Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

James Corden Gets Extended by CBS; Freeform's Halloween House Returns for 31 Nights of Halloween
Silicon Valley Returns for Final Season; Netflix Gears Up for Elvis Animated Comedy
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 19, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Paley Center to Honor TV Legends; NBC Developing St. Elmo's Fire TV Series
Fri-Yay: Fall Sitcom Slate Check-In: CBS; E! Gets Reality Sitcom Meet the Frasers
Comedy Central Gets Phoebe Robinson Series; Crank Yankers Returns for 5th Season
Fox to Air Holiday Comedy Series; CBS and Viacom to Combine

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six

06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/08 - Man with a Plan - Season Two
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/09 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Fourth Season
07/09 - Speechless - The Complete Third Season
07/16 - Eight Is Enough - The Complete First Season
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
07/23 - Brockmire - The Complete First Season
07/23 - What I Like About You - The Complete First Season
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #106
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
In retrospect, it's sickening to watch Chuck Dixon praising Kevin Hughes for his "fairness" in the latter's segment, when it was revealed later that Dixon was in fact at the center of Hughes' murder.
He was? I thought another man was convicted of it, but was he also involved? How crazy!
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #107
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I have to disagree about Michael Martin, McBeavis. He seemed to me to be a downright, flat-out liar. I could understand Doyle's attitude after all he had been through and actually really liked him and found him sincere.
Holy crap, I must have been half-asleep when I wrote this. I got this completely confused with the Doyle WHEELER case, McBeavis, sorry about that! I also agree that Doyle the gas station attendant seemed shifty. I had forgotten the name of the sleazy cop who said Doyle Wheeler was lying and assumed that was Michael Martin. Whoops! But can you blame me how many Doyles are there?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #108
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
He was? I thought another man was convicted of it, but was he also involved? How crazy!
Oh yeah. Chuck Dixon masterminded the chart manipulation scheme at Cashbox and ordered the hit on Kevin Hughes as he was worried he would expose the scam, which Kevin had reportedly threatened to do in the days leading up to his death. Richard D'Antonio was the actual hitman. Dixon died of cancer a couple of years before D'Antonio was indicted.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/t/st...=132437&page=1

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #109
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Oh yeah. Chuck Dixon masterminded the chart manipulation scheme at Cashbox and ordered the hit on Kevin Hughes as he was worried he would expose the scam, which Kevin had reportedly threatened to do in the days leading up to his death. Richard D'Antonio was the actual hitman. Dixon died of cancer a couple of years before D'Antonio was indicted.

WHOA. I had no idea. I don't think I'm going to be able to watch the segment without wanting to punch the TV when the guy is interviewed now. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:36 AM   #110
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Wink

Great thread!

~Ppl I believe
-Jule Caylor-he seemed like a guy who was out of it so if Dottie left I don't blame her... I don't care for the guy & he's not likeable but I really think he had nothing to do with her disappearance
-Jeff Oberholtzer
-The security guard from the Su Young Kim case I'm horrible with names tonight I just know his last name was Jones lol

Chad Noe is lying obviously
Larry Gibson
His wife was also lying her emotions & body language were just awkward .. then again it might be the nervousness.
amandab1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #111
McBevis
Forum Regular

Quote:
Holy crap, I must have been half-asleep when I wrote this. I got this completely confused with the Doyle WHEELER case, McBeavis, sorry about that! I also agree that Doyle the gas station attendant seemed shifty. I had forgotten the name of the sleazy cop who said Doyle Wheeler was lying and assumed that was Michael Martin. Whoops! But can you blame me how many Doyles are there?
Don't worry. It's no problem. I've actually only seen the Doyle Wheeler case once (since it was never shown on Lifetime, which is where I got most of my UM exposure growing up), but if I had to take a guess, I would say that Doyle Wheeler is most likely telling the truth and that Donovan Jacobs (the other cop) is probably behind the attack on Wheeler, or at least knows a lot more about it than he's admitting.

As for Doyle from the Michael Martin case, shifty is definitely an apt word to describe him, and besides his attitude problem, another thing that in my opinion definitely casts doubt upon Doyle's credibility (and that I wasn't even aware of until I started perusing some other threads pertaining to that case) was his reaction to the photo line-up that included a picture of Martin. Doyle initially pointed to a photo of Martin and says with a bit of hesitation "I THINK that's the guy" then barely a second later, changes that to "I'm SURE that's the guy." I find that a bit odd. Also, while I'm not as knowledgeable about certain police procedures, according to some posters who are more knowledgeable about such things, there were apparently some flaws in the way the photo line-up was presented in the first place. Some of them have said that based on certain circumstances, Martin's photo probably shouldn't have been in the line-up in the first place, and that it was also considerably larger than any of the other pictures shown (this having been done for no apparent reason and it definitely makes no sense to me).

In conclusion, Michael Martin spent a good number of years in jail, was eventually released, and as far as I know, has not gotten into any more trouble with the law, so even if it turns out he actually was guilty, he's been punished enough by now, and by this point I can only hope that Doyle would be mature enough to agree with that.
McBevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #112
zack007attack
Forum Regular

The plant manager in the Dale Kerstetter case. He seemed perfectly alright with letting Dale be an insider who orchestrated the platinum theft. His attitude and description of Dale makes me think Dale would be the perfect fall guy in case someone higher was in on it. Honestly, I think if the theft was an inside job it was by someone from the ownership or management; they were experiencing financial troubles much greater than what the investigator in the segment described. They probably organized the heist so they could collect insurance money.
zack007attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #113
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack007attack
The plant manager in the Dale Kerstetter case. He seemed perfectly alright with letting Dale be an insider who orchestrated the platinum theft. His attitude and description of Dale makes me think Dale would be the perfect fall guy in case someone higher was in on it. Honestly, I think if the theft was an inside job it was by someone from the ownership or management; they were experiencing financial troubles much greater than what the investigator in the segment described. They probably organized the heist so they could collect insurance money.
THIS. One of the other employers seemed just fine, but this guy in question is awful. 100% lack of concern for this missing man and automatic certainty that Kerstetter was involved? Doesn't seem like a legitimate attitude to have.
Old 07-07-2018, 01:38 AM   #114
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Not sure whether this should be under worst segments or where, but here is as good a place as any.

The one I wonder if it had any truth to it at all was the lady with strange powers which electrified her body, so she zapped the car keys, blew up the microwave oven, and my favorite was when she was ironing with steam coming out and her mother told her to plug in the iron! I still think of her sometimes while ironing or if I hit the wrong button on the microwave.

The thing I remember on the microwave is how embarrassed the older of her two sons (one was 9 - 11 years and the other a baby) was while explaining the microwave incident. Always made me wonder if he was just shy on camera or embarrassed to be repeating stuff he knew was total BS. Some people will say anything to get on TV and drag their kids along with them!
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #115
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86 View Post

It's surreal and infuriating to watch his interview snippets now. The first one where he mentions Kevin was the best chart worker Cashbox ever had. The second one where he "theorizes" that an aspiring musician wrote a song that didn't become a hit and probably blamed Kevin as a result so he killed him.

It's also painful to hear one of the investigators say Kevin's job wasn't important enough to kill him over. That must have been music to Dixon's ears (so to speak) and he had to have felt in the clear right away.

I'm kind of surprised Amazon didn't mention this in their text update. They have been really on top of things and current with their updates (for example, they have provided two updates for the Lisa Ziegert case after all the developments of this past year) yet they make absolutely no mention of Dixon's involvement here.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #116
James T

Harvey McCloud with the fake Indian bomb guy wasn't really convincing-nobody saw this person other than at the bank. Did he really kidnap Harvey or were they in on it together? There is no mention of how much was taken but if we are to believe the show it was a filled briefcase. Was this a 50/50 split for Harvey's pension fund? Why the hell would a decade long cab driver pick up somebody looking like that? Why would he agree to take only half the fare for a near hour long ride & drive into the middle of nowhere for the other half?
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #117
plmkr88
Frequent Poster

The Person who said they saw Brad Bishop and asked him "you're Brad Bishop right?" and he supposedly said "God no! " and stormed out.

That person or really any person who claims to have seen him in years following the murders.
plmkr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #118
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Another one came to mind. Dr. Branion. Iím still torn if he mightíve hired someone to do the job but I donít think he did it
amandab1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 01:09 AM   #119
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmkr88 View Post
The Person who said they saw Brad Bishop and asked him "you're Brad Bishop right?" and he supposedly said "God no! " and stormed out.

That person or really any person who claims to have seen him in years following the murders.
Always thought he just saw some down & out drunk guy/mental case who bore a vague resemblance. I think the guy believes he saw him though rather than making it up.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #120
bugnpinky
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmkr88 View Post

not necessarily. considering he hasn't been found, right now anything is in the round of possibility.
bugnpinky is offline   Reply With Quote