Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

227 links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / 227 Photo Gallery

227 - The Complete First Season

Buy 227 - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > 227

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Stars from Fan-Favorite Series Reunite on It's a Wonderful Lifetime; HGTV's A Very Brady Contest
FXX Comedy Archer Gets 11th Season; TBS Sets Date for Comedy Game Show with The Good Place Star
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Besides these two episodes, are there any other that has connection to Jeffersons?

Today I had on 227 as background sound and I heard the Jeffersons move on up theme playing and I thought it was my computer and then realized it was on 227. Mary and Lester was sitting on the soda while the Jeffersons was playing on the TV. Of course when I go to youtube the full episode is not on there

So besides Video Activity and The Big Deal which had Sherman Hemsley as a guest, is there any other episodes that has a indirect reference to the Jeffersons or a actor who guest starred who was a Jeffersons cast member?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
'80sSitcoms

Yup, there are two more "Jeffersons" cast member appearances!

Roxie Roker (Helen Willis) appears in one episode as Mary's best friend from her school days, and they have a fight scene where they air out some stuff they'd kept bottled up, lol.

And the guy who played Tom appears in one episode as a butler that Mary and Rose won in a contest.

I don't remember the "Jeffersons" playing on TV in Mary & Lester's apartment, that's neat.
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:12 PM   #3
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

I remember the scene with Mary and Lester watching The Jeffersons. I was kind of surprised that the studio audience didn't laugh.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by '80sSitcoms View Post
Yup, there are two more "Jeffersons" cast member appearances!

Roxie Roker (Helen Willis) appears in one episode as Mary's best friend from her school days, and they have a fight scene where they air out some stuff they'd kept bottled up, lol.

And the guy who played Tom appears in one episode as a butler that Mary and Rose won in a contest.

I don't remember the "Jeffersons" playing on TV in Mary & Lester's apartment, that's neat.

Mary even made a comment about the Jeffersons while it was playing and I didn't catch it which is why I went to youtube and couldn't find the entire episode
Old 03-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #5
'80sSitcoms

Here's the info for the other "Jeffersons" cast member episodes---they were just 3 episodes apart!:

Season 3 - Episode 21 - "The Butler Did It"

Mary and Rose win a raffle contest and their prize is a butler, Alfred (Franklin Cover), for a week. They both become quickly annoyed with his presence and "loan" him to Sandra. When it is time for him to go home, his boss (Brian George) comes over to the Jenkins and fires him. With nowhere to go, Alfred fakes a back ache and has the Jenkins waiting on him hand and foot. His boss later comes back and wants to take him back. He admits to Mary that it's only because it was in his father's will that he must continue to employ Alfred in order to receive money.

Season 3 - Episode 24 (season finale) - "Best Friends"

When Mary's high school friend (Roxie Roker) comes to visit, everyone is excited to meet her because she is a famous writer, psychologist, and romance adviser (like Dr. Ruth). Mary imagines what it would be like to be that famous and well liked. She begins to get jealous when Brenda tells her that she wants to be like Dr. Butler. She tells Lester how she feels and he admits that he thinks Thelma may be jealous of Mary and her stable life. Mary and Thelma get in an argument about who is jealous of whom and they bring up a lot of things that happened in the past. They wind up laughing about how silly they were acting and make up.

And interestingly, Sherman Hemsley's episode was just 3 episodes before Franklin Cover's!
Old 03-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Here's the info for the other "Jeffersons" cast member episodes---they were just 3 episodes apart!:

Season 3 - Episode 21 - "The Butler Did It"

Mary and Rose win a raffle contest and their prize is a butler, Alfred (Franklin Cover), for a week. They both become quickly annoyed with his presence and "loan" him to Sandra. When it is time for him to go home, his boss (Brian George) comes over to the Jenkins and fires him. With nowhere to go, Alfred fakes a back ache and has the Jenkins waiting on him hand and foot. His boss later comes back and wants to take him back. He admits to Mary that it's only because it was in his father's will that he must continue to employ Alfred in order to receive money.

Season 3 - Episode 24 (season finale) - "Best Friends"

When Mary's high school friend (Roxie Roker) comes to visit, everyone is excited to meet her because she is a famous writer, psychologist, and romance adviser (like Dr. Ruth). Mary imagines what it would be like to be that famous and well liked. She begins to get jealous when Brenda tells her that she wants to be like Dr. Butler. She tells Lester how she feels and he admits that he thinks Thelma may be jealous of Mary and her stable life. Mary and Thelma get in an argument about who is jealous of whom and they bring up a lot of things that happened in the past. They wind up laughing about how silly they were acting and make up.

And interestingly, Sherman Hemsley's episode was just 3 episodes before Franklin Cover's!

Isabel Sanford must have had some jealous toward Sherman and Marla having their own show because she never appeared on 227 or Amen but managed to make a guest appearance on Living Single and Fresh Prince
Old 03-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #7
DJM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan View Post
Isabel Sanford must have had some jealous toward Sherman and Marla having their own show because she never appeared on 227 or Amen but managed to make a guest appearance on Living Single and Fresh Prince
I've read nothing but bad things about her short-lived sitcom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr26W_OPnfc
DJM77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM77 View Post

The show looked awful
Old 03-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #9
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan View Post
Hmmm, that is interesting...
Old 03-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #10
'80sSitcoms

Quote:

Whoa! An '80s sitcom I've never heard of---I'd love to check it out! Great to see the opening. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-15-2019, 09:34 PM   #11
DJM77

Quote:
Whoa! An '80s sitcom I've never heard of---I'd love to check it out! Great to see the opening. Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome!
Old 03-15-2019, 09:39 PM   #12
DJM77

Earlier tonight I was watching "The Fight Of The Century" episode on Sony Crackle. Mary and Lester were having an argument when Brenda walked in and said, "What's all the yelling about, are you guys watching a rerun of The Jeffersons?"
Old 03-15-2019, 10:52 PM   #13
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Earlier tonight I was watching "The Fight Of The Century" episode on Sony Crackle. Mary and Lester were having an argument when Brenda walked in and said, "What's all the yelling about, are you guys watching a rerun of The Jeffersons?"
Just went to the sony crackle site and that episode is not coming up for me
Old 03-15-2019, 10:58 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Just seen it, thanks for the Note. Love indirect messages to my old favorite shows
Old 05-06-2019, 06:16 PM   #15
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:

Can we see an episode somewhere? If it was pretty bad then it's not ALL Isabel's fault. You need good producers, writers, & actors.

But honestly Isabel got quite out of shape towards the end of the Jeffersons and gained quite a bit of weight. She looks like she might've gained even more weight here! It's rare for an overweight woman to be a star on her own. Besides Roseanne who really did it?? You know how much looks matter in Hollywood!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote