Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

USA High links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / USA High Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > USA High

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Boned When...
Never Boned 1 50.00%
Day 1 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Junkie

Question USA High Boned the Fish When...

http://www.bonethefish.com/viewtopics.php?396

Quote:
USA High is an American teen sitcom which ran from August 1997 to June 1999 and ended after 95 episodes. The show revolved around six friends enrolled at the American Academy boarding school in Paris, France. The show was one of several teen sitcoms created by Peter Engel, who was also responsible for the Saved by the Bell franchise, California Dreams, City Guys, and Hang Time.
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #2
irehtman
Forum 4K Club Member

Kristen Miller is a hot British actress.
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
TMC
Forum Junkie

https://web.archive.org/web/20070225...ptheshark.com/
  • Other Thoughts:

This show is full of babes!
    This sucks, just like all the other Saved by the Bell ripoffs (and the original show, too).
    Yet another one of the under appreciated shows on the tube. At first I thought it would be another teenybopper affair ala Saved By The Bell New Class, but it surprised me. Whinney is SOO funny!
    This is the worst show ever!! None of the "actors" can actually act, and dont' you find it a bit strange that even though they're supposed to be in Paris there are never any french people on the show?? Even in the cafés and shops there are only american costumers! Except for that dumb, blonde teacher who's supposed to be french! No, this show is absolutely horrible! Showing off the American ignorance just a tad too well...
    U.S.A. High jumped the shark when Laz left.
    in response to the person who said, 'where are all the french people'...true there maybe should have been a few french people in scenes outside of the school...but it is an "American School" and not a french school, so i thought the cast was good enough.
    Another stupid Save By the Bell rip off. There will never be another show like the first and even the first had it's stupid moments. All I have to say is what is the dumb crap? Teenagers are not so shallow and have more important things to relate to than this crap! The writers need to get a clue.
    This show jumped from Day 1, even though I still watched it to see what Saved By the Bell the original series storylines they would rip-off. I felt like I was watching Saved by the Bell with different characters and the same plots. I did not like how they put Winnie with that dumb muscle headed boy, he belonged with that Ashley girl. Did you see that Jackson and Lauren had an off and on relationship like Zack and Kelly, there goes another one of the same plots. Laz was the best thing on that show and the only reason I still put up with it, but when they replaced his character with Access I wasn’t mad. I just wished they would have hooked Access up with Winnie, but they kept her with that knuckle head until the end. This is just another Saved By the Bell wannabe show.
    They were supposed to be in Paris. They always paid for crap in dollars. What the f**k?
    Jumped day one! About the whole American school in Paris thing--those kids would order pizza and get an AMERICAN delivery boy. Now, I don't know how many of you have been to Paris and ordered pizza, but let me tell ya, not only will you NOT get an American kid delivering it to you, you will also not be paying in American currency. I actually went to an American school in Paris, and needless to say, it is absolutely NOTHING like how they portrayed it in the show. One thing, though, Winnie (?) was hilarious. That German guy had his moments.
    This show is my pick for the best of the SBTB rip-off shows, but it still was always on the far side of the shark. Laz made the show. Lots of times with the rip-offs, they just have cool kids, forgetting that the nerd made SBTB. Laz wasn't a nerd, but he was different and crazy enough to make the rest of the show tollerable. The thing that really gets me about the rip-offs, though, is that they all came from the same studio. They even used the USA High set when the New Class went to Paris. That is the essence of "shameless."
    This show was good.It had hot guys on it too.It jumped when that new guy showed up.I don't think I even atched the show with the new character on it.I lked the song:Rockin at USA High,Rockin at USA High ect.It was a good show though.
    This show jumped...I don't remember when but it did. Anyways, It sure had some good looking girls it. That kept most of us watching. The first time I saw this show I thought it was save by the bell, maybe some new class or something and I thought cool but then it turned out not to be and I thought oh well It has some good looking girls on it. Besides that it sucked, It was almost like sbtb but it didn't soak in as well. The question us posters should be answering is who was hotter Kelly Kopowski or that Brunette on USA High or y'know am I mistaking this show with City Guys, Who's hotter?Kelly Kopowski or the Brunette on City Guy's?
    I've put "Same character, different actor" as my reason why it jumped because all of these characters were exactly the same as those in Saved By The Bell, only the actors were different. One blond male schemer. One little dweeby guy. One musclehead. One sexy brunette all the guys are lusting after. One daddy's girl. One strong scary rip-roaring I AM FEMALE HEAR ME ROAR girl. Mix em all together and what have you got? Uh, I cant tell, is it USA HIgh or SBTB?! And to the previous post - Kelly Kapowski will always be the most beautiful (until she chopped and bleached her hair). The brunette from USA was pretty too but the one from City Guys was irritatingly plain and had an annoying look about her face - you cannot possibly be talking about her!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
irehtman
Forum 4K Club Member

The only TNBC show that I liked the most, which is even better than this show also, is Hang Time, no offense, IMO!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:43 PM   #5
TMC
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irehtman
The only TNBC show that I liked the most, which is even better than this show also, is Hang Time, no offense, IMO!
I thought that USA High aired on the USA Network, not NBC (even though it was another Peter Engel produced sitcom none the less).
Old 04-08-2015, 07:54 AM   #6
irehtman
Forum 4K Club Member

USA High is not a TNBC show because it never gets aired on NBC at all.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:43 PM   #7
TMC
Forum Junkie

Quote:
USA High is not a TNBC show because it never gets aired on NBC at all.
That's what I mean! USA High unlike other Peter Engel produced sitcoms, didn't air on NBC.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:45 AM   #8
irehtman
Forum 4K Club Member

The only Peter Engel show that I prefer watch again is Hang Time, nothing else, period!
Old 01-04-2016, 09:48 AM   #9
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Kristen Miller is a hot British actress.
She's not British, she was born in California.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:14 PM   #10
irehtman
Forum 4K Club Member

Maybe Kristen's parents came from England before they living in California and gave birth to her.