Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Theme Song Lyrics: Requests and Archive

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu's Solar Opposites Renewed for 4th Season; Sundance Now's Motherland Returns July 8
MeTV Summer 2021 Schedule, Monk Joins Lineup; HBO Max Sets Cast for Period Comedy
New Chip 'n' Dale Series Premieres July 28 on Disney+; Cruel Summer Returning for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 21, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #46
Rezny@gmail.com

2 more theme songs that are NOT my favorites,are the one for the "Petticoat Junction" episodes WITHOUT the late Bea Benaderet.,when June Lockhart took over.It goes like this:"There's a little hotel called the Shady Rest at the Junction..Petticoat Junction...It (singer's voice gets annoyingly high)is run by Joe(Uncle Joe)Come and be his guest at the junction.Petticoat Junction..Here's our lady MD she's as pretty as can be at the Junction.PETTICOAT JUNCTION"Yucko.I like the earlier theme used in the episodes WITH Bea Benaderet a LOT better.Another one I DO NOT like is the vocal theme (why did they change it from the instrumental themes used in earlier seasons,which I liked a LOT better)used for the final season of "That Girl".
Rezny@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #47
megamanj2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezny9@hotmail.com
2 more theme songs that are NOT my favorites,are the one for the "Petticoat Junction" episodes WITHOUT the late Bea Benaderet.,when June Lockhart took over.It goes like this:"There's a little hotel called the Shady Rest at the Junction..Petticoat Junction...It (singer's voice gets annoyingly high)is run by Joe(Uncle Joe)Come and be his guest at the junction.Petticoat Junction..Here's our lady MD she's as pretty as can be at the Junction.PETTICOAT JUNCTION"Yucko.I like the earlier theme used in the episodes WITH Bea Benaderet a LOT better.Another one I DO NOT like is the vocal theme (why did they change it from the instrumental themes used in earlier seasons,which I liked a LOT better)used for the final season of "That Girl".
I lot of folks seemed to really dislike the final version of the "That Girl" theme song w/ the lyrics.

Diamonds, daisies, snowflakes, That Girl!
Chestnuts, rainbows, spring time, (inserts drum beat) is thaaat girrrrrlll!
She skips a lot of treeeees
It's everything that every girl should beeeeeeee
Same ol' popcorn, white wine, that girl
kingdom, blue birds, Broadway...is that girrrrrrl!

That version?
Old 10-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #48
waichingliu81
debbie allen
Forum 4K Club Member

a different world, friends, dharma and greg, joey, one on one
waichingliu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:21 AM   #49
Lhomme couture
Banned
Banned!!
Frequent Poster

Hands down - Unsolved Mysteries. That damn theme music scares me.
Lhomme couture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 AM   #50
friendsfan77
-
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
I lot of folks seemed to really dislike the final version of the "That Girl" theme song w/ the lyrics.

Diamonds, daisies, snowflakes, That Girl!
Chestnuts, rainbows, spring time, (inserts drum beat) is thaaat girrrrrlll!
She skips a lot of treeeees
It's everything that every girl should beeeeeeee
Same ol' popcorn, white wine, that girl
kingdom, blue birds, Broadway...is that girrrrrrl!

That version?
I'm the opposite, I love that version while I'm not too buzzed over the earlier ones.
friendsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #51
bmasters9

My most hated one is "Friends." The series itself is bad enough, but the theme song is worse. Second would be "Two and a Half Men." It is the same as "Friends"-- bad enough series, worse theme song.
bmasters9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:23 AM   #52
phoebe7165
Pop Culture Goddess
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmasters9
My most hated one is "Friends." The series itself is bad enough, but the theme song is worse. Second would be "Two and a Half Men." It is the same as "Friends"-- bad enough series, worse theme song.
I guess that would explain why Friends was on for 10 years, and Two and a Half Men has been on for what's it been, 7 years now?

I have to say that I got a little sick of "I'll be there for you", too. I'll watch the 1st scene, then when they go into the theme song, I change the channel.

I actually like the "Men" theme song, especially when they got Charlie, Jon & Angus lip-syncing it.

Rescued animals make the best pets. Opt to Adopt!!
phoebe7165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:14 AM   #53
Schmoopie
Keep Calm and Love Snoopy
Forum Celebrity

TV

Quote:
Roseanne - I always cringe the second the opening note from this show plays and I really disliked the final version w/ lyrics.
I didn't like the Rosanne song either!

Quote:
Full House - theme gets my your nerves after excessive listenings
Oh man, that's SO true! I have most of the DVD seasons and on EVERY show they have the theme song! I noticed on the Joan of Arcadia Season 1 DVD, the theme song (which I love by the way!) is only on the first episode. That Full House song does get annoying after hearing it 20 or so times; even the chopped up versions!
[/QUOTE]

Other ones I never cared for are Growing Pains and Family Ties, but I loved both shows!

Andrea

September 23, 1961-January 14, 2019

Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #54
phoebe7165
Pop Culture Goddess
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Roseanne - I always cringe the second the opening note from this show plays and I really disliked the final version w/ lyrics.
I liked the theme when it was just instrumental. When lyrics were added, I couldn't listen to it anymore.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #55
phoebe7165
Pop Culture Goddess
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by annball1957
The Big Bang Theory theme song is pretty bad.
Hopefully, when the show has been on for a few years, they'll decide to ditch the intro and just start showing the opening credits during the first scene.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #56
bmasters9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebe7165
I guess that would explain why Friends was on for 10 years, and Two and a Half Men has been on for what's it been, 7 years now?

I have to say that I got a little sick of "I'll be there for you", too. I'll watch the 1st scene, then when they go into the theme song, I change the channel.

I actually like the "Men" theme song, especially when they got Charlie, Jon & Angus lip-syncing it.
If the "Two and a Half Men" opening theme floats your boat, it's all good. What you do about "Friends" is something that I would do if I enjoyed the series, which, of course, I, for one, do not. You don't happen to have any of the DVD releases of that series, do you? The reason I ask that is that, if you had the DVD releases, when you heard the first bars of that song, you could probably skip ahead to the next scene (unless I'm mistaken). Is that true?
bmasters9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #57
ekkostar
Coffee, Tea & Larroquette!

Send a message via Yahoo to ekkostar

Good Times. Temporary layoffs, easy credit ripoffs and scratchin' n' surviving are NOT "Good Times".

"All my sitcoms had an audience, with four or five cameras, so working this way has always been appealing to me." - John Larroquette

A living legend, five Emmys and a Tony award! Your favorites could never...

ekkostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #58
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Celebrity

WKRP close and Wonder Years.
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #59
stevea
LITB/FKB/M3S Fan
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety
wow, you are SO right about the last version of the Happy Days theme... I liked Happy Days when it first came on, but only for the first couple of years (basically, while the main guys were still in high school).

But the other morning, my wife was watching a show early in the morning. After her show was over, Happy Days came on, and the TV was still running.. and they played the last version of the theme song...omg, that was horrible! I'd stopped watching Happy Days a long time ago, and never even knew that version existed... that version definitely belongs in the pantheon of bad TV theme song performances... wow, was that ever bad!!
Amen to Happy Days final season. What were they thinking? They should have left well enough alone. Also, although it wasn't bad, there was no need to change the Diff'rent STrokes theme for the final season, either.
stevea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #60
ekkostar
Coffee, Tea & Larroquette!

Send a message via Yahoo to ekkostar

Not necessarily DISLIKE, but the second season variation of the Muppet Babies end music makes me rather sad because it retained the music (VERY 80s music) from a practically non-existent show (Little Muppet Monsters) at the end. It disturbs me slightly to think that I've been hearing a montage of a theme to a show that basically did not exist for 20+ years. I did catch the pilot for LMM on YouTube and I thought it was rather weird for a kids' show. No wonder it didn't work out.
ekkostar is offline   Reply With Quote