Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Punky Brewster links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Punky Brewster Photo Gallery

Punky Brewster - Season One

Buy Punky Brewster - Season One on DVD
Punky Brewster - Season Two

Buy Punky Brewster - Season Two on DVD
Punky Brewster - Season Three

Buy Punky Brewster - Season Three on DVD
Punky Brewster - Season Four

Buy Punky Brewster - Season Four on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Punky Brewster

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
88survivor

Default The ending to Punky Brewster--season finale of the 4th Season.

Did anybody liked it? All I remember is Brandon gets married and there is a flashback of all the cast members, but that is about it. Does anybody think it should have end differently or was it just find the way they left it? Just curious to know what everyone thought of the ending itself.
88survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
Brieannas21

It was just AWFUL, I don't know if they didn't know that it was going to be their series finale or what. But it ended as if they thought that they were coming back for a 5th season.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:17 AM   #3
88survivor

Who knows? I only have seasons 1 & 2...can't wait for 3 and 4. I'll see how different the syndicated episodes are. I kind of remember them, but I remember the NBC episodes more than the syndicated ones. The syndicated ones I did watch on rerun days, but that was in '94 and during their original run so I would have to see if the finale is just as I remembered when I was five then.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:23 AM   #4
robby76
Forum Regular

I'm a number one Punky fan but have seen ZERO syndicated episodes... not even in reruns! Seasons 1 and 2 are what I grew up with.

The finale does seem a bit odd. In fact I'm hoping that I love Seasons 3 and 4 cos a lot changed... it wasn't the early 80s anymore, the cast changed slightly and Punky grew up. I'm sure I'll love it though!
Old 04-19-2006, 01:28 AM   #5
88survivor

Well, we have to wait and see if it is what I remembered from during the rerun days and its original run. I say I kind of remember that Brandon got married and there was this flashback sort of take on it with the other cast members. That is the way it ended, I think.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:38 AM   #6
88survivor

Seems like only two of us remember it, but I like to hear the one that remember the most and what you thought of it in general. Review it, please and some spoilers are necessary.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
88survivor

Oh, well. I'll see if my memory is correct once they release 3 and 4.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:46 PM   #8
caligirl
Occasional Poster

I don't think I never saw that one.... I grew up watching the show but didn't watch all the episodes so I was really happy when the DVDs came out. Now I'm just waiting for Season 4!!! There is this place who sells it but they only sell it as a set (all 4 seasons) for $120 I think
caligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:10 AM   #9
Storywriter
Tcha! You Know What.

I vaguely remember but if I see the episode than I will start remembering watching them when I was little like I did watching the first 3 season eppy's.If anything the way it should have ended was Punky graduating High School or something.

Proud Adult Disney channel and Nickelodeon fan in her 30's
Storywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #10
TMC
Forum Celebrity

They should've ended the show with Punky's parents coming back into the picture in order to provide some proper closure.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #11
Corkys-Place
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
Forum Regular

Like the above poster's I only saw Seasons 1 & 2 (Seasons 3 and 4 didn't air in Australia...full stop, not even on Pay TV, Syndication etc) They should've brought back Punky's Mother in the final Episodes to explain why she abandoned her Child at a Shopping Mall. It would've been good to see Punky's Story come full circle.

Last edited by Corkys-Place; 09-18-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Corkys-Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #12
Wildchats
Me
Forum Regular

I don't even remember this episode, and I used to watch PB all the time in the late 80s and early 1990s on WBSK channel 38 in re-reuns and then on that same channel in 1996 on re-runs. I never recalled Brandon getting married.

However, I did watch it finally on DVD a few years back.

I think they knew it was a series finale. The show got 2 years on NBC, then in 1986, I think they went into Syndication until 1988 and they knew just how many episodes they were making.

The last episode, even the last shot was pretty much a send-off, everyone posing in the wedding photo.

Yes, dumbest series finale ever.

They should have had Punky's mom come back in the last show and she moves into the building so Punky can be close to Henry still.
Wildchats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:04 AM   #13
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Why did Punky Brewster end after only four seasons (two on NBC and two in first-run syndication). Was it because the producers didn't know where to take the series (even though Punky Brewster often dealt w/ very serious issues, it was still more or less, primarily a kids' show) as Soleil Moon Frye was getting older? I think that it only has about 88 episodes, which really isn't a desirable enough of a number for a daily, stripped syndication (if I'm not mistaken, the first-run syndicated episodes were originally broadcast five days a week) package.

Last edited by TMC; 02-03-2015 at 08:08 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote