Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #211
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Hambone2421
Did you also notice that "mssamspede" claims that Don Dixon and a man named Andy Von Flowto are two of Eric's closest friends and are the only ones offering a reward? I searched the internet for proof of this and found nothing.
Well we know that Andy Von Flowtow is real -as I've posted this before

http://www.dodsbir.net/SuccessStories/hoodtech.htm

But yeah, I too can't find anything about any reward being offered
Smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #212
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen
Well we know that Andy Von Flowtow is real -as I've posted this before

http://www.dodsbir.net/SuccessStories/hoodtech.htm

But yeah, I too can't find anything about any reward being offered

Welcome back Smoke, missed ya on the boards. Yea I remember you posting the link, good job on the investigation for that. Have you or anyone else heard from Mastermind? I haven't seen him on here in months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Yeah if Dixon were innocent why wouldn't he consent to a polygraph administered by LE? Why allegedly pay for one out of your own pocket if you have nothing to conceal?
That's a good point. I had forgotten that Dixon rejected a polygraph by LE but then turns around and has one done on his own dime?? More and more circumstantial evidence is building toward Don Dixon.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #213
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Why would Dixon openly admit that he not only had a key to Eric's residence, but also knew the alarm code? And I think Wompler just accepted Dixon's explanation of being "best friends" with Eric which is why he had him burn the bed. As for the rewards, I have been to several websites that discuss the Tamiyasu case or have articles about it and have yet to see anyone about any reward for information in the case.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #214
Hambone2421

Quote:
Why would Dixon openly admit that he not only had a key to Eric's residence, but also knew the alarm code? And I think Wompler just accepted Dixon's explanation of being "best friends" with Eric which is why he had him burn the bed. As for the rewards, I have been to several websites that discuss the Tamiyasu case or have articles about it and have yet to see anyone about any reward for information in the case.
That's just more of Don Dixon trying to sell us that he and Eric were best friends. I honestly think that when filming that segment, Dixon thought everyone would believe him and see him as the hero of the story with finding the body, calling the cops and "saying a prayer".
Old 12-07-2010, 08:51 AM   #215
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Hambone2421 Welcome back Smoke, missed ya on the boards. Yea I remember you posting the link, good job on the investigation for that. Have you or anyone else heard from Mastermind? I haven't seen him on here in months.
Well thank ye sir!!

I dunno what happened to Mastermind, either!

I miss his insight

Anyhoo, looking at this case (which drives me absolutely mental, btw)

I'm trying to figure out some/ any possible motives for this

So first, let's look at what information we do have:

-Eric was shot (three times in the head)
-His body was left in his house for over a week
-He was (apparently) found sprawled on his bed
-The Sheriff had the bed Eric's body was found on, destroyed (by Don Dixon)
-No obvious signs of B & E
-The house wasn't robbed
-Diana Anderson stated that someone was at Eric's front door (and then ran away) the last night she saw Eric
-Don Dixon stated he had a key to Eric's house as well as the code to his alarm system
-Dixon eventually took an independently administered polygraph. The sheriff’s department says the results were inconclusive.

-Ramona Tamiyasu and her husband now own and operate Tamiyasu orchards - I found that out here:

http://www.tamiyasuorchards.com/content/5206

Okay, so possible motives would/ could be (And in no particular order):

1) Sheriff Wampler getting revenge 'cause Eric fooled around with his woman

In a perfect world, this would be the one that makes the most sense. Why?

-He's the Sheriff and could get away with it (due to no one in the department being a snitch)

-Has the bed destroyed, thereby eliminating any potential DNA evidence (mainly, his wife's)

-Eric's murder seemed to be a professional hit. No one new he had even been shot until his body was examined by the coroner

-The night before, when Eric was Stylin' & Profilin' Diana Anderson, there was (according to her) someone knocking on the door. This seems to point (in my opinion, anyway) that professionals were at the door to whack Eric -- but aborted the mission when they found out he was not alone.

The main problem I have with this motive is... The source of this idea is Don freakin' Dixon!!!!

And I can't find any info regarding the Sheriff's wife online -- do any of you folks have any info?

Which brings me to Don's (possible) motives

2) Don Dixon wanted something from Eric

-But what, exactly? To get money? Land? Drugs? The, uh... "mancrush"?
-He's just a sociopath?

See, this is what drives me mental... Don's acting like such a suspicious weirdo and throwing out all these accusations... yet he's the one who found Eric Dead...plus was the one who physically burned the bed (After Wampler told him to)

As much as I'm by no means a fan of the guy... I'm trying to think of an actual motive for Don to kill Eric...

Who knows, maybe all those years of being exposed to pesticides turned Don into a crackpot

At this point, it very well could be a "man crush" -- especially when you look at his body language on the UM interview... he's a little effeminate...
(Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Okay, the other possible "motives"

3) Eric Smith killed Eric for (drug) money/ to own the orchard business

Yeah, I'm not really convinced of this either--- I mean, the sources that point the accusatory fingers are: Don Dixon (oh what a shock)
and "mssamspade" (come out, come out, where ever you are)

4) Diana Anderson's baby Daddy wanted revenge

The mysterious "Carter" killed Eric -- but again, the the source for this was from "mssamspade" ... so whatthehellever

Now Eric's house is in a remote, forested area... so if it was just some random manic, why wouldn't they also take some valuables?

Questions I have (besides the obvious, who actually murdered Eric Tamiyasu):

-IF Don Dixon served in "Nam, would there be any public record of this?

-If Don is a biologist (according to "mssamspade"), what’s his Alma Matter?

-Who lives in Eric Tamiyasu’s house nowadays, if anyone?

-Was Eric sleeping when he was killed?

-Is there any way to find out if any signs of trauma were found in the autopsy?

-What's Eric's former partner, Eric Smith up to nowadays?

-Anyone have any info on Wampler's wife?

It would be really easy to contact Eric's Sister, Ramona.. but I'd feel really bad doing so, I mean, the poor woman's gone through so much already

Any possible motives you folks can think of?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #216
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Forum Regular

I think if you were upfront and honest with your intentions of contacting her, she might be more receptive. But also tread lightly.

See if you can't contact Don Dixon himself. I'm sure he is listed in the white pages.

Edit- how easy it really is, I pulled up a Donald G. Dixon in Hood River, Oregon in about 2 seconds. Everything you would want for contact. Not that I will post it, but it is out there in case we get gutsy.
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #217
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Does the "G" stand for "goofball"?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #218
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

OR maybe "Guilty'?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #219
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

I read a post somewhere around here where Mastermind said that he was going to go spend some time on the Zodiac message boards. But then, I thought I read that he said he decided to come back here because they weren't very active over there.

Is he still MIA?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #220
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
I read a post somewhere around here where Mastermind said that he was going to go spend some time on the Zodiac message boards. But then, I thought I read that he said he decided to come back here because they weren't very active over there.

Is he still MIA?
Yes, your right. He was going to stay on the Zodiac boards but they weren't active so he came back and started posting again and then went away. I hope he is alright.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #221
Hambone2421

Quote:
Does the "G" stand for "goofball"?
I think its George.

If mssamspede really was Dixon, then I'm curious as to why he has not come back on here to discuss the case more?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #222
Charlie99909
El Sicko
Forum Regular

Quote:
OR maybe "Guilty'?

Or maybe "gunman"?
Charlie99909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #223
Hambone2421

Quote:
These are some of the issues I have with this case and the investigation. Dixon wants everyone to know that he and Eric were BFF's and that he had a key to his house and knew the alarm code. Well if this is true, why didn't the police interrogate him more considering there were no signs of forced entry? The segment does not really go into detail on how much interrogating they did, but it does say that Dixon refused a polygraph. Normally when you have a murder case with no forced entry, you look at close friends and family. But when you have one of those close friends saying he found the body by entering the home with a key and had the code to the alarm and refuses to take a polygraph, it becomes even more suspicious.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #224
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Hambone2421 why didn't the police interrogate him more considering there were no signs of forced entry?
Because they were too busy making him burn the bed
Old 12-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #225
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
These are some of the issues I have with this case and the investigation. Dixon wants everyone to know that he and Eric were BFF's and that he had a key to his house and knew the alarm code. Well if this is true, why didn't the police interrogate him more considering there were no signs of forced entry? The segment does not really go into detail on how much interrogating they did, but it does say that Dixon refused a polygraph. Normally when you have a murder case with no forced entry, you look at close friends and family. But when you have one of those close friends saying he found the body by entering the home with a key and had the code to the alarm and refuses to take a polygraph, it becomes even more suspicious.
I'm sure Dixon was (possibly still is) considered a suspect by LE based off of the fact that he found the body and had access to Eric's house. This case seems like it's just missing that one crucial piece of evidence that would ultimately lead up to it being solved. Perhaps it's the murder weapon? And I don't care about the whole "polygraph is worthless/unreliable" argument...any innocent person will almost immediately agree to a polygraph since they have nothing to hide. If they're worried the test may show them lying there's probably a reason for that.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote