Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-05-2006, 06:59 PM   #61
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well I think you took the quote out of context. I wasnt saying being a sex offender didnt mean squat. What I meant was Pollis's former brother in law said that Pollis was a bad person and must have murdered his sister because his brother is a sex offender. I was saying when you are making that comparison being a sex offender does not mean squat.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:40 AM   #62
boycamel
Occasional Poster

I wasn't saying because of his brother paul did what he did my refrence to pauls brother was to show that his family claims they are well respected in the community,what i was trying to get across was how respected can one be when their kids are constantly being in the news for breaking one law or another , i guess after almost 13yrs eventually Justice will be served either here on earth (hopefully ) or when he faces the creator God, do i belive his dads influence had something to do with the case absoutley as the ex coroner of the area it makes me wonder ,especially when that was all the police and prosecutors would keep reminding everyone of well i thank everyone for all theire prayers and concerns about my sisters case
boycamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #63
boycamel
Occasional Poster

Email to FriendDiscuss this story

Paul Pollis' wife Charlotte Nagi-Pollis has been missing since March 1994.

By ED RUNYAN

VINDICATOR TRUMBULL STAFF

WARREN — Paul Pollis of Howland, convicted in March of carrying a concealed weapon near the township police chief's home in 2005 and later indicted with his wife in a Boardman embezzlement scheme, was set free from Trumbull County Jail after a court hearing Monday.

Pollis, 40, of 201 Southwind Drive, appeared before Judge Peter Kontos of Trumbull County Common Pleas Court, pleaded guilty to a probation violation and was given credit for time served. He was ordered released.

Chris Becker, assistant Trumbull County prosecutor, said Pollis had violated his probation by testing positive for cocaine and failing to appear to take care of warrants for his arrest in Wadsworth, Ohio.

Becker said Pollis' indictment on a charge of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity in Mahoning County could also have been a basis for a probation violation.

Intensive probation

Judge Kontos ruled that Pollis would be required to continue with the remainder of his five years of intensive-supervision probation and complete an outpatient drug and rehabilitation program.

In Howland, Pollis showed up at Chief Paul Monroe's house May 30, 2005, gave the chief a false name and asked whether Monroe knew where Pollis' wife was. Pollis had reported Charlotte Nagi-Pollis missing in March 1994. At the time, the couple lived in Girard. Nagi-Pollis has not been found.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:17 PM   #64
Demopublican
First Time Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
If you do a search on this board you will find someone who posted a few months back that used to work with or for Paul Pollis. He talked about how strange Pollis would act and the outrageous things he would say. I think Paul Pollis is responsible for his wife's disappearance as well. Incidentally, did you know that Charlotte's mom abducted Charlotte's daughter (who Paul had custody of) and as far as I know they are still missing?

The students name was Angela Maher and the drunk driver who hit her was Gloria Schulze. This may have been posted before but here is an article from a few years back and as of then anyway she was still on the run.

http://www.azcentral.com/specials/sp...arrants31.html
Angela was my cousin. It is nice to see that people still remember. Please help keep the pressure on Gloria Shulze.
Demopublican
Baltimore, MD
Demopublican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #65
HyeTev
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycamel
Email to FriendDiscuss this story

Paul Pollis' wife Charlotte Nagi-Pollis has been missing since March 1994.

By ED RUNYAN

VINDICATOR TRUMBULL STAFF

WARREN — Paul Pollis of Howland, convicted in March of carrying a concealed weapon near the township police chief's home in 2005 and later indicted with his wife in a Boardman embezzlement scheme, was set free from Trumbull County Jail after a court hearing Monday.

Pollis, 40, of 201 Southwind Drive, appeared before Judge Peter Kontos of Trumbull County Common Pleas Court, pleaded guilty to a probation violation and was given credit for time served. He was ordered released.

Chris Becker, assistant Trumbull County prosecutor, said Pollis had violated his probation by testing positive for cocaine and failing to appear to take care of warrants for his arrest in Wadsworth, Ohio.

Becker said Pollis' indictment on a charge of engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity in Mahoning County could also have been a basis for a probation violation.

Intensive probation

Judge Kontos ruled that Pollis would be required to continue with the remainder of his five years of intensive-supervision probation and complete an outpatient drug and rehabilitation program.
Wow, this dude really gets around, doesn't he? I think it's time for Ohio to pass a 'three strikes' law.

Quote:
In Howland, Pollis showed up at Chief Paul Monroe's house May 30, 2005, gave the chief a false name and asked whether Monroe knew where Pollis' wife was. Pollis had reported Charlotte Nagi-Pollis missing in March 1994. At the time, the couple lived in Girard. Nagi-Pollis has not been found.
That has got to be one of the nuttiest things I've ever heard. He is certifiable indeed.

Guilty as sin. He had it written all over his face during the UM interview.
HyeTev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:05 PM   #66
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

boycamel, what about Layla? Is she still missing?
NDAlum2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #67
boycamel
Occasional Poster

Oh No

YOUNGSTOWN — A Howland couple has agreed to forfeit all assets purchased with money police say was stolen from the woman’s Boardman employer.

Deborah Toda, 48, 201 Southwind Drive, appeared Wednesday before Mahoning County Common Pleas Judge Maureen Sweeney for a pre-trial hearing. According to court records, Toda is set to plea Jan. 30. She is facing felony charges of aggravated grand theft, forgery, money laundering and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity with forfeiture specifications.

Toda was arrested June 16 when police served a warrant at the Howland home she shares with Paul Pollis, 39, who also faces charges of money laundering and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.

Toda remains in Mahoning County Jail on a $1.5 million bond, while Pollis was released from jail Oct. 10 after posting a $10,000 bond.

The charges stem from allegations the pair stole money from a branch of the North Central Pennsylvania Dialysis Clinic in Boardman over a two-year period that started in 2004. Prosecutors also were seeking forfeiture of property they say was purchased with the more than $1 million stolen from the clinic.

Toda is set to be released from federal parole this month after a 2001 conviction for a similar scheme against a Niles company that landed her in prison. She served 26 months of a 30-month term in that case.

The couple’s Howland home was searched in June after Toda’s arrest on theft charges. According to the search warrant unsealed June 20, police removed the following items from the home: 13 cars — among them, three BMWs, a Jaguar and two Ford Mustangs — a red wallet containing 22 credit cards, a black mink coat, several pieces of jewelry — some pieces worth more than $10,000 — photographs of trips to Italy, Paris and London, and numerous financial records.

In June, police were still looking for between $200,000 and $600,000 of the $1.6 million they say she stole. At the time, Boardman detective Greg Stepuk said Toda, who was the clinic’s bookkeeper, opened a bank account under the name of a legitimate vendor her employer had used, and then added herself as the sole signatory on the account. She would write deposit-only checks to the vendor, 53 in all dating from July 2004, and deposit them into the account. Then she would withdraw cash, Stepuk said.

Stepuk could not be reached for comment Wednesday on whether the missing money has been found.

In March, Pollis was placed on five years probation and prohibited from owning any firearms after pleading guilty Jan. 23 to a charge of carrying a concealed weapon. He also was ordered to spend 30 days in Trumbull County Jail before undergoing the intensive supervision probation, was ordered to forfeit any firearms in his possession, and was banned from using alcohol or drugs.

Pollis was arrested on Memorial Day 2005, after he confronted Howland police Chief Paul Monroe in the driveway of the chief’s home, gave a fake name and had a gun between his leg and the console of his Jeep.

In March 1994, Pollis reported his wife, Charlotte Nagi Pollis, missing from their Girard home. The couple’s two children were toddlers at the time. The case remains unsolved.

In 2002, Pollis was charged with improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle. The charge was amended to a disorderly conduct charge, on which Pollis was convicted. Pollis also was charged with domestic violence Jan. 10 and was free on a personal recognizance bond in Warren Municipal Court before pleading guilty to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct. He also was placed on probation in that court.

The Tribune Chronicle learned Wednesday Pollis also has an outstanding warrant from 2003 in Wadsworth in Medina County. The warrant was issued after he failed to appear for trial on a theft charge filed by Wadsworth police Oct. 20, 2003. Pollis is accused of driving away without paying for gas at a BP station. A Wadsworth police spokeswoman said the department’s pursuit radius only covers adjoining counties, Medina area.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:17 AM   #68
wiseguy182

Quote:
The couple’s Howland home was searched in June after Toda’s arrest on theft charges. According to the search warrant unsealed June 20, police removed the following items from the home: 13 cars — among them, three BMWs, a Jaguar and two Ford Mustangs — a red wallet containing 22 credit cards, a black mink coat, several pieces of jewelry — some pieces worth more than $10,000 — photographs of trips to Italy, Paris and London, and numerous financial records.
How discouraging it was to learn that Paul Pollis is or was living in the lap of luxury when he should be behind bars.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:17 AM   #69
joshmoe
Occasional Poster

as far as im concerned none you have any idea to the slightest degree of what is goin on are what actually happened here. i am someone who fourtunately does. and for a fact i know paul pollis did NOT kill his wife, has 2 kids, both parents are moral and kind people and anyone who say other words is mistaken. i will asure you this is not an opinion. the father is stern but a nice person, the other is a loving and quiet woman, the husband a misunderstood man that has been wrongfully accused of a terrible crime he did not commit, the chidren are in a terrible plight, and the wifes parents are so incredibly full of cucka that it makes me sick to believe they are living people somewhere in this world breathing our not so clean clean air.

this paragraph is dedicated to dispoving paul pollis's (and familys') involvement in the disapearance of charlotte nagi pollis. the proof i have that noone else has on this discriminating webpage is that i know the man being accused. that is right, i am paul pollis friend and i am standing up for what i know. that is not a typo. i said what i know, not what i think. what i know is that the nagis', of yemen decent, more than likely took the daughter and not the son of paul's is because in yemen, they sell the daughters to families to marry. more than likely she is being sold to a family for cash. if you do not believe me you can look it up or go over and ask them. the only reason you haven't heard of them being caught is because the federal government is lazy and has no intention of finding someone that committed a crime because it'd be easier to just let it go. and the reason the son was not abducted is because he couldnt be sold or used for anything and they would've had to pay for him to get married in yemen. and the reason the interview wasn't that good is because if you had to be put in a situation unsuspectedly like this then you would be having a difficut time as well. noone has the right to say anything rude about the parents beacues the mother is the most loving and caring person alive or ever was, and the father is a stern man but nice and well moralled person, the husband paul is a great man and has had some problems in life that he didnt cause and is being accused without propper evidence. i would like to know why people think he had something to do with it beacuse if you have never talked to him or met him then you have no right to descriminate him. i want no more comments on this subject unless you have suficial evidence to prove this wrong. and i think it is incredibly STUPID what some of these people have to say to this. you people must say what ever pops into your heads and write it down on here. that is honestly what i think. challengs yourself and try to research this matter. interview paul yourself and talk to him about this. and i read one thread saying he is finally going to jail at long last and i think thats repulsive. oh yeah im glad hes goin to jail! it will make me feel so much happier to have a man behind bars that did absolutely nothing and being critized by people who know nothing and will never do anything to the people who criticize. i will asure you this is not paul or charlotte or parents of paul or charlotte. all i will say is this is a friend of pauls closer than you know and i will not stand for this intolerable acts of uncivilized humanity twards a man inoccent of wrong doing and should be apologized to by all of thosewho say anything negative about paul.
joshmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:24 AM   #70
joshmoe
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
How discouraging it was to learn that Paul Pollis is or was living in the lap of luxury when he should be behind bars.
i would like to know who wiseguy thinks he is? what right do you have to say paul deserve to be behind bars? you have no idea about this case do you? i honestly pitty your ignorance. not just you but all of you who think he should be behind bars and that is truely sad!
Old 12-28-2006, 11:35 AM   #71
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmoe
i would like to know who wiseguy thinks he is? what right do you have to say paul deserve to be behind bars? you have no idea about this case do you? i honestly pitty your ignorance. not just you but all of you who think he should be behind bars and that is truely sad!
Well speaking as moderator, joshmoe, I really think you have a lot of nerve with your diatribe. First off this is a message board and EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion!!! No one is going to be criticized for giving their thoughts and opinion on a case and if you know Paul Pollis personally and don't think he is guilty than thats your choice. The vast majority of people on the board from everything we've read in newspaper articles, seen on the UM segment and even heard from other people who also knew Paul that have posted on here think he's guilty and we are certainly entitled to think that just as you are entitled to think he's innocent. The fact that you're trying to get us to feel sorry for Paul Pollis is laughable so I wouldn't even waste your time on that one. As far as your statement "I want no more comments on this subject unless you have evidence to prove this wrong" takes a lot of nerve. You don't decide who gets to say what on this board and if you don't like what you're reading than stop reading.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:07 PM   #72
HyeTev
Frequent Poster

I honestly do not understand how anyone can think he's NOT guilty. Of course, that is JUST my opinion.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #73
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Well speaking as moderator, joshmoe, I really think you have a lot of nerve with your diatribe. First off this is a message board and EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion!!! No one is going to be criticized for giving their thoughts and opinion on a case and if you know Paul Pollis personally and don't think he is guilty than thats your choice. The vast majority of people on the board from everything we've read in newspaper articles, seen on the UM segment and even heard from other people who also knew Paul that have posted on here think he's guilty and we are certainly entitled to think that just as you are entitled to think he's innocent. The fact that you're trying to get us to feel sorry for Paul Pollis is laughable so I wouldn't even waste your time on that one. As far as your statement "I want no more comments on this subject unless you have evidence to prove this wrong" takes a lot of nerve. You don't decide who gets to say what on this board and if you don't like what you're reading than stop reading.
Well said, Heather.

And who knows? That might even be Paul Pollis himself posting. We'd better watch what we say or we'll end up in a shed too!
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #74
HyeTev
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Well said, Heather.

And who knows? That might even be Paul Pollis himself posting. We'd better watch what we say or we'll end up in a shed too!
Paul's wigout over the shed is what did it for me. Forget the fact that the cops found a spot of blood in Paul's trunk and the fact that the house was completely scrubbed from top to bottom just days after Charlotte's disappearance.

Hey, if he had nothing to hide he could have just gone out to the shed and opened it up. Purty damn simple to me.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 AM   #75
joshmoe
Occasional Poster

oh ye ole little intelligence,no the comments made the other day came from someone just speaking their mind.Not me.To so agressively respond and in such a venomous manner just reinforces my feelings of how very few people had ever been adult enough to come and speak with me with any objectivity at all.I give no other feelings towards that person who defended me other than to say he or she just spoke their mind.And you,being the haters,terribly criticize this person for thier point of view. None of you will truly ever know who or what I am,nor do you deserve to.To respond with the comment just shows your lack of education ,compassion, and fairness to the laws and rights established to the people of this country and it makes almost feel sorry for you,all of you.Walk amile in my shoes ,for that matter 13 years now.the shame is that those who know not ,know not they know not.And will continue to bash my name,lie and do to me thats your choice but so biased. Your ignorance makes me sad and sorry for your one sided pt. of view.I'll not apologize for something i didnt do.EVER!!!From my standpoint all of you are terribly hurt and I thank you for the [however misguided ] concern,but maybe keep some of your feelings to yourselves. Paul Pollis