Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 18, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 PM   #46
Jediknight1823
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School TV
There is a great possibility that either a client who had his advances rejected
That's what I lean to. I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone in law enforcement either. That could explain the massive errors in the autopsy report.
Jediknight1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #47
spark19
Frequent Poster

I personally think that it was law enforcement just because what Crystal was doing was typically pretty sleazy and corrupt. Plus there were just so many discrepancies in the detective work in this case and autopsy it's scary. A client who's advances had been rejected is also a possibility...but the murderer could actually fall into both of those categories, no??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School TV
I wonder what would the motive be for her boyfriend to kill her?
But as far as a motive for the boyfriend - jealousy. If I recall correctly, Crystal had taken a long time to tell him about her stripping/dancing, and I think it's very possible that the boyfriend could have outwardly seemed to be okay with it, but be really jealous about it. However, I think the first scenario mentioned is more likely than the boyfriend killing her, BUT...I just find his behavior suspicious. It may just be as simple as him just knowing more than he lets on, I don't know.
spark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #48
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

I always thought Anton (boyfriend) seemed legit. He seemed sincere in his UM interview and really hurt that she was gone. Not exactly the jealous reaction. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled with her line of work, but he seemed to accept it.

I just watched this segment again recently on one of crystaldawn's volumes. I still can't get over how the body dimensions were all messed up. I'm not saying the body was wrong, but maybe sloppy police work is in play.

And how did the neighbors not call the cops??? "Honey... a woman is screaming bloody murder! Oh, let's not get involved." Nice.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #49
wiseguy182

My gut reaction is that Anton is not involved. I know it's been said that it was suspicious that he didn't call her for a week, but wasn't she supposed to be in Japan? I'm guessing that's why he didn't call her, she wasn't supposed to be still in the apartment.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #50
marlins3
Forum Regular

I think she was murdered and the boyfriend was NOT involved. One thing I always thought was weird about this case is crystal's friend. She seems like she is high or something when they interview her (the cadence in her voice is strange and her appearance is a little disheveled
marlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #51
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlins3
I think she was murdered and the boyfriend was NOT involved. One thing I always thought was weird about this case is crystal's friend. She seems like she is high or something when they interview her (the cadence in her voice is strange and her appearance is a little disheveled

YES!!!

The friend interviewed was so precious and special! No existing English word can succinctly describe the sheer overwhelming perfectionism that IS that woman. Alas, I am forced to make one up: SPRECIOUS (Spreh-shiss)!! I especially loved the way she'd follow up one of her vacant stares with a confused look, and then follow that up with a perplexed and bewildered expression. It didn't not make her seem un-smart. I'd bet even money that between each take she played with a ball of yarn and a scratching post. I wonder if Awsi would take that bet.

I've studed that segment and have come to the conclusion that the friend:

A) Had smoked an 1/8 of high quality greens all by herself immediately before the interview
B) Followed the weed with Thorazine
C) Was confused and hypnotically transfixed by the shiny metal rings on the cameraman's fingers
D) Had been kicked in the head by a horse (or horseS)
E) Listens to and supports Ann Coulter
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:22 AM   #52
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

LMAO Corky!!!!
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #53
hottstuff25
Frequent Poster

My thoughts:

Most likely an elaborate cover-up. Enforcement or a client involved. Murderer knew her from the strip club. Probably a kinky sex act gone horribly wrong or intense sexual pain to a point of suffocation, paralyzation, or even possible electrocution with the phone cord.

The body decomposed very quickly because of intense heat in the apartment. Maggots ate away at the remains. May have been there longer than Anton claimed or hypothesized. Don't think Anton had any role in the crime. He may have had a much more limited presence in Crystal's life than the segment portrayed, considering he had no role in revealing possible suspects for a homicidal scenario involving intimate activity.
hottstuff25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:14 AM   #54
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I am a bit puzzled by the lack of signs of a forced entry. That would lead me to believe it was someone she knew. Or it was the landlord. I wonder if anyone has checked into the landlord, as he/she would probably a way to get into her apartment.
No kidding. Why on earth would the neighboring couple make up a story of hearing screams, and the landlord not check it out? Perhaps because he was *waiting* for any evidence he may have left to deteriorate?

I'm sure I read a story somewhere of a landlord getting away with a murder he claimed was self-defense or something--kind of laughed over it in front of the victim's family. He and the victim were both young, and a knife was involved.

Did the family have Crystal cremated sight unseen, without being positively identified by someone who knew her?
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #55
Mastermind

This case has interested me from the beginning.

1. As suspicious as the the autopsy screw up was, i don't think it necessarily means there was a cover up of sorts. Medical Examiners offices have been known to make bizzare and confusing screw ups such as this one. Might just be an accident done by an overworked coroner.

2. I wouldn't dispell the possibility that it might be natural causes. Exhaustion, bad interaction with medicine. Did they know if she was taking any prescription drugs.

3. I would be shocked if the Boyfriend was involved. But it is still a possibility.

4. I wonder if the reason that the neighbors never didn't do anything was that they were involved in criminal activities themselves and didn't want police to be uncover their activities. Maybe the couple was doing coke at the time?

5. Maybe screams such as the one they heard was not an uncommon occurence in Crystal's house. S & M, perhaps? Maybe Crystal died during a strangulation fetish?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #56
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
4. I wonder if the reason that the neighbors never didn't do anything was that they were involved in criminal activities themselves and didn't want police to be uncover their activities. Maybe the couple was doing coke at the time?

5. Maybe screams such as the one they heard was not an uncommon occurence in Crystal's house. S & M, perhaps? Maybe Crystal died during a strangulation fetish?
Either things are different in California than any normal place on the planet (for which a good case could probably be made) or those neighbors were up to something. According to them, the screams were NOT a normal occurrence--they said it was a sound they'd never heard before or since.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #57
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Screams of the type described by the two witnesses cannot be produced by someone being strangled.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:28 AM   #58
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well, she could have screamed BEFORE she was strangled to death. If in fact that was even the cause of death. Wasnt the body so badly decomposed that they couldnt come up with an exact cause of death? The LA County Medical Examiner's office which is probably the busiest in the country botched this case so badly the exact truth will never be known.

I do think it's an odd reaction though for the neighbor to hear screaming and have the first thought in his head be 'I dont want to get involved'. Human nature would dictate the opposite reaction that you would want to know why the person was screaming and you would want to help.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #59
Mastermind

I think the assumption is that the screams were "pre-attack". Meaning she was screaming at what was about to happen to her.

Autopsy bungles aside, i think the coroners would have noticed stab wounds, bullet holes or bludgeon marks. The types of attacks that would prompt screams during the attack.

The reason strangulation comes to mind is that it would be something that in decomposition would be difficult to notice via a cursory examination.

Not to sound dirty here, but screams could be sexual in nature as well.

Some people are that loud.

This "trip" she was taking overseas. Has that been looked into? What was it a photo shoot?

Any possibility that Crystal was a prostitute on the side as well?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #60
slasherman
Frequent Poster

..if the neightbour telling the truth. Why did'nt any other neightbour hear those terrible screams ?
I think it's murder if the screams came at the same time as Crystal Spencer died. If this is correct I would say it's 80 % probability she was murdered. But I guess it's almost impossible to exactly measure time of death cause the body was found a week later. But if the screams did'nt come at the same time as Crystal Spencer death the probability for her being killed is 10%.
Was the door locked or was it unlocked ? I mean if the door was unlocked there would not be a forced entry.Did the person who found her have to unlock the door before he/her went inside or was the door open ? I often forget to lock my door....

Last edited by slasherman; 12-22-2008 at 03:42 AM.
slasherman is offline   Reply With Quote