Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-21-2017, 11:21 PM   #166
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

F Amazon region locking B.S. What are users outside of U.S suppose to do? acquire it thru other means?

Last edited by sdb4884; 01-22-2017 at 05:29 AM.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:40 AM   #167
bip05
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack
I am in shock! The clarity is amazing and I am seeing parts of these segments I have never seen, even after having watched them hundreds of times. This is better than Christmas!
couldn't have said it better myself. even cases i've seen *more* than a hundred times - i feel like i'm watching them for the first time because of the quality and all the weird editing. also does anyone else LOVE the show's intro and transitions?

this really is a beautiful day for all of us die hards. it's even better than i imagined it would be.

(plus the first month of prime is free!
Old 01-22-2017, 05:46 AM   #168
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

I Wonder if and when the Season 0 specials will be released? hopefully they aren't forgotten about because some of those cases were some of the best ones made.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #169
DP1
Forum Regular

What an awesome surprise to see these episodes up again. I've only had a chance to glance through a few but already I'm seeing cases I've never seen, cases I haven't seen in years and uncut segments.
DP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #170
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

Drool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb4884
F Amazon region locking B.S. What are users outside of U.S suppose to do? acquire it thru other means?
I'm very disappointed as well. What can we do to get Unsolved Mysteries outside of the US? FilmRise said they had international digital streaming rights....obviously that was a lie.
alistaircranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:23 AM   #171
tarheelslim
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
I highly doubt it. CM has been obsessive about blocking UM from the forbidden site for almost a full decade now. When I uploaded about 20 segments in 2007, they successfully managed to get my account erased as well as 2 other YouTube accounts that, despite not having any UM content on them, got pulled just because I used the same email address on all of them.

Every year since then, it's been a battle with folks trying to get UM content on the forbidden site and CM constantly getting it pulled. Their reason for doing so never had any basis in logic.

I just don't see them being so militant about this because they somehow knew in ten years that they would get the show streamed. YouTube has been around since 2005 and CM has given us the finger for about 90% of its existence.
This may be more due to a generational difference in enforcing copyright more than anything else.

15 years ago you would get threatened by a company for reprinting their logo without permission - the idea that you could freely distribute their product to the public would be completely unheard of.

CM was based in that era and probably hasn't had any compelling reason to change their thoughts on these things since.
tarheelslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #172
Fox Mulder
Occasional Poster

It's weird (but good) seeing these old Eps in greater quality than grainy taped off TV VHS. Weird seeing them in the quality I originally did as a kid. Any chance of the rest of the Stack seasons coming to Amazon?
Fox Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #173
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

SO. FREAKING. AWESOME.

A big mug of hot coffee and original Robert Stack UM episodes on my TV. I am extremely happy right now!
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #174
tarheelslim
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistaircranium
I'm very disappointed as well. What can we do to get Unsolved Mysteries outside of the US? FilmRise said they had international digital streaming rights....obviously that was a lie.
I think the possibility that they lied is pretty much nonexistent, and the possibility that it just hasn't gone international yet is incredibly likely.

We are only one day in here... when they announced that it would take time to get the material prepared, I wasn't expecting it happen this soon.
tarheelslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #175
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
SO. FREAKING. AWESOME.

A big mug of hot coffee and original Robert Stack UM episodes on my TV. I am extremely happy right now!
And the best part about this is that they updated all the original episodes, and they do it well.

Seeing these episodes with updates is not only awesome, but it makes you realized what a botched experiment the Farina episodes were. Nothing against Mr. Farina (God rest his soul) -- the production of those was overdone and really took away from the stories. The Stack episodes in their original form are still way better.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #176
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

This is wonderful.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #177
Jenna_Nicole105
Frequent Poster

For the record as mentioned by others, I loved and appreciated my bootleg DVD'S as well, as grainy and low sounding as they were, may even still watch them from time to time, but I was like a kid at a candy store coming home to this news last night. The quality is great as well!
Jenna_Nicole105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:39 PM   #178
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
It's weird (but good) seeing these old Eps in greater quality than grainy taped off TV VHS. Weird seeing them in the quality I originally did as a kid. Any chance of the rest of the Stack seasons coming to Amazon?
They've said the rest are coming. I was thrilled to see the Lori Zimmerman case up there (Dorothy Allison) - they are putting things up that I didn't see on the Farina versions. And the full length cases, and no heavy metal music.
everybodylovesrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #179
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna_Nicole105
For the record as mentioned by others, I loved and appreciated my bootleg DVD'S as well, as grainy and low sounding as they were, may even still watch them from time to time, but I was like a kid at a candy store coming home to this news last night. The quality is great as well!
I'm watching my 3-volume homemade DVD set today...have been watching it for the past 3 days. I've watched it about 4 or 5 times now. I highly enjoy it!
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #180
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybodylovesrs
- they are putting things up that I didn't see on the Farina versions. And the full length cases, and no heavy metal music.
Yes. Thankfully, very tasteful updates and ZERO heavy metal.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote