Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 16, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Max Developing Comedy Series Based Upon Vacation Films; Beverly Hillbillies Mansion Sells for $150 Million
Fri-Yay: Hope for Sitcoms of the 2020s; Good Times Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience
All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering Ren Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #46
Mastermind

Quote:
Did Dixon and the sheriff have any interaction prior to this murder?

Probably, it's a small town, whether it's a significant enough connection is the question.

I have always championed the theory that Don Dixon paid sheriffs deputies to kill Eric and that the Sheriff either was part of the arrangement or wanted to protect his deputies.

I find it interesting that the two top suspects in this case were the only parties privy to burning of the bed. And both of them had no problem or objections in doing so.

I could easily see a situation where the Sheriff shook down Don Dixon at the murder scene and told him that he knew he had Eric killed and told him to pay him or he would be convicted. Don Dixon agreeing to this arrangement helped out by burning the bed with the trace evidence.

I just don;t see Don Dixon as having the guts or the guile to pull off a crime like this. He's the type of person that would have paid someone else to do it.

The fact that they killer waited for Eric's girlfriend to leave the house before killing him tells me it was a professional hit.

I don;t buy the Sheriff's wife theory, because there is no trail of suspicion to that. There was no suspicious car stops on Eric. No angry telephone calls or anything like that. There's no sign of harassment prior to the murder.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:27 PM   #47
Mastermind

I watched thi segment again.

I noticed that during Sheriff Wamplers interview, he slips and says "I had nothing to do with the "deaths.." Then he corrects himself and says the "death of Eric Tamiyasu, ..no" He seems to smile somewhat nervously and shake his head.

It probably is nothing, but I found that interesting that he thought of "deaths" in the plural rather than in the singular.

Makes me wonder if this was a slip?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #48
Zlatko
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
I watched thi segment again.

I noticed that during Sheriff Wamplers interview, he slips and says "I had nothing to do with the "deaths.." Then he corrects himself and says the "death of Eric Tamiyasu, ..no" He seems to smile somewhat nervously and shake his head.

It probably is nothing, but I found that interesting that he thought of "deaths" in the plural rather than in the singular.

Makes me wonder if this was a slip?
I noticed that as well. Maybe it's some sort of cover up?

Tamiyasu's friend Eric Smith was the only one who seemed normal out of the three suspects. IMO, the strangest comment was by Dixon about how "everyone one is suspect, but my wife, and I."

One interesting thing I noticed is how Don Dixon tries to come off as being Tamiyasu's best friend. I'd like to hear what Tamiyasu's other friends, and sister have to say about how close Dixon was to Tamiyasu. Smith already said that Dixon was some guy who sold gas to Tamiyasu, hardly a 'friend.'
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #49
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

I finally had the chance to watch this segment recently.

Don Dixon is guilty as hell. I don't know if the sheriff is involved, too, or if he's just that stupid, to burn the best evidence in the whole crime scene.

But Don did it, with or without help.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #50
Mastermind

Quote:
But Don did it, with or without help
I tend to lean toward it being a professional hit, with Don Dixon being the beneficiary.

This is based on the concept that the killers waited until Eric;s girlfriend left before attacking.

Three shots to the head is also standard hitman practice as well.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #51
Zlatko
Forum Regular

There's more clues that convinces me that Don Dixon killed Tamiyasu. Let us assume Eric Tamiyasu would probably be uneasy since there was a prowler around his house. What would be the logical thing to do if you think someone could break in? You would lock all the doors in the house. However, UM mentioned that Tamiyasu gave Dixon a key to the backdoor. In other words, Dixon could have entered the house with ease, and killed Tamiyasu.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #52
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
I finally had the chance to watch this segment recently.

Don Dixon is guilty as hell. I don't know if the sheriff is involved, too, or if he's just that stupid, to burn the best evidence in the whole crime scene.

But Don did it, with or without help.
I completely and totally agree. That man is the guiltiest individual in the history of UM.

I've said it multiple times and I'll say it again: There's no reason for you to "hope" an odor is coming from the garbage, unless you A) are able to recognize, distinctly, the smell of a decaying body from direct experience, or B) you killed your friend and made up some BS story. I never liked the way he worded that and it's suspicious as hell.

And how could a man who allegedly "said a prayer" over his dead friend's body suddenly lose the overwhelming calm and control it would take to do so, and become screaming and hysterical on the phone with the deceased's sister?

"It wasn't a suicide"?!? Give it up, Dixon.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #53
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Yeah, can you even imagine that whole "discovering of the body" scenario?

Here's poor Don, who's just discovered his best pal in the whole world, dead in bed, rotting for days, stinking, gooey, and probably more disgusting of a sight than any person outside a coronor's office has ever witnessed...

Yet calm, collected Don realized that this is a solemn and reverent time. And in that room of stench, blood, and dripping body fluids, he takes time to say a prayer over the horrifically decomposing body of his friend.

And only after that holy ritual does he call the family.

BS! Is that what YOU or I would do upon discovering the body of a dear friend in such nightmarish circumstances?

Heck no! First, we'd probably vomit. Then we'd run out of the house and call the cops at another location to get away from the stench of death and swarming flies that are remininding us that there's the dead rotting body of our friend upstairs.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #54
synthisislab
Forum Regular

Yes, Don Dixon is another one that I'd classify as guilty as sin. None of the stuff he supposedly did or the stuff he said in the UM interview made any sense. If the police had any skills at all, they would have turned the screws on that guy and he'd sing like a canary.
synthisislab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #55
Mastermind

Quote:
Yes, Don Dixon is another one that I'd classify as guilty as sin. None of the stuff he supposedly did or the stuff he said in the UM interview made any sense. If the police had any skills at all, they would have turned the screws on that guy and he'd sing like a canary.
Therein lies the problem. The police investigating this case is Sheriff Wamplers dept. If there was any evidence it was on that bed that he conveniently destroyed.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #56
Mastermind

Quote:
Therein lies the problem. The police investigating this case is Sheriff Wamplers dept. If there was any evidence it was on that bed that he conveniently destroyed.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #57
Mastermind

Quote:
Old 03-26-2009, 02:10 PM   #58
synthisislab
Forum Regular

Yep, even if they had the smoking gun linking Dixon with the murder, they'd be torn to shreds by any attorney representing Dixon because of the tainting of the evidence. So it looks like the only way this one will be solved is if Wampler and his buddies in the department all retired and a noob (with no connection to Wampler or his buddies) came in and re-investigated.
synthisislab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #59
StackTime
The primer is grey
Frequent Poster

Each time I watch this segment, Don Dixon seems more and more like a weird, obsessed wannabe friend who committed the murder....he and Larry Gibson might compete for a UM "worst acting" award
StackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #60
CityofEvil
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko

One interesting thing I noticed is how Don Dixon tries to come off as being Tamiyasu's best friend. I'd like to hear what Tamiyasu's other friends, and sister have to say about how close Dixon was to Tamiyasu. Smith already said that Dixon was some guy who sold gas to Tamiyasu, hardly a 'friend.'
My cousin was one of his best friends. They grew up together and everytime he came up from Eugene he was with Eric. He had no clue who Dixon was until Eric was dead. Eric was always at our family dinners and even dated my cousin for a few years off and on.
I think our cops in this town are mentally retarded. Seriously who burns the evidence. Let alone not check the security alarm records or check the alarm for prints considering Dixon said besides Eric he was the only other one to know the alarm code. So many things he said at Eric's funeral alone makes you suspicious. The fact that he was the "last" person to see Eric alive and the one to find his body has killer written all over it.. because honestly if I hadn't heard from my best friend in 5 ****ing days you better believe I would know something is wrong.
To think if they didn't burn the evidence I wouldn't be sitting here thinking about what happened to Eric. He was a really great guy and hilarious he did not deserve what happened to him. Nor did his family. Sadly I don't think justice will ever be served. There is another guy they have had as a suspect for the past few years but they can't prove anything.. I still think it was Dixon though and always will.. I think Wampler is just a moron. How he got elected for another 4 years I do not know. Sadly it was by like a hundred votes. I just know I am glad he is retiring after this term.

***Edit... half awake when I wrote the end of this... so a part I just fixed made no sense haha***

Last edited by CityofEvil; 03-31-2009 at 11:56 PM.
CityofEvil is offline   Reply With Quote