Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Do you believe Jeffrey MacDonald's story?
Yes-- He's been wrongly convicted 47 29.75%
No-- He's a convict and he's where he belongs 82 51.90%
The jury's still deliberating 29 18.35%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #91
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I started this thread and I'm sad to say that I STILL don't know what side of the fence that I'm resting on....

Also, I just thought I'd throw my two cents in on the fact that the prosecutor got busted a few years after the McDonald case for embezzling money. Coming DIRECTLY from someone who is also bound by the rules of the American Bar Association, I can tell you that embezzling money, especially from clients, is a VERY BIG DEAL. I'll repeat that: It's a VERY BIG DEAL. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can get away with almost anything and keep your law license. Embezzling money is the one thing that you can do where you're absolutely guaranteed to never practice law again.

In my opinion, the fact that the prosecutor got busted for embezzlement a few years later says MAJOR things about his character. It's not one of the MAIN reasons that I think that McDonald could be innocent, but it's definitely a factor. The fact that he was also buddy-buddy with the judge is a bigger factor for me, personally.
Of course it's a big deal, but please provide some proof because Blackburn embezzled money 10 years after the MacDonald murders that he framed Mac.

Blackburn was disbarred, jailed and made restitution. Isn't that all the justice system requires? MacDonald murdered his wife and two baby girls...zero doubt in my mind. I've read every single court document, lab report, autopsy report, Article 32, Grand Jury etc. to do with his case.

Mac's defence at trial tried to prove through his character that he was not the type to commit murder whilst Blackburn let the evidence speak for itself to the jury. The jury also stated they found Mac evasive and angry when he testified.
cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #92
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
I agree CRicci. As I mentioned above, James Blackburn is a total scumbag. Even if MacDonald is guilty, Blackburn is still a piece of garbage. He was perfectly content to throw a potentially innocent man in prison for the rest of his life, to steal money from his law firm and clients and then on top of all of that act like the victim. I saw on Amazon where all these pathetic people were kissing up to him because of a book he wrote, yet these same people were ripping on MacDonald. Pathetic! In my opinion, MacDonald is innocent, Blackburn is a guilty piece of garbage. An embezzler, a thief, a liar and on top of all of that, a person that was willing to put innocent people in jail just to make himself look good so he could chalk another notch in the win column.
MacDonald went to trial 10 years prior to Blackburn's embellezzment. So what about the intervening 10 years? Where are all the other innocent victims Blackburn sent to prison?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #93
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Well I didnt say being conservative was a bad thing. Interesting how I'm the one that is ignorant, not the people that look at a defendant and assume he is guilty because he was charged with a crime? North Carolina has one of the highest wrongful conviction rates in the country. With the exception of Illinois most of the states with the highest conviction rates are southern states. I understand things are changing in the south and that is great, no where is perfect, nor am I claiming any state is perfect. Wow, so if a jury returned a verdict you didnt like you would not want to go there? Thinman the physical evidence all depends on how interpret it. I guess we will have to agree to disagree Thinman, I am not going to argue with you about this case anymore. However I felt the need to respond to say that my comments about the south were taken out of context. In fact I am a conservative republican. However I am just not a fan of the pro-prosecution crowd's philosophy of shifting the burden to the defendant to prove his innocence.
How do you misintrept Mac's bloody pajama cuffs tranferring blood to the blue bedsheet at the same time Colette's did?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #94
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Holy cow, Tendervittles! This is the first I've heard about that. What year did they test the blood and determine that everyone had a different blood type? Was it at the time of the murders, or later?

Did they just do ABO typing or did they determine it down to the RH factors to say that someone was O+ and another was O- and that's what made them have different blood types, or were they all A, AB, B, and O?

That is sooooo bizarre! Especially considering the fact that Dr. Mac was the one fooling around all the time. Who would think that the wife fooling around, too? Or were one or both of the girls from a previous marriage?

And since the officials have known about the different blood types among the victims, I would think that if any blood evidence remains, they would want to do DNA testing on it.
Collette (his wife) was type A, Mac is type B, Kimberley was type AB and Kristen the baby was type 0 but she was rh negative. She also had to have a complete blood transfusion when she was born due to the rh negative.

Both children were Mac's as was the unborn son. He has never denied that the children were his and no one can find any evidence that Colette ever had an affair.

The differing blood types is what helped them solve this case. There may have been evidence lost or contaminated but there was a ton of blood and fibre evidence in this case and all that blood leads to mac and only Mac as the killer.

Blood does not lie and it has no stake in this case. It is what it is and all of it points to Mack the Knife.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #95
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

It would be a waste of both your time and mine for me to argue this. However I will for the last time make try to make things clear from my point of view. Yes blood doesnt 'lie'. It cannot talk as far as I can tell. Yup Blackburn is the innocent man. Not. Yeah he pled guilty 10 years after the fact but was/is a lifelong scumbag. I love it how you give the former prosecutor a free pass but yet you take MacDonald where there is really nothing but your own speculation and innuendo and you constantly label him a guilty man when the evidence just is not there. Yes forensic evidence does not 'lie' which by the way is a common term used by prosecutors and pro-prosecutor hacks into misleading people into believing that forensic evidence is never wrong. Forensic evidence can be tainted, it can be misinterpreted. The blood being in different rooms really proves nothing. It certainly does not prove MacDonald murdered his own family. I love how you are perfectly willing to speculate about MacDonald but everyone else is off limits. Again, MacDonald was not perfect, he was a cheater and at best an aloof father. However that does not make him a killer. But juries and prosecutors get things wrong. It happens. You have yet to acknowledge this. Basically I am not arguing with you anymore about MacDonald's innocence. I believe he is innocent, you believe he is guilty. Someone else could be proven to be the killer and you would still believe MacDonald was guilty. Anyway, I am done with this particular thread as the point has been talked to death.

Last edited by crystaldawn; 02-27-2009 at 09:21 AM.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #96
Thinman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Personally Cami I feel you are too ignorant on the issue
Question for the mod: In this thread alone, I have had one post edited and one deleted entirely for suggesting that others are less than intelligent on this case. Why is this post allowed to stand?

Last edited by Thinman; 03-03-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #97
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinman
Question for the mod: In this thread alone, I have had one post edited and one deleted entirely for suggesting that others are less than intelligent on this case. Why is this post aloud to stand?
I agree and its been edited. Next time just contact me in private about it.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #98
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

I was not suggesting she was less than intelligent. I was suggesting that she had the facts skewed. She believes in her point of view and that is fine. I was merely challenging it and in that particular sentence I went to far with it. If it offended her I apologize, that should not have happened. I never asked for your comments to be edited thinman, I do not know who did but it was not me. So I guess that is why I cannot figure out why you decided to get involved? I have researched both sides of the MacDonald case to the best of my ability. In fact, when I first learned about this case, I too believed he did it. I read 'Fatal Vison' I looked at the anti-MacDonald websites and thought that was the only side to the story. However then I read the book 'Fatal Justice' which is basically a counter-attack of 'Fatal Vison' and saw the UM segment and looked at Pro-MacDonald websites. I then compared the two versions and found that overall, it made more sense that MacDonald did not do it. If Cami or you (thinman) or anyone else did this and came to the exact opposite conclusion than that is fine. I have no issue with that. It would show you did your research. It was not my intent to offend anyone, I just get irritated sometimes and go over the top. It happens. I deserved to have my comments edited in that instance because I went too far with the comment. However I was not saying she was not intelligent, I was saying she may have not looked at all the facts. I should have said that in a better way.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #99
Thinman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
you constantly label him a guilty man when the evidence just is not there.
In that case, what is your definition of evidence? Or, short of a confession from Mac (which we will never get), what would it take for you to believe him guilty? OJ says he is innocent, too. Do you believe him?
Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #100
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Mac's story is on "Notorious" on the bio channel right now.

I haven't followed this case as closely as I've followed many others. Please excuse my ignorant comments. I would just like to make some observations.

There's no doubt that the MPs made lots of errors. I'm sure that they were just not used to dealing with such severe crimes and probably had no training on how to handle such things.

I'm concerned about the fact that Colette became accidentally pregnant inthe early 1960s, forcing Mac to marry her. (Pretty standard to marry the knocked up girlfriend back then.) She became pregnant again quite quickly. Fairly soon, debt began to take it's toll on them. They were in debt, living in gov't apartments, Mac's career plans seemed to be stunted (which probably frustrated him), and then Colette became pregnant yet again.

Colette's 2nd pregnancy was life threatening. Her doctor had advised her to prevent becoming pregnant again. This should have been fairly easy in 1970, since the pill was pretty reliable then. (That's why I was born in 1967. My mom went off the pill to become pregnant with me, and then I never had any brothers and sisters, because she went back on it.)

Mac worked his full time job, then took on a part time job to help dig out of debt. At the same time, Colette was taking child psychology classes on the base. And they had two little kids with another on the way. That's a lot of pressure.

After Colette was advised to not have another pregnancy, in order to save her own life, Mac decided to take a voluntary special assignment in Russia that could have very likely, kept him over seas while Colette suffered a life threatening delivery of the 3rd child. That doesn't sound like the actions of a person who has concern for anyone other than himself.

Also, while Mac was being attacked by the hippies, he recalls Colette screaming to him, "Jeff, Jeff, why are they doing this to me?" There were only four perpetrators. Just exactly WHO was attacking her? I thought Mac was busy fighting off 3 men in the living room while a woman watched. Who was in the bedroom attacking Colette?

AND, if "they" are violently attacking you, stabbing you multiple times, breaking both your arms, etc, how do you have time to do anything but scream? Yet Colette yelled out a long and complete sentence asking Mac why they were doing that to her. I would tend to think that her question was more like, "Jeff, Jeff, why are YOU doing this to me?"

Then, Mac recalls he oldest daughter yelling, "Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy!" Why did she yell this? Where was Mac? Was he the one attacking her, so she was screaming his name? Or was he busy in the living room with the four attackers and she was yelling for her daddy's help because she heard the fight, as Mac was trying to lead us to believe?

Regarding the drugged up, floppy hat woman and her blonde stringy hair. This woman was a natural brunette and it's been alleged that she would often wear a blonde wig. Mac made a repeated point of mentioning how "stringy" and "dirty" her hair was. Generally, unkempt hippies have dirty, stringy, long blonde hair that is somewhat thin due to neglect. Blonde wigs are usually thicker than natural hair. It takes a lot of major neglect to make a thick blonde wig stringy. Especially to the point that a man fighting off 3 male attackers in the middle of the night would happen to notice the condition of her hair.

And I just can't ignore those photos. Mac's family was butchered yet by comparison, he had minor injuries.

I'm kinda thinking that he wanted to get on with his career as a doctor, a green beret, travel the world on special military assignments, etc. But his wife kept getting pregnant with unwanted and unplanned babies ever since they were dating. The domestic life and the burdens and debts involved with that kept him from realizing his dreams.

Knowing that this 3rd (dangerous) pregnancy would likely be the one to hold him back from his special assignment in russia, he figured out a way to eliminate his responsibilities at home so he could be free to pursue his exciting career.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #101
Mastermind

Quote:
I'm kinda thinking that he wanted to get on with his career as a doctor, a green beret, travel the world on special military assignments, etc. But his wife kept getting pregnant with unwanted and unplanned babies ever since they were dating. The domestic life and the burdens and debts involved with that kept him from realizing his dreams.
But why kill his children and why do it in this matter? He was a doctor. He could have done nearly a number of ways. Heck he could have shot them with a number of medicines and toxins he had access to. He also could of gotten rid of the bodies Heck he could have shot therm with a gun from the depot on the base without it being traced.

He could have killed his wife and had his children live with his mother while he pursued assignments

He could also have simply made up to her that he HAD to go to Vietnam or whatever, there would have been nothing she could have done to stop him.

The manner in which both the wife and children were killed was savage to the point of being psychotic. That to me and the manner of the crime scene point to this act not being premiditated. This would have to have been Mac going ballistic and into a psychotic rage. There is nothing Mac's background that shows him capable of this.

The only way i see mac doing this act is if he hired some soldiers to kill his family and rough him up as well.

That's the only logical scenario where i see Mac being guilty.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #102
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Mastermind, I've thought of that too. How could a father butcher his own family so savagely? In a man with Mac's background, it would seem unlikely that he would choose such a horribly violent method to kill them.

Unless they're enraged by infidelity, etc, spouses usually don't use such overkill, do they? Don't they usually strangle, or use one to two gunshots, or one or two stabs?

The MacDonald family definitely suffered 'overkill'. If Mac did it, I would think that it was specifically because he wanted to make it look like the manson murders. The overkill was part of the staging.

But good grief, for a father to stab his two little girls to death so violently. It's so hard to believe he could do something like that and remain so calm. You'd think that a man guilty of such a thing would finally crack.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #103
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
It would be a waste of both your time and mine for me to argue this. However I will for the last time make try to make things clear from my point of view. Yes blood doesnt 'lie'. It cannot talk as far as I can tell. Yup Blackburn is the innocent man. Not. Yeah he pled guilty 10 years after the fact but was/is a lifelong scumbag. I love it how you give the former prosecutor a free pass but yet you take MacDonald where there is really nothing but your own speculation and innuendo and you constantly label him a guilty man when the evidence just is not there. Yes forensic evidence does not 'lie' which by the way is a common term used by prosecutors and pro-prosecutor hacks into misleading people into believing that forensic evidence is never wrong. Forensic evidence can be tainted, it can be misinterpreted. The blood being in different rooms really proves nothing. It certainly does not prove MacDonald murdered his own family. I love how you are perfectly willing to speculate about MacDonald but everyone else is off limits. Again, MacDonald was not perfect, he was a cheater and at best an aloof father. However that does not make him a killer. But juries and prosecutors get things wrong. It happens. You have yet to acknowledge this. Basically I am not arguing with you anymore about MacDonald's innocence. I believe he is innocent, you believe he is guilty. Someone else could be proven to be the killer and you would still believe MacDonald was guilty. Anyway, I am done with this particular thread as the point has been talked to death.
aaaaaaaaahahahaha do I smell cop out.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #104
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
And I love it how you continue to call Blackburn a "lifelong scumbag" without offering any proof just your own "speculation."

Of course they do but we're discussing the MacDonald case not cases where the prosecutors and juries get things wrong. Prosecutors and juries are human just like us and none of us are infallible.

I'm not willing to believe that Blackburn framed MacDonald and then never committed another crime until 10 years later. Doesn't sound very criminal sophiscated to me. Especially when the Grand Jury proceedings were brought by Woerheide and Murtagh after they investigated the case...Blackburn was only brought on for trial.

However, you have shown absolutely nothing that Blackburn did anything criminal in the MacDonald case. The blood and fibre evidence proved MacDonald killed his family, nothing else nothing more. I've read every single court document, lab report and everything else to do with this case. There is no evidence of intruders in the MacDonald home.

Well continue to stick your head in the sand about this brutal baby killer.

I've read every court transcripts, every lab report, every witness statement and then some to do with this case so don't tell me it's just speculation on my part. Blood doesn't lie, nor does the evidence but as Blackburn stated in his final argument "people can and they do"

Yeah don't bother to answer, you know you're incorrect that's why. Cop out.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #105
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Mac's story is on "Notorious" on the bio channel right now.

I haven't followed this case as closely as I've followed many others. Please excuse my ignorant comments. I would just like to make some observations.

There's no doubt that the MPs made lots of errors. I'm sure that they were just not used to dealing with such severe crimes and probably had no training on how to handle such things.

I'm concerned about the fact that Colette became accidentally pregnant inthe early 1960s, forcing Mac to marry her. (Pretty standard to marry the knocked up girlfriend back then.) She became pregnant again quite quickly. Fairly soon, debt began to take it's toll on them. They were in debt, living in gov't apartments, Mac's career plans seemed to be stunted (which probably frustrated him), and then Colette became pregnant yet again.

Colette's 2nd pregnancy was life threatening. Her doctor had advised her to prevent becoming pregnant again. This should have been fairly easy in 1970, since the pill was pretty reliable then. (That's why I was born in 1967. My mom went off the pill to become pregnant with me, and then I never had any brothers and sisters, because she went back on it.)

Mac worked his full time job, then took on a part time job to help dig out of debt. At the same time, Colette was taking child psychology classes on the base. And they had two little kids with another on the way. That's a lot of pressure.

After Colette was advised to not have another pregnancy, in order to save her own life, Mac decided to take a voluntary special assignment in Russia that could have very likely, kept him over seas while Colette suffered a life threatening delivery of the 3rd child. That doesn't sound like the actions of a person who has concern for anyone other than himself.

Also, while Mac was being attacked by the hippies, he recalls Colette screaming to him, "Jeff, Jeff, why are they doing this to me?" There were only four perpetrators. Just exactly WHO was attacking her? I thought Mac was busy fighting off 3 men in the living room while a woman watched. Who was in the bedroom attacking Colette?

AND, if "they" are violently attacking you, stabbing you multiple times, breaking both your arms, etc, how do you have time to do anything but scream? Yet Colette yelled out a long and complete sentence asking Mac why they were doing that to her. I would tend to think that her question was more like, "Jeff, Jeff, why are YOU doing this to me?"

Then, Mac recalls he oldest daughter yelling, "Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy!" Why did she yell this? Where was Mac? Was he the one attacking her, so she was screaming his name? Or was he busy in the living room with the four attackers and she was yelling for her daddy's help because she heard the fight, as Mac was trying to lead us to believe?

Regarding the drugged up, floppy hat woman and her blonde stringy hair. This woman was a natural brunette and it's been alleged that she would often wear a blonde wig. Mac made a repeated point of mentioning how "stringy" and "dirty" her hair was. Generally, unkempt hippies have dirty, stringy, long blonde hair that is somewhat thin due to neglect. Blonde wigs are usually thicker than natural hair. It takes a lot of major neglect to make a thick blonde wig stringy. Especially to the point that a man fighting off 3 male attackers in the middle of the night would happen to notice the condition of her hair.

And I just can't ignore those photos. Mac's family was butchered yet by comparison, he had minor injuries.

Knowing that this 3rd (dangerous) pregnancy would likely be the one to hold him back from his special assignment in russia, he figured out a way to eliminate his responsibilities at home so he could be free to pursue his exciting career.
What special assignment in Russia? Aaaaahahaha that's Mac thinking he's more important than he is. He was a doctor why would have be "specially assigned" to Russia.