Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #571
lucchesicourt
Frequent Poster

Hi user,

The problem is, that everyone who thinks Darlie is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt has the opinion that Darlie was cut after the planting of the sock. Now, that is where I have my problem. Everyone is of the OPINION that Darlie cut herself after planting the sock, and NO other concrete evidence that may be produced by the federal investigators matters. So, if you want to execute a person based on opinion, well........ Now, if THAT BLOODY fingerprint matches someone who cannot be accounted for, would this leave a little doubt about what occurred that night? I think so. How about DNA being found in the sock that doesn't match anyone in Darlie's household, or the pubic hair may match a total stranger, etc. etc. There are too many unanswered questions to be 90% sure Darlie did it. If this case was so open and shut, why did investigators break the law to try and get evidence at the gravesite, why did they use a man as an expert witness who later testifies he was not qualified to be an expert witness, why were not all the photos turned over to the defense to look at, who was the man in the front yard the police thought was Darin, who was the owner of the dark sedan seen that night, etc. Many more questions than answers.
That is why I cannot support her execution. She could possibly be innocent. And, after the execution there is nothing you can do in any way to make amends to the family (though if she is innocent and has been in prison this long, she already beyond getting any form satisfaction of being released). If the federal judge questions what went on in this trial, don't you think he too has some doubt as to what actually occurred that night?
I am unsure if she is innocent or guilty, but I do know that a person's rights in this country are OFTEN violated by police to get confessions. If the fed investigators work supports a guilty verdict, I will accept it. But, as of right now, I do not believe (my opinion) that the prosecution proved their case beyond reasonable doubt, and used too many opinions,showing a film to get jurrors to feel hatred for Darlie, claimed a person to be an expert and was not by his OWN admission, broke the law themselves to try and get a confession on tape, etc. etc.
You see, I believe once a liar or cheater always a liar or cheater, and the prosecution was just that in this case. That leads me to have grave doubts as to the prosecutions intentions of getting to the truth.
lucchesicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #572
lucchesicourt
Frequent Poster

Pam,
I also agree somebody did get down the alley without a trail of blood. But, when the neck is cut there is a lot of blood when an artery or vein is severed and it will flow quite quickly. But, Darlie's main veins and ateries were not cut. Hence, many times with a quick slice from a blade there is a delay before blood flows. Knife cuts (slices) are not always immediately blood flowing wounds. Sometimes there is a pause of a few seconds before the blood flows. So, if an intruder sliced her just before he left the house, it is possible he could have left with little blood on himself.
Again, more questions.
lucchesicourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #573
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Holy mackeral, how did this thread get to be nearly forty pages long?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #574
user296686@aol.c
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucchesicourt
Pam,
I also agree somebody did get down the alley without a trail of blood. But, when the neck is cut there is a lot of blood when an artery or vein is severed and it will flow quite quickly. But, Darlie's main veins and ateries were not cut. Hence, many times with a quick slice from a blade there is a delay before blood flows. Knife cuts (slices) are not always immediately blood flowing wounds. Sometimes there is a pause of a few seconds before the blood flows. So, if an intruder sliced her just before he left the house, it is possible he could have left with little blood on himself.
Again, more questions.

OK lucchesiscourt point well taken... hope that was gentle enough for you and all concerned.

I feel certain I will be banned and the thread may even be closed, for that matter after tonights private message I sent to crystaldawn. She seemed to be very offended by my remarks to you earlier asking you about the blood evidence. I will miss talking with everyone, whether we were in agreement or not. Should that be the case, Best wishes to all. It's been a pleasure speaking with you all.

Pam

Pamela Collins
user296686@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #575
user296686@aol.c
Forum Regular

Originally posted by lucchesicourt: Many more questions than answers.
That is why I cannot support her execution

Good morning luccheiscourt
I also do not support her execution. I support her conviction fully, but not her execution. I have said so many times that I do NOT believe in the death penalty. There have been too many times that people have spent YEARS rotting in prison cells that were found many years later to be innocent. Or worse yet, executed and THEN found to be innocent. Many of them young men when going in and old men coming out. If they're Blessed enough to get out, their youth is gone, but at least they are still alive. In the case of the death penalty, what if someone is proven innocent???? Then what? It's too late... a human life has been taken and it can't be given back. I do not believe that anyone one should be executed. It is NO ONES right but Gods to take a life. It is legalized murder, IMO. Not even Darlie, as strongly as I believe in her guilt, should be killed.

Also, the cut not bleeding on Darlie in enough time to get on the intruder doesn't hold water with me either. There was supposed to be this tremendous struggle, right? I'm sorry, IMO, there was plenty of time for her blood to get all over him and the blood trail stopping at the utility room does nothing but prove to me that the killer never left the house because darlie is the killer. IMO, and IMO only, there just is not enough reasonable doubt there for her to be aquitted.

Pam

PS... No smiley face on quick reply, (oops! no waving ones, anyway) or I would continue to use it. There has not ever meant to be one offensive thing about it when I use it. Only a little light in a lot of darkness and certainly not to be viewed as judgemental.

Last edited by user296686@aol.c; 11-19-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:40 AM   #576
user296686@aol.c
Forum Regular

Hi again luccheiscourt

You just contradicted yourself on the bloodtrail...

Post #566 user,
explain the FACT that there was no blood outside of that house?

Well, we do know that Devon and Damon's blood were on the sock, so obviously they were already cut before the sock ended up in the alley, and if darlie did it, she would have been covered with blood too. So, why would not darlie have left a blood trail?

That was your quote, but you told me earlier an intruder got down the alley without leaving a bloodtrail because Darlies cuts hadn't had enough time to start bleeding enough to get all over him so thats how he didn't leave a trail...
People think I'm trying to be rude but I'm honestly not. It's this kind of logic I don't get.

Pam