Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Trading Post

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #16
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Brian damage-
the thread is NOT disrespectful to TJ at all, noone questioned his call or his choice AT ALL, and clearly it is his board 100%

NOONE
was saying that TJ was wrong in moving them, noone was calling any names or insulting anyone, or questioning any of the rules--
noone was showing ANY FORM of disrespect at all on this one---i was quite simply commenting that I "Missed" the jokes and others weighed in with their thoughts

this was NOT some big protest and not some form of mutiny, i was just saying that I missed the jokes. I am really sorry that you misread or misunderstood the thread or what was written on it

NOONE from what I read, "second guessed TJ or his choice AT ALL or in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM!"
noone said anything about that, IN FACT if you READ what was written
you will see that people were talking about if they MISSED THEM OR NOT, nothing more--you are correct in saying that LILHAVE can STILL post them in 1 big thread, as tj stated---

perhaps he doesnt want to anymore, perhaps he doesnt think its worth it or perhaps he has NO MORE JOKES to tell?----i just dont know and cannot speak for him at all---i WISH that LILHAVE would keep on posting them--- EVEN IF IT HAS TO BE IN THE BIG THREAD! because they are cute

i was ONLY commenting that i "Missed them"--- you are misinterpreting what was written and for the record im NOT being disrespectful to you as a moderator either, just clarifying so that you understand the point of the thread-- Now let's not turn this into something that it isn't, or make a mountain out of a molehill

Thanks

Last edited by Lamont; 10-06-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:49 PM   #17
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
It's not the thread itself that is bad, but the little jabs that are mean. Just like the political threads, if you don't like them, don't view them, don't read them, just ignore them.
TJ made a decision regarding the multiple joke threads, and for a member to make a thread about that decision isn't right at all.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 10-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #18
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
TJ made a decision regarding the multiple joke threads, and for a member to make a thread about that decision isn't right at all.
BRIAN--i wont keep commenting on this as i do not want to get sucked into the road you are on with this. BUT i was NOT questioning TJ at all --- perhaps you THOUGHT i was, but CLEARLY i was NOT, so please do not put words in my mouth. I said SIMPLY, that I missed the jokes--- which I do-- IN FACT I was HOPING that LILHAVE would continue to Post NEW JOKES (well at least some more Old ones!) on the big thread

and i started this thread to show him that the jokes have an interest out there! I never commented on TJ and i never said that lilhave was BANNED from posting them, i ONLY said that I missed the jokes. You are misreading this or misinterpreting what I and others said. NO disrespect, NO rule breaking, NO ugliness and NO reason to get all worked up over this one

AND FOR THE RECORD-- I hope that lilhave reconsiders and starts to post them again on the BIGGGGG thread after the weekend
I am sure that you honestly misread it, but I was trying to make a cute little thread, hoping harvey would come back to the jokes, under the terms the owner put forth, please lets not make this into something that it CLEARLY is not.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #19
lilhave

I stayed out of this as I could really care less. No one commented about my character just the jokes, so it doesn't bother me at all if a certain amount disliked them. Never intended to please all but some. If a few in the morning found one or two amusing, passed them on to a friend, a relative or forwarded them to a co-worker, I was pleased. So be it.

One thing disturbs me thou. It's the pissy attitude of Brian Damage. This world consists of fireman and arsonists. One does all he or she can to put out, extinguish fires so they can cause no further damage. Then there is the arsonist, who derives pleasure from adding to to the flames if not starting them and gets their jollies of that way. If there is no fire they will start one.

Brian my friend, you ain't no fireman.

Harvey
Old 10-06-2006, 04:16 PM   #20
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont
the jokes really never did that to my knowledge

if u count up the average # of new threads per day
u will see that it usually takes SEVERAL days before the post is bumped off to page 2

AND i know that savageamusement was just leaving the jokes up for part of the day and then later on moving them to 1 big thread
so they really didnt bump anyones posts out of the way i can assure u

as for liking them or not, all i can say is that if you dont like ANY thread here-- just dont read it

noone forces us to read threads

there are SOME POSTERS here who I NEVER read what they say b/c its the same thing over and over and i know it all by now
Whatever you say Lamont. In this post, you were clearly making a case why Harvey's multiple joke threads caused no problems -- saying that they don't bump other threads down and got moved to the big thread later on, etc, etc.

You were saying more than you missed them. I could be wrong, but something tells me you were hoping that everyone would agree with you. Not that this board is into high drama or anything.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #21
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
ok so we all know

a lot of lilhave's jokes are old and tired

a lot of them are silly and off color

BUT the mornings just aren't the same around here without the jokes

am i the only one who misses them?

I suspect Harvey will be getting back to posting the jokes, soon. Last weekend, after my Devil outfit came back from the dry cleaners, Harvey paid me a visit. It's taken me all week to recover & even one of my hard drives crashed. I suspect he may be checking up on Jasimon, since she's been quiet lately.

I will be better prepared, the next time Harvey sings, "On The Road Again."

...Metallica
Old 10-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #22
Lamont
Lamont says Smile!

Quote:
Whatever you say Lamont. In this post, you were clearly making a case why Harvey's multiple joke threads caused no problems -- saying that they don't bump other threads down and got moved to the big thread later on, etc, etc.

You were saying more than you missed them. I could be wrong, but something tells me you were hoping that everyone would agree with you. Not that this board is into high drama or anything.
Sir, I made the initial post that I Missed the jokes--- which I do, even on the big thread theyd be lots of fun-- if you refer to the post made by Hazel Anyday, you will see that he mentioned a reason he disliked the jokes was that they caused Other threads to get bumped off the top--- my comment about the threads NOT taking up that much space, was clearly NOT part of the original post and not part of why I missed the jokes--- that comment was a DIRECT RESPONSE to what hazel anyday said

I am truly sorry if you did not catch that part of the thread, but if you go back and reread it you will see that I was replying to what he said, and was not calling anyones decisions into question at all.

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #23
RedWhine56
Sleigh? What sleigh?
Forum Regular

Quote:
I think this thread is disrespectful to TJ.
Geez, that's so schweet...

(Untrue, but schweet, nevertheless!)
Old 10-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #24
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Sir, I made the initial post that I Missed the jokes--- which I do, even on the big thread theyd be lots of fun-- if you refer to the post made by Hazel Anyday, you will see that he mentioned a reason he disliked the jokes was that they caused Other threads to get bumped off the top--- my comment about the threads NOT taking up that much space, was clearly NOT part of the original post and not part of why I missed the jokes--- that comment was a DIRECT RESPONSE to what hazel anyday said

I am truly sorry if you did not catch that part of the thread, but if you go back and reread it you will see that I was replying to what he said, and was not calling anyones decisions into question at all.

Thanks!

Lamont, you talk to Harvey privately plenty, why didn't you just pick up a phone or shoot an email or pm instead of making this public?
Old 10-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #25
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Enough

Okay enough enough.

First off-

The joke thread isn't stickied anymore.

SO Brian, I don't know what your talking about that its stickied and Harvey can post them-

Here is the front page link of Traders Forum

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...play.php?f=168

So First off, he can't put them, in a thread that isn't there.

Unless I am blind. Which I might be missing it, if its stickied on the traders forum, please let me know I missed it.

2-
Yes the decision was made.
It was always up to TJ- and he has spoken, done deal.
If anyone wants to ask for the jokes to be put back here, they need to write him-
Not have a debate on the forum about this-

Some people liked them, some didn't.
Some liked them, but wanted them elsewhere-
Some thought they were stale-

Welcome to population undecided- as usual no one agrees 100 percent.
And the majority of this yet again was due to lack of compromise.

When TJ first commented, his first suggestion was for members to read them in the chit chat section, and several people spoke up and said NO, they wouldn't not go there.
They refused to scroll down to chit chat and read them elsewhere.
So if people enjoyed the jokes so much, why not be willing to compromise on where they were located in the first place.

It was due to the lack of that compromise I agreed to put them all into a link, an archive- and I have no problem doing that, however Tj has stated he doesn't wish them to be put each day, and to trouble me to gather then and put them into the grouping.

Harvey doesn't want to put them in one archive, that is his choice not to compromise.

Now, my suggestion is this-
Two choices-
To request TJ put the original archive thread, sticked here, and Harvey, or if anyone wanted to, add a joke to the archive thread they can. And just read from newest to oldest and enjoy yourself.
OR, in Chit Chat section, and post them there same deal.

There is no reason for it to be stickied here, if it isn't being used or read.
SO someone would have to speak up and someone would have to compromise for either to be worth the time.

Its Tj's site- he has made his decision, and stated they can be put elsewhere.
But if someone doesn't want to post in that section
and others don't want to go to that section to read it, you guys are going to have to take a loss.

That's all there is to it.

I am sorry everyone can't be pleased. But in life, we don't always get what we want- where we want it, when we want it.

So it isn't that you can't enjoy the jokes.
It is just it isn't allowable the way it WAS.
If no one wants to compromise to a change, so be it.

And one last thing, Brian I try to respect you as a moderator, and if yo uwant to point out, CONSTANTLY this forum is full of drama, fine- but how about pointing it out just once when you aren't part of it?
Old 10-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #26
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageamusement
Okay enough enough.

And one last thing, Brian I try to respect you as a moderator, and if yo uwant to point out, CONSTANTLY this forum is full of drama, fine- but how about pointing it out just once when you aren't part of it?

BELIEVE me, I do
Old 10-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #27
savageamusement
Cutest Couch Potato

Default Which one are you

Well your position has been heard, your unhappy with a post/thread, this forum again.
Nothing new to that (shrug)

If anyone wants to change the way the jokes are done, read, added to, found, used, seen, viewd- contact TJ-
its his board, his rules
Write him your request- its the community that guides changes- so voice your opinion.

In the meantime, realize that we all have to take part of choices, compromise and be active in the community for change-
But slinging insults, bickering, and arguing isn't going to bring around those changes, just usually hard feelings, or hurt feelings- or an overall defensive stature.

It takes 2 to argue
And 2 to compromise. Which one are you?
Old 10-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #28
TJ
Owner
Administrator

The thread was not deleted. It was unsticked after a period of days when no new jokes were being posted. No point in having an inactive thread stickied. If you go back a few pages, you should see it. It's Harvey's choice whether or not he wants to continue to post them.
Closed Thread