Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Roseanne links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Roseanne Photo Gallery

Roseanne - The Complete First Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Second Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Third Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fourth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Fifth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Sixth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Seventh Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Eighth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Ninth Season (Mill Creek) on DVD
Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy Roseanne - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Roseanne

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Stars from Fan-Favorite Series Reunite on It's a Wonderful Lifetime; HGTV's A Very Brady Contest
FXX Comedy Archer Gets 11th Season; TBS Sets Date for Comedy Game Show with The Good Place Star
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #16
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

At this point I'm just over the reboot. A Roseanneless spinoff is a bad idea. Just leave it be and forget all this mess ever happened.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #17
MA
Forum Legend

Let's just all forget that the Roseanne reboot never even happened in the first place.

And many other guys too.

Netflix, please add Home Improvement

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #18
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBlue
I actually liked the supporting cast better than I like Roseanne.

Sara Gilbert and John Goodman would be a great job with a new show.

Hope ABC tries this idea!
I hope so, too. I wonder how Roseanne would be written off, though.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #19
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000
She'll die the same non-death Dan did in season 9.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:13 PM   #20
Mr. Television
16 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
At this point I'm just over the reboot. A Roseanneless spinoff is a bad idea. Just leave it be and forget all this mess ever happened.
I agree. They're trying to compare it to Valerie Harper and it's not the same thing. The Hogan family was just on the air for a year and a half when they killed her off and the show had just as much episodes if not more about the kids. Roseanne's comedy came from Roseanne and how she delt with her family. Not the same thing. Plus people have watched her in syndication for decades. There's a lot more history of show's flopping when they replace a major star than succeeding. I do agree that to have any chance John Goodman has to be involved in it. He's the best one of the supporting cast.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #21
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
She'll die the same non-death Dan did in season 9.
They'll probably just kill her, but they really should say the character was sent to a mental hospital for psychological help.
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:56 PM   #22
RetroGuy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
They'll probably just kill her, but they really should say the character was sent to a mental hospital for psychological help.

I think what they will actually do is have the show set in Darlene's new house/apartment, with Dan and Jackie coming over, with Roseanne not coming over, due to her recent knee surgery.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #23
Impressions
She died the way she lived

Does anyone find this idea stupid to give the show to Sara Gilbert? Sara Gilbert's acting skills are probably the weakest of all the actors, and yet they're going to have her be the main star, over Emmy awarding winner actress, Laurie Metcalfe, and Golden Globe winnng actor, John Goodman?
Impressions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:07 AM   #24
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Wanda Sykes won't return for a Roseanne-less Roseanne spinoff, says Barr turned into "crazy people"

“It’s crazy when you deal with people. They’re one way to your face and then on social media, they turn into crazy people,” Sykes told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday, in her first comments since tweeting she was quitting Roseanne as a consulting producer hours after Roseanne Barr's racist tweet. “They type in words and not realize there are faces on the other end of these things... The majority of stuff people write on Twitter they’d never do to someone’s face. For me, if I have something to say, I’ll say it to your face absolutely!” Barr has implied that Sykes' tweet led ABC to quickly cancel her show. “It wasn’t my tweet that put any pressure on ABC," said Sykes. "It was her Tweet! All I said was I wasn’t coming back.” While Sykes says Roseanne's cancelation was a "shame," she wouldn't be up for a potential spinoff without Barr. “I think I’m going to move on,” she said.

ABC is said to be optimistic about a Roseanne spinoff, but there are legal questions over Roseanne Barr's creative credit
ABC is trying to figure out if Barr would have a creative and ownership stake of a spinoff that doesn't include the character Roseanne Conner, explains Deadline's Nellie Andreeva. "If she was creator or co-creator of the mothership series, that is pretty unavoidable, but her specific credit could make it possible," says Andreeva. "The opening credits for the revival (which mirror those for the original series, read: Roseanne is created by Matt Williams, based on a character created by Roseanne Barr. If Williams is considered the sole creator of the series, with Barr only credited for originating the character that became Roseanne Conner, if a follow-up series does not feature Roseanne Conner, one could make an argument that Barr is not entitled to profits. However, things are not that simple — after all Roseanne, the series, exists because of the character created by Barr. The complexity of the issue explains the prolonged legal review and delayed pickup decision. The case has to be iron-clad as a new series without Barr would likely trigger a lawsuit by the comedian."

Report: Roseanne Barr may forego profits from potential Roseanne spinoff to allow it to proceed
ABC reportedly has been trying to figure out a way to proceed with the spinoff without Barr having a creative credit or ownership participation. ABC tried to settle the matter with Barr over the weekend, according to Deadline. Now Page Six is reporting that Barr is "seriously considering" dropping any connection to the potential spinoff. “Roseanne feels so bad about her antics she is trying to figure out a way to help people harmed by the cancellation," a source close to Barr tells Page Six. "She’s considering giving up financial and creative participation in a spinoff so the people she loves can have jobs. Barr holding on is a stumbling block.”

Last edited by TMC; 06-13-2018 at 04:53 AM.
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #25
janiesue
Frequent Poster

Guess they can kill Roseann off on her knee surgery
janiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #26
RetroGuy2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiesue
Guess they can kill Roseann off on her knee surgery
They could, but wouldn't that be somber first season?

Better just to not mention her, and have the action take place in another house, with Dan and Jackie coming over to the house regularly, with Roseanne presumably unable to come over, due to knee issues and recuperation.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:19 AM   #27
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Report: Roseanne Barr could soon sign an agreement cutting her off from a proposed Roseanne spinoff

It looks like ABC's demand that Barr have no creative or financial involvement in a Roseanne spinoff is about to be met. "I hear Barr is expected to sign an agreement that would remove her from the potential spinoff and prevent her from suing over it," reports Deadline's Nellie Andreeva. "Terms of the agreements are unclear but it may involve a one-time payment from production company Carsey-Werner to Barr in exchange of her relinquishing any rights so she won’t be entitled to any profits from the spinoff." She adds that ABC is likely to proceed with the spinoff once confirmation of Barr's non-involvement has been met. "I hear, barring any last-minute change of mind by Barr — which would not be completely out of character — her agreement is expected to be signed soon," says Andreeva, adding: "I hear ABC has seven days after that to make a decision on a pickup." Andreeva also reports that ABC is leaning toward using The Conners as the spinoff title, emphasizing the family and its connection with the Roseanne series. The title Darlene was also under consideration because of the focus on Sara Gilbert's character. Meanwhile, Roseanne Barr appeared ready to "move on" and possibly sign the agreement, judging by a tweet this morning. "I forgive everyone who hurt me," she tweeted. "I forgive as fast as I can everyday. That is why I am able to live free. I want the best for everyone-I want no more racism or anti semitism or classism. I want peace! Let's all move on & help FREEDOM!"
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:30 AM   #28
Edward216

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000 View Post

Like they always do with witches, they'll drop a house on her. LOL.

Ed.
Edward216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:02 AM   #29
Cobain
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impressions View Post
Does anyone find this idea stupid to give the show to Sara Gilbert? Sara Gilbert's acting skills are probably the weakest of all the actors, and yet they're going to have her be the main star, over Emmy awarding winner actress, Laurie Metcalfe, and Golden Globe winnng actor, John Goodman?
Them wanting to build the show around Sara Gilbert tells me they will make the show very political, which is mistake. The most amount of viewers they'll ever get will tune in for the first episode of "The Conners", so there's no reason to alienate viewers with political jokes.
Cobain is offline   Reply With Quote