Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All in the Family Cast Announced for Next Live in Front of a Studio Audience; Curb Returns Jan. 19
Reno 911 Returning with New Episodes; Remembering Philip McKeon of Alice
77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering René Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #526
Mommy2sets
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 30, 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Wow, stabbing herself in the heart?! I hadn't heard of that case, but yes there are many cases of people injuring themselves FARRR worse than Darlie did in attempt to cover up for murder, or kill themself. I honestly don't understand how Darlie suporters could be outraged over that stupid neck injury and so insistent it could not have been self-inflicted. It's just nonsese. Sure it could.
Mommy2sets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #527
Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Member
Senior Member
 
Cori aka ChrisSCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 30, 2001
Location: USA and still trying to be proud of it!
Posts: 1,729
Default

That's impressive. I had no idea it was possible to stab oneself in the heart more than once, although strange things are possible if the person was high on crack or PCP.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #528
user296686@aol.c
Member
Forum Regular
 
user296686@aol.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2008
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 269
Default

Hi Ireneparalegal

Good post. Some people are able to do unreal things. It's sad and hard to believe, but true.

Pam



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
Regarding the issue of whether Darlie could actually harm herself, merely to deflect the fact that she murdered her two sons, I couldn't help but remember a case where a mother killed all three of her children and then killed herself by STABBING HERSELF IN THE HEART AREA 4 TIMES. She had done an overkill on her three children by stabbing them repeatedly and on at least one of them, she slashed the throat. As much as it is hard to believe, people who are capable of causing harm or even kill their own children, they are too capable of causing physical harm to themselves.

Here is the case I am referring to:

The Sam Kastanis Case

On the morning of November 17, 1991, Sam Kastanis placed a 911 call, telling police that his son was bleeding, his fingers chopped off. Arriving at the scene, police discovered Kastanis in the midst of a grisly scene: three children and Sam's wife Margaret had been stabbed to death. Although Sam insisted he was innocent, he was arrested and brought to trial.

The evidence seemed overwhelming until Dr. Joseph Burton examined the bodies, and determined that based on the difference in wounds found on the children and the cuts on Margaret's hand, the most likely scenario was that Margaret had killed her children (injuring herself with the knife in the process) and then committed suicide by stabbing herself in the heart (she was the only one who did not have defensive wounds on her body).

Margaret Kastanis was also the only one with the blood of all three children on her (T-shirt seen right). As a result of Dr. Burton's findings, Sam Kastanis was acquitted.
__________________


Pamela Collins
user296686@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:05 PM   #529
user296686@aol.c
Member
Forum Regular
 
user296686@aol.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2008
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 269
Default

Latest info on stay
http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Legal/Habeas/080721.pdf
user296686@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:32 AM   #530
Mommy2sets
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 30, 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Thanks for posting that Pam!

It's been so quiet over here I hadn't checked the boards.

I'm looking forward to the results of the testing, ..but then they'll be the impending drama, and frustration I'll feel when camp darlie tries to claim the labs were incompetent or the evidence was contaminated or whatever new bull they'll try to pull when all the testing comes back pointing straight to Darlie.
Mommy2sets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #531
user296686@aol.c
Member
Forum Regular
 
user296686@aol.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2008
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2sets
Thanks for posting that Pam!

It's been so quiet over here I hadn't checked the boards.

I'm looking forward to the results of the testing, ..but then they'll be the impending drama, and frustration I'll feel when camp darlie tries to claim the labs were incompetent or the evidence was contaminated or whatever new bull they'll try to pull when all the testing comes back pointing straight to Darlie.
So very, very true.
user296686@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #532
lucchesicourt
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 21, 2008
Location: Oakley.ca
Posts: 87
Default

And, IF the DNA evidence comes back and matches that of an incarcerated person who has no connection to the Routiers? Would you be ready to eat crow and admit you were wrong? I doubt it. You too will do just as you say, and say the labs were incompetent and messed things up, because she is guilty regardless of the lab results. Me, if the results come back, and do NOT point to another person, I will say she IS guilty. I just want to make sure no mistakes are made. Afterall, you cannot afford a mistake when it is a matter of life and death, I guess unless you live in Texas. You probably disagree with the testing of DNA, because you have already made up your minds regardless of the results. Me, I am just waiting for the results before coming to a conclusive opinion. You are not and obviously did not want the testing. Well, it is happening , thanks to the federal government. Now, let's just wait and see, and hope that the truth will come out. Which is what I was seeking from the VERY beginning. If the results are negative, I will be pro execution, but if there is a different result, Darlie is due an apology from Texas, and if I was her, a huge lawsuit for negligence on the part of the police and state.
lucchesicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #533
user296686@aol.c
Member
Forum Regular
 
user296686@aol.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2008
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucchesicourt
And, IF the DNA evidence comes back and matches that of an incarcerated person who has no connection to the Routiers? Would you be ready to eat crow and admit you were wrong? I doubt it. You too will do just as you say, and say the labs were incompetent and messed things up, because she is guilty regardless of the lab results. Me, if the results come back, and do NOT point to another person, I will say she IS guilty. I just want to make sure no mistakes are made. Afterall, you cannot afford a mistake when it is a matter of life and death, I guess unless you live in Texas. You probably disagree with the testing of DNA, because you have already made up your minds regardless of the results. Me, I am just waiting for the results before coming to a conclusive opinion. You are not and obviously did not want the testing. Well, it is happening , thanks to the federal government. Now, let's just wait and see, and hope that the truth will come out. Which is what I was seeking from the VERY beginning. If the results are negative, I will be pro execution, but if there is a different result, Darlie is due an apology from Texas, and if I was her, a huge lawsuit for negligence on the part of the police and state.

Hi Lucchesicourt

I'm certain that you would love to believe that. The fact of the matter is, nothing could be further from the truth and I am offended by your remarks. It sounds to me like you are the one with a mind already made up. You see, you have it in your mind that no matter what, everyone who believes in Darlies guilt right now will want her executed no matter what comes up. There may be people out there like that. In fact, I'm sure there are. People that don't and won't admit when they are wrong. I am not one of them and I don't believe that mommy2sets is either. I have said all along that I have NO problem with a new trial as long as there is evidence that shows there should be one. I have also said that if there is ANY DNA testing that was not available in 1996 that is available now that it should ABSOLUTELY be administered. I believe that mommy2sets feels the same way, although I feel certain she'll be glad to speak for herself. I realize fully that we are talking about someones life. And once again, for the record, I am NOT an advocate of the death penalty. I wouldn't kill her if it were my choice to do so. I believe that it is Gods place to take life, not ours. I don't have a problem in this world admitting I'm wrong... IF I'm wrong. How much crow are you willing to eat if I'm not?

Pam

Last edited by user296686@aol.c; 08-02-2008 at 09:52 PM.
user296686@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #534
Mommy2sets
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 30, 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Lucchesiscourt, You have posted that same thing before, and Pam and I have defended ourselves against your accusations ad nauseam at this point, but it seems you never listen or want to hear us. I really think you are projecting. Pam said it (again) very well in her response to you... and that is how I feel too so I'm not going to repeat it. Ya know, it's pretty hard to believe someone with advanced degree, as you claim to have, does not know that when referring to 2 people "you too" should be spelled "you two"....or would write w/ so many grammatical errors. How did you pass just basic first year Comp.?

Hi Pam, I couldn't agree more.
Mommy2sets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:58 AM   #535
user296686@aol.c
Member
Forum Regular
 
user296686@aol.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2008
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2sets
Lucchesiscourt, You have posted that same thing before, and Pam and I have defended ourselves against your accusations ad nauseam at this point, but it seems you never listen or want to hear us. I really think you are projecting. Pam said it (again) very well in her response to you... and that is how I feel too so I'm not going to repeat it. Ya know, it's pretty hard to believe someone with advanced degree, as you claim to have, does not know that when referring to 2 people "you too" should be spelled "you two"....or would write w/ so many grammatical errors. How did you pass just basic first year Comp.?

Hi Pam, I couldn't agree more.
Hi mommy2sets Thanks!
user296686@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:38 PM   #536
Mommy2sets
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 30, 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Hey Pam,

Someone that knows a lot -personally- about this case says they heard news that the new DNA test results came back showing nothing pointing to anyone else as the murderer. This is unconfirmed, and honestly a little doubtful to me only because it's so soon. I sorta thought they would drag these tests out a lonnnng time. But maybe I was wrong....... if true, the results themselves are not surprising at all to me.
Mommy2sets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:34 AM   #537
user296686@aol.c
Member
Forum Regular
 
user296686@aol.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2008
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2sets
Hey Pam,

Someone that knows a lot -personally- about this case says they heard news that the new DNA test results came back showing nothing pointing to anyone else as the murderer. This is unconfirmed, and honestly a little doubtful to me only because it's so soon. I sorta thought they would drag these tests out a lonnnng time. But maybe I was wrong....... if true, the results themselves are not surprising at all to me.
Hey mommy2sets,

The new test results are not surprising to me at all. I'm like you... I figured that it would take forever for any results. But like you said, it's unconfirmed so we'll see once results are officially released. I do know that the court papers I read said they were waiting no where near the amount of time as before. And IMO, the longer it takes the answers to come out, the worse it looks for Darlie. We'll just have to wait and see...

Take care,
Pam
user296686@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #538
Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Member
Senior Member
 
Cori aka ChrisSCrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 30, 2001
Location: USA and still trying to be proud of it!
Posts: 1,729
Default

It's impossible for someone to stab anyone violently or a lot of times and not have cuts on their hands. Were cuts on Darlie's hands consistent with defensive wounds, or with wounds inflicted while stabbing?
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:05 PM   #539
Mommy2sets
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 30, 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Hi Pam, Yes guess we'll have to wait and see when they officially release the results. IMO Darlie's really backed herself in a corner w/ this... but as someone said once that had been in correspondence with Darlie's Mom, even if there was a videotape off Darlie actually committing the murders Darlie's Mom agreed she'd probably still have her staunch supporters I don't understand it.

Hey Cori, Darlie did have some cuts on the insides of her fingers... I think it's on the justicefordarlie website somewhere, sorry I can't find it readily to post a link. In the picture they do not appear deep at all, more like scratches. It depends who you talk to as to how they got there.... the prosecutors might say it happened while stabbing or strugging with the boys or were self-inflicted, but of course camp Darlie would say they are defensive wounds from a fight w/ a knife weilding intruder (although they are so shallow it's hard to fathom how an intruder flailing a knife around w/ such force that the stabs went through the boys bodies would only scratch her fingers if she was trying to defend herself from from being stabbed). But hey in lala-darlie world they make anything, no matter how bizarre or far-fetched, seem perfectly reasonable.

Last edited by Mommy2sets; 08-27-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Mommy2sets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #540
Mommy2sets
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 30, 2008
Posts: 155
Default

here's the link to the picture of the "injuries" on the inside of Darlie's hand

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evid...its/def_87.jpg
Mommy2sets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.