Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #46
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

An abortion gone wrong could explain her disappearance..........but her behavior seemed too incredibly bizzare to lay on that alone.

The more I think about it, the more I think this case has some eerie parallels to that of Rhonda Hinson.

It was mentioned that Tammy went to an out of town gathering with other actors/actresses/movie industry people, then came back changed......

I think she was either raped/sexually assaulted at that gathering, which could possibly explain some of her mood swings.......and then was kidnapped to prevent her from blowing the whistle. She could've also been threatened first...then kidnapped later.

....or

She discovered/witnessed/became aware of something shady, shady enough to put her life in danger. Subsequently she could've been threatened, either once or repeatedly......the threats causing psychological damage which would account for her changed mood. Later on, the person or persons behind this could've changed their mind and had her kidnapped.....or she could've simply dove off the deep end.
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:44 AM   #47
wiseguy182

here's something I just thought of. Tammy was from Cocoa Beach, Florida. Wasn't Amy Billig also from Cocoa Beach? Think there's any chance the Outlaws nabbed her?

That leads me to this realization: the ending of this segment is rather abrupt (as with at least a few others) , which is kind of odd because all along I kept thinking what a wonderfully produced segment this was, and they had been focusing on details. We're lead to believe that somebody from this party nabbed her, although who knows. They don't go into great detail about the party. I'm left wondering "What kind of party was it?" "Who was there?" and questions like that.

I always thought it was a bit convenient for the supposed kidnappers to happen upon Tammy, as they would have had absolutely no idea that she would have been dropped off in town as she had basically been a shut-in for several months up to that point. Plus, the party I believe was an out-of-town party, so the alleged kidnappers would have had to travel a significant distance, then magically find Tammy downtown on the one day she's out. This seems unlikely.

Another realization that I had is a detail that might be easy to overlook, in fact I originally overlooked it. Tammy's mother said regarding the day of her disappearance, that Tammy was in an unusually (for the time period) good and normal mood. Interestingly, a large number of people that are about to commit suicide or run away are in a good mood shortly before doing so. The reason for this is that they know that they will no longer have to put up with certain burdens they face in their current environment. the segment very briefly touches up on the Tammy wanting to get away from her mother angle, and I wonder if there's merit to it. Tammy did compete in 300+ pageants, and it could have taken a toll on her.

I don't know if I disbelieve the friend that dropped Tammy off or not, but it seems unlikely that someone so terrified of something/someone would allow themselves to be dropped off, by themselves. Plus she had no shoes or purse at the time.

Unfortunately, I don't think the odds of Tammy being found alive are very good. Most would say she's uncommonly beautiful and she would no doubt stand out in a crowd. I don't think there's been any sightings in 24 years. But, we can always have hope she will be found alive and is in good health.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 AM   #48
Chris Billings
Frequent Poster

DarkDante's theory number #5 makes sense to me too.

Christopher
Chris Billings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #49
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
here's something I just thought of. Tammy was from Cocoa Beach, Florida. Wasn't Amy Billig also from Cocoa Beach? Think there's any chance the Outlaws nabbed her?
You're about 200 miles off. Amy Billig was from Coconut Grove, which is a section of Miami. Tammy Leppert was from Cocoa Beach, which is on the Space Coast near Cape Canaveral.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #50
Jediknight1823
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I always thought it was a bit convenient for the supposed kidnappers to happen upon Tammy, as they would have had absolutely no idea that she would have been dropped off in town as she had basically been a shut-in for several months up to that point. Plus, the party I believe was an out-of-town party, so the alleged kidnappers would have had to travel a significant distance, then magically find Tammy downtown on the one day she's out. This seems unlikely.
If Tammy did witness something having to do with drug dealing and money laundering, it's a complete possibility that they wouldn't have had to travel that far. She could have seen something that a lot of banks and high profile people in Florida knew about. The people who wanted her to keep quiet could have been keeping an eye on her, she noticed them after getting out of the car, and they decided to make sure she wouldn't talk.
Jediknight1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:36 AM   #51
wiseguy182

I searched the net for info on Tammy. There are a lot of conflicting reports out there. Some state that Tammy didn't carry a purse, others report that she had a grey purse with her. Some are saying she was barefoot, while others say this is incorrect. One site says that the UM segment got several things wrong.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:04 PM   #52
DP1
Forum Regular

Amy Billig's disappearance was almost ten years before Tammy Leppert's if I recall as well.
DP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #53
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

I hope I am not being disrespectful to Suzanne, but I still think the extreme paranoia exhibited by Tammy is indicative of some kind of mental distrubance. Her fear would have appeared very real, I'm sure, because to Tammy it would have been real. If doctors examined her and ruled out schizophrenia, then I would be interested in examining other causes. Extreme bipolar disorder can cause similar delusions, and there are other conditions capable of producing these types of symptoms as well. I just highly doubt that a girl that young could be an imminent target of supposedly dangerous people for so long without turning up murdered. She was exhibiting the paranoia for some time, as I recall, between when she came back from shooting the film and when she finally disappeared. If she really had seen something she "wasn't supposed to," she would have been taken care of pretty quickly --- it makes no sense to wait and wait and wait, giving her ample opportunity to squeal to whomever before abducting her.

One question I would have for Suzanne, if she ever posts here again, would be this: what exactly do you mean that Tammy was going to "tell on" whoever owed her money? Tell whom? And what would "telling" have accomplished? It's not as if we're talking about little kids here --- if she was really owed a substantial amount of money by someone who could not or would not pay, she would have to a) have proof of the debt and b) be ready to consult a lawyer about how she could go about getting remittance. She wouldn't have been someone with the power to refer the person to a collection agency, I assume, so the only reason to fear her, from the debtor's perspective, would be if she were really preparing to file a law suit, and even then the burden of proof would have been on her. Surely there would have been evidence she was preparing a law suit, and that whoever she was planning on naming as the defendant would have been the number one suspect? And how much money could we possibly be talking about here? She was too young to have been in a position to have lent out more than, at most, a couple thousand dollars, right? She would have had a hard time getting any lawyer to be interested in a sum as small as that, which means we're talking about small claims court. I just can't see this as a motive for a homicide.

I think it is likely that she was suffering from some mental problems which caused her to make some poor choices. Specifically, I think it most likely she was sadly raped and murdered by someone who recognized her for the vulnerable, perhaps gullible person she was. The really nasty people in this world are always looking for people who are easy to take advantage of, and I'm afraid Tammy, from every description I've read of her, fit that description to a T, because she was not rational the way the average person is. This doesn't make the crime one iota less horrible, mind you, but I do think that her probable mental impairment led to her death, mostly because it allowed her to trust someone who a more rational person would not have trusted and/or do something that a more rational person would not have done.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #54
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
I hope I am not being disrespectful to Suzanne, but I still think the extreme paranoia exhibited by Tammy is indicative of some kind of mental distrubance. Her fear would have appeared very real, I'm sure, because to Tammy it would have been real. If doctors examined her and ruled out schizophrenia, then I would be interested in examining other causes. Extreme bipolar disorder can cause similar delusions, and there are other conditions capable of producing these types of symptoms as well. I just highly doubt that a girl that young could be an imminent target of supposedly dangerous people for so long without turning up murdered. She was exhibiting the paranoia for some time, as I recall, between when she came back from shooting the film and when she finally disappeared. If she really had seen something she "wasn't supposed to," she would have been taken care of pretty quickly --- it makes no sense to wait and wait and wait, giving her ample opportunity to squeal to whomever before abducting her.

One question I would have for Suzanne, if she ever posts here again, would be this: what exactly do you mean that Tammy was going to "tell on" whoever owed her money? Tell whom? And what would "telling" have accomplished? It's not as if we're talking about little kids here --- if she was really owed a substantial amount of money by someone who could not or would not pay, she would have to a) have proof of the debt and b) be ready to consult a lawyer about how she could go about getting remittance. She wouldn't have been someone with the power to refer the person to a collection agency, I assume, so the only reason to fear her, from the debtor's perspective, would be if she were really preparing to file a law suit, and even then the burden of proof would have been on her. Surely there would have been evidence she was preparing a law suit, and that whoever she was planning on naming as the defendant would have been the number one suspect? And how much money could we possibly be talking about here? She was too young to have been in a position to have lent out more than, at most, a couple thousand dollars, right? She would have had a hard time getting any lawyer to be interested in a sum as small as that, which means we're talking about small claims court. I just can't see this as a motive for a homicide.

I think it is likely that she was suffering from some mental problems which caused her to make some poor choices. Specifically, I think it most likely she was sadly raped and murdered by someone who recognized her for the vulnerable, perhaps gullible person she was. The really nasty people in this world are always looking for people who are easy to take advantage of, and I'm afraid Tammy, from every description I've read of her, fit that description to a T, because she was not rational the way the average person is. This doesn't make the crime one iota less horrible, mind you, but I do think that her probable mental impairment led to her death, mostly because it allowed her to trust someone who a more rational person would not have trusted and/or do something that a more rational person would not have done.
As I mentioned above, Tammy had essentially been a shut-in for several months the day she disappeared. She was apparently feeling ok that day and that is why she went out. If she was abducted, it was probably the first opportunity the abductor(s) had. They could have broke into her home, but there were at least two other people living there (her mother and Wing Flanagan), so it would have been a lot riskier.

I think it is very possible Tammy saw or encountered something at the party. She had no history of mental illness at that point, and she had had a normal and decent life. Although I've gotta wonder: If somebody wanted rid of Tammy, it is more likely that they would have done something at the party as opposed to giving her a chance to escape.

I wouldn't say Tammy was gullible. In fact, she was paranoid. Always convinced someone was trying to poison her. I think she would have been paritcularly careful trusting anyone she didn't know.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #55
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Cases like these are indicative, now that I am 15 years older and a bit more "worldlier" than the original time I viewed them, of the segments on Unsolved Mysteries that I feel are less mysterious than they are portrayed. Not saying that a sudden, and apparently 100% complete, disappearance of a gorgeous 18 year old aspiring actress isn't mysterious. Quite the contrary. I would contend that such an occurrence, along with the bizarre behavior exhibited by the person in question, are , indeed, very mysterious. I would also contend that I believe several cases profiled on UM contain "Maguffins"( Alfred Hitchcock), showing re-creations of events, often mis-characterized and blown out of proportion, that more than likely had nothing to do with the actual mystery. This is one of those cases, in my opinion.

Let me put out the disclaimers:

THIS IS IN NO WAY MEANING TO DISRESPECT THE MEMORY OF TAMMY-LYNN, NOR HER GRIEVING FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ROCK SOLID PROOF FOR MY ASSUMPTIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGE EVERYONE ELSE'S CONCLUSIONS ON HER ACTUAL FATE HAVE AS MUCH CREDIBILITY, PERHAPS IN SOME CASES MORE, THAN MY OWN.

Okay, that being said, I think the questions surrounding the party, the events Tammy-Lynn had witnessed, the drug transactions and the money laundering, etc. are the "Maguffins" of this unsolved mystery. What happened or what didn't happen is very hard to determine because of the documented mental condition of Tammy-Lynn. I believe she had a very vivid, very intense, and ultimately very IMAGINED fear of people out to get her. Not eating from your own plate and becoming a recluse at age 18 are symptoms of some very strong paranoia. I don't think this was due to any real threat because a rational mind isn't afraid of drug dealers poisoning just their plate of food in their own household. If Tammy-Lynn's mind wasn't operating rationally, then how can we take her word for what occurred when no one can corroborate her assertions of wrongdoings? That Wingnut guy contends that she accused him, I took it as being very often, of doing things to harass her. So there is a precedent of her inventing nefarious scenarios where none existed. For me all of the documentable evidence and all of the testimony from people involved who have no history in any mental institutions are more credible than Tammy-Lynn's accounts of terror and criminal activity.

My contention that her fear wasn't real and stemmed from imagined events, or events that were devoid of any malice but in her paranoid mind became something nightmarish, does nothing to answer the question of what actually became of her. That, for some people, is unsatisfactory and those people need all things to wrap up neatly, involving every bit of evidence brought out by UM. Unfortunately that is the stuff of movies, not of real life. She may have met with wrong doing, either from her previous experiences with drug dealing money launderers or perhaps a random act of violence. Perhaps she wandered afraid and alone, but oddly disassociated from reality, and met with some predator who took advantage of that situation for some unmentionable fate. Maybe she lived as a Jane Doe in a hospital or assisted care facility somewhere, maybe she lives there now. I have no answers. I know that isn't sexy or catchy and I fear that is the reason people want to involve the more sexy and catchy aspects of her story into her disappearance. I just feel their assertions are wrong.
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #56
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Good analysis, Corky Kneivel, and I like the use of the Maguffin. I think it is a very apt description of the kind of thing UM does quite often, as much as I love the show. Indeed, now I love it as much for seeing how they artificially construct a narrative, especially when it's a story where the actual facts of the case can be obtained and compared against the UM version, as for the stories themselves. Very meta.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #57
suzannec4444
Frequent Poster

Hi
Tammy did not have mental disorders and they released her from the mental home.there was a lead about a year ago someone threatened to kill.I think this person did.I am still trying to find out why she threatened to tell on this person and for what?I do know this person threatened to kill her.I will not name names.I do not have any money but If there are any psychics or free detectives to look into tammy that feel they might know what happened to tammy or anyone thinks they might know what happened to her please email me at
findtammylynnleppert@yahoo.com
suzannec4444@yahoo.com
I have a sister who came up missing on July 6th 1983 from Cocoa Beach Florida.her name is Tammy Lynn Leppert.here is her pictures if it will help ok?I have been looking for a long time for her.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../TLeppert1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...4/TLeppert.jpg

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/

I am also checking for her as an unidentified Jane Doe or skeletal remains found over the years.Please contact me if you know something.Please work with me.Please help me find her.I care very much of what became of her.I have been looking for her myself for a long time.I just want to know something.Is she alive or dead.I just want to know.
suzannec4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:04 AM   #58
suzannec4444
Frequent Poster

Hi
Please keep tammy in your prayers.

suzanne
Old 06-01-2007, 03:44 AM   #59
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well Suzanne, Tammy and you and your family are in my prayers and everyone's here. We all hope she is found and hopefully alive but if not so your family can at least give her the proper burial. It is just so sad what happened. I was actually down in Cocoa Beach in January, I had forgot that Tammy was from there until I checked this, I hadnt watched the Um segment on her for several weeks before I went down there. I will have to look things up again to see where exactly in Cocoa Beach she disappeared from. IT really could have been anyone that is responsible for what happened as tons of people go through Cocoa Beach. I also do not think that Tammy had a mental disorder, at least not from what I have seen. No doubt she was afraid, but I think too many people assume that it was just paranoid dilusions or bi polar and I honestly think she was stressed out of her mind because she had a legimate fear because someone was threatening her, who that was is unclear. Clearly she was scared.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #60
suzannec4444
Frequent Poster

Hi
thankyou.Today is July 6th.She came up missing July 6th 1983.Please keep tammy in your prayers to find out what happened to her.It's been a long time.If someone knows something please let me know.Please.If you ever called in a lead to anywhere please email me again with it.I will look into it. Please help me find her.Please.

suzannec4444@yahoo.com

suzanne