Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #136
crochetbuff
Forum Regular

Default Article 2/5/09 at 2:58pm ET

http://www.murfreesboropost.com/news...iewStory=15258
crochetbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #137
crochetbuff
Forum Regular

Default More video

This show more of the original video than the other one, more of the Baskin's talking. You can also see Michael a couple of times.

http://www.wsav.com/sav/news/local/a..._to_wsav/9225/
crochetbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #138
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Wow! I logged in online and this is the first thing I saw on MSN. This is a case I honestly never thought I would see solved. Thank god.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #139
Briony Coote
Forum Regular

I have been checking out the article at the Murfreesoboro Post. Not surprisingly, the Maple relatives are out in force, including our old friend Spit_Fire. They are being joined by people who claim they know Jennifer Bunting. People who say they know the Baskins are among those going against them. I said I wouldn't say anything in reply to the Maple relatives (except to say that I am not interested in arguing with them) so I am keeping out of it.
Briony Coote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #140
Briony Coote
Forum Regular

I wonder why Marvin made that slip which proved his undoing? Was he drunk, did he have a health problem which affected his judgement, or was it just some slip of the tongue?

It is amazing; after all those years of meticulously and cleverly hiding the children, taking all those tips from Faye Yager of the Children of the Underground, eluding police for so many years - just one little slip undoes it all! Still, it is by no means unusual for what would have been the perfect crime to be undone by just one little tiny thing.

If he hadn't made that slip he may still well be hiding with the children. Bet he's really kicking himself for it now! And if Sandra was there she'll probably be hitting him over the head with a rolling pin.

Hey, I wonder what Faye Yager thinks of all this? I read in one article that she was instrumental in hiding the children. She believed the grandparents' claims of child abuse - but according to articles about her, she'll believe anyone who comes up to her and says that, and takes it all at face value.
Briony Coote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #141
UM117
Occasional Poster

As a person who lives in San Jose, its easy for people to just go by unnoticed. The bay area is a big place, San Jose alone has about 1 million people in it. There are some parts of Santa Clara where if you cross the street you're in San Jose. I really think they were in the area in the entire time. To what an earlier poster said regarding Jennifer's college experience, De Anza is a local community college that apparently is one of the best in the state and is located in a suburb of San Jose. SJSU is in the heart of downtown San Jose, so all of this leads me to think that they were in the area the entire time.
UM117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #142
Mystery Lover
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briony Coote
I have been checking out the article at the Murfreesoboro Post. Not surprisingly, the Maple relatives are out in force, including our old friend Spit_Fire. They are being joined by people who claim they know Jennifer Bunting. People who say they know the Baskins are among those going against them. I said I wouldn't say anything in reply to the Maple relatives (except to say that I am not interested in arguing with them) so I am keeping out of it.

WOW! Its getting bad over there!

It was nice to read that the adopted son Paul wrote in though. I feel bad also for him and the other brother Michael.

I pray and hope everyone makes it through this ok.
Mystery Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #143
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

If I worshipped the Devil like MapleFamily I would say I hope "MapleFamily" user on here has a stroke much like Marvin Maple did.

Instead I just hope they have a long miserable life .

God bless you Debbie and Mark Baskin. I hope for a healing with your kids and that you all reunite happily.
everybodylovesrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #144
WongStuff
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UM117
As a person who lives in San Jose, its easy for people to just go by unnoticed. The bay area is a big place, San Jose alone has about 1 million people in it. There are some parts of Santa Clara where if you cross the street you're in San Jose. I really think they were in the area in the entire time. To what an earlier poster said regarding Jennifer's college experience, De Anza is a local community college that apparently is one of the best in the state and is located in a suburb of San Jose. SJSU is in the heart of downtown San Jose, so all of this leads me to think that they were in the area the entire time.
Not only is DeAnza one of the best community college, but it serves about 20,000 students. SJSU serves another 30,000. It's easy to be lost in a crowd of 20,000 students.
WongStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:15 PM   #145
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Lover
WOW! Its getting bad over there!

It was nice to read that the adopted son Paul wrote in though. I feel bad also for him and the other brother Michael.

I pray and hope everyone makes it through this ok.
It's pretty obvious it's one person posting under multiple names. Pretty sick stuff too, IMO. There is so much I want to say but I can't. The biggest thing is this: If the Maples were in the right, why did they flee and keep changing the kids names? Nuff said.

Ahhhh... I just pray so much for the Baskins. The parents and kids are all going to need a lot of time and love to get through this.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #146
UM117
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WongStuff
Not only is DeAnza one of the best community college, but it serves about 20,000 students. SJSU serves another 30,000. It's easy to be lost in a crowd of 20,000 students.
Yea I went to De Anza, its definitely one of those schools where you go to your classes and just go home. Most people don't just sit there and lounge around like at a lot of other colleges.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #147
UM117
Occasional Poster

For those interested

http://cbs5.com/video/?id=45706@kpix.dayport.com
Old 02-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #148
EWfilm
Independent Artist
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to EWfilm

Here are a few additional NBC reports from Santa Clara showing Mark and Debbie Baskin, as well as video of Maple in court.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/weird...South-Bay.html
Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #149
pealo0819
Occasional Poster

On the website for the TN newspaper someone says that The Baskins (parents) accused his father of sexual abuse of Bobby some years before. They also say it is public record. Has anyone ever heard of this?
pealo0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #150
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pealo0819
On the website for the TN newspaper someone says that The Baskins (parents) accused his father of sexual abuse of Bobby some years before. They also say it is public record. Has anyone ever heard of this?

No. And based on many of the other posts there by the "pro-Maples" crowd, I wouldn't believe it. One or more people are going out of their way to make the Maples look like heroes and the Baskins look like evil criminals.

I, for one, don't believe it.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote