Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-03-2009, 01:31 AM   #76
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Regarding the male voice heard in the background of the "Anthonette Emergency Call"....

I watched this one today. I could not even tell that the voice was a man. It actually sounded like a woman to me.

However, that could be because of the poor quality of the DVD I have... it's old fer sure.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #77
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
that's just it, though. The girl never states that she's in trouble, in addition to not mentioning any details about where she's at/the abductors. the only thing she states is her name in location. If i called 911 right now and just gave my name and location, they would be like "so what's the problem?" Again, I'm not faulting Antoinette or whoever it was, but the call just seems odd to me.
I agree. Although Anthonette may have been fully aware that saying her full name would be effective (she had been missing for some time at that point, and very well may have noticed the public had been alerted of her disappearance), it's a little hard for me to imagine a little girl doing this in lieu of immediately explaining what the problem was, i.e., "Help me; I've been kidnapped", etc. I can't even really imagine many adults doing that, but that's nothing more than personal impression.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:48 AM   #78
GeezItsJustMe
Occasional Poster

There is another theory local authorities thought of but could not quite prove as the stories gathered centered around the immediate family. This thread is quite interesting and it has some good points.

I'm not too sure how to say the whole thing but it mainly focuses on the mother as being the one directly involved. The neighborhood in which this family resided is considered very low income, within city limits, and on one of the main roads in the city. Approximately a week after this abduction occured, the mother acquired a brand new vehicle that was well beyond her income capabilities. If my child was abducted, having a new ride would be the last thing on my mind.

Also, the mother's behavior after this abduction wasn't 'normal' for someone who was grieving. I don't remember details but it was along the lines that she had a carefree attitude as if she knew her daughter was ok. A theory that wasn't really emphasized due to the limited resources of people to interview, was that the mother arranged for her daughter to be 'married' off (illegally of course) in exchange for money (and how she got her vehicle).

Taking that into mind, the mother and the other party conspired the kidnapping to make her disappearance more legit. Its a huge possibilty she made sure her daughter was awake enough to hear the knock on the door and knowing she would answer it had she believed it was her uncle. And while this event happened, the mother kept quiet in the room but didnt anticipate that Wendy (the sister) witnessed this situation (if she even did to begin with). I say this only because I knew Wendy as a child and she was no angel, not even close. She was in constant trouble, a well known liar, and a bully. There's a possibility that her behavior was the result of years of instilled fear from her mother in regards to 'witnessing' this kidnapping.

If the mother is involved, that would explain the daughter's reluctance to runaway and seek help, knowing that her mother is the one involved with her departure. The phone call a year later could also be a ploy to keep up with the story of kidnapping and keep the mother clear. If you take Lori Hacking's husband as an example, he was involved with the search for his own wife and in the end, he was the one who killed her. He even went on national television pleading for her return. If this happened recently, what makes you think it didn't go on back then when she was kidnapped?
GeezItsJustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #79
Mastermind

Quote:
Approximately a week after this abduction occured, the mother acquired a brand new vehicle that was well beyond her income capabilities. If my child was abducted, having a new ride would be the last thing on my mind.

She could have planned to buy the car long before the abduction. You also are forgetting that she has another child that she may need to carry along.
Even though her child is abducted she still has to go through everyday activities. There plenty of ways to purchase vehicles under a low income.

Quote:
Taking that into mind, the mother and the other party conspired the kidnapping to make her disappearance more legit. Its a huge possibilty she made sure her daughter was awake enough to hear the knock on the door and knowing she would answer it had she believed it was her uncle. And while this event happened, the mother kept quiet in the room but didnt anticipate that Wendy (the sister) witnessed this situation (if she even did to begin with). I say this only because I knew Wendy as a child and she was no angel, not even close. She was in constant trouble, a well known liar, and a bully. There's a possibility that her behavior was the result of years of instilled fear from her mother in regards to 'witnessing' this kidnapping.
That's waaaay too complex a plan. There is also no way to verify your claims about Wendy.

Quote:
If the mother is involved, that would explain the daughter's reluctance to runaway and seek help, knowing that her mother is the one involved with her departure. The phone call a year later could also be a ploy to keep up with the story of kidnapping and keep the mother clear. If you take Lori Hacking's husband as an example, he was involved with the search for his own wife and in the end, he was the one who killed her. He even went on national television pleading for her return. If this happened recently, what makes you think it didn't go on back then when she was kidnapped?
Huh? why would she call the police that she was abducted in the first place?

There are so much easier ways to make money, than this bizarre plot you mentioned.

Quote:
Also, the mother's behavior after this abduction wasn't 'normal' for someone who was grieving. I don't remember details but it was along the lines that she had a carefree attitude as if she knew her daughter was ok. A theory that wasn't really emphasized due to the limited resources of people to interview, was that the mother arranged for her daughter to be 'married' off (illegally of course) in exchange for money (and how she got her vehicle).
I don't know if there is a "normal" response for child abductions.

Limitationed Resources? The FBI was involved. It was a childhood abduction. On an Indian reservation. The FBI agent could get a full squad on the case if he wanted too.

In childhood abductions, the parents are always a prime suspect. I'm pretty sure she was looked at thoroughly.

Quote:
mother arranged for her daughter to be 'married' off (illegally of course) in exchange for money (and how she got her vehicle).
Considering this would have happened on an Indian Reservation or even in Mexico, legality could be a grey area. Does age of consent laws go for Reservations?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #80
mattc
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezItsJustMe
There is another theory local authorities thought of but could not quite prove as the stories gathered centered around the immediate family. This thread is quite interesting and it has some good points.

I'm not too sure how to say the whole thing but it mainly focuses on the mother as being the one directly involved. The neighborhood in which this family resided is considered very low income, within city limits, and on one of the main roads in the city. Approximately a week after this abduction occured, the mother acquired a brand new vehicle that was well beyond her income capabilities. If my child was abducted, having a new ride would be the last thing on my mind.

Very interesting post I do think it is odd that the mother "bought" a new, expensive car a week after her daughter was abducted, although, as "mastermind" mentioned, that doesn't really say much, and we don't know the circumstances behind it (perhaps this was given to her as a gift by a sympathetic friend/family member, or even community member). Maybe her other car (if she even had a car) wasn't working and this was a gift. Regardless, it does not make me suspicious.

Wendy being a bully doesn't mean she's hiding something; she could just be a bully, or she could be kind of screwed up given the fact that she witnessed a kidnapping and her sister was abducted... You appear to be making conclusions that aren't supported necessarily.

I know you did say it was a theory, and it is interesting to hear about other info of victim's families that were not available to the public (especially from a local resident such as yourself).

Can you give us any more information on the kidnapping? Was the mother questioned extensively?

The one thing I noticed is that on several missing person sites that profile Anthonette, they say that "the police initially thought she was abducted but now believe she is dead." Do you know why they decided that?

It does make me wonder if they now believe she was killed in the home, or somewhere else, and was never abducted at all????

Please give us some more details if you know anything. Thanks.
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:51 AM   #81
Phanekim
Frequent Poster

Quote:

very interesting post. you seem to have more inside information. I think i was the original poster who posted my suspicions on the mother. I think many posters here would like to hear more on this case.
Phanekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:37 PM   #82
egswanso
Forum Regular

Some interesting takes. A common theme amongst many cases profiled on UM was the failure of LE - indeed, I think many rural LE agencies lack the ability to properly investigate and handle crimes such as murder and abduction, leading to many solvable mysteries being UM...

Anyway, you'd think LE would have investigated the mother comprehensively, being that you'd always start with the people in the house. Nothing in the segment suggests she's suspected in any way, shape, or form, so I'd be hesitant to suggest she was involved without a showing that LE hasn't done their job and some evidence of motive, etc.

My prior comment on the "uncle joe" story stands. I just don't find wendy's story credible, so in my mind the entire mechanics of the abduction are unknown.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #83
Mastermind

Quote:
Some interesting takes. A common theme amongst many cases profiled on UM was the failure of LE - indeed, I think many rural LE agencies lack the ability to properly investigate and handle crimes such as murder and abduction, leading to many solvable mysteries being UM...
This case was investigated by the local FBI since it was an abduction. Reservations have a local FBI agent available that investigates any criminal cases. The reservation police had a resouce that very few small towns had, they're own FBI office!!

Again, this is an abduction, not a murder case. These cases should get as much attention as an abduction in a large city.

Keep in mind that many states have a state burea of investigations that assists small rural communities. These investigators usually competent since a lot of them used to work for large city police departments.

To be honest, there's really no basic rule when it comes to investigations in large or small cities Sometimes, small rural investigators are better since they only have one or two cases and can focus on cases more. A large city homicide unit, has to clear cases in 48 hrs and move on to the next investigation.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #84
GeezItsJustMe
Occasional Poster

Default quick stop

Just getting a quick glance at this thread, sorry I can't really elaborate on details all to much at the moment...heading out the door.

The house she was abducted on was not on reservation land whatsoever. It is well within the City of Gallup limits and idk why the FBI was involved. The reservation is located south of the city.

The neighborhood she lived in was one of the most poverty stricken neighborhoods in the city. The vehicle was paid in full and was not a gift or charity thing. When questioned, conflicting stories arose
GeezItsJustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #85
mah79
Frequent Poster

These are all very interesting posts and theories. I haven't read through all the pages yet, but I want to go back and read what others have said. The Anthonette Cayedito case was one of my favorite Unsolved Mysteries cases. These are some thoughts I had:
Why would the girls be up so late the night she was kidnapped? Where was the mother at 3 AM when the kidnapper knocked on the door? THat never made sense to me. IN fact, I remember when I first saw the case on TV, I was in elementary school and my mother used it as a lesson to scare me. ("YOu SEE? THat's why you NEVER open the door to anyone!")
ALso, what happened to Anthonette's mom and sisters? I think her sisters would be in their late 20's/early 30's today? Then again, I have not read the other pages in this thread, soI am not sure if other updates were posted.
mah79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #86
Mastermind

Quote:
The neighborhood she lived in was one of the most poverty stricken neighborhoods in the city. The vehicle was paid in full and was not a gift or charity thing. When questioned, conflicting stories arose
I wonder if antoinette was held as a "marker".
Old 10-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #87
youngUMfan
Frequent Poster

mastermind, I don't understand what you mean by a "marker"
youngUMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:11 AM   #88
Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngUMfan
mastermind, I don't understand what you mean by a "marker"
It's criminal slang for someone or something taken as collateral for payment on a debt. (though I could be wrong...)and using the wrong word)
Old 10-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #89
youngUMfan
Frequent Poster

Hmmm... mastermind, now I wonder how you know those terms... Hmmm......
youngUMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #90
Phanekim
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Just getting a quick glance at this thread, sorry I can't really elaborate on details all to much at the moment...heading out the door.

The house she was abducted on was not on reservation land whatsoever. It is well within the City of Gallup limits and idk why the FBI was involved. The reservation is located south of the city.

conflicting stories?
Phanekim is offline   Reply With Quote