Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering Renť Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-27-2016, 09:04 AM   #16
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
April's boyfriend murdered her, so it's a solved case at this point. Kristin is still missing.
I remember the update for the discovery of April's body. It was just a text but UM played this incredibly sad music, not their traditional update music. It was the only time I remember hearing that score in the history of the show.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:51 AM   #17
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I've read up on the Kristin Smart case today and have no idea how the hell Paul Flores has not been arrested yet.

I even tried to think up a Devil's Advocate theory that could perceive Flores to be innocent, and I've got nothing. The only thing that could've happened is that Kristin possibly vomited and choked, and then Flores panicked and hid her body. But that wouldn't explain the black eye, the scratches, his nickname on campus as "Chester the molester", or the fact that Kristin was last seen by her friends at 10:30 p.m. that night totally sober but by 1 in the morning she was passed out on the lawn. Either she drank fast and quickly, or Flores slipped her something.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #18
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

The witness accounts that I've read show that Kristin went to the party and got hella intoxicated, seemingly of her own volition. A female acquaintance of hers was assisting her to walk when she was discovered passed out on the lawn and that's when Flores happened by. It was seemingly random, but I could always be wrong.

Please in no way assume that I am saying because Kristin was intoxicated, this should have happened to her. Absolutely not the point I'm trying to make here. I think that Flores tried to take advantage of her in her near-comatose state, Kristin came to and fought him off, but he most likely raped and killed her.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #19
Awsi Dooger

Unfortunately it's just another example of justice system normalcy. You can't totally remove the sample size of innocent persons who are wrongfully convicted, and you can't remove the sample of obviously guilty parties with not enough evidence to charge and convict. More often than not that type simply got lucky. Their planning, execution and disposal wasn't superior. Criminals have to make a quick set of decisions in situations like that and some will simply connect all the dots. It will continue to happen. I'm sure they are as astonished as everyone else, particularly the one-time offenders as opposed to career types. With the career types naturally they got away with many offenses that the authorities know nothing about.

It also depends on the jurisdiction. Lots of cases, like this one, are more difficult to charge than to convict if it actually made it to courtroom.

Watching the new Las Vegas Law series I have to say the specialized networks like ID do a great job in isolating the higher profile cases and presenting them to a wide audience. The attorneys in those big cases are very skilled, for the most part. Contrast to this Las Vegas Law series, with run of the mill cases and lawyers who can be absolutely brutal, and that's being kind. I find it difficult not to laugh at some of the questioning. With situations like Paul Flores you'd have to make sure a very talented prosecuting attorney was handling it, and jury selection would be vital. From afar we may not recognize that the specific department may not be perfectly stocked in those departments at a given time, and it can play a role in the district attorney's decision making.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #20
EverythingNthensome
Danascully
Frequent Poster

The most fustrating thing about this entire case is knowing that Kristen's family knows it was Flores, and they had to watch him walk away free. I don't know how they found the strength to not beat the crap out of that kid, because if it was someone I loved I'm not sure how I could contain composure. It's really upsetting to know that after all these years a warrant still hasn't been able to get a search of his property. This is one of those cases that angers me, so much could have been done...
Old 05-29-2016, 10:58 AM   #21
Jade_Curtiss
Frequent Poster

I remember reading an article a year or so back about Paul Flores losing his job because his supervisor realized he was "that" Paul Flores and other employees felt uncomfortable around him.

Anyway, I hope the parents finally get justice because Paul Flores and his family did this and covered it up.
Jade_Curtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:50 AM   #22
LooksLikeCRicci

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade_Curtiss
I remember reading an article a year or so back about Paul Flores losing his job because his supervisor realized he was "that" Paul Flores and other employees felt uncomfortable around him.

Anyway, I hope the parents finally get justice because Paul Flores and his family did this and covered it up.

That made me giggle a little inside. Thanks for that.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:46 PM   #23
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
The witness accounts that I've read show that Kristin went to the party and got hella intoxicated, seemingly of her own volition. A female acquaintance of hers was assisting her to walk when she was discovered passed out on the lawn and that's when Flores happened by. It was seemingly random, but I could always be wrong.

Please in no way assume that I am saying because Kristin was intoxicated, this should have happened to her. Absolutely not the point I'm trying to make here. I think that Flores tried to take advantage of her in her near-comatose state, Kristin came to and fought him off, but he most likely raped and killed her.
I remember reading articles that mentioned that Flores was on top of Kristen at the party at one point (they both laughed it off, but she was extremely intoxicated). Flores was also hitting on girls at the party who clearly had boyfriends with them. He was looking for sex, IMO, and she was very vulnerable in her condition at the time they were last seen. I agree with your theory about what happened.

Because Paul's mom told a coworker her husband had bolted out of bed after a phone call in the early morning hours of the disappearance, I believe that after the murder Paul called his father to help him with the aftermath (likely from his dorm room). But whatever cleanup was done wasn't enough to mask the scent from the bloodhounds during the investigation.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I remember reading articles that mentioned that Flores was on top of Kristen at the party at one point (they both laughed it off, but she was extremely intoxicated). Flores was also hitting on girls at the party who clearly had boyfriends with them. He was looking for sex, IMO, and she was very vulnerable in her condition at the time they were last seen. I agree with your theory about what happened.

Because Paul's mom told a coworker her husband had bolted out of bed after a phone call in the early morning hours of the disappearance, I believe that after the murder Paul called his father to help him with the aftermath (likely from his dorm room). But whatever cleanup was done wasn't enough to mask the scent from the bloodhounds during the investigation.
Four women came forward last year to claim that Paul Flores sexually assaulted them.

Probably the most disturbing one took place two years before Kristin Smart's disappearance. While in high school, Flores apparently pulled a 'Bill Cosby' on one of his classmates. He gave her something to drink and she was passed out within minutes. She later temporarily regained consciousness for about 4 seconds with him on top of her, raping her. And then her next memory is of Flores and another male friend of his dragging her down the street while she was vomiting...the guys giggling and then complaining that this "b*tch better not throw up on me." They then dropped her off on her mother's front porch, rang the doorbell and immediately ran off.

When the victim and her parents reported this incident to police, Flores said she was drunk and willingly had sex with him. So nothing was ever done. It's believed now that if something HAD been done about this incident, Kristin would probably be alive today.

This guy is a real piece of work. Before and after Kristin's disappearance, he had absolutely no issues grabbing girls at parties on the Cal Poly campus and an attempted assault in the bathroom at one of these parties was avoided only because the girl kneed him in the groin and kicked him in the shin before escaping.

It infuriates me that this guy is not rotting away in prison. The only thing he's ever been arrested for, to my knowledge, is a drunk driving incident. He's served no time for murder, rape and attempted assaults.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/four-w...assaulted-them
Old 10-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #25
boco357
Not Muhammad Ali
Frequent Poster

New podcast on the case:
https://www.yourownbackyardpodcast.com/

www.fatty357.com
boco357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:20 PM   #26
Steve_uk
Suspended
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by boco357 View Post
I'm very sorry that Kristin Smart was probably raped and murdered following a frat party twenty years ago and my heart goes out to her family and friends who are seeking the truth of what transpired during those last few hours of this 19-year-old's life. What I do ask myself is how far we as a society make allowances for any licentious behaviour which leaves any person of whatever sex vulnerable to being taken advantage of by the worst predator who just happens to cross their path.

I would like to watch the following but as usual it's unobtainable. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2630580/
Steve_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:35 PM   #27
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by boco357 View Post
Thank you for posting this. I gave it a listen and the first episode is excellent! They did a great job producing this podcast and what seems like a thorough job of telling Kristin's story. I think it will be interesting to hear the rest of the episodes when they are released.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #28
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
Thank you for posting this. I gave it a listen and the first episode is excellent! They did a great job producing this podcast and what seems like a thorough job of telling Kristin's story. I think it will be interesting to hear the rest of the episodes when they are released.
Part of me wants to listen to it and part of me doesn't. I know I'm going to feel extra angry listening to it because....

-We know who did it
-We know his parents helped him cover his tracks
-We know his history of sexual assaults and rapes on girls before and after Kristen's disappearance
-We know he has never served a single day in prison

Just knowing this miserable, arrogant, evil POS is a free man today without any care for the lives he destroyed is sickening beyond belief.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:22 PM   #29
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
Part of me wants to listen to it and part of me doesn't. I know I'm going to feel extra angry listening to it because....

-We know who did it
-We know his parents helped him cover his tracks
-We know his history of sexual assaults and rapes on girls before and after Kristen's disappearance
-We know he has never served a single day in prison

Just knowing this miserable, arrogant, evil POS is a free man today without any care for the lives he destroyed is sickening beyond belief.
Oh, I agree ó itís frustrating because Paul Flores is clearly guilty and he is a giant P.O.S. But the podcast is still excellent and Iím learning a lot of stuff. Itís just really well done.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:58 AM   #30
LooksLikeCRicci

I’ll definitely listen. Paul Flores definitely did it and it sucks that he’s still walking around.