Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

77th Annual Golden Globe Awards Nominees; Hugh Laurie HBO Comedy Set for January
Remembering Renť Auberjonois of Benson; Brady Bunch Star to Give Tour of White House on HGTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 9, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-18-2019, 12:26 PM   #136
drew790
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiussat View Post
Excellent news. I hope Netflix is able to Make UM Great Again.
drew790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:27 PM   #137
drew790
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
How is a worldwide audience going to help find a missing person or solved an unsolved murder in Kokomo, IN or Sedalia, MO??

UM was always designed for American audiences.
Ask Joe Sheppard.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #138
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistaircranium View Post
THANK YOU! I'm glad you said it. It's hard to keep my cool when dealing with arrogant, delusional Americans who think their country is the centre of the universe.
Please don't judge us all that way.

As a yank myself, I welcome our UK/Aussie/SA/Scandinavian and other English speaking brothers. Everyone else is welcome too, although because I am a lazy American, they will have to speak English since I cannot speak their language.

I would be perfectly fine with a new UM show covering foreign mysteries, especially those from English speaking nations. I say that because I can culturally relate to places like the UK since we're not that far removed from them. I would have a harder time relating to, say, a mystery in India or Mongolia. (I am speaking strictly of true crime mysteries).

I guess I could enjoy mysteries from France or Germany. They are culturally close to us, but there is that language barrier (French are much like us Yanks and think the world revolves around them. They only know French and aren't keen on learning English especially).

The original UM did cover a few foreign mysteries, but they were mainly in the supernatural/UFO/Nazi gold/lost treasure realm. I would enjoy some good true crime stories from abroad as well. I know there's some good ones out there worthy of coverage.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:57 PM   #139
Guardian
Forum Regular

I think it could work. Of course with the show produced here, logically most Mysteries will still be based within the US, but I think with the combination of the host giving narration and the use of translators (just like in the few segments in non English speaking countries in the past), it would be a nice fit.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:42 PM   #140
Kicksave1980
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistaircranium View Post
I know this may come as a bit of a shock to you, but there are actually hundreds of countries on this planet. It's not just the United States. Mind blowing!!!!!
I'm not sure, but I think that the point trying to be made is that while Netflix does have a worldwide footprint, their selection varies greatly by country and not all programming is available from one location to the other. Not everything is available everywhere. Of course, if they have announced that UM will be worldwide on Netflix, disregard.

This is why I use a VPN to access content that's only available in the Canadian or Euro netflix markets, and I know that a lot of people in other places do the same to specifically access the US version of the platform because the selection is typically larger than anywhere else in the world. Different, but larger.
Kicksave1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #141
drew790
Forum Regular

When Netflix produces & owns it, it's everywhere.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:12 PM   #142
Kicksave1980
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew790 View Post
Thanks, I hadnít considered that. Makes sense.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:50 AM   #143
tarheelslim
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew790 View Post
I think that is generally true but there may be exceptions. If they don't have subtitles for a country's language I don't know if they include it in that country.

I watch a Netflix-produced Japanese reality show and it is available every week or 2 in Japan, but its released in batches every few months to the rest of the world.
tarheelslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:59 AM   #144
tarheelslim
Forum Regular

A lot of times with a new show Netflix does not release info in advance. We may not even know who the host is until its released. I don't know if they have release dates ahead of time for everything either.

I thought I'd read that they were starting production in Feb or March but I can't find that now.
tarheelslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #145
drew790
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelslim View Post
A lot of times with a new show Netflix does not release info in advance. We may not even know who the host is until its released. I don't know if they have release dates ahead of time for everything either.

I thought I'd read that they were starting production in Feb or March but I can't find that now.
This is also true. We generally get little in way of casting announcements for new shows until we get a trailer a month ahead. We get more for returning shows and Unsolved Mysteries because of its following and history kind of falls in between the two. (New show, established fan base). I'd expect to get a host announcement but it may not come until when we get a trailer. The nature of the show also allows them to hire a host much later into the production cycle than the segment filming.

Netflix does a good job promoting its originals within their app, and on social media. When it launches it will be front and center to entice viewership.

I also think the fan base is being downplayed by some people in this thread. Just because they haven't been active on SO, Reddit, had access to the various bootlegs for the last 15 years does not mean there aren't fans of the show. So many from my personal circle of friends are rediscovering the show now that they have access to it once again from Prime and even more now from the free streaming on things like Youtube and Tubi. If the numbers coming from Prime and the other streaming outlets ahead of the series commission weren't favorable it wouldn't be happening.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:41 PM   #146
IMSONNYBURNETT
Occasional Poster

In today's PC America, they'll have to find a host that won't offend the Snowflakes and appeases every single minority. I'm thinking Kaitlyn Jenner maybe?
IMSONNYBURNETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #147
Kicksave1980
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSONNYBURNETT View Post
In today's PC America, they'll have to find a host that won't offend the Snowflakes and appeases every single minority. I'm thinking Kaitlyn Jenner maybe?

Glad to see that the art of irony is still alive and well.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #148
Fletch
Justice for Russell
Forum Regular

Liev Schreiber would be my dream pick to take on hosting duties for the new UM. Great actor not to mention an amazing voice for narrating. It's no wonder he's one of the most sought after voice talents in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Qpwo8Utis&t=23s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8uggvSFsl0
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:52 PM   #149
Kicksave1980
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Liev Schreiber would be my dream pick to take on hosting duties for the new UM. Great actor not to mention an amazing voice for narrating. It's no wonder he's one of the most sought after voice talents in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2Qpwo8Utis&t=23s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8uggvSFsl0
He would be a fantastic choice. I love his voice work on the many sports shows that he has done. And of course, his role in Goon.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:58 PM   #150
Fletch
Justice for Russell
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksave1980 View Post
He would be a fantastic choice. I love his voice work on the many sports shows that he has done. And of course, his role in Goon.
Haha... I didnít want to sound biased since he does a ton of stuff for the NHL (30 year ice hockey player here ).
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote