Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Theme Song Lyrics: Requests and Archive

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #31
TV Knowledge Fan

Default ...and by the way, 'james'....

....you'll have to wait until the DVD box sets of "TAXI" are released to see the full one-minute opening theme and title of virtually every episode (if they haven't been, already!). I can't stand those 30 second "reissue" titles!!

TV Knowledge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #32
TV Knowledge Fan

Default ...and then there's.......

.....a few other random notes:

*"THE MONKEES" was specifically created to generate radio airplay with the songs "performed" on the show, concurrently released on Colgems records {the label of the TV show's studio, Screen Gems/Columbia}. All of the songs heard on the show were written especially for the group, including the theme by the group's "architects", Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart.

*"THE LONE RANGER" used Rossini's "William Tell Overture" because the radio show had used that as its theme since the series began in 1933- and primarily because of economic measures; it was cheaper to use "public domain" symphonic works as musical cues for the radio show, as George Washington Trendle, owner of WXYZ in Detroit [where the show originated] and the owner of "The Lone Ranger" until he sold out to Jack Wrather in 1955, was a cheapskate himself. He had a complete transcription package of classical music cues (and some of the Republic "Lone Ranger" serial scores) recorded in Mexico in 1940- from then until the radio show ceased production in 1954, that music was used on every radio AND TV episode. You've heard those cues a million times, I'll bet! And it wasn't until the final TV season in 1956-'57 that Wrather commissioned new music for the episodes HE produced- the theme was still the same, as it was too well known to be re-recorded.

And don't forget that, during the first few episodes of "EVENING SHADE" in 1990, Fats Domino's recording of "Blueberry Hill" was used as the opening theme.
TV Knowledge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:38 PM   #33
megamanj2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Knowledge Fan
...Bob James' arrangement of "THE BOB NEWHART SHOW" theme {"Home To Emily"} wasn't used until the beginning of the fourth [1975-'76] season, thank you for confirming that, 'megaman'!

Thanks in a bunch!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #34
jpcanes

Married With Children: "Love And Marriage" - Frank Sinatra
Old 06-30-2006, 09:36 PM   #35
Mrgman
Forum Regular

Dawson's creek ( I don't wanna wait)
Cops (Bad Boys)
Mrgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #36
megamanj2004

Pardon me if anyone has already said this one, but I just heard the theme song that was used on this show called China Beach on the radio and that song, too was heard on radio, before it was heard on TV.

So, China Beach's theme song.
megamanj2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #37
fullhousefan91619
Frequent Poster

What I Like About You- What I Like About You by The Romantics (Covered by Lillax)

Also, the theme song for Reba "I'm a Survivor", was originally a CD song, but the show's theme has some lyric change from the original.

The CD Version:
I was born three months too early
The doctor gave me thirty days
But I must have had my Mama's will
And God's amazing grace

I guess I'll keep on livin'
Even if this love's to die for
Cause your bags are packed and I ain't cryin'
You're walkin' out and I'm not tryin'
To change your mind cause I was born to be

The baby girl without a chance
A victim of circumstance
The one who out to give up
But she's just too hard headed
A single mom who works two jobs
Who loves her kids and never stops
With gentle hands and the heart of fighter
I'm a survivor

I don't believe in self pity
It only brings your down
Maybe the queen of broken hearts
But I don't hide behind the crown
When the deck is stacked against me
I just play a different game

My roots are planted in the past
Although my life is changin' fast
Who I am is who I wanna be

The baby girl without a chance
A victim of circumstance
The one who out to give up
But she's just too hard headed
A single mom who works two jobs
Who loves her kids and never stops
With gentle hands and the heart of fighter
I'm a survivor

The Shows:
My roots are planted in the past. Though my life is changing fast. Who I am is who I wanna be. A single mom who works too hard who loves her kids and never stops, with gentle hands and the heart of a fighter. I'm a Survivor.
fullhousefan91619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #38
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Icon

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
Actually S.W.A.T. was really done by Barry De Vorzon, who also co-wrote the theme song to the Young and the Restless w/ Perry Botkin, Jr. (who also did the theme to Mork and Mindy)
Barry De Vorzon is correct although he was credited as Rhythm Heritage. The Theme from S.W.A.T also holds the distinction of being the first tv theme to hit #1 on the Billboard singles charts.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #39
88keys
Frequent Poster

All of the C.S.I.'s use popular songs by The Who. "Who Are You," "Bob O'Reilly" (Teenage Wasteland), and...and that other one.

I think the theme song to Ed was released by the Foo Fighters before the show ever aired. I'm not sure of the title. "In the Sky Tonight," maybe?
88keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #40
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Addict

Everybody Loves Raymond used The Steve Miller Band's "Jungle Love" as their theme for a little while.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #41
megamanj2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Actually, it was Joey Scarbury who sang that song.

Mike Post, OTOH, did the theme song for Hill Street Blues from about the same time.

Good songs!
Speaking of Mike Post, it's ironic how during early to mid 1981, he was really hard at work composing three TV theme songs for three networks simultaneously.

Magnum, P.I. (started in the 2nd half of S1 in early 1981); CBS
Hill Street Blues; NBC
Greatest American Hero, The; ABC
Old 01-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #42
megamanj2004

Young and the Restless, The - show started on March 26, 1973, but the theme song actually started in 1971 as "Nadia's Theme."
Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #43
MariposaLKB
She flies alone
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MariposaLKB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88keys
All of the C.S.I.'s use popular songs by The Who. "Who Are You," "Bob O'Reilly" (Teenage Wasteland), and...and that other one.

Who Are You is the theme of the original CSI, Baba O'Reilly (points, though, for knowing that the title is not Teenage Wasteland LOL!) is the theme for CSI:NY, and Won't Get Fooled Again is the theme for Miami.
But no one ever listens...

-Butterfly (Mariposa)
MariposaLKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #44
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Addict

Where You Lead, from Carole King's 1971 album Tapestry, was later used as the theme song for Gilmore Girls.
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #45
88keys
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariposaLKB
Who Are You is the theme of the original CSI, Baba O'Reilly (points, though, for knowing that the title is not Teenage Wasteland LOL!) is the theme for CSI:NY, and Won't Get Fooled Again is the theme for Miami.
Blame Mr 88Keys- he always said it was Bob!

And the theme from Ed is called "Next Year." Duh. Don't know why I couldn't remember it earlier; I love that song!
88keys is offline   Reply With Quote