Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes
ABC 2019 Holiday Specials and Episodes; E! Sets Date for Reality Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #16
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Don Dixon is my #1 suspect. Although all three were suspicious, I just didn't buy his story and there was something shady about him. And yes, I did see Joe Wamper on CNN or some channel like that discussing a case. I don't feel he had anything to do with it, besides being an idiot and burning evidence! Okay, well....the more I think about it that is kind of odd...........
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #17
UMfan0682
Frequent Poster

I've stated this in another post a while back, but of all the possible suspects in this case, I found Dixon had one of the strangest comments. When he called Eric's sister, he found the body on the bed, and made the comment "there doesn't appear to be any exit wounds". Just a very strange thing to say after the discovery of a body. The first thing I would have said would be to call the police.
UMfan0682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:03 PM   #18
Titan826
Frequent Poster

This is a very weird case, to say the least. It's pretty obvious that Tamiyasu's friend Eric didn't do it, he had a motive but thats it, never did anything suspicious to incriminate himself, so I would cross him off the list of suspects. Now we're down to Don Dixon and the Sherriff. As for the sherriff, burning the bed was something VERY suspicious, but I think it could have been just a downright stupid thing to do. As for Don Dixon, he made some VERY strange, basically incriminating comments. The strangest of which has to be the comment about there being no exit wounds on the body. Another thing I find strange is his comments about how Eric told him he was seeing a Polynesian woman. It was known that Tamiyasu's friend Eric was a close friend of his yet he knew nothing of a Polynesian women dating Eric. His comment sounds like a comment of someone trying to place the blame on another person. Another theory that is a little out there...remember the case about Brook Baker, the journalism stundent that was murdered in her dorm? There were lots of theories about who murdered her...angry frat students who were pissed because she knew too much about a date rape...her strange landlord who peered into her room at all hours of the day...even her cousin may have "known too much that she wouldnt tell." But as it turned out, a random stranger named Brian something raped and murdered her for no apparent motive. What if Tamiyasu's murder was a random act of violence? It seems a little out there, but I would say its a possibility, although Don Dixon seems to be the biggest suspect.
Titan826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #19
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

I'm still curious about the woman Tamiyasu was seeing in his house the night he died, and the curious tapping that she claims they heard prior to his death. If it's true, I'd think the likeliest motive is someone who was either secretly in love with or had once dated her followed her that night, waited for her to leave, and then got into the Tamiyasu home and shot him.

Of course, we have only her word that even happened. Is it possible she did it, perhaps angry at something he may have said that night (like, "I like you as a friend, but I don't want to date")?

Don Dixon seems very suspiscious, but without any motive, I'm surprised explanations centering around that woman Tamiyasu was with that night and her past relationships were not at least touched upon in the UM segment, or anywhere else that I can find.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #20
Titan826
Frequent Poster

Mozart, you do bring up a few good points about the woman he was seeing, but I really dont think anyone wouls murder someone because he didnt want to go out. Maybe the woman was in on it though, she could have been friends with Don Dixon and he asked if she would tell a story about tapping sounds to bring attention away from Dixon? I really dont know.
Titan826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #21
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

I've always wondered if the "Sherrif Wampler's wife" rumors were going around before or after the murder.

If they were commonplace BEFORE the murder then him ordering the bed to be burned smacks of him trying to destroy any evidence that his wife was ever in that bed. He knows a thorough investigation of the death scene is coming, is as suspicious of his wife as everyone else, perhaps even knows that she has been with Mr, Tomayasou, and wants to avoid any of his wife's hairs, fingerprints, or...ahem...DNA...being discovered on his bed.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:15 AM   #22
ilse
Occasional Poster

Default Eric Tamiyasu

I just got done watching this and decided to search the internet to see if they found out who really murdered him. I really believe Don Dixon murdered Eric. The other two suspects (sheriff and eric) were made suspects because of Don Dixon's stories. I think he made both stories up and was looking to implicate others as suspects to divert suspicion away from him. Don Dixon said he got in the house through the back door with a key that Eric gave him. Why would Eric give him a key? Are any of Eric's friends aware of Don Dixon being an actual friend of Eric's? At the very beginning of the segment, Don Dixon says for several days he had received calls from other people looking for Eric and that's why he went to Eric's house. Was this really true? Who were these people that called him looking for Eric? As far as the sheriff suggesting burning the bed, was it really his idea, or did Don Dixon say something to him or suggest to the sheriff it might be painful for family members to see the bed he died in. I find it odd that the sheriff asked Don Dixon to burn the bed. There's something more to it. I believe it was Don Dixon's idea to burn the bed, but somehow manipulated the sheriff into thinking it was his (sheriff) idea.
ilse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #23
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilse
I just got done watching this and decided to search the internet to see if they found out who really murdered him. I really believe Don Dixon murdered Eric. The other two suspects (sheriff and eric) were made suspects because of Don Dixon's stories. I think he made both stories up and was looking to implicate others as suspects to divert suspicion away from him. Don Dixon said he got in the house through the back door with a key that Eric gave him. Why would Eric give him a key? Are any of Eric's friends aware of Don Dixon being an actual friend of Eric's? At the very beginning of the segment, Don Dixon says for several days he had received calls from other people looking for Eric and that's why he went to Eric's house. Was this really true? Who were these people that called him looking for Eric? As far as the sheriff suggesting burning the bed, was it really his idea, or did Don Dixon say something to him or suggest to the sheriff it might be painful for family members to see the bed he died in. I find it odd that the sheriff asked Don Dixon to burn the bed. There's something more to it. I believe it was Don Dixon's idea to burn the bed, but somehow manipulated the sheriff into thinking it was his (sheriff) idea.

I second that. Don Dixon is the only one in the whole segment that points any fingers. And those alligator tears....c'mon now!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #24
JRA2000TL
Frequent Poster

Don Dixon does seem fake. There are quite a few segments on UM where you can look right through some of these people and tell they are lying, and I think he's one of them.
JRA2000TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #25
CityofEvil
Occasional Poster

Well I havent been on here obviously in 2 years.. lol..I was having problems trying to log in with my original screenname DRAGONFLY333221 so I created a new one... and first off I am a girl ...
but nobody has ever been charged in Eric's murder... According to my cousin who was one of Eric's best friends.. They have another suspect and they have had him for a few years now.. but obviously they dont have any evidence thanks to our moronic sheriff.. So sadly this case will probably be remained unsolved.. I still believe it was Dixon based on the way he ran his mouth at Eric's funeral.. I have it on tape somewhere... but yeah who knows.. Hopefully someday they can solve it so it can help all of us who knew Eric justice.. I knew him since I was a baby so it aggravates me that they never talk about it or try to do anything to solve it anymore..

ILSE

Neither my cousin nor his other friends had ever heard of Don until after Eric was murdered... and my cousin talked to Eric at least once or twice a week.. Don didnt hang out with any of them.. and according to Don at Eric's funeral.. He did Landscaping for Eric so that is how he got a key.. but see the alarm never went off... and I knew Eric... he would never have left it off.. and Don was the only one who knew the code besides Eric.. he said so himself.. I personally think they should have got a search warrant for his house... but yeah the cops in Hood River blow... My friends mom has been missing for 3 years and they still havent done jack**** in her case either
CityofEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #26
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityofEvil
Well I havent been on here obviously in 2 years.. lol..I was having problems trying to log in with my original screenname DRAGONFLY333221 so I created a new one... and first off I am a girl ...
but nobody has ever been charged in Eric's murder... According to my cousin who was one of Eric's best friends.. They have another suspect and they have had him for a few years now.. but obviously they dont have any evidence thanks to our moronic sheriff.. So sadly this case will probably be remained unsolved.. I still believe it was Dixon based on the way he ran his mouth at Eric's funeral.. I have it on tape somewhere... but yeah who knows.. Hopefully someday they can solve it so it can help all of us who knew Eric justice.. I knew him since I was a baby so it aggravates me that they never talk about it or try to do anything to solve it anymore..

ILSE

Neither my cousin nor his other friends had ever heard of Don until after Eric was murdered... and my cousin talked to Eric at least once or twice a week.. Don didnt hang out with any of them.. and according to Don at Eric's funeral.. He did Landscaping for Eric so that is how he got a key.. but see the alarm never went off... and I knew Eric... he would never have left it off.. and Don was the only one who knew the code besides Eric.. he said so himself.. I personally think they should have got a search warrant for his house... but yeah the cops in Hood River blow... My friends mom has been missing for 3 years and they still havent done jack**** in her case either
that's interesting thanks for the info.

the sheriff is an idiot and he should be a suspect if he's that stupid to burn evidence. dixon goes without saying and if he were as loving and smart as he thinks he is....he wouldn't of burned the mattress and would have taken the issue to the next level of law enforcement authority. I guess in some way it could be a random act. It could of been someone else not featured on the show. If someone were bothering the girl, she may have known about it and one would think she would of reported it. Who knows. What we do know from the UM seg is that the sheriff and dixon are both idiots(the way the show portrayed them). and both of them should be under investigation.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #27
CityofEvil
Occasional Poster

I dont think it was a random act because where Eric lived was in like the middle of nowhere... well I mean he had this huge area to himself for a mile or so at least.. and to get to his place you had to go up this steep ass hill.. I dont think a robber would be willing to go through all that trouble to rob and kill someone who didnt have nearly as much as most of the people in this town do...
CityofEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #28
wiseguy182

I could see it being Wampler: there weren't any signs of a struggle as I recall, which would make sense since Tamiyasu would naturally figure that he could trust a Sheriff: but us UM fans know better.....ohh, snap!

I'm surprised they didn't play out the random perp angle more, though. That might explain the noises Tamiyasu and his girlfriend heard that night.

one of the more interesting later murder cases, so many possibilities....
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #29
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftentheSilence
This is what I speculate could have happened:

I think that Eric Tamiyasu and Don Dixon had a strictly business related relationship. However, I believe that Dixon felt that their relationship extended to friendship as well. Whether or not Dixon has a lot of friends in the area I don't know, but he comes off as a type of person who might cling to someone who is friendly towards him. My feeling is that at some point, Don Dixon overstepped his boundaries with his relationship with Tamiyasu, causing an argument in which Eric probably told Don that they weren't friends and that Don should back off. Don probably thought that they were good friends while Eric probably saw Don as a rather annoying business associate. I feel that Don Dixon was much more attached to Eric's life than Eric was to Don's.
When Don Dixon realized that Eric didn't see him as the same type of close friend that Don did, he probably plotted to kill Eric. Don then devised a scheme to help place the blame on other people besides him. This would explain why he started the rumor about the sheriff's wife, as well as starting a rumor about a false argument between Eric and his friend Eric Smith.
The bed burning situation, although interesting, can probably be summed up as botched police work. According to UM, the police did not even realize that Eric had been shot until he was examined later on. When police first saw the body, they thought that Eric had died from some natural causes, as the bullet wounds to his head weren't immediately apparent. Now this is where it gets a little nasty...When a dead body just lays in one spot for five days like Eric's did, it decomposes and leaves bodily fluids in the spot where it lies. This means that Eric's bed (the spot where he laid dead) probably had bodily fluids all over it, and it probably had a pretty awful stench to it. According to the UM segment, the sheriff believed that the family would want to be saved from having to see Eric's bodily fluids all over his bed. I know that if a family member of mine died, I wouldn't want to see the area that he/she laid dead for almost a week. I imagine it would be pretty foul. So the sheriff, under the impression that foul play had not occurred decided that there was no reason to keep the bed intact. Once they realized that Eric had been shot, they more than likely kicked themselves for destroying the best piece of evidence they had.
The police were probably lied to by Don Dixon, as he more than likely claimed to be good friends with Eric and offered to assist as needed. When approached by the sheriff to burn the bed, I'm sure Dixon was more than happy to destroy the only piece of evidence they had. From then on, I believe we have seen Don Dixon's attempt to win an academy award. When watching the UM segment, take note of how artificial Don's reaction is when talking about finding Eric's body. When talking about finding his body, Dixon takes what seems to me to be a staged pause-for-crying moment and says "I said a prayer, and then called the police". He looks like he's pretending to get choked up for the camera.
The only person to have claimed anything about the alleged affair or the argument with Eric Smith is Don Dixon. As far as I know, no one else had been told by Eric Tamiyasu that he was seeing a Polynesian, nor had he told anyone else about this supposed argument between him and Eric Smith.
Dixon appears to me to be someone who was living in this fantasy world where he thought that him and Eric were best friends, and when Tamiyasu shattered that fantasy, Don decided that "if he couldn't have Eric as a friend, than no one could".

Very good analysis. My thoughts exactly.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:05 AM   #30
synthisislab
Forum Regular

I just watched this segment and Don Dixon seems to have the most involvement to me. The suspicious way the Sheriff Joe Wampler acted during the initial investigation and in the UM interview casts some suspicion on him as well, but not as much as Don Dixon and the way he interjected himself close into the investigation by finding the body, asking if they had found exit wounds and subsequent comments on examining the body for these exit wounds (even suggesting Eric possibly committing suicide as well), burning the bed (even if it were at the insistence of the man who Don Dixon says Eric had been banging the Sheriff's wife), claiming that he overheard Eric Smith and the victim have a heated argument over some money debt that Don would have never should have interjecting himself into hearing or hear if he was just a casual business associate. It seems that Don Dixon seemed to know a lot more about things than a normal acquaintance or business associate (guy who Eric bought spray from) should have. He had a key to Eric's house and possibly got it made himself from Eric's set after he probably killed him because why would Eric give Don his house key if he was just a passing acquaintance?

So he was the only one in this case that tried to get into the investigation where he didn't belong and who put some blame on the other two suspects in the segment. Also, if what Don Dixon was saying about the other two suspects in the segment were true, then why would he help to cover up what was an obvious murder unless he was involved? I think Don Dixon also brought himself into the UM segment a little too much and it seemed as if he was trying to play sleuth in this case and cast blame on others. I'm surprised that he didn't appear in the segment as himself in the re-enactment.

I also wonder who it was that knocked and left before Eric was able to answer the door and who rang the doorbell later that night and left again while that ladyfriend of Eric's was there with him. It had to be the killer just waiting for Diana Anderson to leave so he would be alone with Eric.

Also, Don Dixon comments in the segment that the only people he knew for sure didn't kill Eric Tamiyasu were he and his wife and that everyone else is a suspect, doesn't that strike any of you as a strange thing to say (to again cast blame on others)? Dude is suspicious as hell throughout this case.
synthisislab is offline   Reply With Quote