Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #31
keith warren
Frequent Poster

For the record the pictures are the offical photos taken by the police. The clothing that you see on are not what the family recieved. The police justified their actions for not givng the clothing back by stating there was too much decomposition on the body and they had to destroy the items. The explanation did not come until 6yrs later after the pictures were released. Up until that point the family had no idea that someone changed his clothing. The items which were returned to the family at the time of death were brown leather boots, a blue hoodie jacket and a ripped up bag. if you closly examine the pictures none of these items are near the body. The items were the items the police said were on his person at the time of death. The items returned to the family are in fact those that belonged to keith, however the items on the body on the tree are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
That photo in Jet magazine is very disturbing to view. I know we're all pretty well used to seeing and talking about horrific subject matter, but I wasn't expecting the photo to be so large, or to be the first thing to show up after clicking the link.
keith warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:16 PM   #32
egswanso
Forum Regular

This is absolutely a case where LE bungled the investigation from day one. Whether it was done from malice (i.e., the police had something to do with the crime) or incompetence (sadly, not uncommon among LE), the failure to properly investigate this crime when it was fresh is inexcusable and, sadly, likely ensures it will never be solved. I hope I'm wrong.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #33
browneyes106

The Keith Warren segment has always been hard for me to watch.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #34
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

The Keith Warren case has always been very strange and sad to me. I really feel for the family and for him. For some reason, even those this happened in 86 I believe, it always seemed more recent to me. Maybe because it was a newer segment, or because his mother seemed so young. Keith seemed like a nice kid and reminds me of someone I know, so I have always felt like I knew him in a way. I hope this gets solved and I can't believe it has already been so long. It is too bad for everyone involved.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #35
dynoguy88

Default reply

Wow! That picture is truly disturbing. I'm very surprised it was actually printed in that article. To think that those photos were actually mailed to Keith's mother.

I just watched this segment for the first time in years and it's still hard to watch. Keith looked like a nice, very harmless guy in those photos. It's hard to believe that someone would want to end his life the way they did.

I'm reminded of a quote from one of the investigators in the Danny Casolaro case. He said, "When police screw up, they cover up." That seems so blatantly obvious in this case. There's just too many questionable moves by the police from day one.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Keith's family.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #36
slasherman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith warren
For the record the pictures are the offical photos taken by the police.
Is the pictures from what the mother received or is the pictures from the police? I mean have the pictures the mother received been confirmed authentic?
Quote:
The items returned to the family are in fact those that belonged to keith, however the items on the body on the tree are not.
This is strange indeed, I can not see any logical reason why someone would change Keith's clothes. It make no sense. Thats is why I ask if the photos are confirmed authentic.

That being said I'm pretty sure this is a racist related killing. Keith was known for dating white girls, and the key to solving this case could be to find all the white girls he was/had been dating. It could be one of the white girls family member or friends which are responsible. The only reason the police did so little to investigate is because they are racist themselves.
slasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #37
keith warren
Frequent Poster

Yes , the pictures are authentic and were confirmed by the police department to be the photo's taken by the investigative team at the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasherman
Is the pictures from what the mother received or is the pictures from the police? I mean have the pictures the mother received been confirmed authentic?

This is strange indeed, I can not see any logical reason why someone would change Keith's clothes. It make no sense. Thats is why I ask if the photos are confirmed authentic.

That being said I'm pretty sure this is a racist related killing. Keith was known for dating white girls, and the key to solving this case could be to find all the white girls he was/had been dating. It could be one of the white girls family member or friends which are responsible. The only reason the police did so little to investigate is because they are racist themselves.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #38
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:
Sadly Keith's mom passed away unexpectedly at the end of May this year.
I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences. I hope that she is resting at peace and with her son. This situation must be very hard on your family and friends. I hope you get the answers you deserve.
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #39
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

Good Lord, those pictures. I admit that when I first saw this segment as a kid, I was morbidly curious to see the pictures that were sent to his mom. But actually seeing them, especially the one where his face is shown, is just so sad. Poor guy.

I know that the clothes he was found wearing did not belong to him, but did the police ever say where they found the clothes that were returned to his mom? (this included his pair of brown boots.) Were they near the body? or was this never addressed?
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #40
dynoguy88

Default reply

Neither the Unsolved Mysteries segment nor any articles seem to mention anything about the final hours or days of Keith's life. Who was the last person to see him alive? When was the last time any of his friends or family talked to him? Was he acting strangely? Was he acting scared? Depressed?

That car of shady looking characters looking for Keith happened a full week before he died. And then we don't anything else about that week except for the fact that Mark Findley was looking for him as well.

I'd like to know more about that last week.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #41
keith warren
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bates
Good Lord, those pictures. I admit that when I first saw this segment as a kid, I was morbidly curious to see the pictures that were sent to his mom. But actually seeing them, especially the one where his face is shown, is just so sad. Poor guy.

I know that the clothes he was found wearing did not belong to him, but did the police ever say where they found the clothes that were returned to his mom? (this included his pair of brown boots.) Were they near the body? or was this never addressed?
the explanation given to the family by police concerning the clothing was
that the items that they received were in the vicinity of the body but not on the body
Old 10-06-2009, 10:25 PM   #42
keith warren
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Neither the Unsolved Mysteries segment nor any articles seem to mention anything about the final hours or days of Keith's life. Who was the last person to see him alive? When was the last time any of his friends or family talked to him? Was he acting strangely? Was he acting scared? Depressed?

That car of shady looking characters looking for Keith happened a full week before he died. And then we don't anything else about that week except for the fact that Mark Findley was looking for him as well.

I'd like to know more about that last week.

The week of his death, on that Monday Keith had a conversaton with his sister and had planned to pick her up from out of town and bring her home. On Tuesday Keith left the house and did not return home that evening or the next day. This was out of character for him. Keith always let his mother know if he planned on staying over a friends house. His mother tried to file a missing persons report on Wednesday and was told by police that she would have to wait 48hrs before she could file the report. Keith's body was found on that Thursday.

On a side note on the offical medical examiners report he stated he had talked to Keith's sister and she stated that Keith was depressed and missing for several days. This was a bold face lie. Keith only had one sister and at the time of the report she was not in the state of Maryland. The ME has never had contact with her.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #43
dynoguy88

Default reply

Interesting. So basically we have roughly around a 48 hour period from the time Keith left home on Tuesday to the time his body was found on Thursday.

This happened in July and Keith was a month away from starting college so he wasn't leaving for school on Tuesday. Did he have a Summer job? If so, his co-workers might have been the last ones to see him. If he didn't have a job, then it's much harder to trace his steps from the time he left home. And really...you had to wait 48 hours before you could report a missing person in those days? I always thought it was 24 hours.

The issue of the clothes always bugged me. I always suspected Keith had been murdered and his killers made a lame attempt to make it look like suicide. I just never understood why they changed his clothes. Killing him was their main goal. What difference did it make what he was wearing?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #44
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88

The issue of the clothes always bugged me. I always suspected Keith had been murdered and his killers made a lame attempt to make it look like suicide. I just never understood why they changed his clothes. Killing him was their main goal. What difference did it make what he was wearing?
According to the segment, "the only items of clothing returned to the family were Keith's jacket and brown boots". If that is true, than the only thing I can think of is that the rest of his original clothing (shirt, pants, etc..) had to have had some evidence of foul play on it. So those items were disposed of. He was probably redressed because they wanted it to look like a suicide, and it would have seemed odd if he'd been nude. That's the best I can come up with.
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #45
keith warren
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bates
According to the segment, "the only items of clothing returned to the family were Keith's jacket and brown boots". If that is true, than the only thing I can think of is that the rest of his original clothing (shirt, pants, etc..) had to have had some evidence of foul play on it. So those items were disposed of. He was probably redressed because they wanted it to look like a suicide, and it would have seemed odd if he'd been nude. That's the best I can come up with.
If you recall the independent ME stated that Keith had high levels of several different chemicals in his body 7yrs after his death. The levels were so high that the ME couldn’t imagine what they were in 1986. The ME also stated that Keith would not have had the mental or physical capability to tie the rope in such an elaborate manner let alone climb up on something and jump. The chemicals were not those used in embalming, they were paint thinners and degreasers. It is the belief of the family that Keith threw up on his clothing and soiled them.