Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #61
buddah
Occasional Poster

Default I won't name names

but during that time the neighborhood was polluted with drugs and everyone was doing them, I'll have to read through the info, but I remember something someone said at the time but it was never proven, the guy I'm thinking of was a well known tough and dealer, there was a party every night and this person preyed on his type, KS was a wannabe type, or hanger on, has it been said if he had any amount of money on him? Where he was found in Newburgh Hts, is just outside of Cleveland and the area he was found in is a dump next to the steel mill, does anyone know the name of the party host, I knew of some Detroit people who were heavy PCP users and dealers around this time, but older than KS
buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #62
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah
but during that time the neighborhood was polluted with drugs and everyone was doing them, I'll have to read through the info, but I remember something someone said at the time but it was never proven, the guy I'm thinking of was a well known tough and dealer, there was a party every night and this person preyed on his type, KS was a wannabe type, or hanger on, has it been said if he had any amount of money on him? Where he was found in Newburgh Hts, is just outside of Cleveland and the area he was found in is a dump next to the steel mill, does anyone know the name of the party host, I knew of some Detroit people who were heavy PCP users and dealers around this time, but older than KS
The woman who had the party is only known as "Susan". It was never said if Kurt had money on him or not, Aside from Dan Trusec (Kurt's freind that saw him walking down the street on Sunday) and Kurt's parents there were no names mentioned.
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #63
buddah
Occasional Poster

Default After reading some of the earlier

posts and watching again on you tube, I know the brothers were partyers, getting high and drinking was the thing back then, I am going to try and get in touch with some people from then, I moved out a while ago, that neighborhood has become a ghetto in the worst way now, so I'll have to dig and find some old friends, I remember little Sova showing up and hanging around some, seemed to party like the rest of us back then, the mother and father seemed a little naive with all the trouble the other brother got into.
buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #64
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah
posts and watching again on you tube, I know the brothers were partyers, getting high and drinking was the thing back then, I am going to try and get in touch with some people from then, I moved out a while ago, that neighborhood has become a ghetto in the worst way now, so I'll have to dig and find some old friends, I remember little Sova showing up and hanging around some, seemed to party like the rest of us back then, the mother and father seemed a little naive with all the trouble the other brother got into.
Hey any new info you can provide would be a great help. Let us know what you can come up with thanks again
Old 02-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #65
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

This case really gets to me, I hate when young people are found dead. Anyways, I think with the whole party thing, it was right around that time before halloween, which is well known to be a big party time, not saying the only time, but there were probably more parties/bigger parties around this time. Also, I always forget to keep in mind that Kurt Sova was only 17, I always seem to forget that. I know his parents were naive in saying he didn't drink/do drugs, but 17 is a tough age, I remember being 17 and how it was. People are always trying to fit in/rebel against their parents, and do things they wouldn't normally do. I think maybe he did something or went with those "shady" people just to feel like he belonged or that he was rebelling possibly. Also, I rarely drink, but i know that when I have, I would do many things that normally I would never think of doing, or hang out with people that normally I would never think of or want to hang out with. This could be the case with him, maybe he got very drunk and decided to do drugs, or go places with these drug dealer type of people, or as buddha said, maybe people that his brothers knew/hung out with. Who knows, maybe he wanted to go home, but the people he was with made fun of him or pressured him into staying at the parties or going with them to wherever the druggies went. There are so many possibilities, I really hope to see this solved. It seems though, with many updates from unsolved mysteries, the real answers are sometimes ones I would have never thought of. So who really knows.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 AM   #66
UMfan77

Also, the fact that Kurt's neighborhood was littered with drugs didn't help matters any, it's like, in order to "fit in" he had no choice but to take that path. He probably would've had to stay in his house 24/7 if he wanted to stay away from the bad influences. It's really such a sad case all around.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:29 PM   #67
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Yes, I thought his parents were a bit naive too in saying that he didnt drink or do drugs. I mean I get that it is completely natural for parents to want to think their kids dont do "bad" things but they were naive on that no doubt. But in Kurt's case, isnt it true they do not even really know what he died from? Because I know the ME said he didnt have enough alcohol in his system to kill him, he did not appear to be beaten, he didnt have any pre existing disease that would cause death. It was just very bizarre. I think the police botched the investigation from day 1. I do think it is likely that whoever killed Kurt also killed that other boy that Kurt knew.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 PM   #68
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
I do think it is likely that whoever killed Kurt also killed that other boy that Kurt knew.
If we assume that that picture shown on the broadcast of Eugene was several years old by then. That kid looked about ten years old if not younger - Kurt Sova was sixteen I believe when he died so if Eugene was not around the same age, then I would find it highly unlikely that Eugene was murdered by the same individual.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #69
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well DD, I for one dont think the photo of Eugene was how he looked when he died. I think he was around the same age as Kurt, maybe even a year or two older. They showed a photo of how he looked when he was a kid because that photo of Eugene looked like it was taken in the very early 1970's not the v ery early 1980's.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:34 AM   #70
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Well DD, I for one dont think the photo of Eugene was how he looked when he died. I think he was around the same age as Kurt, maybe even a year or two older. They showed a photo of how he looked when he was a kid because that photo of Eugene looked like it was taken in the very early 1970's not the v ery early 1980's.
They also show a partial shot of his body at the end. You can clearly see he is wearing a large boot, this is not something a young child would be wearing. As I said before though they never state that Eugene's cause of death was unknown, so it is possible they just through him in there to add to the suspense.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:56 AM   #71
UMfan77

I do think it's a strange conscience that both Eugene & Kurt had red hair, just a thought. I thought that no cause of death was found in Eugene's death too.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #72
crystaldawn

I thought of another possibility for Kurt's death while watching an episode of North Mission Road recently and I'm not sure if its been brought up here or not. A teenager was at a party and to the horror of all the guests he collapsed and later died. A cause of death was not determined immediately and there were no drugs or alcohol found in his system. It was later found out that a partygoer had brought a big cooler of a clear liquid that some partygoers were drinking. The boy who died seemed to be consuming a lot of this liquid and it was later determined to be what is now referred to as the date rape drug (or in the family of). Even with today's forensics it was tough for them to actually determine the cause of death but with some effort were able to tie it to that. I wonder if this date rape drug (which I believe is also used as an anethesia sometimes) was around back then and if its possible that could be what Kurt died from.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #73
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

sorry to bring up an older topic, but I was just watching this case again. I don't know if anyone knows about this website called city-data.com, but anyways they have forums for each state and major cities. I just posted something in the cleveland forum on there if there are any new updates on kurt sova. A lot of people post on those forums, so hopefully something could come from it.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #74
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack
sorry to bring up an older topic, but I was just watching this case again. I don't know if anyone knows about this website called city-data.com, but anyways they have forums for each state and major cities. I just posted something in the cleveland forum on there if there are any new updates on kurt sova. A lot of people post on those forums, so hopefully something could come from it.
Probably not. This is a 26 year old case which will more than likely never be solved.
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 AM   #75
ForeverPluto
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fuji
This was one of the most interesting cases I've seen profiled. I too felt that something happened at the party that night. Here's my two cents:

When that lady called Kurt's mom at 3:30 in the morning to tell her she thought her son was sleeping in the basement, she did it in a panic. She probably flipped out because Kurt died down there and her roommates or some of the guys at the party said to just keep him down there until they figured out a plan. She probably figured she would just call the mom and make up the whole sleeping story and expect Kurt's mom to come over and look for her son. When Kurt's mom got there, she was going to say she had no idea she was dead and just thought he was sleeping. But when her roommates or some guys that were there found out she called, they panicked and dumped the body in the ravine. As far as the shoe goes, it's possible that they took Kurt over there and when they got there they found out that he only had one shoe on. They could have dumped the shoe or burned it or anything.

The thing about U.M. is they never give you all the story that you want to hear. For instance, they never clarified how sure that friend was that he actually saw Kurt get into the van. Maybe he was only 20% sure that who he saw really was Kurt. It would have been nice had UM clarified that one fact, because if he really was sure, then something else went on outside of the party.
That's kinda along the lines of what I think happened too. But to take it a bit further, maybe the missing shoe thing was purposely done...as in, what if one of the partygoers or the crazy from Detroit was familiar with the other case of where the other kid was found without his shoe, decided to "take" Kurt's shoe to make it seem as though Kurt was a victim of foul play...to throw people off the fact Kurt might have taken drugs at this party.
ForeverPluto is offline   Reply With Quote