Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: One Day at a Time Season Premiere Date Set; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Renewed
Fri-Yay: Disney+ Launches; NBC Orders 8th Season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #61
Cursiorandcursior
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
It was not an easy shot, but was a possible one. There are wildly contradictory stories regarding Oswald's shooting ability. Someone recalled being on a rabbit hunt with him in Russia where he couldn't even hit a rabbit and someone else had to shoot it for him. Someone else recalled target practice in the Marines, when everyone had knocked off for coffee and cigarettes because no one could hit anything accurately with a strong side wind. Oswald continued to shoot, and to hit the target accurately.
He had to be at a minimum a "marksman" in order to be qualified at all. I attained this while in the AF a long time ago. (Next is "Sharpshooter" and the top rank is "Expert.) As I said, one shot went completely astray and hit the curb down from the motorcade. So that left only two shots. From a photo I saw from where Oswald was sitting, it was an easy shot in my opinion. As I recall he bought the rifle for $12 through the mail and it was said to be of inferior design but evidently accurate enough. With a scope and a steady position and the motorcade moving at 15 mph (as told by Jack Valenti on Imus) it was an easy shot. Valenti (now deceased) said he had no doubt as to what happened. He always struck me as a "straight shooter."

I do believe, however, that the possible connection to Marcello and Trafficante are worth exploring.

The other thing is the alleged "magic bullet" which fell out on the gurney. Although it was said to be "pristine" I believe it is more accurate to say that it was slightly deformed. On the number of bullets fired:

"Of 178 witnesses whose evidence was compiled by the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), 132 reported hearing exactly three shots, 17 recalled hearing two, 7 said they heard two or three shots (total: 88%). A total of 6 people said they thought they heard four shots, and 9 said they were not sure how many shots they heard. Another 7 people said they thought they heard 1, 5, 6, or 8 shots."

(Snip)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_bullet_theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Marcello

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKtrafficante.htm
Old 10-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #62
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

So now they think the killer was an unknown stranger, but they still want to interview Burke? What the...?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/395058...ple/?gt1=43001
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #63
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

Quote:
So now they think the killer was an unknown stranger, but they still want to interview Burke? What the...?

I dont buy this crime was committed by a unknown stranger. If they think this, what is the need for interviewing Burke??? That makes no sense.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #64
ComedyGuy
King Of TV Trivia

Maybe now that Burke is an adult he might be able to recall some info that may help police ???
Old 10-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #65
crochetbuff
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachysquirt21
I dont buy this crime was committed by a unknown stranger. If they think this, what is the need for interviewing Burke??? That makes no sense.

Just like in the Antonette Cayadito case (her sister remembered other things as an adult, or realized as she got older that something she remembered could be of importantce) or many others, re-interviewing witnesses once they're grown can bring out new revelations. Many times, as children, the witnesses may have held back some information thinking, in their child's logic, they might get in trouble, that they did some little thing wrong they shouldn't have (something that had nothing to do with the crime). I.E. Say Brock wasn't supposed to be out of bed at a certain time, but he was, and he saw something. As a child he may not have told, because he thought he'd get in trouble for being out of bed. Now as adults they may open up, they may also remember something with new questioning that may not have been brought out before.
crochetbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #66
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Have you guys seen this about that nut, John Mark Karr?

I missed it when it was first published in June. I initially ignored it because the title of the article sounded like some bizarre concoction of the National Enquirer.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/374650...y-today_people

Turns out that he's been living as a woman and has been known to stay in a Seattle women's shelter.

Why would a pedophile who prefers female victims live as a woman? I don't think it's because he's a male lesbian. The only reason I can think of is that little kids aren't hanging around men's homeless shelters. The best place to find new victims with inattentive mothers is exactly where this guy's been hanging out: schools, thailand, craig's list, and women's shelters.

His first wife was 13 years old and his second wife was 16. This latest girl, the one who claims he used her in his sex cult plan, was 17 when she started dating him. San Francisco is trying to serve him with a restraining order, but can't find him. I wish someone would just put this old pervert out of our misery.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:16 AM   #67
slasherman
Frequent Poster

Quote:

I think they have a chance to solve this case with the method familial DNA. I still think a guy living in the neighborhood did it. Maybe in a radius of 300 meters from the Ramsey's. I don't think the killer knew the Ramsey's more than being a observer that walked (or drove) by their house regularly.
slasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:36 AM   #68
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasherman
I think they have a chance to solve this case with the method familial DNA. I still think a guy living in the neighborhood did it. Maybe in a radius of 300 meters from the Ramsey's. I don't think the killer knew the Ramsey's more than being a observer that walked (or drove) by their house regularly.
Whoever committed this crime had to been somewhat close at least with the Ramseys given the details in the ransom note. I highly doubt a total stranger would roam around there house for hours looking for personal info to put into that ransom note.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #69
slasherman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachysquirt21
Whoever committed this crime had to been somewhat close at least with the Ramseys given the details in the ransom note. I highly doubt a total stranger would roam around there house for hours looking for personal info to put into that ransom note.
The killer probably was in the house for hours before the Ramsey's came home. I think there is a strong probability that the killer did collect information about the Ramsey's by going through their personal information then write the note before the Ramsey's came home. The killer using a pen and paper from the Ramsey's home proves to me it was something of a spontaneous sick joke from the killer. But it don't have to be spontaneous thing though, cause all houses have a pen and paper so maybe the killer planned to do it like that.
The only important thing the note proves to me is that the killer lives pretty close to the Ramsey's (in the neighborhood) and that he didn't know them very much.
slasherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #70
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Quote:
The killer probably was in the house for hours before the Ramsey's came home. I think there is a strong probability that the killer did collect information about the Ramsey's by going through their personal information then write the note before the Ramsey's came home. The killer using a pen and paper from the Ramsey's home proves to me it was something of a spontaneous sick joke from the killer. The only important thing the note proves to me is that the killer lives pretty close to the Ramsey's (in the neighborhood) and that he didn't know them very much.
I agree, i think the killer likely lived near them and likely came to the house for hours and likely found a way to get info on them, the guy planned ahead.
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #71
freshwater
Frequent Poster

MAYBE an intruder could have dug around and found out that John Ramsey's bonus was $118,000 and asked for that amount in the ransom note. NO WAY would an intruder know that it was an inside family joke that John Ramsey had "good southern common sense".

Not buying it.
freshwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:21 AM   #72
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Should have been bumped up for Christmas. Not one goes by that I don't think of her.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:35 AM   #73
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
The killer probably was in the house for hours before the Ramsey's came home. I think there is a strong probability that the killer did collect information about the Ramsey's by going through their personal information then write the note before the Ramsey's came home. The killer using a pen and paper from the Ramsey's home proves to me it was something of a spontaneous sick joke from the killer. But it don't have to be spontaneous thing though, cause all houses have a pen and paper so maybe the killer planned to do it like that.
The only important thing the note proves to me is that the killer lives pretty close to the Ramsey's (in the neighborhood) and that he didn't know them very much.
Seriously? You believe that an unknown killer, w/ detailed knowledge of the Ramsey home, broke in, waited HOURS and then killed the little girl? This same killer then wrote a note in handwriting similar to the mother's and mentioned an amount of a bonus that the father received from his job?

AND....this same killer left the home unnoticed by either the Ramsey's or the neighbors, has gone years w/o admitting his/her guilt and has been able to lead a "normal life" despite strangling a small child to death?

Had this case not been bungled so badly, I believe that at least one member of the Ramsey family would have indicted and possibly convicted for this crime. The "stranger killing" narrative just doesn't seem to have any credibility in this case.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:35 AM   #74
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus
Seriously? You believe that an unknown killer, w/ detailed knowledge of the Ramsey home, broke in, waited HOURS and then killed the little girl? This same killer then wrote a note in handwriting similar to the mother's and mentioned an amount of a bonus that the father received from his job?

AND....this same killer left the home unnoticed by either the Ramsey's or the neighbors, has gone years w/o admitting his/her guilt and has been able to lead a "normal life" despite strangling a small child to death?

Had this case not been bungled so badly, I believe that at least one member of the Ramsey family would have indicted and possibly convicted for this crime. The "stranger killing" narrative just doesn't seem to have any credibility in this case.
You're dead on. I can't believe those pursuing the case now can seriously believe such things. They are just trying to get Burke to tell what (if anything) he knows. It wasn't prosecuted because no one could determine which of the parents to charge with murder and which with accomplice or accessory after the fact, or whether both may have been covering for Burke.

As to confusion by some regarding what happened here, I'll quote what was said following the O. J. trial: "they split a hair, then they split the split." The defense used all sorts of tactics, including not allowing certain evidence to be admitted, to confuse the jury and divert them from the obvious. After they were allowed out of seclusion and heard some of what the public had been hearing all that time, some, if not all, of them changed their minds, but it was too late then. Lou Schmidt did some great work regarding JonBenét's case, but it doesn't change the fact that only three people could have committed that crime. Since it's unlikely all three ganged up on her, it boils down to one, and the only question is which. My money's still on Patsy.

Last edited by Cori aka ChrisSCrush; 12-28-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #75
wiseguy182

The thing about the "Ramseys did it" crowd is that they (still to this day) have never settled on who they actually think is responsible.

"John did it."

"No wait, Patsy did it"

"No wait, Burke did it"

"No wait, John and Patsy together did it",

"No wait, Burke did it and Patsy is covering for him"

Please. If you were going to get me believe someone in the house was responsible, you would have to pick a horse and stick with it. It is simply too easy to say someone in the house was responsible, but not settle on an actual family member (or members).

And that's one of the main reasons I was never convinced someone in the (immediate, at least) family did it.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote