on the USA game show Grill Me which was a cooking game show in the 90's
Bestie
LaBestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:50 PM   #12
lakesgirl

Very, very sad. RIP Kristoff St. John
lakesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:19 PM   #13
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

i dont watch soaps but how did his charactor end
Old 02-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #14
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Veteran

Such devastating news. I know the cast over at Y&R are simply reeling over the loss of Kristoff...

Cast member Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) did a very emotional interview for Extra, talking about Kristoff's shock passing, and he broke down in tears...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgIh2XKI5Ag
80sTrivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:27 PM   #15
TMC
Forum Celebrity

How The Young and Restless said goodbye to Kristoff St. John on his final episode

Today's episode of the CBS soap opera ended with a dedication that read, "In memory of our dear friend Kristoff St. John."
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote