Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes
ABC 2019 Holiday Specials and Episodes; E! Sets Date for Reality Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #16
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
Another Megadeth fan? They're old skool stuff kicks ass!

I never really thought about the Megadeth man not being responsible for the disappearance of Debra Poe. It's just generally assumed he did it but as previously mentioned, why would you hang around the scene of the crime? Or maybe he was interupted or entered the shop and finding the attendant missing, decided to perhaps steal some cash?
For sure, bro. The first four albums are all killer.

And I don't think he did it either. He probably just took the opportunity to swipe a few cases of beer and maybe some cash and that's when the other broad walked in. I doubt he had anything to do with Poe's disappearance at all.
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #17
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
For sure, bro. The first four albums are all killer.

And I don't think he did it either. He probably just took the opportunity to swipe a few cases of beer and maybe some cash and that's when the other broad walked in. I doubt he had anything to do with Poe's disappearance at all.
Hmm.. no doubt you'd have a couple of faded Megadeth shirts in the closet.... where were you at the time of the disappearances?!?!?

"Whadda ya think I'm broke, HAH"
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #18
Tretsy
Occasional Poster

Did you notice that the police said that nothing was missing or out of place but when the police went behind the counter there were things strewn all over the floor?
Tretsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:59 PM   #19
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
My theroy is that his staying behind was spontaneous. I speculate that he knocked Debra Poe unconscious, or at least overpowered her to the point where she couldn't escape or cry for help. Then upon hearing the customer approach the store, he quickly hid her, and pretended to be the store clerk. Once the customer was accomodated and had left the store, the man resumed his criminal deed.
My theory is very similar to Kane's. If you propose someone else is responsible for the disappearance, that really stretches probability, IMO. It would require a second person with strange/criminal motives and actions to show up in the same store in a very brief period of time. The simple and most likely explanation is what Kane described.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:43 PM   #20
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Why then, would the abductor/murderer stick around, pretend to fill the job of his abductee/victim and sell someone cigarettes?

It doesn't make sense for someone who'd do this, to stick around and take the chance of letting himself be identified later on after the fact.......
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:56 PM   #21
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
Hmm.. no doubt you'd have a couple of faded Megadeth shirts in the closet.... where were you at the time of the disappearances?!?!?

"Whadda ya think I'm broke, HAH"

Haha, well in 1990 I was 10 years old, so I think you can rule me out as a suspect!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:36 PM   #22
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerz85
Why then, would the abductor/murderer stick around, pretend to fill the job of his abductee/victim and sell someone cigarettes?

It doesn't make sense for someone who'd do this, to stick around and take the chance of letting himself be identified later on after the fact.......
Nobody said he stuck around for a long time. He may have been surprised by the interruption from the customer and had to launch an impromptu pretend mode as the cashier.

I'd argue it makes much less sense for the Megadeth guy to fill the role as the cashier if he's merely a greedy opportunist, and not an abductor. Why wouldn't he say, "hey, take whatever you want, there's no one here. That's what I'm going to do."

Because if he says that then the other person will possibly combine suspicion with a search of the premises, and that's the last thing Megadeth wants.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #23
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Hmm, I am torn on this one. I think why would Megadeath hang around the scene if in fact he was one that abducted Poe. But on the other hand if he didnt abduct Poe why would he pretend to be the clerk and stuff? I do think Awsi brings up a good point that I wouldnt have thought of otherwise and that is if Megadeath wasnt involved in Poe's abduction and if he in fact was just in there taking the opportunity to steal some beer and other stuff than why wouldnt he just tell the chick that came in "hey the clerk isnt here, take all the cigarettes you want!" I do now think that it is very likely that he was doing something to Poe in a backroom or something and he got surprised by the woman coming in. However that raises another point because when the woman came in he was already behind the counter so if he was in the back and she came in he would have had to walk from the back to the front. I dont know what to think here. I can see it either way where it could or couldnt be megadeath that abducted Poe. It is just that I think if he was just stealing some things and that was it that he wouldnt go out of his way like that to act like the clerk just to cover up a simple theft.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:53 PM   #24
Awsi Dooger

It's hard to evaluate truth based on the UM segments because you're never sure if they're exactly what happened. Even if the UM clip depicts the Megadeth guy behind the counter when the woman came into the store, can we be certain that was the case?

Plus, there could have been an alert system when someone pulled up in a car, a bell or something that went off in the back room, and that caused Megadeth to know he had company and he better get out front.

I'll continue to believe one person is more likely than the multiplexed alternative:

1) abduction and a clean getaway, no one seeing anything
2) Megadeth shows up shortly after #1, and instinctively launches his act even though he was not involved in the abduction and has no knowledge of it
Old 01-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #25
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger

I'll continue to believe one person is more likely than the multiplexed alternative:

1) abduction and a clean getaway, no one seeing anything
2) Megadeth shows up shortly after #1, and instinctively launches his act even though he was not involved in the abduction and has no knowledge of it
That could perhaps be the case though.........think of it, if you happen upon the scene, the place is empty and your just walking around waiting for the clerk......then someone else shows up.......that someone else could maybe figure you for a shoplifter, robber or some other similar nefarious character.

So.......you do what you have to, then after the customer leaves....you wait around for a few more mins. and after not finding anyone, you bolt.....

If this case is related to the others that were mentioned (the other disappearing clerks).........and there were no suspect descriptions from those cases.....then I would be more inclined to believe that the suspect would've indeed made a clean getaway and escaped detection just as he had before.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:05 AM   #26
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Megadeath
Old 01-26-2007, 02:12 AM   #27
Awsi Dooger

It could have happened that way. I'm always at the mercy of the small percentage course of events since I default in the other direction.

If Megadeth is not involved, I would expect him to be in a hurry. He has no idea where the clerk is. But if he's responsible and knows exactly what has taken place, then his priority is to take care of the unexpected customer as tamely as possible and get back to the abducted woman in the back room, or wherever she was.

I don't put a great deal of stock in his supposedly odd behavior in telling the woman she shouldn't smoke. It reminds me a little bit of the Angela Hammond abductor saying he didn't need to use the phone anyway. Cocky behavior by someone who has contemplated/strategized this act and now is in the midst of it. I'm sure plenty of them want to stand out and sweeten the trail of pursuit, even if subconsciously.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:31 AM   #28
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger

I don't put a great deal of stock in his supposedly odd behavior in telling the woman she shouldn't smoke. It reminds me a little bit of the Angela Hammond abductor saying he didn't need to use the phone anyway. Cocky behavior by someone who has contemplated/strategized this act and now is in the midst of it. I'm sure plenty of them want to stand out and sweeten the trail of pursuit, even if subconsciously.
Agreed. If this guy was a serial killer (who was responsible for the earlier abductions and so on) by the time he got to Debra Poe, he could've been fully desensitized and used to things, which is why the UM segment didn't portray him as jittery, nervous or anything like that.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:50 AM   #29
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Haha, well in 1990 I was 10 years old, so I think you can rule me out as a suspect!
....or so it seems.....
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:36 AM   #30
wiseguy182

The Megadeth guy (Hey Dislimb, I got it right this time!) does at least one transaction. I have had instances where I have had to step away for a moment, and then come back and find a note that says "took so and so items, charge it to this room" or sometimes they leave a note and cash. I wonder if anything like this was ever found. If not, then I might lean more towards the Megadeth guy being guilty. A more honest character would have left a note/cash, although it's possible somebody else might have picked it up.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote