Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Theme Song Lyrics: Requests and Archive

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-24-2001, 03:15 PM   #1
Will
Frequent Poster

Question Which theme song do you DISLIKE the most?

Which theme song do you hate?
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:41 AM   #2
Belair
Back@SO&Loveit!
Forum Veteran

The Wonder Years.As much as I love the show,I could'nt stand the theme song.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
Tweety
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Princess of Belair
The Wonder Years.As much as I love the show,I could'nt stand the theme song.
That song was much better when the Beatles did it...Joe Cocker sucks
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:01 AM   #4
MariposaLKB
She flies alone
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MariposaLKB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety
That song was much better when the Beatles did it...Joe Cocker sucks
OMG I agree! Ringo was not the best singer in the group, but I liked his version MUCH better!

As for other theme songs I dislike, I was annoyed by the one from Seinfeld. I know, it wasn't really a "song" and didn't last long--but maybe those things were the problem. And although I looooove Will Smith and Fresh Prince of Belair was one of my favorites, I didn't care for hearing that song every week LOL! It was cute and funny a few times, then it started to grate!

Reaching back a bit, the theme to Welcome Back Kotter was another one that was overplayed (on the radio, even!) and began to get on my nerves.
But no one ever listens...

-Butterfly (Mariposa)
MariposaLKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:43 AM   #5
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Fanatic

Actually I know what you mean about TWY's theme song, but Joe Cocker's version is considered a classic as much as the Beatles is. Guess you had to live in that time to appreciate Joe!!

The one I CAN'T STAND is the theme from The Facts Of Life!!!!

It doesn't surprise me since I can't stand the goof who wrote it either - Alan Thicke! He brags that it took him only minutes to write - no sh*t sherlock!! It sounds like it too! And could they find more annoying singers??!! ARRRGH!

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:45 AM   #6
MariposaLKB
She flies alone
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
Actually I know what you mean about TWY's theme song, but Joe Cocker's version is considered a classic as much as the Beatles is. Guess you had to live in that time to appreciate Joe!!
TripperFan, I took a look to see if you posted the year you were born on your profile, and OMG I am older than you (though it pains me to have to admit it LOL)! I remember Joe Cocker, just never did like his voice.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:59 AM   #7
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariposaLKB
TripperFan, I took a look to see if you posted the year you were born on your profile, and OMG I am older than you (though it pains me to have to admit it LOL)! I remember Joe Cocker, just never did like his voice.

I didn't think ANYONE was older than me on these boards!! Sometimes it feels like it!!

Yeah, it had to grow on me, and even at that, I still scratch my head as to how he got to be so famous with that scratchy voice! I guess I was influenced a bit by an older brother's girlfriend who just loved him. I like Little Help better than his version of "You Are So Beautiful" but that was a top 10 hit???? Go figure!! I always liked Belushi's take on him on SNL tho!

I think why that song got used is because it was from the period - everyone knew the song and its about "friends" which is the central focus of the show -Kevin growing up and interacting with friends. I'm sure they would have used the Beatles version had they been allowed, but before McCartney "sold his soul to the devil" (MJ buying the Beatles catalog) they didn't allow their music to be played for commercial purposes. Hence, the use of Cocker's version.

Hey - as popular as they are, I still scratch my head over some of Janis' songs and for the life of me, can't see what everyone sees in Alanis Morrisette (sp?) (Her voice is like nails on a blackboard to me - luckiest Canadian on earth)!!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:03 AM   #8
MariposaLKB
She flies alone
Forum 3K Club Member

Oh I know, don't get me started on the vast majority of the people who have become popular singers--especially in recent years LOL!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:09 AM   #9
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariposaLKB
Oh I know, don't get me started on the vast majority of the people who have become popular singers--especially in recent years LOL!

Thank God there's someone else out there like me!! I cringe at the crap that's popular especially today! Makes me wonder what's happened to the music industry.

I must be the only person who doesn't like Prince either! Especially that "When Doves Fly" (or something like that)? Where the hell did that voice come from? Even women can't "sing" that high? He doesn't need any fans - he loves himself enough for everyone!!

hhhmmmmmmm....I'm thinking this could make a whole new thread!!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:13 AM   #10
MariposaLKB
She flies alone
Forum 3K Club Member

Yeah, I think we've gone a bit off topic here LOL...sorry everyone!
Old 04-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #11
megamanj2004

Default Which theme song do you DISLIKE the most? Reply to Thread

There's been so much talk about the Fresh Prince and the Wonder Years on this thread, I might add a theme I really hate:

Does anybody besides me remember how crappy and truly horrbile the theme and show to "Dear John" was? The opening was reeeeeeaaaaaallly sucky! But not as sucky as those lyrics the woman sings! Deeeeeaar John! Deeeeaar John! Ugh! Does anyone else remember that PoS!

Here's another one I hated just as much as Dear John: The theme for "That '70s Show", especially the version with Cheap Trick.

Those are just two of my most hated themes EVER!
megamanj2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:02 AM   #12
Number 9 Dream
That '70s Girl
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Number 9 Dream Send a message via Yahoo to Number 9 Dream

Sanford and Son's theme song SUCKS

Live a little
be a gypsy
get around

http://www.librarything.com/profile/skelterhelter

http://retrogirl82.dvdaf.com/owned

formerly Retrogirl82
Number 9 Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:48 AM   #13
jrb_wi
Occasional Poster

I could NOT STAND Gimme a Break's theme. I know someone who always used to say, "I'll give ya a break... in your teeth!" to the TV whenever that song came on.

The Facts of Life was also bad. What was it with NBC and the early 80s themes? (Except for CHiPs... that rocked.)
Old 05-01-2005, 12:09 AM   #14
megamanj2004

OMG! Don't even remind me of that PoS! I can't stand Nell's screeching voice in that song! Same way w/ Linda Lavin & Alice. (No offense, but I don't like Linda Lavin singing that theme.)
megamanj2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #15
Classicshowsgurl15
Happy Days

Send a message via AIM to Classicshowsgurl15

Probably Roseanne or Fresh Prince of Belair
“All our young lives we search for someone to love, someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope, all the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there's someone perfect who might be searching for us.” - The Wonder Years
Classicshowsgurl15 is offline   Reply With Quote