Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Three's Company (Sitcoms Online) / PB's Three's Company Page: Jack's Bistro / Three's Company links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Three's Company Photo Gallery

Three's Company - Season 1

Buy Three's Company - Season 1 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 2

Buy Three's Company - Season 2 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 3

Buy Three's Company - Season 3 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 4

Buy Three's Company - Season 4 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 5

Buy Three's Company - Season 5 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 6

Buy Three's Company - Season 6 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 7

Buy Three's Company - Season 7 on DVD
Three's Company - Season 8

Buy Three's Company - Season 8 on DVD
Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Jack's Favroties

Buy Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Jack's Favorites on DVD
Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Janet's Favroties

Buy Three's Company - Capturing the Laughter - Janet's Favorites on DVD
Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection

Buy Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Three's Company

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV Network Halloween Schedule; HBO Max Renews The Other Two for Third Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 27, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Night Court Reboot Gets Series Order; Season Premiere Date Set for The Orville
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso Wins Big at The Emmys; CBS Expands Ghosts Premiere to One-Hour; Remembering Willie Garson of Sex and the City, Director Jay Sandrich
TBS, TNT and truTV Launch Fall-O-Ween, a Programming Block of Halloween Classics; HBO Max Comedy from Mindy Kaling Debuts November 18
Paramount+ Renews Rugrats for 2nd Season; Eva Longoria Producing Disney Sci-Fi Comedy
Family Guy, King of the Hill, The Cleveland Show and Futurama Joining FXX; HBO Max's Ten Year Old Tom Details

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June-September)

Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Deluxe Edition (100 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/20 - The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Standard Edition (50 Episodes) (Time Life)
08/24 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season 2
09/07 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
09/21 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-25-2021, 01:02 AM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Default So when Suzanne Somers was fired why couldnt they get the actress who played Elenenor

was it that important to have another blonde?? I like the lady who played elenenor, she was a good actress. If they felt suzanne was not the star of the show then why was they trying to get someone similar??
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:14 AM   #2
TVLegend

And most importantly, why the hell was she still in the opening credits by Season 5? It was too late for Jenilee to be added by Season 6.
TVLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:18 AM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLegend View Post
And most importantly, why the hell was she still in the opening credits by Season 5? It was too late for Jenilee to be added by Season 6.
No the contract dispute started in season 5 and Jenilee was added in season 6
Old 07-25-2021, 01:22 AM   #4
TVLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan View Post
No the contract dispute started in season 5 and Jenilee was added in season 6
Jenilee was added in the middle of Season 5 almost, and Suzanne Somers wasn’t appearing in that many shows that season, so it should’ve been Cindy with a credit. What if someone who had never seen Three’s Company for the first time finally saw an episode from Season 5? I’m sure these questions would come up:

Why didn’t this Chrissy girl appear in more episodes?

Why is goofy ass Cindy dominating the episodes?

How come Chrissy has a credit but Cindy doesn’t?

Why is Chrissy doing over-the-phone scenes?
TVLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 01:26 AM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Jenilee was added in the middle of Season 5 almost, and Suzanne Somers wasn’t appearing in that many shows that season, so it should’ve been Cindy with a credit. What if someone who had never seen Three’s Company for the first time finally saw an episode from Season 5? I’m sure these questions would come up:

I meant added to opening credits
Old 07-25-2021, 01:27 AM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Quote:

Those are all the questions I asked when I watched TC for first time lol
Old 07-26-2021, 11:51 PM   #7
Mace Dolex

Going back on topic, the actress playing Eleanor was ok but wouldn't have worked if she was added as Chrissy's replacement, her character seemed equal to Janet's personality and the trio needed a different personality to fill the "dimwit" role.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:05 AM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Going back on topic, the actress playing Eleanor was ok but wouldn't have worked if she was added as Chrissy's replacement, her character seemed equal to Janet's personality and the trio needed a different personality to fill the "dimwit" role.
Seems to me if a certain actress was fired, the producers would want to hire someone the complete opposite as her to show she is not as powerful as she think she is. I mean if they was going to replace why not completely ERASE?

Have a different personality that's not dumb
Old 07-27-2021, 03:15 AM   #9
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Suzanne still had a contract; if they had removed her from the opening credits, she could have sued the producers. Indeed, I believe she did sue the producers for writing her out of three episodes (and I think after arbitration, they had to pay her for one episode). I don't think they dared remove her from the credits until the dispute was settled.. and she did appear (albeit briefly, in the "Chrissy minutes") in some episodes. Once things were finalized, and Suzanne's contract was nullified, the producers of course removed her from the opening credits... but by then, the season was over.

This was a little different than The Dukes of Hazzard, when the Duke boys were removed from the credits during their salary renegotiations: they didn't appear at all until the end of the season, when they returned to the opening credits (along with their clones).

In the first case, Suzanne was still on the show, and had a contract; in the second, Wopat and Schneider were no longer on the show, and only returned once they had signed new contracts.
RetroGuy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:25 AM   #10
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:
Eleanor was nowhere NEAR hot enough to be one of the 3 roomates.

What do Cindy & Terri have in common? As Jack & Larry would say they're both GORGEOUS!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:35 AM   #11
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
Eleanor was nowhere NEAR hot enough to be one of the 3 roomates.

What do Cindy & Terri have in common? As Jack & Larry would say they're both GORGEOUS!
I think Chrissy's friend the 100 dollar Call Girl and Rita who jack met at the skating ring was both way hotter than Terri and Cindy
Old 08-01-2021, 02:48 AM   #12
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:
I think Chrissy's friend the 100 dollar Call Girl and Rita who jack met at the skating ring was both way hotter than Terri and Cindy
Rita was hotter but not the call girl.

I can't believe someone as HOT as Tori Lysdahl (Rita) didn't do more with her career!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:00 PM   #13
TheLittleFaerie
Forum Regular

Quote:
was it that important to have another blonde?? I like the lady who played elenenor, she was a good actress. If they felt suzanne was not the star of the show then why was they trying to get someone similar??
I think because they needed another "blonde ditz" I think Elenenor was too similar to Janet personality wise.
TheLittleFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:17 PM   #14
Wawwie
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
That makes sense. Elenor's personality was grounded like Janet. They needed an opposite like clutzy Cindy.
Wawwie is online now   Reply With Quote