Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #61
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Yeah, can you even imagine that whole "discovering of the body" scenario?

Here's poor Don, who's just discovered his best pal in the whole world, dead in bed, rotting for days, stinking, gooey, and probably more disgusting of a sight than any person outside a coronor's office has ever witnessed...

Yet calm, collected Don realized that this is a solemn and reverent time. And in that room of stench, blood, and dripping body fluids, he takes time to say a prayer over the horrifically decomposing body of his friend.

And only after that holy ritual does he call the family.

BS! Is that what YOU or I would do upon discovering the body of a dear friend in such nightmarish circumstances?

Heck no! First, we'd probably vomit. Then we'd run out of the house and call the cops at another location to get away from the stench of death and swarming flies that are remininding us that there's the dead rotting body of our friend upstairs.
This.

Also, I found it odd that he called the family so quickly, or even at all. Why not have the police call them? or at least, wait until he had composed himself and could break the news a little more calmly. I'd have to be very close to a family to feel the need to make that phone call myself. It seems like he really tried to insert himself into the case as much as possible.
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:00 AM   #62
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

The whole "I said a prayer" thing is such an obvious lie. If it happened anything like they did it in the re-enactment, then how in the world could he have seen the body (imo, he had to have smelled it way before he ever "discovered" it, so he knew what he was gonna find upstairs), then been composed enough to have said a prayer, and finally, run out of the room and call the family while being completely not composed and blabbing on about exit wounds?

If we're to believe his version, he opened the door to the house and didn't smell the obvious. He then, unexpectedly, found his friend really dead in the upstairs bedroom, but since he knew that there was nothing he could do for eric, he stayed composed long enough to say a prayer. Then, he left the room, and nearly in hysterics, he calls eric's family to tell them what's happened.

How did he go from calm at the sight of such horror to nearly losing it a short while later while on the phone delivering the news?

Shouldn't that be reversed? Shouldn't he have been calm while calling the family, but then freaked out when he saw eric in the condition he was in? If the guy isn't guilty, he's the creepiest nut in the bunch.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #63
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
The whole "I said a prayer" thing is such an obvious lie. If it happened anything like they did it in the re-enactment, then how in the world could he have seen the body (imo, he had to have smelled it way before he ever "discovered" it, so he knew what he was gonna find upstairs), then been composed enough to have said a prayer, and finally, run out of the room and call the family while being completely not composed and blabbing on about exit wounds?

If we're to believe his version, he opened the door to the house and didn't smell the obvious. He then, unexpectedly, found his friend really dead in the upstairs bedroom, but since he knew that there was nothing he could do for eric, he stayed composed long enough to say a prayer. Then, he left the room, and nearly in hysterics, he calls eric's family to tell them what's happened.

How did he go from calm at the sight of such horror to nearly losing it a short while later while on the phone delivering the news?

Shouldn't that be reversed? Shouldn't he have been calm while calling the family, but then freaked out when he saw eric in the condition he was in? If the guy isn't guilty, he's the creepiest nut in the bunch.
Maybe by "said a prayer" he meant that he screamed "HOLY SH*T!" and ran outside?

I completely agree with you. Dude always struck me as a weirdo and guilty as hell.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:10 PM   #64
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bates
Maybe by "said a prayer" he meant that he screamed "HOLY SH*T!" and ran outside?

I completely agree with you. Dude always struck me as a weirdo and guilty as hell.
Don: "dear god, holy sh*t, amen"

LOL okay, you got me with that one!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #65
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

I don't understand this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityofEvil
To think if they didn't burn the evidence I wouldn't be sitting here thinking about Eric. I would be talking to him.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:52 PM   #66
CityofEvil
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Kneivel
I don't understand this statement.
Hahaha yeah I was half awake when I wrote that last night.. lol.. What I meant was if they didn't burn the evidence then I wouldn't be thinking about how much it sucks that his murder has never been solved. I would just remember how he impacted my life not wondering who killed him.
CityofEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:37 AM   #67
shanejm
Frequent Poster

I have a question about this case. I know it was assumed that Eric's death was natural causes then later probable murder...but has anyone ever heard of the police checking for blood spatter on the walls and carpets and ceiling? Or was it all washed away by Don Dixon after the bed was removed. Because they can gain a lot of insight about the killer with that information...you can often time get height and almost always get positioning and distance just based on spatter. Has anyone heard anything about this forensic tool at all. It could have been valuable...then again...the police didn't seem to competent.
shanejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #68
Mastermind

Quote:
I have a question about this case. I know it was assumed that Eric's death was natural causes then later probable murder...but has anyone ever heard of the police checking for blood spatter on the walls and carpets and ceiling? Or was it all washed away by Don Dixon after the bed was removed. Because they can gain a lot of insight about the killer with that information...you can often time get height and almost always get positioning and distance just based on spatter. Has anyone heard anything about this forensic tool at all. It could have been valuable...then again...the police didn't seem to competent.
I'm under the assumption that blood splatter evidence is non-existent due to the bed being burned.

I've always thought that a pillow or blanket was used to cover Eric's head while the shots were fired. That would mean that there would be very little blood splatter (where that blanket or pillow has wound up is another question)

Height of the killer may be moot, because there is a lot of evidence to point toward this being a professional hit. All the info you would have would just tell you the height of the hitmen., not the person who hired him.

Especially in Sheriff Wampler's case. He could easily have had a deputy or criminal do the shooting,
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #69
RightOnDude
Forum Regular

Horrible liars always talk too much when they're lying.

Don Dixon telling the sister that "THERE ARE NO EXIT WOUNDS!!!" right after "discovering" the body is an example of such. No one, NO ONE, not even a moron piece of crap loser social outcast murdering scum would say something like that if they had just "discovered" the body of their "best friend" ... and that's not even taking into account the above poster's observations about the physical state of a 5 day old corpse.

Eric's sister was right that it didn't make sense and justified in that statement setting off alarms.
RightOnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #70
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

I just had a random theory pop into my head, and thought I'd go ahead and toss it out here. I've kinda struggled to come up with a motive for Don Dixon to kill Eric, beyond the "creepy wanna be friend goes nuts" angle. Which, of course is certainly possible.

What if Don Dixon had expressed sexual/romantic feelings for Eric and been rejected? Then, either hurt by the rejection or afraid that Eric would "out" him, he goes over to his house and kills him.

(I certainly don't mean the above as some slur against any sexual orientation, by the way. But Lord knows that rejected affections have been motive for plenty of crimes.)

Just something my allergy-medicated mind came up with tonight.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #71
shanejm
Frequent Poster

That subject of homosexuality has been brought up before and is very plausible. I tend to think that a "crush" turned into an obsession and when Eric didn't even respond well to a friendship with Don...Don just started to lose it. He may or may not have been stalking Eric (eg. the doorbell ringing and misc. sounds.) A stalker may often times push themselves into the lives of the people they are stalking...and after Eric's death we see this in the form of Don calling Eric his best friend/close friend. The problem with this case is that the evidence is gone...to much was tampered with and there is just everyone's word against the other. It is a true who done it...even though there is one person who obviously sticks out from the rest. In my opinion... a homosexual crush could VERY well have been the motive. But we may never know the truth.

...ans ms___bates...no worried on offending anyone. I'm gay and didn't find anything you said to be offending!
shanejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #72
Mastermind

Quote:
g Eric (eg. the doorbell ringing and misc. sounds.) A stalker may often times push themselves into the lives of the people they are stalking...and after Eric's death we see this in the form of Don calling Eric his best friend/close friend. The problem with this case is that the evidence is gone...to much was tampered with and there is just everyone's word against the other. It is a true who done it...even though there is one person who obviously sticks out from the rest. In my opinion... a homosexual crush could VERY well have been the motive. But we may never know the trut
h.

Not that this means anything but I do believe that Don Dixon was married at the time. Anyone verify if that was true?

You don't necessarily have to be gay to have an obsession with another man. We've all heard of the "man crush" and "bromances"(sorry I had to say that one ) We all know the phenomenon of the "geek" that hangs around the "jock" to try to be as cool as him. Think about those guys that hang around in entourages for male stars.

As suspicious as Don Dixon was, I don;t see Don as being the type to pull of that type of crime. I still tend to think that Eric's murder was a professional hit, so maybe Don Dixon hired someone. Maybe he hired sheriff's deputies.

One fault I have with this episode is that UM makes it seem as if there could only be three suspects in this case. If you think about it quite possible there could be other suspects beyond the three profiled.

I also think it's possible that Don Dixon had nothing to do with this case at all. It's possible that Don Dixon has used this murder as an opportunity to show how much of a friend he was to Eric. In a way he gets the friendship now that he never had when Eric was alive.

It is not uncommon to find around murder seens and over-eager witness that wants to help you too much in an investigation. These type of people aren't necessarily perps as much as they are attention-whores.

Last edited by Mastermind; 05-28-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #73
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Mastermind, man are you ever right about the attention whores.

I was reading the "call in" tips to the police department regarding the Darlie Routier case, and it looks like anybody and everybody tried to interject themselves into the investigation.

There were tips that were everything from "I saw a suspicious guy at 2 in the morning a few days ago at a stop light 5 miles from the Routier house" to "a strange homeless guy was looking for work at my office and I think he's a suspect" to "I had a psychic dream" to "check the house for Prozac because that would explain why she killed without motive".

Back to Don and Eric.... Just because Don may have been married doesn't mean he wasn't gay or bi. That happens all the time. Plus, weren't guys in Don's age range more likely to marry to cover up their homosexuality, since they were raised in an era when it was not only not accepted, but the men were shamed and harassed into the closet by family, friends, and society?

It could have just been that he was a possessive "friend", nothing sexual, and he resented Eric spending time with a woman (the night of the murder), or resented Eric spending time with any other friends besides him.

It's a confusing case for sure, regarding the suspects and motives.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:23 PM   #74
lauracrook
celinedionfan89
Frequent Poster

Default burned evidence

omg don dixon is so guilty so much of the evidence points to him. Erics other friends not even knowing who don was what don said to erics sister on the phone about the bullet wounds and agreeing with the sherrif to burn the bed which if you ask me is extremely strange in itself! he even looks like a murderer and he refused to take a polygraph test i mean how much more eveidence do you need? i also agree with the other post about the polynesian woman that eric was seeing it was rumoured that it indeed was the sherrifs wife and the sherrif may have wanted to revenge on eric for having an affair with his wife so he may have something to do with the murder also. One of his statements struck me as being quite an odd thing to say also when he was being interviewed he stated, 'all i can say is that they are looking in the wrong direction' and that to me indicated that he knows what happened to eric and was trying to shift the guilt from himself to others. He said to burn the bed!! he burnt evidence how stupid do you have to be? anyways i could just go on and on about this case as it is very frustrating and the killer should not have gotten away with it. The killer needs to be found!
lauracrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #75
Mastermind

Quote:
omg don dixon is so guilty so much of the evidence points to him. Erics other friends not even knowing who don was what don said to erics sister on the phone about the bullet wounds and agreeing with the sherrif to burn the bed which if you ask me is extremely strange in itself! he even looks like a murderer and he refused to take a polygraph test i mean how much more eveidence do you need?
None of what you stated is evidence. It's circumstantial.