Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All Other TV Shows Photo Gallery / Sketch Comedy/Variety/Talk Shows/Late Night TV Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-29-2001, 02:17 AM   #1
bb
Forum Regular

Question Jerry Springer & Maury Povich- does anybody watch them?

Does anybody watch these guys? Springer's show is worse now than ever. Jerry Springer must have the easiest show on tv, I bet he doesnt say more than 25 words on his show.

I am sure this has been discussed here before but do you think his guests are for real or not. I think its a mix bag. I just cant see a woman leaving her husband so she can have sex with a highway traffic cone or the mother and son "lovers". But after working for a few years in a bar and after seeing quite a few bar fights, some of them are not that much diiferent than the fights on Springer.

I am quite surprised his show is still going strong after his movie bombed and all the negative PR.

Maury is another one, everytime I come across his show its about teen girls.
Maury and a 15 year old girl..thats a gross thought !!!
bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 02:23 AM   #2
LucyFan
Still Loving Lucy!

I watch those shows every once in awhile. My favorite out of those two is "The Jerry Springer Show". I find 'Jerry Springer' somewhat funny because it is so pointless and interesting. Maury, on the other hand is different. His show is usually something about kids & teenagers. Other talk shows I watch once in a while are Sally Jessy Raphael and Ricki Lake. Lately, Ricki Lake has sure been looking pregnant on her show. Anyone notice?

LucyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 03:54 PM   #3
angel676

I watch both of them but I like the
Jerry Springer show alot better. I
also watch Jenny Jones.
angel676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 03:58 PM   #4
ClassicComedyFan2
Coolicious!
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to ClassicComedyFan2 Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicComedyFan2
Thumbs down

I saw Springer once and it was horrible. I'm talking bad! The show should be taken off the air before he gets Donahue hair As for the others, they're tamer, but I still very rarely watch them.

In fact, in my own sitcom fanfic series, Jerry Springer was a villain for several episodes.

My fanfic series can be found at: http://nav.to/headgopher4764 under Gopher's Gateway
ClassicComedyFan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 06:17 PM   #5
DarleneIllyria
Gone
Forum Veteran

I like Jerry too. Roflmao at your description of the having sex with a traffic cone. I don't know if they are really in situations like this, but it sure takes guts to get up there and say stuff like they are saying!!!
DarleneIllyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 09:14 PM   #6
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77
I use to watch Jerry Springer but I don't anymore. I got sick of it. It has become real obvious that the storylines are fake. It's a disgusting show anyways. I don't like it anymore. I only watch Maury Povich on the rare occasion that I'm at home when it comes on.
DJM77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 09:15 PM   #7
cp
Forum Regular

Id like to watch them get flushed down the toilet because thats where that crap belongs...
cp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 03:33 AM   #8
James

Quote:
Originally posted by cp:
Id like to watch them get flushed down the toilet because thats where that crap belongs...
I agree!!!
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 07:05 PM   #9
twinkle44301
Forum Regular

<<<<<<I just cant see a woman leaving her husband so she can have sex with a highway traffic cone or the mother and son "lovers".>>>>>>>>red I just cant see a woman leaving her husband so she can have sex with a highway traffic cone or the mother and son "lovers".

bb....LOL!!!!! The traffic cone thing is toooooo funny!

I think all of these shows need to be taken off the air. They are nothing more than trash-tv. The other day when I turned on the tv (I think it was Springer) one of these shows had a couple of women fighting over a man(and what a honey he was!! LOL). Anyway, one was supposedly his daughter, and she wanted to marry him. Talk about make my tummy do flip-flops! They have to be actors!

Hey, all these new gadgets are cool. I am trying to post in red.

OK...now why isn't my post all in red??
twinkle44301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:02 AM   #10
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Maury has been lowering the daytime TV bar for 25 years
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:00 PM   #11
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM77
I only watch Maury Povich on the rare occasion that I'm at home when it comes on.
This had to have been before every episode involved a paternity test. These days you'd have to pay me to watch that mess!
DJM77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #12
Nordy
Gilmore Guy and Proud of it!!

I still tune into Maury just to have that one girl who says "I'm 100% sure that this guy is the father. I slept with no one else" Maury says "You're not the father" I crack up every time. I rarely turn on Jerry anymore.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:15 AM   #13
AMackII

Lately, I Don't. Maury is extremely difficult to watch in recent years because of the DNA & Lie Detector Results episodes.
AMackII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:34 PM   #14
Ohio8
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ohio8 Send a message via Yahoo to Ohio8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb View Post
Does anybody watch these guys? Springer's show is worse now than ever. Jerry Springer must have the easiest show on tv, I bet he doesnt say more than 25 words on his show.

I am sure this has been discussed here before but do you think his guests are for real or not. I think its a mix bag. I just cant see a woman leaving her husband so she can have sex with a highway traffic cone or the mother and son "lovers". But after working for a few years in a bar and after seeing quite a few bar fights, some of them are not that much diiferent than the fights on Springer.

I am quite surprised his show is still going strong after his movie bombed and all the negative PR.

Maury is another one, everytime I come across his show its about teen girls.
Maury and a 15 year old girl..thats a gross thought !!!
NO! I never watch these shows.