Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

227 links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / 227 Photo Gallery

227 - The Complete First Season

Buy 227 - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > 227

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane
WarnerMedia Announces HBO Max for 2020 with Friends, Fresh Prince & More; IMDb Gets First Scripted Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-12-2006, 12:44 AM   #46
Brieannas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkPink1985
As much as I loved the character of Sandra Clark, this show was sooo stupid. Boring concept, Jackee's ego was just too damn big. She must have thought that people would watch her in anything(have anyone seen her T.V movie in which she plays identical twins, one was an agent and the other was a waitress? it premiered in '89 and can be shown from time to time on tvone long story short, that sucked major ass)

I have A Ebony magazine where she did an interview about how depressed she got when she was on 227. Also in another interview she did she said that she regreted going off and doing Jackee because of her ego and she saw how much Marla meant to her.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:42 AM   #47
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Location: Drinking Margaritas With The L Word Ladies at The Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
I have A Ebony magazine where she did an interview about how depressed she got when she was on 227. Also in another interview she did she said that she regreted going off and doing Jackee because of her ego and she saw how much Marla meant to her.
Aww!!!!! Wow, I didn't know she was depressed, mmaybe that's why she broke down in tears on one episode of Celebrity Fit Club. I was taken aback, I couldn't believe that she was breaking down like that. I felt bad for her...

I got love for her but her ego was just too much.
JuicyCoutureGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:47 AM   #48
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Her best perfomance(besides Sandra Clark of course!) is The Women of Brewster Place. I strongly suggest you all check it out. It premiered in 1989 to huge ratings(Paul Winfred a.ka. Julian C. Barlow is in there along with Oprah, Lonette McKee, Robin 'golddigger' Givens, and Lynn Whitfield is also in there including they guy who played Brandy's father on Moesha)
Old 08-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #49
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
What year is that Ebony Mag from?
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #50
TALLguyinKY

Quote:
Her best perfomance(besides Sandra Clark of course!) is The Women of Brewster Place.
You sure you don't mean Lisa Landry in "Sister Sister"?

<---loves Jackee in "227" and "Sister Sister"
TALLguyinKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #51
JuicyCoutureGirl
L Hath No Fury
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALLguyinKY
You sure you don't mean Lisa Landry in "Sister Sister"?

<---loves Jackee in "227" and "Sister Sister"
Her and Tim Reid were the funniest on the show. I couldn't really get into the show, Tia and Tamera were too corny and too fake for me especially when someone put the idea in their heads that they weren't black enough so they totally changed into fake ghetto girls.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:26 PM   #52
Brieannas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
What year is that Ebony Mag from?
1980 something it has a pic of her shopping in it. I have one about The Cosby Show also. My aunt gave me all of her Ebony and Essence Mags she had most are of the 80's and early 90's.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #53
Dwaynew
Frequent Poster

Quote:
As much as I loved the character of Sandra Clark, this show was sooo stupid. Boring concept, Jackee's ego was just too da*n big. She must have thought that people would watch her in anything(have anyone seen her T.V movie in which she plays identical twins, one was an agent and the other was a waitress? it premiered in '89 and can be shown from time to time on tvone long story short, that sucked major a*s)
Yes, Jackee's ego was too big. She had an excellent role on 227. She stated once that the cast of 227 was too big and she wanted more air time.

Given that her character made excellent entrances and exits we didn't need to see her for 20 minutes during the show.

I remember 'Double your Trouble' with Jackee---and enjoyed this movie.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #54
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

In all Honesty "JACKEE" was the HIGHLIGHT of this show
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:00 AM   #55
TMC
Forum Celebrity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F29XNSKdWKU

Somebody in the comment section for this YouTube video posted the theory that putting Jackée's Sandra Clarke character in a show w/ a predominately white cast wasn't going to work. Basically, the commentator's logic or rationale was that while Jackée during the peak of 227, had a huge following within the black community, the general public more than likely didn't know who she was. In effect, Jackée was a victim if you want to call that, of "pop-culture isolation".

Last edited by TMC; 04-19-2019 at 04:33 AM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote