Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Classic Christmas Collection and Christmas Through the Years; TBS Orders a Fifth Season of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee
2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-12-2006, 03:06 AM   #61
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpephone
I do sound a bit paranoid, huh?

I will tell you, though, I have been a crime victim. More than once. The first time, they (whoever "they" may be...) busted out my car window and stole my radar detector. $1600 worth of damage to my window and my rear fender (probably a brick or rock thrown to break the glass and it bounced off my paint, causing a large dent) for a $150 radar detector. Go figure. I was about 21 then.

Next, my house was vandalized. TWICE! The two main front windows were each broken out on two separate occasions. (Keep in mind, being only 23, I had no real enemies--or so I thought.)

About a year or so later, my son was kidnapped. I did not see him and had no idea of where he was for six weeks. I eventually found out my ex's relatives took him. I had to get a court order to get him back. That was pretty devastating.

And more recently, I now own a small chain of cellular phone stores. Four times in the past two years I have been robbed. I live in a completely different city now so I know it's not the same people.

I guess I am just tired of the craziness.

I am not using my experience to lash out or retaliate. I am just trying to understand the mind of a criminal so I can be more aware of things in my life I can change to better protect myself and those I love.
Well gad. It's only natural to carry personal experience over to evaluation of life in general. If I had examples like that, especially the shocking aspect of your son being kidnapped for six weeks, I'm sure my outlook would be different, much less trusting. Actually, I had one devastating event but it was accidental.

This case may be a murder. I'm confident it wasn't but my probability analysis is hardly a 100% system.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:35 PM   #62
UMLongtimefan
Frequent Poster

Serpe.. sorry to hear about all those instances from your own personal experience.. do what you can to protect your property and most importantly take care of you and your son

But back to this case.. I think AWSI is right.. we may be stretching it, again why would a killer stalk a family for a day to kill the daughter of Jon Bon Jovi's Manager? Why not kill the manager or Jon Bon himself? Now there are some weirdo's out there but they can't all live in Texas or have the ambition to cross state lines just to kill JBJ's Manager's Daughter...

Plus the Stranger Danger theory doesn't work out when you figure in the timeline, the killer supposedly knew he only had a few moments to kill poor Katherine, "frame" her body so her mom would find it? And if its a stalker why doesn't he kill Katherine's brother when he comes to look for her, and how does he do it all without being spotted in the few minutes in between (how would a killer know he isn't going to be spotted killing Katherine on a public street? in an area that is at least decently populated from the re-enactment, in the afternoon when many people could be returning from work or running errands themselves?).

Now don't get me wrong I'm open to the possibility that a killer took Katherine's life, stranger stalkings do happen and maybe the manager or JBJ themselves were not the target, think Jon Bennett Ramsay case... but how does a killer do this all in 15 minutes on a public street.. I just haven't heard a good rationale for this yet.

That gets me back to the hit and run, perhaps the remorseful person laid Katherine out peacefully? (but again no evidence of that -car parts on Catherine or around the scene, that has been relayed in the case) or the Katherine making a costly mistake...and as for the heat of the day and her broken hand perhaps this is precisely the reason she fell off the truck?
UMLongtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:37 AM   #63
spark19
Frequent Poster

Yea, soo...I totally forgot about this until a few minutes ago, but we are actually close family friends with the coroner/county medical examiner of the city of Austin who did in fact handle this case (Dr. Robert Bayardo...and yes, he was interviewed on the segment). And anyways, it only clicked for me a few minutes ago because we are seeing him tomorrow, and so I thought I'd ask here if anyone had any questions that he might be able to answer concerning this case?

I actually probably won't mention it tomorrow, because I highly doubt it's appropriate (we're attending the baptism of his 3 newest granddaughters...triplets), but I'd be glad to drop him an e-mail sometime this week? I mean, I don't think he's going to release any secret documents to me or anything lol, but I know that there are alot of questions surrounding this case from the members of this board...so I figured since I have access to a really good source of answers, I'd propose this to you all .
spark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #64
cmg8838
First Time Poster

Default True Unsolved Mysteries Fan

All I can say about Katherine Korzilius is If she would've stayed with her
Mom, Nancy and her Brother, Chris in their Car together or maybe If she would've waited another time to walk home Then maybe She'd be alive
today to be a Teenager. I have the Unsolved Mysteries Episode
on tape and I watch it all the time. She was a Real Angel.
cmg8838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:08 PM   #65
Fonyaesss
First Time Poster

i found this at http://websleuths.com/forums... apparently, the incident wasn't in a 15 minute time frame but more than an hour before Katherine was found by the mom.

phylliyum:
"I saw this case on unsolved mysteries a few years ago, and then again a few days ago. Her story struck me as so sad....

Katherine's father, Paul Korzilius, was the personal manager for rock star Jon Bon Jovi. The two families were quite close (you could say they were even freinds) and often took vacations together, Paul's family going along on several of Bon Jovi's tours, as well.

Katherine's family lived in Texas in an area not quite upper-class, but not the typical suburb (somewhere near Austin, I believe). The mailboxes for the houses in that part of town were roughly one-eighth of a mile from the Korzilius house. Six-year-old Katherine often liked to walk from the house to the box assigned to their family, get the mail, and return home. The trip took somewhere around half an hour when she was in no hurry to reach home.

On August 7,1996, Nancy, Katherine's mother, had taken Katherine and her brother, Chris, for a day of shopping. Paul was out of town helping Bon Jovi to promote his new tour and the subsequent album. As they approcahed the mailboxes, Katherine asked if she could get out, pick up the mail, and walk the rest of the way home. Seeing no harm in this, Nancy let her daughter do as she wished. She left Katherine at the mailbox with the key, then headed for home. It was 4:15 P.M.

An hour later, Katherine had still not returned home. By this time, Nancy was in a panic. She had called the police, but was informed that, unless she had been missing for at least twenty-four hours, they could not declare Katherine missing. Angered and upset, Nancy pulled Chris into the family car and drove out to the mailboxes. When she did not see her daughter anywhere, she made a wide circle around the neighborhood.

She found Katherine's battered body laying in the middle of the road over a half a mile away from the house, obviously not on the path she normally took home. Frantic, Nancy pulled her daughter into the car and headed for the local hospital. Around six hours later, at 11:30 P.M., Katherine was pronounced brain-dead.

Hospital examinations before her death revealed a fractured skull and several bruises and uneven cuts on one hip, both knees, both elbows, the left shoulderblade, and the small of her back. The coronrer corroborated this, saying that it was most likely caused by either falling, jumping, or being thrown froma moving vehicle. There was no evidence of sexual assault; only physical trauma.

Later, the police sent the K-9 unit to track the girl's scent. Startng at the mailboxes, they had walked for perhaps five or six minutes when the trail veered off into a vacant lot, then disappeared, only to be picked up again where the body was found. Police and private detectives surmised that she encountered her attacker, ran into the lot to escape, but was then picked up and thrown into a vehicle. Whether she jumped out of the vehicle or if she was thrown was never discovered. But the coroner said that the fracture in her skull was of greater size and severity to have been caused by the fall; she had obviously been struck, possibly several times, in the head.

To this day, almost ten years later, this innocent girl's brutal murder goes unavenged and the killer walks free. The family has moved on, but there is a hole in their hearts and their lives that cannot and will not ever be filled.

Shortly after the incident, Jon Bon Jovi penned the song August 7, 4:15, a ballad about the fateful events of that day, and dedicated it to her memory. He said it was the least he could have done for the family, but wished he could have done so much more.

I have heard several theories about this case. One is that Katherine grabbed onto the back of her mother's car and fell off, and that her mother lied about finding her. This theory doesn't hold up with me for several reasons. another one I hear is hit and run, but then why would her body look so peaceful? hit and run victims do not USUALLY look that pleasent, and why would her scent have been picked up near the lot and her body not found near there?"
Fonyaesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #66
elvisfan
Occasional Poster

Personally I think that a resident of the neighborhood was going too fast, didn't see the child and hit her. A teenager, a frazzled mom...
elvisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #67
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Bump - Since I mentioned this case in the Joe Owens thread, I thought the newbies might want a shot at it. I agree, by the way, with Awsi Dooger's posts on this case - it seems to me that in all probability she jumped on the back of her mother's van, as the police suggested. Other scenarios require too many "variables," as Awsi Dooger puts it, in a very short time span. Although, thanks to Fonyaesss's post above, that time span is in question to some degree.

I think I may have posted more extensively in another thread on this case. I'll search, and, if so, repost.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #68
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Such a sad case...

I agree with you, mozart. I think despite peoples feelings about other theories (and the bloodhound evidence), the most likely scenario is that she jumped on her mom's vehicle. Nothing else makes sense.

Never tell a little kid they can't do something or tell them there is no way. Often times, they surprise you. Sadly, I think in this case that is exactly what happened. Even though her mom thinks she was "laid out" as if arranged, she could have fallen that way or even been concious long enough to roll over.

I feel so bad for the poor parents.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #69
Tap Dancer
Forum Regular

Is there somewhere online I can see this segment? I couldn't find anything... Please PM me.
Tap Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:44 AM   #70
Katrin
Occasional Poster

Hey,
I'm sorry answering this theme so late but I just found it now. I'm also sorry for my englisch but I'm living in germany and I just have got englisch in school. Hope you can understand, what I mean. I also think that this is such a sad case.
I understand the theory with the car-grabbing and I also understand your various ideas why she should have did it. but im also not sure i a 6year old girl can jump on a driven car...

i just don't understand why you're always talking about 15 minutes!? i just read that it was taken about hours...

Last edited by Katrin; 05-03-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Katrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #71
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrin
Hey,
I'm sorry answering this theme so late but I just found it now. I'm also sorry for my englisch but I'm living in germany and I just have got englisch in school. Hope you can understand, what I mean. I also think that this is such a sad case.
I understand the theory with the car-grabbing and I also understand your various ideas why she should have did it. but im also not sure i a 6year old girl can jump on a driven car...

i just don't understand why you're always talking about 15 minutes!? i just read that it was taken about hours...

Hi, Katrin -

Welcome to the board! We are happy to have you here.

Don't worry about your English. It is just fine... and I don't speak a word of German!

The 15 minutes is not accurate. It was quite a while before she was found.

As far as jumping on the car, it would have been difficult that day because of the heat, but not impossible. If I recall, she had done that before. The car would have been stopped briefly while she got out, which would have been enough time for her to do it.

I just think that makes the most sense based on the evidence.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #72
Mystery Lover
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
she could have fallen that way or even been concious long enough to roll over.

I never even thought of that before! That makes some sense "if" she was on her Moms car. She could have fallen off and then rolled over.

I can't remember... were there marks on her face? Cause if she had fallen on her front and rolled over to her back, she would have had some sort of mark on her front side. Even if it was a small scrape.
Mystery Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #73
Katrin
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
Hi, Katrin -

Welcome to the board! We are happy to have you here.

Don't worry about your English. It is just fine... and I don't speak a word of German!

The 15 minutes is not accurate. It was quite a while before she was found.

As far as jumping on the car, it would have been difficult that day because of the heat, but not impossible. If I recall, she had done that before. The car would have been stopped briefly while she got out, which would have been enough time for her to do it.

I just think that makes the most sense based on the evidence.

hey,
thank you for the explanation
yeah, now I see, it makes sense...
Katrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:18 AM   #74
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

What injuries did she sustain besides the skull fracture? Was she bruised or skinned as if she had been struck or fallen?
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #75
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
What injuries did she sustain besides the skull fracture? Was she bruised or skinned as if she had been struck or fallen?
According to various websites (including wikipedia) she did indeed have bruises and scrapes.
Wikipedia article

Earlier in this thread, one user quoted that: "Hospital examinations before her death revealed a fractured skull and several bruises and uneven cuts on one hip, both knees, both elbows, the left shoulderblade, and the small of her back. The coroner corroborated this, saying that it was most likely caused by either falling, jumping, or being thrown from a moving vehicle. There was no evidence of sexual assault; only physical trauma."
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote