Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Do you believe Jeffrey MacDonald's story?
Yes-- He's been wrongly convicted 47 29.75%
No-- He's a convict and he's where he belongs 82 51.90%
The jury's still deliberating 29 18.35%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #46
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Yes Thinman, one point you overlook though is that both Mitchell and Stokley admitted before their deaths that they were involved. Stokley would recant after that scumbag James Blackburn (who by the way later served prison time for tax evasion, embezzlement and many other things and was also disbarred) would threaten her. Now, I do agree there are certain problems with this case. I do believe Dr. MacDonald to be innocent of these murders, however I also believe that he knows more than he is telling. I just get that feeling from him. I mean, to me, it just does not make sense why MacDonald would kill his family in this way. I mean, there should have been blood all over him, there is simply no way that you could kill that many people and with all that blood, not have blood spatter on you. Were MacDonald's pajama's tested? Both the pajama top and pajama bottoms? After all, some will argue he covered Colette with the pajama top on purpose so that he could explain away her blood presence on it. However that type of blood would look different than blood spatter from clubbing and stabbing people to death. Yeah MacDonald had affairs and yeah he was a less than ideal husband. Does not make him guilty of murder though. It is sad that there are folks out there who will instantly think someone is guilty because of an affair. I mean, look at the Manson family murders. Those were extremely vicious and not only were these murders committed by people that did not know the victims but the perpetrators were actually sober and straight the night of the murders.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #47
Thinman
Frequent Poster

Stoeckley confessed to being involved several times. She was also a very sick person and as unreliable as one witness could possibly be. These were the rantings of a brain damaged, strung out loser who happened to be a member of the occult. I'm sure saying she was involved was fun for her. It allowed an otherwise no account person to become famous.

It has not been confirmed whether Mitchell did or not. Mitchell's buddy, Bryant Lane, says he confessed (after Mitchell was dead). How reliable is Bryant Lane? Once again, hearsay and rumors.

Keep in mind, this case was one of the most high profile murder cases in North Carolina history. To have a few looney tunes confess to being involved in a high profile case is nothing miraculous. People confess to crimes all the time that they had nothing to do with.
Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #48
7hurricane
Frequent Poster

guilty as sin....and he isn't where he belongs he should have gotten death for what he did to those little girls.

His pajama pants were burnt I think I remember correctly at the hospital. Right? Correct me anyone if I'm wrong.
7hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #49
kadrmas15

Dr. MacDonald is innocent. Okay, so, to hear it this way, Stokely, Mitchell, Mitchell's friend, the Fayetville PD detective as well as MacDonald are lying. Okay, Sergeant Mica did not describe a woman that exactly matched Stokley, But he was close. Weird how if he was so far off from MacDonald how he would describe someone so similiar. Why would Bryant Lane lie? Why would the patient lie? Are they mistaken? Doubtful. By the time they were interviewed (Lane and the patient) Mitchell and Stokley had already been dead for 5 or 6 years. So this would mean that Lane and the patient were lying to gain attention which i have a hard time believing, I mean I get you are just determined to find MacDonald guilty but come up with something better other than you 'think' he did it. Again, according the physical evidence, MacDonald could not have been the perpetrator. You are assuming he was based on the ridiculous and highly biased 'analysis' done by that scumbag and convicted felon James Blackburn.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #50
Thinman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Dr. MacDonald is innocent. Okay, so, to hear it this way, Stokely, Mitchell, Mitchell's friend, the Fayetville PD detective as well as MacDonald are lying. Okay, Sergeant Mica did not describe a woman that exactly matched Stokley, But he was close. Weird how if he was so far off from MacDonald how he would describe someone so similiar. Why would Bryant Lane lie? Why would the patient lie? Are they mistaken? Doubtful. By the time they were interviewed (Lane and the patient) Mitchell and Stokley had already been dead for 5 or 6 years. So this would mean that Lane and the patient were lying to gain attention which i have a hard time believing, I mean I get you are just determined to find MacDonald guilty but come up with something better other than you 'think' he did it. Again, according the physical evidence, MacDonald could not have been the perpetrator. You are assuming he was based on the ridiculous and highly biased 'analysis' done by that scumbag and convicted felon James Blackburn.
Read for comprehension, my friend. Yes, I called Stoeckley and Bryant Lane liars. I'll try not to stutter next time. I said it was unclear if Greg Mitchell ever confessed, so I did not call him a liar. Nor, did I call the Fayetteville(note the spelling) detective a liar. He reported what he was told by Helena Stoeckley. The patient? I assume you mean the pay phone calling patient. Funny how there were no records of that call at the phone company. Computer error, I am sure. And yes, Mac the Knife is the king of all liars. He told Freddy Kassab, his father-in-law, in a taped conversation, that he had tracked down one of the hippies and killed him, for Christ's sake. Oh wow, Kenneth Mica spotted a woman wearing a hat, coat, and rain gear on a rainy night! Get out of here! That would be like seeing a guy in shorts and a t-shirt jogging on a sunny afternoon. I need to come up with something better than I 'think' he did it? There is no think to it. I 'know' he did. Over 1,600 pieces of physical evidence agree with me. Just what physical evidence is there that says Mac the Knife could not have been the killer? Jimmy Blackburn is no choirboy, no doubt. But, being a shady attorney (as most are) does not mean that he was not exactly right concerning MacDonald. Likewise, the pro-Mac supporters constantly cry, "just because he cheated on his wife, that does not mean he killed her!"

Last edited by crystaldawn; 02-11-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #51
justins5256

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I found a site online where you can order the unedited 80 minute video of Helena Stoeckley confessing to the murders. A portion of it was shown on the Final Appeal/Unsolved Mysteries segment on the MacDonald case. It might be worth a look to anyone who is on the fence with regard to her credibility.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #52
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
A "dr" he is not and no longer entitled to that title. He's nothing but a convict now.

The blood and fibre evidence prove that ice pick baby killer is guilty. DNA tests prove no dna from Mitchell or Stokeley found at the crime scene, no fingerprints, no blood, etc.

Oh and Brian Murtagh and Victor Woreheide who compiled the evidence against Mac, all Blackburn did was try him.

Last edited by cami; 02-11-2009 at 04:33 PM.
cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #53
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Not sure if anyone is interested, but I found a site online where you can order the unedited 80 minute video of Helena Stoeckley confessing to the murders. A portion of it was shown on the Final Appeal/Unsolved Mysteries segment on the MacDonald case. It might be worth a look to anyone who is on the fence with regard to her credibility.
Why not try this website instead of a television program heavily biased toward Ice Pick's innocence. How anyone can still believe that man is innocent is beyond me.

Here you can read Stockeley's confession, recantation, confession, recantation. You an also read from Prince Beasley and Gunderson how they kept her in a motel room for an entire weekend promising her a date with show business and feeding her information about the crime scene and the crime.

www.thejeffreymacdonaldcase.com
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #54
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinman
For everyone that believes Mac the Knife is innocent, I suggest you do some research of your own outside of the UM segment. I will agree that the UM segment leans toward his not being guilty and if that was my only knowledge of the case, I would probably also believe that he did not kill his family. However, as much as I love UM, it is a show that mortgages the mystery element to the hilt. I think there are many cases profiled by UM where certains details and explanations were intentionally left out with the sole purpose of keeping the audience guessing. That is what keeps fans glued to their sets each week. Also, with MacDonald's case, UM showed the prosecution's theory first and the defense's theory last. So, the audience comes away from the show with the pro-MacDonald stance fresh on their minds. What if it was the other way around? Would more posters here believe in his guilt?

I know we are not supposed to link other sites here, but I will make a suggestion. Nobody has done more research on the case than Christina Masewicz. Her website is an excellent resource for any questions about the case. She was a Mac supporter in the beginning, but changed her mind because of the overwhelming evidence pointing to Mac and Mac alone.

The bottom line for me is that there are over 1,600 pieces of physical evidence that say that MacDonald is the killer. Not one shred of physical evidence links Helena Stoeckley, Greg Mitchell, or any other hippie to the crime scene. All you have is hearsay, rumors, and rantings from a group of paranoid, schizophrenic drug addicts. And, how convenient that the two whose names come up most often, Stoeckley and Mitchell, both died over 25 years ago.

MacDonald is where he belongs and may he rot for what he did to his family.
thank you for mentioning CM's website, she and Bunny have done a terrific job. If by the time you've read all the lab reports, court transcripts, the article 32, you're still on innocent, then nothing will change your mind. It sounds like that here.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #55
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Quite rude.
I apologize, I didn't mean to be rude. Nothing gets my ire up more than this case.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #56
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Yes Thinman, one point you overlook though is that both Mitchell and Stokley admitted before their deaths that they were involved. Stokley would recant after that scumbag James Blackburn (who by the way later served prison time for tax evasion, embezzlement and many other things and was also disbarred) would threaten her. Now, I do agree there are certain problems with this case. I do believe Dr. MacDonald to be innocent of these murders, however I also believe that he knows more than he is telling. I just get that feeling from him. I mean, to me, it just does not make sense why MacDonald would kill his family in this way. I mean, there should have been blood all over him, there is simply no way that you could kill that many people and with all that blood, not have blood spatter on you. Were MacDonald's pajama's tested? Both the pajama top and pajama bottoms? After all, some will argue he covered Colette with the pajama top on purpose so that he could explain away her blood presence on it. However that type of blood would look different than blood spatter from clubbing and stabbing people to death. Yeah MacDonald had affairs and yeah he was a less than ideal husband. Does not make him guilty of murder though. It is sad that there are folks out there who will instantly think someone is guilty because of an affair. I mean, look at the Manson family murders. Those were extremely vicious and not only were these murders committed by people that did not know the victims but the perpetrators were actually sober and straight the night of the murders.
He did have blood all over him, his pj top was soaked with blood. As were the pj bottoms, the pj bottoms were thrown away at Womack so who knows what type of blood was on his pj bottoms. However, it's strongly suspected it is Kris's blood. You can see the transfer pattern from Mac's pjs on the box spring of her bed.

Yes, according to Mac, these intruders ingested five different drugs that night as opposed to the Manson killers who did no drugs the night of the Tate murders. I suggest that if those alleged intruders ingested 5 different drugs, including acid, they would have been comatose, not murdering little children and a pregnant woman.

I've forgotten a lot of the blood evidence but there were five different blood stains in Colette's blood that stained Mac's pj top before it was torn.

The most damning piece of blood evidence is the blue bedsheet found crumpled with the bedspread on the floor in the master bedroom. Mac's pj top transferred blood stains to the sheet at the same time Colette's did.

And all the blood evidence came in at trial, the defence did not object.

Also, Mac has lost his appeal on the alleged Blackburn threatened Helena at trial so obviously the circuit court doesn't believe that happened.

As for Stockeley, she confessed, recanted, confessed, recanted and confessed some more so which confession should we believe? The one where she goes upstairs and sees the two little boys or the one where she answers the phone and it just happens to be some drunk looking for a Dr. Mac. Her confessions were completely at odds with the physical evidence found in the apt as well.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #57
cami
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryndis
Yup. Just like some murders set crime scenes to look as if it was suicide (burning the body etc), I think it's evident that they purposely attacked him the least so someone would get the blame for their crime instead of them. Plus, wasn't there blonde synthetic hair pieces around the house that also wasn't closed off to the public. He did say that he saw a blurry image of a woman wigth blonde hair with a floppy hat.

If he tried to go to the supreme court already, or hasn't he should use the fourth amendment (for search and seizure). The fact he was tried with evidence from a crime scene that wasn't secured off from the public seems a little fishy to me.
No other case in American jurisprudence has gone to the Supreme court as much as this one has. Mac keeps coming up with silly notions to appeal his murder convictions on and keeps finding even sillier attorneys to represent him. He just lost an appeal.

Well we only have Mac's say so that the public was allowed to view the crime scene..he probably means the neighbour next door who was brought down to identify everyone...that's the public in his mind.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #58
kadrmas15

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. What I will say is that just because a person lost appeals does not mean they are for sure guilty and it does mean the courts are right. What stinks for MacDonald is his case is out of North Carolina which is part of the most conservative federal court system in the country.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #59
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I started this thread and I'm sad to say that I STILL don't know what side of the fence that I'm resting on....

Also, I just thought I'd throw my two cents in on the fact that the prosecutor got busted a few years after the McDonald case for embezzling money. Coming DIRECTLY from someone who is also bound by the rules of the American Bar Association, I can tell you that embezzling money, especially from clients, is a VERY BIG DEAL. I'll repeat that: It's a VERY BIG DEAL. In fact, I'm pretty sure you can get away with almost anything and keep your law license. Embezzling money is the one thing that you can do where you're absolutely guaranteed to never practice law again.

In my opinion, the fact that the prosecutor got busted for embezzlement a few years later says MAJOR things about his character. It's not one of the MAIN reasons that I think that McDonald could be innocent, but it's definitely a factor. The fact that he was also buddy-buddy with the judge is a bigger factor for me, personally.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:42 AM   #60
kadrmas15

I agree CRicci. As I mentioned above, James Blackburn is a total scumbag. Even if MacDonald is guilty, Blackburn is still a piece of garbage. He was perfectly content to throw a potentially innocent man in prison for the rest of his life, to steal money from his law firm and clients and then on top of all of that act like the victim. I saw on Amazon where all these pathetic people were kissing up to him because of a book he wrote, yet these same people were ripping on MacDonald. Pathetic! In my opinion, MacDonald is innocent, Blackburn is a guilty piece of garbage. An embezzler, a thief, a liar and on top of all of that, a person that was willing to put innocent people in jail just to make himself look good so he could chalk another notch in the win column.