Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Partridge Family links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Partridge Family Photo Gallery

The Partridge Family - The Complete First Season

Buy The Partridge Family - The Complete First Season on DVD
The Partridge Family - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Partridge Family - The Complete Second Season on DVD
The Partridge Family - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Partridge Family - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Partridge Family - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Partridge Family - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Partridge Family - The Complete Series

Buy The Partridge Family - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > The Partridge Family

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FXX Comedy Archer Gets 11th Season; TBS Sets Date for Comedy Game Show with The Good Place Star
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-16-2001, 03:45 AM   #1
pamy

Talking what the partridges are doing now

if they ever make a reunion show, what would the characters be like now 30 years later? tracy would be married, laurie would be a lawyer, keith would be a musician, shirley would be married to reuben, danny would be in rehab, and chris would be a doctor, and there would be simone of course.if they do make one i think cindy gibb should play laurie because there is no way susan dey would reprise her role, keith could be played by rick springfield, all the other castmates would do it again.
Old 09-03-2001, 12:44 PM   #2
smarti35

Although the Partridge Family is one of my all time favorite sit-coms and I subscribe to the video series, I am glad that a reunion show has not been made. The original is classic and I believe should stay that way, why cheapen it in any way. Some of the music is now out on CD and that is awesome-I listen to it all the time! As for David, he has done so much in his career, he looks greats, sounds fabulous and if you want to see him, he is on tour and you should try to catch one of his concerts. He pays loving homage to his PF days in his set list but also does many of his own hits as well! He is the best live performer I have ever seen!

Stephanie
Old 01-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #3
um
Forum Regular

This is really an old thread. But it would be fun thinking up what the characters went on to do.
I once read a certain comment on YouTube , regarding one of the Partridge Family episode clips that are on YouTube. The person posted saying that if we were to imagine what the individual members of the Partridge Family went on to do, then Chris and Tracy would have ended up in an orphanage because the rest of the family thought they had nothing to contribute to the band.
I can't recall what was posted about the rest of the family but I think that it was predictable that Danny ended up in jail or as a crooked businessman.

I would say another possibility is that all the Partridges quit music altogether. Mom could no longer continue to travel with the band and perform with them. Tracy and Chris were getting older too and had to concentrate on school and the band would not likely get that much more successful than they were and they had to pursue more practical things such as their education. Chris eventually became more interested in baseball . Tracy just did nothing significant but marry and stay at home. Laurie went into politics but gave it up when she got married. Danny wet on to work in a used-guitar store. Keith decided to drop out and join a commune.

I do agree that a reunion show like what was done with the Brady Bunch several times over, would have been disastrous.

Actually it would be interesting and fun to imagine what a lot of other characters from other shows went on to do. With some sitcoms that had been on the air a long time and the characters, especially teen and younger characters, grew up or older, like in One Day At A Time, the show very much just had the characters change and their personal situations change until the final episode where Ann Romano was last seen going to another country because her job moved there, and one of her daughters was married and had a child and was living a domestic life and one new child ( a teenager actually) had moved into the household and stayed a while but then moved out.

Maybe I ought to start another thread or discussion about thinking up ways how sitcom characters or other TV characters went on to live their lives after their TV show was no longer on the air and it is anyone's guess what happened with their lives, such as Gilligan's island. (Actually there was a TV show with the entire cast or most of the cast) that depicted the castaways as having had been rescued and going on to live in the civilized world again.
um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Location: Living in the depths of mourning over the loss of Grumpy Cat, though rejoicing our idol is now in a place of happiness.
Cool

Danny Bonaduce is on Seattle classic rock radio station KZOK 102.5 FM, hosting a morning radio program, 'The Danny Bonaduce And Sarah Morning Show', with a co-hostess named Sarah (I don't recall her last name). They talk about news and sports and other goings-on in entertainment and take call-ins as well as radio contests.

I'm listening to this program every morning at work.

Last edited by ABlairican Pie; 06-29-2019 at 07:39 PM.
ABlairican Pie is offline   Reply With Quote