Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering Renť Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: What's ure fave soap (of the ones in this selection)
The Young and the Restless 12 11.54%
Another World 10 9.62%
Dark Shadows 6 5.77%
All My Children 19 18.27%
Days of Our Lives 19 18.27%
Sunset Beach 3 2.88%
City Limits (I think that's what it was called, it aired on ABC) 3 2.88%
General Hospital 13 12.50%
One Life to Live 5 4.81%
As The World Turns 14 13.46%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2005, 05:45 AM   #46
Opal
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
I have stopped watching All my children years ago... I got really tired and still am getting tired of all the teenagers taking over these soaps......
What teenagers? Reggie and Dani? Wow, 2... and they're ever hardly on.

I see you like Y&R and GH. I find Y&R very boring (puts me to sleep) and GH is just awful -- with everything revolving around Sonny (who's played by an atrocious actor that mumbles and stutters over all his lines).

Iíve watched AMC since the late 70s, and I believe itís in awesome shape right now.

Different Strokes for Different Folks
Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:35 PM   #47
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal
What teenagers? Reggie and Dani? Wow, 2... and they're ever hardly on.

I see you like Y&R and GH. I find Y&R very boring (puts me to sleep) and GH is just awful -- with everything revolving around Sonny (who's played by an atrocious actor that mumbles and stutters over all his lines).

Iíve watched AMC since the late 70s, and I believe itís in awesome shape right now.

Different Strokes for Different Folks

Yeah AMC hardly has any teenagers at all... I mean Bianca, Maggie, Babe, Jamie and JR are much older than teenagers. and anyways for a show called "All My Children" i find it hard to believe that anyone would expect that it wouldn't have children and teenagers. "AMC" is in very good shape right now, the best its been for sometime now... sure some things could be improved, but honestly its great right now. Its been on an upward swing ever since 2003. I do fear however that once Bianca and Maggie leave that the show won't have any stories left to tell... The Maria/Zack thing is boring as all heck, no one really cares about Ryan/Greenlee at all, Ethan/Kendall stink... and thats really all the stories they have right now. I've heard rumors that in the fall we'll see Rebecca Budig and Eva La Rue leave, but nothing has been confirmed yet. i wouldn't be surprised though. It would suck then, cause who would be left???? and with La Lucci not be written for right now i'd be hard pressed to find a leading male or female character on the show...
Old 02-27-2005, 03:34 AM   #48
Molson
Member.....
Frequent Poster

Cool

Well excuse me!!!!!! Back when I use to watch it everyone's kids were getting older then other young people started coming on and it got to be way too much... I am tired of everything always about the younger generation(not to say I am old but it gets really boreing)
And I have flipped through the channels when I am surfing and the sound and the sets now look weird......It is sooooo different now, I just don't like it......

But I will agree about the Sonny storyline all the freak'n time..... I wished that the writers would kill him off for good.....Big tough Sonny, noone can get hi...Huh!!!!!

And yes Y&R can be really slow to, but there is still a few people on there I like....So I tape all of my soaps so I can bypass all the boreing stuff and the commercials...... So I guess we could agree to disagree??
Old 02-27-2005, 04:08 AM   #49
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
And yes Y&R can be really slow to, but there is still a few people on there I like....So I tape all of my soaps so I can bypass all the boreing stuff and the commercials...... So I guess we could agree to disagree??
I think all soaps go through periods of time where they are slow. Though, for the most part, I don't see this happening on Y&R.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:24 AM   #50
Opal
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by factsoflife
Yeah AMC hardly has any teenagers at all... I mean Bianca, Maggie, Babe, Jamie and JR are much older than teenagers. and anyways for a show called "All My Children" i find it hard to believe that anyone would expect that it wouldn't have children and teenagers. "AMC" is in very good shape right now, the best its been for sometime now... sure some things could be improved, but honestly its great right now. Its been on an upward swing ever since 2003. I do fear however that once Bianca and Maggie leave that the show won't have any stories left to tell... The Maria/Zack thing is boring as all heck, no one really cares about Ryan/Greenlee at all, Ethan/Kendall stink... and thats really all the stories they have right now. I've heard rumors that in the fall we'll see Rebecca Budig and Eva La Rue leave, but nothing has been confirmed yet. i wouldn't be surprised though. It would suck then, cause who would be left???? and with La Lucci not be written for right now i'd be hard pressed to find a leading male or female character on the show...

Well, I enjoy Kendall/Ethan (actually, I enjoy Kendall with anyone)... but I agree about Ryan/Greenlee ()

I also like Babe and Jamie.
Opal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:07 PM   #51
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
I have stopped watching All my children years ago... I got really tired and still am getting tired of all the teenagers taking over these soaps......
My all time favorite was Another World.... I really wished they got rid of a few others and left that one alone......

As it is I tape Y&R and GH so I can watch it in the evenings so I can skip the boring parts and the commercials.... The problem with these writers is they have the actors always repeating everything.... It is very frustrating.......
Well there's very few teens on AMC now and the ones who are are actually very good actors with great storylines, AMC is the best it's been in a very long time IMO
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:25 AM   #52
Molson
Member.....
Frequent Poster

Thumbs down RE: Teens....

Well I am finding now on Y&R... Mac, Lilly, Sierra, Davonne(who hasn't been there much) are on all the time and without much of an interesting storyline...and Cassie trying to fit in.... I think that Sierra and Davonne are not very good actors and if they are going to keep them on then they should hook up...But it also looks like Daniel and Lily might start something...But why can't they just hang as friends like they do...and this JT and his hidden love for Britney is getting old....

And GH my other soap, there is Georgie, Dillan, Deago and Brooklyn they are all boring too.....

I feel really bad for the little kids like Christina and Morgan...I mean how are they suppose to understand about real parents and pretend parents... all those shots of Christina sitting with Sonny or Alexis and saying mommy and daddy......doesn't that confuse them...Or do they wear some kind of ear plugs so they don't hear all that is being said???? I always wonder about that......there venting over..... JMO does anyone agree????
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #53
chelsealiz
Chelsea
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to chelsealiz Send a message via MSN to chelsealiz Send a message via Yahoo to chelsealiz
Thumbs up Passions

Does anyone else watch Passions? I think that and General Hospitol rank as my favorite soaps! They are so good and their storylines keep you waiting for more!
chelsealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #54
Miss Golden
Banned
Banned!!

Loving 1983-1995
Miss Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:21 PM   #55
pugdoglover
Forum Regular

Default Family Passions

great soap from 1994 was shown in canada and germany i saw most of the 130 episodes.has anyone else seen this? or does anyone have episodes?
pugdoglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:06 AM   #56
kigo
Occasional Poster

Mines gotta be days of our lives. The plot just thickens over time
kigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #57
Rachel3118

Out of these my favorite is As the World Turns but my actual favorite is guiding light although my favorite story line was in As the World Turns.

Rachel3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:29 PM   #58
Shelley

Mine is Another World. I'm so glad that Soapnet is airing AW. AW is in its best years now.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #59
Holly
I LOVE SUNSETS :)

Send a message via AIM to Holly Send a message via Yahoo to Holly

I Pick Days of our Lives B/c I always watched that soaps and i understand it.. Plus I love all the drama in it.. That what makes it good
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:49 AM   #60
Holly
I LOVE SUNSETS :)

Send a message via AIM to Holly Send a message via Yahoo to Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley
Mine is Another World. I'm so glad that Soapnet is airing AW. AW is in its best years now.

I havnt watched that show for along time.. is it still on TV???
Holly is offline   Reply With Quote