Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #91
Mommy2sets
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 30, 2008
Posts: 155
Default

I can see how stabbings could take place downstairs in a 5000 sq ft house and someone sound asleep upstairs not hear it. That doesn't seem too unreasonable to me. The boys were stabbed right in the chest area, so they woudn't have been able to scream (which I think also points to Darlie doing it). The only sounds would have been some struggle, kicking , etc, and the sound of the knife hitting the floor when it went through Devon's body. It seems entirely possible to me someone upstairs in such a large house could have slept through that at 2 AM. Darin later said on a television show that Darlie had slept downstairs separate from him a 'few' times since they had been married. What a coincidence on one of the 'few' times she's downstairs alone with the boys they get slaughtered by a raging child killer in the upscale quiet safe community of Rowlett. Darlie said she was downstairs sleeping because the baby had kept her up the night before by rolling over in the night and causing the crib to squeak. She said she was a light sleeper. That is way more troubling to me... how a Mother, especially a light sleeper, could have slept within a foot of her boys being stabbed and not wake up. I think it's very pssible Darin being upstairs could have slept through it, but Darlie? Comon..that's just very hard to believe. ..and that's what she says. As far as the video, again I think she would have been convicted without it but I really don't know why everyone is so upset about that being introduced into evidence honestly. It shows, as I noticed, that for one if her injury was so bad as she claimed it was completely healed 8 days later. That she didn't seem to be in any pain, had no bandages on her neck, or even any redness or really anything that would indicate such a 'serious' injury 8 days before as she claimed. Remember the Doctor's reports stated her cut was 'superficial to the cartoid artery' yet she was claiming she was 'left for dead' and nearly died, and all that. Also, her credibility and frame of mind is relevant to the case, (I think), and the video was telling since her boys had just been murdered and she was acting that way. If someone collects insurance for an injury and is seen at Disney world a week later seemingly fine and dancing, that can be introduced in court. It's only fair to use info. that shows duplicity if someone is on trial. I know that's not really the same, but the point is it shows that her story about being so seriously injured was not really the case, so just shows more deception. By the way, Darlie still stands by the silly string party at the gravesite, long after the fact (and without any influence of medication!), and has said she would do it again and that she doesn't understand how anyone could be upset by it.
Mommy2sets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #92
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2sets
I can see how stabbings could take place downstairs in a 5000 sq ft house and someone sound asleep upstairs not hear it. That doesn't seem too unreasonable to me. The boys were stabbed right in the chest area, so they woudn't have been able to scream (which I think also points to Darlie doing it). The only sounds would have been some struggle, kicking , etc, and the sound of the knife hitting the floor when it went through Devon's body. It seems entirely possible to me someone upstairs in such a large house could have slept through that at 2 AM. Darin later said on a television show that Darlie had slept downstairs separate from him a 'few' times since they had been married. What a coincidence on one of the 'few' times she's downstairs alone with the boys they get slaughtered by a raging child killer in the upscale quiet safe community of Rowlett. Darlie said she was downstairs sleeping because the baby had kept her up the night before by rolling over in the night and causing the crib to squeak. She said she was a light sleeper. That is way more troubling to me... how a Mother, especially a light sleeper, could have slept within a foot of her boys being stabbed and not wake up. I think it's very pssible Darin being upstairs could have slept through it, but Darlie? Comon..that's just very hard to believe. ..and that's what she says. As far as the video, again I think she would have been convicted without it but I really don't know why everyone is so upset about that being introduced into evidence honestly. It shows, as I noticed, that for one if her injury was so bad as she claimed it was completely healed 8 days later. That she didn't seem to be in any pain, had no bandages on her neck, or even any redness or really anything that would indicate such a 'serious' injury 8 days before as she claimed. Remember the Doctor's reports stated her cut was 'superficial to the cartoid artery' yet she was claiming she was 'left for dead' and nearly died, and all that. Also, her credibility and frame of mind is relevant to the case, (I think), and the video was telling since her boys had just been murdered and she was acting that way. If someone collects insurance for an injury and is seen at Disney world a week later seemingly fine and dancing, that can be introduced in court. It's only fair to use info. that shows duplicity if someone is on trial. I know that's not really the same, but the point is it shows that her story about being so seriously injured was not really the case, so just shows more deception. By the way, Darlie still stands by the silly string party at the gravesite, long after the fact (and without any influence of medication!), and has said she would do it again and that she doesn't understand how anyone could be upset by it.
no way....the video was wrong. you don't do that in a court room. that is the biggest issue that I have with the case. a person's reaction or behavior after the death of a loved one has no bearing on a case(as far as legit factual evidence is concerned that is to be presented in trial). like I said before a detective might use a hunch based on someone's emotions....and it enables him-her to gather other legit evidence against someone....policeman do it all of the time. but you can't use this type of evidence in the court....to establish innocence or guilt. I want to meet the judge who allowed this. the video obviously had an impact on you and others.....and it shouldn't hold any bearing on the case period....other than public opinion. and that is why the video was the most damning evidence and why I feel her hearing was tainted. if they wanted to show her neck movement after the incedent.... they should of taped her in an interragation room moving her neck around for the camera. not showing her neck movement at her child's gravesite.

and something else contradicts....you say she stabbed the kids directly in the chest so they wouldn't of made a lot of noise......yet you said before it appears that the kids must of fought back vigorously to inflict all of those wounds and bruises on darlie. you would think those kids would of been screaming or making enough noise to wake up darlie(as she claims she was sleeping) and her husband. something just doesn't add up in this case. it is all too weird...and the prosecution didn't shut the door completely IMO like they are supposed to. they really made an error with the video.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #93
Mommy2sets
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 30, 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Well you have very strong opinions on the video and that's your right. I still say it did not convict her, the evidence did.

As far as Darlie's bruises, the boys had some wounds indicating a struggle, and Devon had one under his buttocks (he was on his back when attacked) suggesting he kicked hard. Darlie could have gotten bruises there. As far as the screaming, both boys had stabs that penetrated the lungs, so it would have been vey hard for the lungs to get air to scream. It's also possible Darlie held her hand or something else over their mouth to help ensure this, which would account for the bruises on Darlie's hands. There's also some other theories as to her bruises.. !) she banged her forearms repeatedly on the hospital bed (remeber there were no bruises on her body, just lower arms and back of hands). 2) During the 'fight' they had earlier that night Darin bruised Darlie, OR Darin bruised Darlie trying to get the knife away from her after he came downstairs after the murder. "Crimesleuths' did an analysis of the 911 tape with high tech audio devices and said that Darin could be heard saying "put the knife down!" at some point in the tape. It's possible she was attempting to cut herself more (or even Damon again- he did not die quickly) while on the phone with 911, and Darin had to struggle with her and eventually sit on top of her to get the knife (remember her one story of 'pressure on her legs' while she was being attacked). Why Darin hasn't told more if he does know more...who knows. He's a pretty shady guy himself and perhaps he feels somewhat responsible for driving her to it if indeed they did have a big fight where he threatened divorce. ... or maybe he just knows that nothing will bring the boys back but he still has Darlie, and poor Drake to think of who has to be explained to what happened to their brothers (who he adored) and his Mother at some point. He also seems to always believe Darlie no matter how bad she lies and manipulates him (there's a history of this), and maybe really believes she blacked out and doesn't even remember doing it. After the murders she in fact told a couple close friends when they asked her directly "did you do this" ... she replied "I don't know", and "if I did, I don't remember it". (that is from the court transcripts). I'm not exactly sure of his reasons...but he is likely covering for her atleast to some degree. Darin may be shady, and easily (idiotly) manipulated by his conniving wife, but Darlie is the actual psycopath. I'm going to post a link that has a lot more info. to read, and mostly you should read the actual court transcripts as I said. I really don't think you would doubt her innocence if you actually read them. Camp darlie has said, and has paid all kinds of people to say, all kinds of things...but nothing explains the fact that there was no intruder evidence at ALL, that her cells were in the sock, the blood evidence and much more evidence that only point to Darlie. If they had any actual evidence it was Darin they would have charged him too but there was none. It all points straight to Darlie.

All the theories I posted may or not be what actually happened, but there are atleast within the realm of possibility. Her story (all of the many different stories I should say) of the intruder murdering her children, though, is NOT within the realm of possiblity based on the evidence at the house...or even any common sense and logic. Really think about her story, from sleeping through the forceful stabbings of her son a foot away, to not remembering, to her inconsistent injuries compared to the boys' injuries, to not holding her childen as they took their last breath, to worrying about her own fingerprints, to the party and giddyness at the grave of recently slaughtered children, to exploiting her children with pictures of them stabbed and dead, etc, (I could go on and on), does any of that ring true to any parent out there? Really? The real 'mystique' of this case to me is that people continue to believe her. It's amazing the influence some psychopaths can have on people, and the ability to make otherwise normal people take complete leave of their senses and believe, often illogical and completely absurd, lies. Look at the stuff Hitler had so many people believing at one point in time. That is indeed mysterious, and quite scary. Darlie's a killer and though she'll never admit it she should face it for there to be any justice for Devon and Damon. They are the real victims here people seem almost to forget about. IMO the people supporting Darlie are contributing to the injustice of those boys.

Last edited by Mommy2sets; 04-12-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Mommy2sets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #94
ledcollector
Member
First Time Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 17, 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 1
Default

I really hate to get involved in this thread. My opinion won't change any firmly set minds, yet I may get lured into a never-ending argument with complete strangers. However, I feel compelled to react to these two sentences, as I feel they sum up the current argument quite well:

>Well you have very strong opinions on the video and that's your right. I still say it did not convict her, the evidence did.

I agree. Remove the video and they still convict.

And though this will alienate me from 50% of the crowd here, I must state that I am a Liberal and despise overzealous prosecutors that put away innocent people. It happens far too often. This is the kind of case that intrigues (and often infuriates) me, after some careful study of the facts. In this case, I am certain they got it right. Regardless, it is a very sad case.

John
ledcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #95
Samson Simpson
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 18, 2008
Posts: 2
Default

This is just my opinion.

Darren set this up. The murder of his wife. The children just happened to be there.

Motive? Darlie's life insurance policy cashed out at $200,000 to $250,000.

She was meant to die. Her throat was slashed and suppose to kill her. (which explains the slash missing by just inches, if they didn't miss, she would be dead) It didn't (bruises left show the struggle) which rattled everything, she fought for her life and the intruder(s) left.

Once those Rednecks in Texas (POLICE) thought she did it, it was settled.

Follow Darren's track record, company calls, cell phone, etc and I believe you will find the evidence that ties him to this murder. (ex employee, friend who has a criminal record, something is there)

From what I can determine (evidence, transcripts, etc) their marriage was rocky, he probably did make her feel like S**T routinely (over money problems and other personal problems) and probably read that journal entry a month before (manipulators are psycho's) saw a window of opportunity to set this up and did it. (look at his track record with the jaguar and the future "burglary" of his house with a uhaul).

The fact that Darlie is a dingbat and superficial doesn't help her cause.

No way she butchered her children.

You cannot tell me that she planted that sock and did everything else in the time suggested. Not plausible.

And her sister is a jackass as well, bringing silly string is something you just don't do. Common Sense tells you that. That really made her sister look like bad. And again, with that jury in that simple town, the silly string video stuck with them.

It's sad, but that jury are very influenced by media and it's so easily to manipulate that. That silly string did HUGE damage and caused the jury to not look too much further. That jury was thinking with their hearts, not their heads.

Just watch Leeza and that video of the juror. She was so mad and upset, man, I would not want someone like that on my jury.

Just a thought, great thread.
Samson Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #96
crystaldawn
Member
Senior Member
 
crystaldawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson Simpson
This is just my opinion.

Darren set this up. The murder of his wife. The children just happened to be there.

Motive? Darlie's life insurance policy cashed out at $200,000 to $250,000.

She was meant to die. Her throat was slashed and suppose to kill her. (which explains the slash missing by just inches, if they didn't miss, she would be dead) It didn't (bruises left show the struggle) which rattled everything, she fought for her life and the intruder(s) left.

Once those Rednecks in Texas (POLICE) thought she did it, it was settled.

Follow Darren's track record, company calls, cell phone, etc and I believe you will find the evidence that ties him to this murder. (ex employee, friend who has a criminal record, something is there)

From what I can determine (evidence, transcripts, etc) their marriage was rocky, he probably did make her feel like S**T routinely (over money problems and other personal problems) and probably read that journal entry a month before (manipulators are psycho's) saw a window of opportunity to set this up and did it. (look at his track record with the jaguar and the future "burglary" of his house with a uhaul).

The fact that Darlie is a dingbat and superficial doesn't help her cause.

No way she butchered her children.

You cannot tell me that she planted that sock and did everything else in the time suggested. Not plausible.

And her sister is a jackass as well, bringing silly string is something you just don't do. Common Sense tells you that. That really made her sister look like bad. And again, with that jury in that simple town, the silly string video stuck with them.

It's sad, but that jury are very influenced by media and it's so easily to manipulate that. That silly string did HUGE damage and caused the jury to not look too much further. That jury was thinking with their hearts, not their heads.

Just watch Leeza and that video of the juror. She was so mad and upset, man, I would not want someone like that on my jury.

Just a thought, great thread.
Welcome.. Very interesting theory. I haven't researched this case much but it sounds plausible. If true I would think Darren wanted the boys killed as well if he had hired a hitman and knew he was coming that night and left the boys downstairs with Darlie. Its possible. Such a confusing case...
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #97
Titan826
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: May 25, 2007
Posts: 76
Default

Samson, your theory does sound plausible. Still some holes in it though. Not nearly as much evidence pointing towards him as there is evidence pointing towards Darlie.
Titan826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:51 AM   #98
user296686@aol.c
Member
Forum Regular
 
user296686@aol.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2008
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 269
Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
I agree with you totally. I understand the emotions....of this case because of the boys. and of course darlie is a prime suspect. but based on the evidence presented in the original trial....I'm not convinced beyond doubt that she is guilty. and I for one as well am tired of these lawyers who think they can indict someone or try to put them away because someone didn't react to a death of a loved one in the proper manner. this is not the way to conduct business in the court of law. It may be a way that a detective uses a hunch to gather more damning evidence....but not the way you present evidence in a high profile trial like that one. I'm sick of our justice system screwing innocent people out of their lives....sending them away with circumstancial evidence. again not saying darlie is innocent. but we've all seen cases where people had damning circumastancial evidence presented against them in court, sent to prison, only to be released years later because they were actually innocent. that's the issue here. because that tape...more than anything had to have the most affect on the jury.

Mommy2sets...I totally understand where you are coming from. you certainly know a lot of details. and many of them point to darlie...and darin as well. but I do think she deserves another trial....because the courts failed the first time around. It's not like she's on the outside. she's locked up. so if she is indeed guilty beyond any doubt......she's going to stay locked up. I just think the first trial was garbage. One thing to remember about these types of cases. Most of these types of segments...featured on UM...especially have holes in them and are clouded with speculation. that's the whole point of this forum and the show. but this case in paticular has been featured on countless shows and analyzed by countless so called experts who are on both sides.
I believe that you could try her a thousand times, in any county you choose, with the silly string, without the silly string.... anything you choose and she would still be found guilty. I got interested in this case again after seeing a show that started with a clip saying that if you knew about the case and believed Darlie Routier killed her children, watch what this juror had to say and the shocking new evidence that could set her free... I waited anxiously for this to come back on after the commercials. And the juror who changed his mind said that he hadn't seen the pictures of her bruised arms and the shocking new evidence was the pictures of her bruised arms. This was not "the shocking new evidence" I was hoping for. Whatever you think of the silly string tape, of how she acted, of wheter it was right or wrong to show the tape in court, none of that, and I mean NONE of that is as damning as the blood evidence. It is the one and only thing that really convinces me of her guilt. WHY was there NO blood found on the screen that this "intruder" SQUEEZED through? OR on the gate that was difficult to open? OR on the 6ft privacy fence the killer would have had to have gone over if he didn't use the gate? (The window the "intruder" escaped from led into their back yard which was surrounded by a 6ft privacy fence with no way out except out the gate or over the fence.) All this blood from her and her children that was EVERYWHERE inside that house and the blood didn't go past the utility room or into the garage. Read the transcripts, examine the blood evidence.That will tell you all you need to know. THAT is why she was convicted and THAT is why she will never get a new trial. For whatever the reasons, IMO, she killed those boys.

Peace, Pam
__________________


Pamela Collins
user296686@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #99
lucchesicourt
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 21, 2008
Location: Oakley.ca
Posts: 87
Default

Here's a big problem for me about all the people saying that the scene was staged. If the scene was staged, wouldn't Darlie have already made plans rather than demonstrate a spare of the moment action? Also, if the sock down the alley was placed there by her I am sure then that the scenario was entirely preplanned. Hence, here is a big problem for me. If it was planned why would Darlie admit to handling the knife? Wouldn't it have been easier to wipe the knife clean rather than tellling the 911 operator you picked it up?
As for the drops of blood on her back, did any of the wet towels have blood on them from the children, if so a moving wet towel will also swing blood in exactly the same manner as a knife with blood on it.
Also, the way evidence was collected was very shabby as bloody evidence was placed in bags together, so transfer of blood was possible between items.
Also, there were as I understand it 1,000 photos taken and the defense only got to see 400 photos. Why? As some DA's do, I am not saying it occurred here, but it is a possibility, and that is you only use the photos that help you make a case against someone, and not show others that may vindicate the suspect. This has been done and has been proven in some cases. Some photos demonstrate that items were moved from one point to another at the crime.
Also, the first police officer to arrive said he saw Darin in the front yard wearing similar clothing to that suspect that Darlie described, yet this was not Darin. Who was it. Ane could he have been the prime suspect? I don't know, but it does leave some doubt.
Is it possible Darin hired someone to do this, as he obvioulsy demonstrated he is not beyong it?
Was Darlie sexually assaulted? We really don't know, because the results of the rape kit have never been released. The police say one was not done, the hospital says one was. Who's right?
The prosecution set up rehearsal trial, so all could get their stories right. Is this right? The lead detective took very good notes in his head, but no actual written notes. The police violated Darlie's rights by rigging the grave site with listening devices without giving her notice. A fedaeral violation. The they take the 5th so the police officers are never cross examined after this.
The bottom line is as I see it is this, and that is Darlie may be guilty, but as Kard mentions that there is so much screw up on the police and DA's parts that there is really not enough evidence to say beyond REASONABLE doubt. And to put someone on death row on such a screwed up case is hard for me to fathom. Even one jurror said if he had scene some of the other photos of Darlie he would NEVER had voted her guilty.
lucchesicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:06 AM   #100
lucchesicourt
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 21, 2008
Location: Oakley.ca
Posts: 87
Default

Another thing about our legal system is that it does not really try to find justice on either side DA or defense. The fact is, it is the DA's job to prove guilt whether a person is innocent or guilty and it is the defenases job to make sure his client is found innocent. It is not about anything, but winning and losing. The more you win the bigger the paycheck for the attorney, ask Gerry Spence.
There is a gentleman in prison for muder andhas been for the past 26 years and he is innocent. How do we know, two attorneys have a client who admitted to the murder, but because of attorney/client realationship they could not say anything. They made an affidavit in 1981 that stipulated that there client admitted to the murder and place it in a secure place. When their client recently passed away, they opened the bex and presented the affidavit to the state's legal system. The result so far is, the state is not sure they can do anything about getting the innocent man released. My question is why? I can only come up with one answer, they don't want to admit they made a mistake.
lucchesicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:11 AM   #101
lucchesicourt
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 21, 2008
Location: Oakley.ca
Posts: 87
Default

Why was there no blood found on the screen? The intruder entered that way before the incident (no blood present yet,right?) and as Darlie said left through the garage. So. why would there be blood on the screen?
lucchesicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #102
lucchesicourt
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 21, 2008
Location: Oakley.ca
Posts: 87
Default

The police say the screen was cut from the inside, but there is evidence that that is NOT the case. The screen material and the material used to show fingerprints are prety much the same. So, the material on the knife could be fingerprint dust and not screen material. Just another reason for doubt. Again, I am not saying she is innocent, but trying to prove the police were SET on convicting her from the beginning. They went through the whole case trying to prove her guilty rather than trying to prove what actually happened. The police did a poor job on procedures and follow up. Who was the guy in the fron tard when the poice arrived? Or is it it doesn't matter becuase he wasn't the one who committed the murders, as the police proved that withpuit ever questioning him (Darin is who the police though it was, but they are obviously wrong).
lucchesicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #103
lucchesicourt
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 21, 2008
Location: Oakley.ca
Posts: 87
Default

mommy2sets, Darlie's injury to her neck was severe. though the prosecution kept saying the word SUPERFICIAL. The fact is the doctors said it was an injury that was superficial to the carotid atery. That does not mean it was a superficial wound. As a scientist, the word superficial means not extending to the carotid atery, but short of touching it. The wound was 2mm short of the carotid artery. To put that in perspecting, an inch is 254 millimeters, and the wound was 2mm short of the carotid. How canone say such an injury is superficial, unless they are ignorant of the biology and distance?
lucchesicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #104
user296686@aol.c
Member
Forum Regular
 
user296686@aol.c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 28, 2008
Location: Auburndale, FL
Posts: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucchesicourt
Why was there no blood found on the screen? The intruder entered that way before the incident (no blood present yet,right?) and as Darlie said left through the garage. So. why would there be blood on the screen?

Please read the transcripts. The only apparent way the "intruder" went out was throught the cut screen, the same way he supposedly entered. Darlie SAYS that he went out that way.The garage doors were closed because, as the transcripts read (Darrins testimony), the garage was "cram-packed full" because they were putting things together for a garage sale, so the cars were parked outside and the garage doors were closed. The garage doors were still closed, so the "intruder" did not leave through them, unless he was kind enough to close them as he left. Since they were automatic doors, this would pose a problem. As a matter of fact, it would be impossible as well as improbable. And as I said, killers aren't usually thoughtful enough to close doors or windows behind themselves, especially one who is being "chased". And, according to the transcripts and the layout of the house (shown on www.fordarlieroutier.org) there was no other door from the garage leading to the outside and no other window open except the one that the cut screen was in. (Darlies sister claims to have left the window open that night herself after smoking a cigarette in the garage, as Darrin and Darlie were not smokers and there was no smoking allowed in the house). So unless the "intruder" entered through one window, left it opened, but then escaped through another window and was kind enough to close it behind himself AND to replace the screen in it, that also does not seem possible. Does that really make any sense? The whole thing is senseless, no doubt. But READ THE TRANSCRIPTS. They are long, but worth reading. I have been following this case for years. I came into this a long time ago believing in Darlies innocence because I could not imagine a parent doing what she did. I continued to believe her until I was prompted by someone also following the case to read the transcripts, which I did. I suggest to anyone that has the time and any doubts, to READ THE TRANSCRIPTS. The blood evidence tells the story. That is why she was convicted, that is why she won't get a new trial, and that is why she would be found guilty again if there were to be a new trial.

Peace, Pam

Last edited by user296686@aol.c; 04-23-2008 at 05:31 PM.
user296686@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #105
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2sets
Well you have very strong opinions on the video and that's your right. I still say it did not convict her, the evidence did.

As far as Darlie's bruises, the boys had some wounds indicating a struggle, and Devon had one under his buttocks (he was on his back when attacked) suggesting he kicked hard. Darlie could have gotten bruises there. As far as the screaming, both boys had stabs that penetrated the lungs, so it would have been vey hard for the lungs to get air to scream. It's also possible Darlie held her hand or something else over their mouth to help ensure this, which would account for the bruises on Darlie's hands. There's also some other theories as to her bruises.. !) she banged her forearms repeatedly on the hospital bed (remeber there were no bruises on her body, just lower arms and back of hands). 2) During the 'fight' they had earlier that night Darin bruised Darlie, OR Darin bruised Darlie trying to get the knife away from her after he came downstairs after the murder. "Crimesleuths' did an analysis of the 911 tape with high tech audio devices and said that Darin could be heard saying "put the knife down!" at some point in the tape. It's possible she was attempting to cut herself more (or even Damon again- he did not die quickly) while on the phone with 911, and Darin had to struggle with her and eventually sit on top of her to get the knife (remember her one story of 'pressure on her legs' while she was being attacked). Why Darin hasn't told more if he does know more...who knows. He's a pretty shady guy himself and perhaps he feels somewhat responsible for driving her to it if indeed they did have a big fight where he threatened divorce. ... or maybe he just knows that nothing will bring the boys back but he still has Darlie, and poor Drake to think of who has to be explained to what happened to their brothers (who he adored) and his Mother at some point. He also seems to always believe Darlie no matter how bad she lies and manipulates him (there's a history of this), and maybe really believes she blacked out and doesn't even remember doing it. After the murders she in fact told a couple close friends when they asked her directly "did you do this" ... she replied "I don't know", and "if I did, I don't remember it". (that is from the court transcripts). I'm not exactly sure of his reasons...but he is likely covering for her atleast to some degree. Darin may be shady, and easily (idiotly) manipulated by his conniving wife, but Darlie is the actual psycopath. I'm going to post a link that has a lot more info. to read, and mostly you should read the actual court transcripts as I said. I really don't think you would doubt her innocence if you actually read them. Camp darlie has said, and has paid all kinds of people to say, all kinds of things...but nothing explains the fact that there was no intruder evidence at ALL, that her cells were in the sock, the blood evidence and much more evidence that only point to Darlie. If they had any actual evidence it was Darin they would have charged him too but there was none. It all points straight to Darlie.

All the theories I posted may or not be what actually happened, but there are atleast within the realm of possibility. Her story (all of the many different stories I should say) of the intruder murdering her children, though, is NOT within the realm of possiblity based on the evidence at the house...or even any common sense and logic. Really think about her story, from sleeping through the forceful stabbings of her son a foot away, to not remembering, to her inconsistent injuries compared to the boys' injuries, to not holding her childen as they took their last breath, to worrying about her own fingerprints, to the party and giddyness at the grave of recently slaughtered children, to exploiting her children with pictures of them stabbed and dead, etc, (I could go on and on), does any of that ring true to any parent out there? Really? The real 'mystique' of this case to me is that people continue to believe her. It's amazing the influence some psychopaths can have on people, and the ability to make otherwise normal people take complete leave of their senses and believe, often illogical and completely absurd, lies. Look at the stuff Hitler had so many people believing at one point in time. That is indeed mysterious, and quite scary. Darlie's a killer and though she'll never admit it she should face it for there to be any justice for Devon and Damon. They are the real victims here people seem almost to forget about. IMO the people supporting Darlie are contributing to the injustice of those boys.
well the evidence points to darlie because she was with the boys.......obviously. I just find it very strange that he slept through all of this. I live in a two story house and can hear my kids watching television downstairs from my room when I'm sleeping. I'd like to think that I could hear them screaming if they were in some sort of dangerous terrifying situation. it doesn't make much sense that she would stay downstairs.... leaving the baby with him because she stayed up with the baby the night prior.....and he would then take sleeping pills? How is he supposed to care for the baby if the baby awakes? again these are things that I've heard about the husband and why he was upstairs with the baby.

anyway I understand the emotions of the case. I also understand that she is the prime suspect. but I support justice. I'm not contributing to the injustice of the boys because I feel that the court failed darlie by playing the birthday tape to the jury. I feel that was wrong and it quite frankly disappoints me greatly...despite all of the other physical evidence that was at the scene. I'm not taking issue with any of that. darlie is in jail and if she stays in jail that's fine. I'm not the one that has to make that decision. But it doesn't change how I feel about that tape. and because of mistakes like that....she has people listening and objecting to her trial.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.