Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Theme Song Lyrics: Requests and Archive

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-12-2005, 05:56 PM   #16
Mecca
<3 Lee & Amanda!
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
There's been so much talk about the Fresh Prince and the Wonder Years on this thread, I might add a theme I really hate:

Does anybody besides me remember how crappy and truly horrbile the theme and show to "Dear John" was? The opening was reeeeeeaaaaaallly sucky! But not as sucky as those lyrics the woman sings! Deeeeeaar John! Deeeeaar John! Ugh! Does anyone else remember that PoS!

Here's another one I hated just as much as Dear John: The theme for "That '70s Show", especially the version with Cheap Trick.

Those are just two of my most hated themes EVER!
I rather liked the Dear John theme song..."Dear John. Dear John. By the time you read these lines I'll be gone". I can see why some would hate it. The woman sang it in a pretty high pitch.

I grew tired of the Friends theme song. Especially after the made a music video of it. Now I don't even want to hear it when it comes on the TV.
Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:32 AM   #17
PrettyinPink55
Forum Legend

The Rossanne theme song annoys the heck out of me!
Especially the laugh at the end!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:08 AM   #18
Tweety
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
Actually I know what you mean about TWY's theme song, but Joe Cocker's version is considered a classic as much as the Beatles is. Guess you had to live in that time to appreciate Joe!!

Actually, I did live in that time (graduated HS in 78...when I was born, the 1950s still had a couple of weeks left, and I remember Joe Cocker very well... a lot of my friends liked him, but I couldn't stand his voice... he just never impressed me at all...never understood the appeal.

But you are right...I know a lot of friends of mine just raved about Joe Cocker. One friend in paticular kept asking me if I'd ever heard Joe Cocker,and kept pestering me to listen to one of his records... I don't remember which one, but when I did finally hear it, I thought, "what's the big deal about this guy?"...
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:33 AM   #19
belladiva
Pop Culture Junkie
Occasional Poster

The Full House theme gets on my nerves. I think my list is Full House, Boy Meets World and the last version of the Happy Days theme. That might be very picky of me but if you listen to it it's awful. I also don't like the Wonder Years theme. I'm a fan of the Beatles version , but then again I just don't like anything Joe Cocker sings so I'm slightly biased.

Last edited by belladiva; 06-15-2005 at 09:29 AM. Reason: my awful grammar
belladiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:18 AM   #20
Tweety
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladiva
The Full House theme gets on my nerves. I think my list is Full House, Boy Meets World and the last version of the Happy Days theme. That might be very picky of me but if you listen to it it's awful. I also don't like the Wonder Years theme. I'm a fan of the Beatles version better, but then again I just don't like anything Joe Cocker sings so I'm slightly biased.
wow, you are SO right about the last version of the Happy Days theme... I liked Happy Days when it first came on, but only for the first couple of years (basically, while the main guys were still in high school).

But the other morning, my wife was watching a show early in the morning. After her show was over, Happy Days came on, and the TV was still running.. and they played the last version of the theme song...omg, that was horrible! I'd stopped watching Happy Days a long time ago, and never even knew that version existed... that version definitely belongs in the pantheon of bad TV theme song performances... wow, was that ever bad!!
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:18 PM   #21
jrb_wi
Occasional Poster

Oh yeah, the Roseanne theme also. It started out all right the first few years but went downhill starting maybe 1994 or so. Especially the last season. I think they actually did lyrics! That just ruined it (but hey, the show itself was ruined by that time).
Old 07-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #22
megamanj2004

Oh yeah, the Roseanne theme also. It started out all right the first few years but went downhill starting maybe 1994 or so. Especially the last season. I think they actually did lyrics! That just ruined it (but hey, the show itself was ruined by that time).

Yep. It actually did! The lyrics were sung by John Popper.
megamanj2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #23
megamanj2004

I've just heard the theme to The Ropers and boy did that sounded horrible or what?!
megamanj2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #24
Southern Hellraiser
Forum Celebrity

Who's The Boss
The Cosby Show (that Tropical Dance theme)
Old 08-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #25
AD FAN
American Dreams
Frequent Poster

I don't really like the "Joey" theme song.
AD FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #26
sarastiles
Sara Bauer..Maverick
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to sarastiles Send a message via MSN to sarastiles Send a message via Yahoo to sarastiles

That reminds me, I love Nip\Tuck but I can't stand that stupid song! A Beautiful Lie or w/e it is called!! Sean is hott lol!
sarastiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #27
GeorgiaboyJeff!
Forum Regular

All In The family - I like the show but hearing Edith sing in that out of pitch tune annoys the crap out of me... I have to change the channel & zoom back in when it finishes just to avoid it!

Roseanne - Ugh... always hated this theme song, no matter what season.Probably because I don't really like country music at all!

One On One - Just a boring theme song.....
GeorgiaboyJeff! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:39 PM   #28
WhoStheBoss_Fan
I Love Jenna Elfman
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to WhoStheBoss_Fan Send a message via Yahoo to WhoStheBoss_Fan

the stupid cosby show song!!!
WhoStheBoss_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #29
EmpressDR
Frequent Poster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Does anybody besides me remember how crappy and truly horrbile the theme and show to "Dear John" was? The opening was reeeeeeaaaaaallly sucky! But not as sucky as those lyrics the woman sings! Deeeeeaar John! Deeeeaar John! Ugh! Does anyone else remember that PoS!

I recall turning on the TV at the same time I always had, to see the syndicated "Taxi," while I was still snuggled in bed, just listening, not watching, and could hear that theme song and Judd Hirsch's voice, and thought it was another episode of Taxi, yet couldn't figure out who the other characters were. I dozed off, and this went on for quite a few mornings, until I figured it out. I hadn't recalled that show at all, when it was originally on. But I resented the local channel replacing Taxi with it!

:2mad

EmpressDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #30
DJM77
Forum 4K Club Member

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

I agree. The Who's The Boss theme was horrible. Friends theme was terrible. What I Like About You theme is almost as awful as the show itself. More often than not the instrumental themes are far better than the ones with words.