Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: New Sitcom from Chuck Lorre Under Development at CBS; Remembering Legendary TV Producer Leonard Goldberg
Fri-Yay: The Good Place Nearing the End; TBS Orders More Misery Index
Antenna TV's News Year's Day with NewsRadio Marathon; American Housewife Star Gets Netflix Comedy Specials
ABC's Schooled Gets Full Sophomore Year; Pop TV Rings in the New Year with Schitt's Creek
Special Guest Hosts on Late Late Show; A Very COZI Christmas Marathon on COZI TV
Roseanne Coming to COZI TV in January; Comedy Central Brings Back 31 Days of Holiday Survival
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 2, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season

10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-07-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
unsolved243
Frequent Poster

Default Jill Behrman case

So recently someone mentioned Jill's case on Unsolved Wiki and was stating that they believe that the man convicted of her murder was innocent. For those of you who may not remember, Jill was a freshman at Indiana University who vanished while home from school in May 2000. She had gone on a bike ride and never returned.

Her case was profiled on "Unsolved Mysteries" in 2001, her skeletal remains were found in 2003, and John Myers II was arrested and convicted for murder in 2006.

I looked around and found several websites about him being innocent and various people supporting his innocence. There main supports are that no physical evidence connected him to the crime, and that three other suspects had been questioned in 2002 about the case and one of them confessed (and later recanted).

However, I found several articles on the case and the evidence against him, although circumstantial, seems very strong. Here is a link to his appeal that was denied in 2007:
http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions...5300801cjb.pdf

The main evidence that I found:
-He had a van that was identical to a van seen near where Jill was last seen
-Two witnesses noted odd behavior at John's trailer the day Jill vanished (his trailer was covered, which was unusual; his car was a very far distance away from the trailer)
-He had no solid alibi for not only the day of Jill's disappearance, but that entire week as well
-Jill's bicycle was found less than a mile from his home
-The day after Jill vanished he was acting hysterically and talked about leaving town
-He made several bizarre statements to his aunt within the weeks following Jill's disappearance. He said that a girl had been abducted from the area and that he would be blamed for it. He also said "they haven't found her body yet" and assumed that she was dead. he also said that he was afraid of being stopped at a roadblock.
-A month after Jill vanished, John called his grandmother and asked to borrow $200. He said he couldn't go home because of roadblocks and that he was a suspect in Jill's disappearance.
-John's brothers Samuel owned a twelve-gauge shotgun that he stored in his parent's house. Shortly after Jill vanished, Samuel discovered the shotgun was missing. It was later determined that Jill had been killed by a twelve-gauge shotgun.
-Within the next few years, John made various bizarre statements about Jill's disappearance, talking about being questioned and where Jill's bike was, and that the authorities needed to look in different places.
-He told another girlfriend that he was the person that found Jill's bike, which was untrue.
-He told a co-worker that if he ever had to hide a body, he would hide it in a certain area, which ended up being the same area where Jill's remains were found.
-He bet with a family member that Jill would be found in a certain area, which he knew of because he liked to hunt there.
-While in jail on an unrelated charge, John wrote several letters where he said he felt bad about what happened to Jill and gave a list of several places investigators should look for her remains.
-After Jill's remains were found, he told another co-worker that he knew the area that her remains were found in, which were pictured on the front cover of a newspaper. The co-worker said the area did not appear distinctive.
-In 2004, he called his grandmother stating: "Grandma, if you just knew the things I've got on my mind. If the authorities knew it, I'd be in jail for the rest of my life," He also said, "Grandma, I wish I wasn't a bad person. I wish I hadn't done these bad things,"
-When interviewed by police in 2005, John denied that he was "scared" of roadblocks and denied that he had talked to anyone about Jill's disappearance; both statements were obviously false.
-While again in jail on an unrelated charge, John started talking to his cellmate about Jill and then stated if that "bitch wouldn't have said anything, none of this would have happened,"
-Authorities questioned John's ex-girlfriend Casey Goodman and she remembered a bizarre incident in March of 2000. She and John had gotten into an argument and he had drove her to a secluded area where they continued arguing until she got scared and asked her to leave. She remembered the way he took them to the area, and went with police officers to show them the area that John had taken her. When they got there, they found the place was just yards away from where Jill's remains were found.
-Finally, Casey broke up with John the day before Jill disappeared. Prosecutors believe that he was driving and noticed Jill. He abducted her, stripped her naked, to her to the area where she was found, raped her and shot her to death.

Sorry for such a long post, but I believe this shows that there was a pretty strong case against John Myers.
I'm wondering what you all think about the case and whether you think Myers may be innocent or guilty.
unsolved243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #2
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

John Myers was just released and his conviction was vacated due to ineffective assistance of counsel.

https://www.wthr.com/article/federal...days-retry-him
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote