Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Something So Right links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Something So Right Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Something So Right

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Dragging the Classics: The Brady Bunch Premieres June 30; HBO Social Satire Series The White Lotus Launches July 11
Hulu's Solar Opposites Renewed for 4th Season; Sundance Now's Motherland Returns July 8
MeTV Summer 2021 Schedule, Monk Joins Lineup; HBO Max Sets Cast for Period Comedy
New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Boned When...
Day 1 0 0%
Never Boned 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
TMC
Forum Junkie

Question Something So Right Boned the Fish When...

http://www.bonethefish.com/viewtopics.php?4926

Quote:
Something So Right is an American television situation comedy which ran on two different networks during its time on the air, and in reruns on the USA Network for a number of years after its cancellation. Something So Right starred Mel Harris as Carly Davis, a twice-divorced party planner who had married Jack Farrell (Jere Burns), a divorced English teacher. They had three children, one from each of their former marriages.
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
Skywalker
Forum Fanatic

I don't know if this show ever jumped. I watched the reruns in the late 90's on USA and remember liking it and Marnie Patterson was hot! It's too bad she never did too much after this show.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
TMC
Forum Junkie

https://web.archive.org/web/20070225...ptheshark.com/
  • Other Thoughts:

This show had a promising premise (blended families) undercut by blah casting...where to start? Well, the first person I go to for comedy is thirtysomething's Mel Harris! (LOL) Jere Burns is breathing down Ted McGinley's neck as a series-killer. And though the father's daughter (Marne Patterson) was a babe, the other two kids did nothing for anybody. The ex-husbands were clods and the ex-wife was mostly OK, but did they have to be in every single episode on the ABC run? The history: it ran for one year on NBC, and was canceled. Then, it started getting word of mouth (and awards) over the summer. ABC picked it up, then there had to be three months to start production again. By then, the fire was gone. It ran another half-season on ABC, and that was that.
    This show never jumped! It just had terrible time slots (Hint. Don't put a new show against one that has been running for 6+ years). I can watch any episode over and over and still not get bored.
    I don't really watch it a lot, so I can't tell that much. However, I really liked the series I did watch, except when Sarah played in two basketball teams at once. That was a little too much. But all the kids are cute and the fathers are nice!
    This show was pretty good! Although I do agree, the ex's were on a little too much.I thought Nicole (Marne Patterson) was a hottie. Where is she now? Anyway, this show was in a bad time slot and should still be on.
    I really liked this show. The blond is hot and the mom had MILF qualities. I watched it on ABC and the on USA and would watch it if it were on again. Where do all the good shows go?
    This show is the worst show in the history of any form of entertainment. It was about a couple of self righteous slimeballs who felt that the entire world should change to fit them. IF this plot line is not thin enough it was basically the theme of every show they had.
    This was a truly nauseating series... I almost vomited watching the self-involved Jere Burns in his glasses and casual "open-shirts" (Note to Producers: No one really dresses like this). There was something depraved about this show... the two adults acted like obnoxious egotists whose life was ruined by the presence of children. Like "Step By Step," the parents were always trying to get away to presumably bang each other's brains out, which is very disconcerting on a show focusing on children. Who exactly are we supposed to root for?
    This show had a lot of potential, but was treated so poorly by both networks that aired it that it never really had a chance. I think Jere Burns is one of the most underrated comic actors in America and he was so sexy in this show, but I always had a soft spot for goatees. Unfortunately, they didn't show him with his shirt off nearly enough!
    I still think the show is monstrously underrated. I somehow began watching the show in college, when it was part of USAM on the USA Network. I got hooked. I keep waiting for to come out on DVD. The writing was funny, the actors were good (especially Jere Burns) and the show never took itself too seriously, a fatal flaw for most family sitcoms. The show probably would have gotten abysmal as time went on--the exes had limited appeal at best--so an early cancellation was the best thing that happened to it.
TMC is online now   Reply With Quote