Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: A Look at the Party of Five Reboot; The Simpsons Not Ending Soon, Says Producer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #46
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
While I have no sympathy for Adam Emery whatsoever, I do not think he was an evil person. Obviously, I don't think he intended on killing Jason Bass that night, but then again, he was the one who went for his knife, and he was the one who made the decision to leap onto Jason Bass's car. All he had to do was confront Jason Bass, and see that there was no damage to his car to know for sure that he wasn't the one who hit his car. I blame Elena equally for what happened that night.
Exactly. I can understand being angry at someone you think has sideswiped your car. I can understand you confronting that person in a heated manner. But I cannot understand anger rendering you an irrational, homicidal maniac and THEN not even bothering to feel or at least express any sorrow over the fact that you ended a life, and THEN ON TOP OF THAT lying through your teeth about having to "defend" yourself.

I too blame Elena equally.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #47
TheCafeDisco
Frequent Poster

It may very well be an actual double suicide but these people are starting to seem not only cold but cocky, not at all sorry for killing an innocent man. I'm thinking he was too cocky and self obsessed to kill himself.
TheCafeDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #48
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCafeDisco
It may very well be an actual double suicide but these people are starting to seem not only cold but cocky, not at all sorry for killing an innocent man. I'm thinking he was too cocky and self obsessed to kill himself.
I tend to think so, too. Notice there was no significant emotion about the whole thing until Adam was convicted in either of those two. In fact, I remember reading in an article once that both the Emerys were actually shocked that Adam was found guilty. It seems they thought they were just that slick. I can't readily see someone apparently believing he's going to get off on a second degree murder charge absolutely scot-free just up and throw in the towel by doing something as drastic as taking his own life. I see that kind of person continuing to play squirrel in an attempt to wriggle out of his circumstances.

On the other hand, the murder of Jason Bass clearly illustrates Adam might have had a problem with impulse control. Sometimes people with similar problems do follow through on suicides, but again, I think I'm with you on it: by all accounts, he seemed awfully focused on self preservation, and appeared absolutely certain he was going to come out of that trial unscathed.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #49
TheCafeDisco
Frequent Poster

Do we happen to know if Adam was intoxicated or not? I don't remember if the segment saying so or not but I do remember in the reenactment that he was drinking what appeared to be a bottle of beer before he sped of and killed Jason. If so, it may not have been an impulse control problem as much as he was drunk.
TheCafeDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #50
tamanshud
Frequent Poster

Did they have more than one person analyze the conversation, I wonder? Or even previous conversations between the two.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:11 AM   #51
wiseguy182

Quote:
While I have no sympathy for Adam Emery whatsoever, I do not think he was an evil person.
Actually, a person that kills another human being is the very definition of evil 99% of the time. The fact that he killed an innocent person that posed absolutely no harm to him makes him particularly evil. While Elena's actions were atrocious, he was under no obligation to do what she said.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:32 AM   #52
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Actually, a person that kills another human being is the very definition of evil 99% of the time. The fact that he killed an innocent person that posed absolutely no harm to him makes him particularly evil. While Elena's actions were atrocious, he was under no obligation to do what she said.
I have to disagree about the 99% number. Wars, self defense, etc. all result in killings that do not make people "evil". I don't think he obviously intended on murdering anyone that night, but in his rage he stabbed Jason Bass. I read an article that says that Adam yelled for a neighbor to get water (after he stabbed him), and didn't flee the scene.

And, as others have stated, if Adam and Elena were inseparable, that makes the thought that they both committed suicide that much more likely, IMO.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #53
nikkispence1989
Podcast and calories
Frequent Poster

I did say 'strangely romantic' its not exactly a love story! Its similar to Bonnie and Clyde are classed as a romantic couple who also killed many innocent people. The fact that Ellena stuck by her husband and died by his side rather than live without him is what I find romantic.

I think he was most likely drunk when he committed the murder and his wife most likely would have been when she was egging him on. Don't get me wrong it is awful what he's done and I feel nothing but sorrow for Jason and his family. Although from the stuff I've read he didn't have any previous convictions? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

I don't think he was an evil guy and the comment that 99% of killers are evil? that's obviously your opinion and clearly not fact!
Old 06-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #54
wiseguy182

if he was drunk then he no business behind the wheel of a car.

And pardon me if I don't give Adam an award for asking for water for Jason. *After he stabbed him*
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:33 AM   #55
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkispence1989
Although from the stuff I've read he didn't have any previous convictions? Correct me if I'm wrong here.
No, you're correct. Adam Emery had no previous convictions prior to this.

Quote:
I don't think he was an evil guy
I don't think he was evil, either. I don't think the very vast majority of people are so choked by evil that they may qualify as evil themselves. However, the guy clearly had some huge issues that ending up surfacing in the worst possible way. I've never been able to shake the fact that he showed zero remorse for what he did.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:41 AM   #56
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
if he was drunk then he no business behind the wheel of a car.

And pardon me if I don't give Adam an award for asking for water for Jason. *After he stabbed him*
Yeah. I don't know why dude seems to get a pass for either of those things. Especially in light of the fact that people like unassuming Arnold Archambeau can get behind the wheel of a vehicle inebriated and everyone seems to lose their minds on the board, yet it seems to be presented as some kind of semi-valid excuse for homicidal behavior in Adam Emery's case.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #57
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Make no mistake about it: Adam Emery murdered an innocent man. It wasn't a cold blooded killing, IMO. I don't think anyone here is giving any sort of sympathy towards Adam Emery, they just don't think he's an evil guy. Michael Scott Martin gets universal pass from everyone on here for firing a gun towards several people (while intoxicated). Sure no one was hurt, but that was still a pretty stupid thing to do.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:46 AM   #58
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Michael Scott Martin gets universal pass from everyone on here for firing a gun towards several people (while intoxicated). Sure no one was hurt, but that was still a pretty stupid thing to do.
The difference is that MSM owned up to the grocery store incident. Adam Emery kept on with a BS self-defense claim when he in fact ran down a fleeing Jason Bass to stab him through the heart until the day he disappeared.

From this archived article http://www.people.com/people/archive...107359,00.html:

At his trial, Emery claimed he had been acting in self-defense. "I told them, 'Stop the car or I'm going to stab you,' " he testified. "They didn't heed my warning."

Yeah. It's not self-defense when you've actively jumped onto someone's car and are hanging off the side wielding a knife at the driver.

Relatives of the Emerys even argued Jason was to blame for his own death. "He was trying to have fun with Adam," says Elena's brother, Domenic DiRocco, 26, a nightclub bouncer. "Adam was the real victim."

For the grieving Bass family, the trauma is only deepened by such attacks. "It hurts so bad," says Jason's brother, Ray Bass, 34, a former security guard who was hospitalized for nervous exhaustion for a month after the murder. "Nobody ever came to our family and said they were sorry."

Sounds like the whole lot was a company of sweethearts.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #59
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
The difference is that MSM owned up to the grocery store incident. Adam Emery kept on with a BS self-defense claim when he in fact ran down a fleeing Jason Bass to stab him through the heart until the day he disappeared.
Fair enough.

I don't sympathize with anyone but Jason Bass and his friends and family. But I do think both Adam and Elena are dead, both having committed suicide together.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #60
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
I don't sympathize with anyone but Jason Bass and his friends and family.
I know. I never thought otherwise.

Quote:
But I do think both Adam and Elena are dead, both having committed suicide together.
I think that's probably what I tend toward myself, although I have to admit I wouldn't be particularly shocked if Adam was coughed up alive somewhere someday.