Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2019 A Very Merry MeTV Lineup; Ricky Gervais Returns to Host Golden Globe Awards
CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-29-2005, 01:00 PM   #31
ddelta
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idyllia
As I recall, they never found the mail.
I recall that she handed the mail to her mom and then asked if she could walk back to the house.
ddelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:56 PM   #32
idyllia
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to idyllia

I found an old blog entry someone posted (it was a google cache so I can't link to it, sorry!!)

And it stated that her mom left her at the mailboxes with the key.

They apparently wrote the entry soon after viewing the episode, so I'm inclined to trust this account.

((It was under the title "This is really touching..." at elyouth.com. I don't know if you'll be able to find it if you sign up and whatnot, as I didn't feel like going through the trouble.))
idyllia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:51 PM   #33
An 80s Guy
legen-wait for it-dary!

Send a message via Yahoo to An 80s Guy

its kinda creepy I live in Austin
An 80s Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:34 AM   #34
onenonlyscotia
First Time Poster

Default Questions

I watch this show quite often but haven't seen the case and didn't know about the song til I imdb'd john bon jovi. I didn't read all the link so this question might already be answered. Does anyone know if they checked to see if this was maybe a kidnapping gone wrong? Someone thinking they could maybe cash in on bon jovi's money thru his manager's girl? The "someone took her in the car theory and she got away and got hurt" DOES have merit. (I'm a criminolist in boston btw) so am interested in old "cold" cases.
onenonlyscotia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #35
summerbreeze1959
Occasional Poster

Default Katherine Korzilius and a question....

I agree with everyone. That story absolutely haunts me. Does the Unsolved Mystery's website ever update? I keep going to it to try and find updates on episodes I've seen and there's never anything new. I love the show but find myself searching the internet to see if I can find out anything most everyday. Today I discovered this site and I'm really excited. I have enjoyed reading the different thoughts and ideas from everyone.
summerbreeze1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:48 PM   #36
Toadley
Occasional Poster

I always thought that it could have been a youthfull offender. There was a case profiled on another show about a girl whose mom was at work so the moms boyfriend made sure she was wearing her personal alarm when she left to walk to a friends house. She was grabbed from in front of the house she was killed in and I beleive part of the alarm was even found on the sidewalk in front of that house. Sorry I don't remember which one or more details than I do. My point is that if it wasn't well planned or was spur of the moment on the killers part she could very well have been left in front of or very near the guilty persons house. Maybe they were afraid of a house to house search and didn't have time to do anything else with the body. I also wonder why the brother was crying already. It is possible that he is just very sensitive. Does anyone remember how old he was? I find myself hopeing that it was just a horrible accident because that would mean there wasn't another child predator out there.
Toadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:53 PM   #37
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

I really doubt that the brother had anything to do with his sister's death. I don't remember how old he was but I think he was slightly older than his sister.

Personally I think the theory of Katherine grabbing onto the Suburban deserved further investigation. I think her mother may have let her out of the car and then Katherine decided on the spur of the moment to jump onto the bumper of the Suburban and ride along while her mother drove the short distance home. It would be useful to know if the mother had locked the doors after she let out Katherine. Also, some GM vehicles have a device where as soon as the car shifts into Drive, the doors automatically lock. If the rear door was locked, I think Katherine could have tried to stand on the bumper while holding the rear door handle or the protruding hinges that Suburbans have on the rear. She then could have fallen and her mother would not have noticed (not her fault though) due to the fact that a Suburban is a very large vehicle and the fact that her rear windows were darkly tinted. This would make sense especially considering that Katherine's injuries were consistent with falling out of a moving vehicle.

The reason I am bringing this up is because as a child I remember doing things like this.

Also, does anyone remember if the subdivision was a gated community?
NDAlum2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:09 PM   #38
Toadley
Occasional Poster

I didn't mean to imply that I thought her brother had anything to do with it, because I never did think that. I just thought that maybe he had a reason to be afraid, like maybe he knew of someone who had been bothering her. Maybe she did hold onto the back of the car and had learned it from him. I wondered if he thought he would get into trouble for not finding her or if he really was just that sensitive. Maybe he found her like that and didn't know what to do and was afraid that he would get in trouble for not knowing what to do. I only thought that last one because of the girl that saw her sister get taken after answering the front door and didn't say anything about it for a long time because she thought she would get into trouble. I never thought the brother had anything to do with what happened to his sister.

If the door automatically locked wouldn't they have mentioned it? I don't remember if there were gates or not but I don't think it looked like there were in the re-enactment.
Toadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #39
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I don't think the doors had automatic locks on them. When the Korzilius family hired a private investigator to look into Katherine's death, the investigtor made a point of saying that if Katherine had grabbed onto the handle of the back door, the door would have opened. If the car had automatic locks, this wouldn't be plausible.

I don't think that the Korzilius family lived in a gated community, either. But I do agree with everyone on the thread... this is SUCH a sad case. I hope we'll get answers eventually.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:46 PM   #40
Awsi Dooger

When these older threads are bumped, sometimes I read my old posts and disagree with myself.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #41
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

I think it may be possible that Katherine could have held onto the area above the rear door that the investigator showed us. The black paint there is dull and I think it would have been cool enough to touch, but for Katherine it would have been a stretch. Since the car had been used for errands, it wouldn't have been as hot as if it had sat out all day unmoved.

I agree with Toadley, I didn't think you were implying that, but I think that maybe he was overly sensitive. It would be good to know if he was overly sensitive.
NDAlum2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 01:05 AM   #42
amazins03
Occasional Poster

This was just on last week.

I really have to question the parents here. I know they live in an upscale neighborhood where bad things never happen, but the fact of the matter is that these type of things can happen anywhere.

And I see about letting your 6 year old become independent, but there's many safer ways of doing that then letting her off at a mailbox and letting her walk home by herself. I don't care if it's "only" one eigth of a mile from the mailbox to her house. It's still dangerous - absent-minded even - to let a six year old girl walk around the neighborhood unattended to in this generation. Doing things like that, you probably should expect something bad to happen.

These people thought they were safer than they were, and it cost them. Nobody is ever really safe in this sad world we live in these days. And the most dangerous thing is thinking you are.
amazins03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #43
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazins03
This was just on last week.

I really have to question the parents here. I know they live in an upscale neighborhood where bad things never happen, but the fact of the matter is that these type of things can happen anywhere.

And I see about letting your 6 year old become independent, but there's many safer ways of doing that then letting her off at a mailbox and letting her walk home by herself. I don't care if it's "only" one eigth of a mile from the mailbox to her house. It's still dangerous - absent-minded even - to let a six year old girl walk around the neighborhood unattended to in this generation. Doing things like that, you probably should expect something bad to happen.

These people thought they were safer than they were, and it cost them. Nobody is ever really safe in this sad world we live in these days. And the most dangerous thing is thinking you are.
Agree with ya. You cannot let children do things like this anymore. It is way to risky & it has gotten even worse since this incident occured.

I dont believe this was a accident & the girl was hanging on the back of the vehicle. The way she was described when found was it looked like someone had placed her there. If that's the case, I dont see how she could have been hanging on the back, fallen & ended up like she did.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:22 AM   #44
Mr.Clairvoyant
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushedVelvet
I have always believed that someone in the neighborhood accidentally hit her with their car which is why she was found still in the neighborhood and hair all smoothed aout (the person was probably a parent themselves) and felt terrible buut is scared to come forward. Now that the case has been on UM and so well covered, I doubt that person will ever come forward. If she had been abducted she would most likely have been found in the woods and from what I understand, no evidence of sexual abuse, etc. was found. I agree about the moving list. If they ran a check on everyone who moved out soon afterwards they might find a link.
I am so confused by this case.. I am not sure what happened to this poor child.. I think that it may have been an accident.. and the person is too scared to come forward and say so as they feel like they may be charged with murder
Mr.Clairvoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #45
UMfan0682
Frequent Poster

When the mom and son arrived at the house, they said he went back outside to look for his sister. I remember his mom saying he was only gone a short time (maybe 5 min), but I wonder how far he walked down the street to look for Katherine. From the time he arrived back at the house to tell his mom he didn't see anything to Katherine's mom going back out to look herself, seems like it would only be a few minuets. It's seems like in that little amount of time, someone would have seen a car or person walking down the street.

But the way her mom described Katherine when she found her was strange. Her arms at her sides, seems to discount her jumping from the car, to me anyways. I hope one day the family will find the answer to this case...
UMfan0682 is offline   Reply With Quote