Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Roseanne links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Roseanne Photo Gallery

Roseanne - The Complete First Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Roseanne

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-30-2018, 12:22 AM   #106
cfr1970
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
What do you, and anyone else who wants to answer, think of Wanda Sykes when she says in her comedy acts that you can watch on YouTube "**** you whitey" or makes fun of white people being parents to black kids? Wanda makes racist jokes a lot that I no longer support her. I think it's hypocritical she was the first person to get offensive over Roseanne's racist comment when she constantly makes fun of white people in her comedy acts. Do you or others support Wanda? If so, what makes her racist behavior different than Roseanne's? Is it because it's a minority bashing white and that somehow seems acceptable in this day in age? Personally, two wrongs don't make a right so I consider both Wanda and Roseanne wrong with their behaviors.

I don't watch The Gong Show, but I read that Ken Jeong was on there last year and told every contestant he wasn't giving them a fair score because they weren't Asian. Apparently Regina Hall got so offended by Ken's racist behavior she actually told one contestant if they were Asian, she would have marked them down to spite Ken's comments. Now why aren't people making a big deal out of Wanda or Ken's racist behavior? Better yet, why is ABC treating Ken with special treatment to still continue with The Gong Show unlike Roseanne with her show?

Let's discuss Jimmy Kimmel. Now remember when Ted Danson went blackface... some time ago (we don't need to identify how many years ago), he received so much backlash stating racism. Why does Jimmy get to do what Ted Danson did only in Jimmy's case he actually mimics black athletes in his comedy skit. Why isn't that considered racist? Why aren't people judging Wanda, Ken, and Jimmy harshly like Roseanne has encountered or Ted Danson during that time? I'm curious when this whole crap against Roseanne starts being fair and justified so that all celebrities regardless of political views are treated equally. This whole picking and choosing who to crucify creates double standards and division among people.
The answer is very simple....Roseanne was a Trump supporter so she had to go down. I don't believe this was a race thing at all, but a direct attack by the left to destroy one of their own for supporting what they despise most and they are getting more rabid every day about it.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:58 AM   #107
TMC
Forum Celebrity

R.I.P., ROSEANNE: A HISTORY OF SITCOMS WHOSE LEAD CHARACTER DIED
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:29 PM   #108
Impressions
She died the way she lived

Well, we knew she was gonna die. If she has no creative control, that means she can't ever come back, unless it's twisted of course if it's some kind of alternative/twisted reality like a good chunk of the original show was. It's very easy to have her die to since she was going in for knee surgery in the finale. I think we all know that's probably how she's gonna die.

I personally think a lot of people like those comedians you mentioned get away with racism because Hollywood is more forgiving of them and more likely to give them the benefit of the doubt because they're liberal. It's a sad reminder that media bias exists.

There's no doubt what Roseanne has done wrong, but I will agree with her and say she was directly targeted because she supports Trump. I found ABC hypocritical in many ways for their actions because they tolerated her views in the past but it just really shocked me when they cancelled the show for it. I don't think Roseanne meant it to be racist, but ABC just had to jump the gun even after she apologized. I mean, it's all done and over now but I think the show is going to carry on for quite a few seasons with this new spin-off.
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:09 AM   #109
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
What do you, and anyone else who wants to answer, think of Wanda Sykes when she says in her comedy acts that you can watch on YouTube "**** you whitey" or makes fun of white people being parents to black kids? Wanda makes racist jokes a lot that I no longer support her. I think it's hypocritical she was the first person to get offensive over Roseanne's racist comment when she constantly makes fun of white people in her comedy acts. Do you or others support Wanda? If so, what makes her racist behavior different than Roseanne's? Is it because it's a minority bashing white and that somehow seems acceptable in this day in age? Personally, two wrongs don't make a right so I consider both Wanda and Roseanne wrong with their behaviors.

I don't watch The Gong Show, but I read that Ken Jeong was on there last year and told every contestant he wasn't giving them a fair score because they weren't Asian. Apparently Regina Hall got so offended by Ken's racist behavior she actually told one contestant if they were Asian, she would have marked them down to spite Ken's comments. Now why aren't people making a big deal out of Wanda or Ken's racist behavior? Better yet, why is ABC treating Ken with special treatment to still continue with The Gong Show unlike Roseanne with her show?

Let's discuss Jimmy Kimmel. Now remember when Ted Danson went blackface... some time ago (we don't need to identify how many years ago), he received so much backlash stating racism. Why does Jimmy get to do what Ted Danson did only in Jimmy's case he actually mimics black athletes in his comedy skit. Why isn't that considered racist? Why aren't people judging Wanda, Ken, and Jimmy harshly like Roseanne has encountered or Ted Danson during that time? I'm curious when this whole crap against Roseanne starts being fair and justified so that all celebrities regardless of political views are treated equally. This whole picking and choosing who to crucify creates double standards and division among people.
I think if an entertainer offends you for whatever reason, you simply should not watch. You are expressing your opinion of them by not watching and/or patronizing them.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:14 PM   #110
Wavy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
The answer is very simple....Roseanne was a Trump supporter so she had to go down. I don't believe this was a race thing at all, but a direct attack by the left to destroy one of their own for supporting what they despise most and they are getting more rabid every day about it.
But, they knew she was a Trump supporter when they green lighted the reboot, right?
Wavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:13 PM   #111
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavy View Post
But, they knew she was a Trump supporter when they green lighted the reboot, right?
Yes, but they also knew her history and they knew she'd slip up and say something "offensive" causing her firing and Sara Gilbert to step up as the show's front runner.

I'm not interested at all in the re-reboot. The first reboot was bad enough. I'll just stick with the original series.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:27 AM   #112
Dude111

No one should support this garbage!!

What she said was NO WORSE than what samantha said about Donnys daughter!! (Just no one likes Donny so they dont care)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #113
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

I hate that the reboot was canned.....but ABC ASKED Roseanne to stay off of Twitter because they know her. She refused. Had she complied, she'd probably still have a show now.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:31 PM   #114
MA
Forum Legend

It’s premiering on October 16th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsnq_cbfIR8

And many other guys too.

Netflix, please add Home Improvement

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:40 AM   #115
Christopher
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
What she said was NO WORSE than what samantha said about Donnys daughter!! (Just no one likes Donny so they dont care)

And what Donald Trump Jr. did by jumping on the bandwagon with James Woods making that sexist comment about Chelsea Handler doesn't make what Samantha Bee did that much worse. If you want to crucify people for their actions, please be fair to crucify everyone that acts in that manner. Picking and choosing who to judge like the extremists are doing with Roseanne instead of the other celebrities that act in that manner doesn't make your case any stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post

I agree with you. If ABC is going to allow Jimmy, Wanda, and Ken to continue making money off their network even though they display far worse acts of racism, it comes down to politics. That's the only difference between them and Roseanne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong View Post
I think if an entertainer offends you for whatever reason, you simply should not watch. You are expressing your opinion of them by not watching and/or patronizing them.

I'm going further with not just the entertainer, but the network as well. I don't plan to watch anything on ABC, including The Connors. ABC allows other celebrities to be racist and don't make a big deal out of it. It's hypocritical to punish one person for behavior that 3 or more others are doing. Personally I think Roseanne should have sued ABC. There's evidence ABC allows Jimmy and Ken to continue with their work after being racist on the network. ABC doesn't mind them trying to divide people and cause hatred in the world. Roseanne's termination was not a justice action. It was a vendetta for her being a Trump supporter. If ABC really wants to get rid of racists, then a lot more celebrities would be out of a job on that network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television View Post
What she said was awful but I don't even think she's a racist.

I don't believe she is either. I think she's one of the many extremist in the world that takes politics and her opinions too seriously. She was trying to be funny but in the end her joke was racist and offensive. She could have described Valerie in any other term than the choice she picked. She did this to herself and while I'm glad some form of punishment was done, I wish it was like this for every celebrity who thinks they can spread hate and get away with it.

Last edited by Christopher; 09-02-2018 at 05:20 AM.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #116
MA
Forum Legend

The teaser for The Conners:

https://deadline.com/2018/08/the-con...rt-1202455669/
Old 09-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #117
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher
And what Donald Trump Jr. did by jumping on the bandwagon with James Woods making that sexist comment about Chelsea Handler doesn't make what Samantha Bee did that much worse. If you want to crucify people for their actions, please be fair to crucify everyone that acts in that manner. Picking and choosing who to judge like the extremists are doing with Roseanne instead of the other celebrities that act in that manner doesn't make your case any stronger.
I agree buddy!!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:30 AM   #118
MA
Forum Legend

Roseanne is planning on moving to Israel.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cid=spartanntp
Old 09-03-2018, 08:46 AM   #119
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
I agree with you. If ABC is going to allow Jimmy, Wanda, and Ken to continue making money off their network even though they display far worse acts of racism, it comes down to politics. That's the only difference between them and Roseanne.
Excellent point. And you are well within your rights to do so.
Dr. Thong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #120
MA
Forum Legend

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrit...b7Kz&ocid=iehp